Till The Clock Strikes Gone

By iyahartwrites

❝In class, you said I reminded you of someone. Who is she?❞ ❝My wife. You remind me of my wife.❞ ... More

|| foreword ||
PART ONE
letters to Eliza : ONE
o1 | maybe
o2 | turn of the tables
o3 | darling
o4 | a gift
o5 | find me
PART TWO
letters to Eliza : TWO
o6 | moonvale
o7 | the man from the future
o8 | a memory of her
o9 | no more his
10 | yes?
PART THREE
letters to Eliza : THREE
11 | William Ray
12 | little witch
13 | a helping hand
14 | beautiful
15 | a stranger so own
PART FOUR
letters to Eliza : FOUR
16 | gone forever
17 | fantasy
18 | dear Eliza
20 | never
PART FIVE
letters to Eliza : FIVE
21 | love
22 | stay
23 | ignis aurum probat
24 | future
25 | doomed
PART SIX
letters to Eliza : SIX
26 | my heart
27 | lover at your door
28 | my only love
29 | faith
30 | a christmas tale
PART SEVEN
letters to Eliza : the last letter
31 | drug of the night
32 | always yours
33 | conflicted
34 | never leave my view
35 | the time machine
36 | brave for love
37 | letters
38 | oblivion
39 | moonshine
40 | the return
a letter to William
41 | James
42 | home
epilogue: the boy
BONUS One: Peace
|| afterword ||
NEW BOOK | Behind Your Walls

19 | unstable

8.5K 620 35
By iyahartwrites

Warning: this chapter contains the usage of drugs. Read at your own risk.

•••

James was back. He had gone to his grandparents' house in Illinois and Arabella had gone with him. Both of Arabella's parents were out of town and she was alone, hence the reason for the invitation, according to James.

Eliza opened the door and James stood there with his eyes on his phone. She was happy to see him back and went to hug him but instead, he stalked past her to enter the house.

"Is your Dad home?" he asked, still busy on his phone.

"No," Eliza answered, confused at his actions.

"Good." He walked forward and closed the door with a slam.

"What's wrong with you?" Eliza questioned, surprised by his reaction.

"Let's go to your room. I'm frustrated and I need to do something other than talk." He brushed past her and climbed the stairs quickly to her room. She followed him.

As soon as she stepped inside, James grabbed her by her waist and with his other hand, locked the door shut. He pressed his lips to hers quickly and harshly which didn't go well with her. She needed him to calm down before he proceeded any further.

"James..." Eliza said against his lips. "Please slow down."

"Shut up and just kiss me."

She was taken aback by his rudeness and didn't want to follow his orders anymore. She opened her mouth to say something but James' lips travelled down to her neck and he bit her. She froze.

Eliza pushed him away and he stumbled a little before standing straight.

She could now smell the booze on him; he was drunk. She looked at his eyes and the redness in them confirmed her doubt.

"Are you drunk? It's not even 9 am!" she shouted.

He smirked before stepping closer and pulling her by her waist. She fell on his chest and he stumbled as he fell on her bed with her on top.

"James..." She struggled to get out of his grip but he held her tighter as he lifted his head to capture her lips again. She evaded him.

"James, what the fuck?" she shrieked and he looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Did you just swear at me, Eliza?" he said. "Coz that's hot."

She tried to wriggle away from his grip but he wouldn't let go of her.

"Let me go, James. You are drunk!"

"C'mon Eliza. It's been a long time since we fucked. Let me taste you, please," he whispered, rolling her over so that he was above her. She could feel him harden between her thighs.

"I'm not going to have sex with you, James. You're drunk like hell," she denied his request, sternly.

"C'mon babe, let me please you."

"No."

James must have understood the seriousness in her voice for he let go of her and rolled to his side.

"Fine," he huffed.

Eliza stared at him as he closed his eyes. She suddenly felt upset with his actions and wanted to know the reason behind the sudden intrusion.

"You didn't call," she said.

"I forgot," he answered, turning to his left to face her. He nuzzled his face on the crook of her neck. One of his arms went around her to surround her waist and he brought her closer to him.

"That's not a valid reason."

"Fine. I was angry with you," he confessed, placing kisses on her neck as his hand caressed her thighs. She was wearing a black tank top and her sleep shorts, one of his favourite costumes for her. He let out a low groan.

"Why do you smell so good?" he commented in a raspy voice, kissing her jaw. His hand moved to the waistband of her shorts and he started to tug them down but she held his wrist, making him drop his hand back.

"Why were you upset with me?" she asked.

His eyes darkened for a moment. "You weren't paying much attention to me. You were too busy checking out that damn William Ray."

Eliza felt guilty at those words. She had not only checked him out, but she had kissed that damned William Ray. How bad she felt when he stopped the whole thing and left her embarrassed. She was furious at him for doing that to her but now she felt sick after James' confession.

"I..." she began, trying to find the right words. "I'm sorry."

James lifted his head to face her. He gave a small smirk.

"You can make it up to me. Just get rid of those clothes and let me do the rest." The evil grin on his face made Eliza understand his words too clearly. Ever since he was introduced to the world of 'erotica', he had tried to pull some stunts on her but she had refused to comply.

"No, I'm not sleeping with you when you are drunk," she reminded him.

He pouted and then fell back on the bed closing his eyes again. "Well..then come to tonight's party at Arabella's house. We have got something new to try out."

She knew what he meant by that. Her body was begging her to not listen to him but after what he had just told her, she wanted to make herself forget about William Ray and pay attention to James.

"Okay."

He turned to look at her and smiled.

"That's my girl," he said and pulled her closer, pressing her to him. She brought her fingers up to play with the soft waves of his hair and hummed lightly till he fell asleep.

***

"I don't think I can handle that," Eliza said, making James look at her from the white powder that rested on the palm of his hand. Arabella threw her a bored look.

"This is the best stuff," she gloated and Eliza hissed at the harsh tone.

Ever since their return, James had been more restless than usual and Arabella looked like every time she laid an eye on Eliza, she was ready to kill her.

She wouldn't be surprised if something did happen. James was closer to Arabella than to his girlfriend.

Eliza was able to wake up James and get him out of the house before her father showed up. Fortunately, he didn't see James as the boy quietly slipped past the back door, just as the front door opened and Harvey Scott stepped in.

She let her father know that James was back and had invited her to spend some time with him and the group. Her father liked James but didn't approve of the rest. He thought that the red-haired Thomas was too obnoxious and the blond boy Knight was too loud and that Arabella was too spoiled. Eliza had laughed as he imitated each of them. She shared her father's thoughts.

She wasn't very close to the group as she was with James but she put up with them for James's sake. When she got dressed in her black jeans and was back to her leather jacket, she looked at herself in the mirror and was disappointed at her reflection. She was growing weaker and weaker day by day. The previous night, she had tried to move her desk a bit closer to the window but even the slightest effort made her arms ache. She pushed away all the dark thoughts that occupied her and climbed down the stairs. For a moment, she had a deja-vu as she saw her father near the stairs. She almost wished that William would show up just like the other night and tell her to take care of herself. Her father gave her a small smile.

"Take care," he said.

"Yeah," she assured him and now she wasn't very sure she was taking care of herself.

The white powdery substance that was on her palm was supposed to be sniffed in through the nose. Eliza didn't know what it would do to her but James said that it was one of the best.

"I just don't think I should take it," she put a voice to her suspicions.

"Babe," she heard James say. "You promised we will have fun."

"I'll have fun but is this necessary?" She tried to reason.

"Well, then don't take it. But remember, I'll take it and you'll have to have sex with me in that state," James smirked at her. "You said I could have you for the night."

Eliza sighed. She did say that to him. She wanted him to get out of the house but he wasn't going and so she told him that if he were gone, then she would let him have her for the night.

"I don't like the idea of this," she said but then she saw the others getting ready to sniff their share and not wanting to be left behind, she quickly brought the powder close to her nose and sniffed.

She was blinded for a moment and then the thing started to kick. She didn't know how much time had already passed but she could see James and Arabella from the corner of her eye. Arabella's party was full of people; there was screaming and shouting everywhere around her. She put her hands up to cover her ears as she tried to block the noise. She felt hot and with sweaty hands, took off her jacket.

James and Arabella were too busy dancing, screaming and shouting and Eliza wondered why she wasn't feeling the same.

She was feeling sick, like something inside her was tearing apart. Opening the jacket didn't do much good and so she pulled out of her T-shirt too. She was standing there, among the crowd, in her bra and jeans and yet she still didn't feel comfortable. Her head was pounding and she could feel her breath constricting. She was pushed back by the swarm of people and she felt someone grab her from behind. She turned around and there stood a lad whose eyes were almost closed but he was grabbing her and tucking at the buttons of her jeans. She pushed him away and he fell on the floor. She let out a small scream and then tried to find her way to a corner of the room.

She found a spot near the couch and surprisingly, the couch was free of people. She lied down, falling face-first on the soft material and let out a painful moan as her headache grew more and more. She felt so hot as if she were wearing a thousand layers of clothes in a dessert. She turned around slowly to lie on her back and then, with shaky hands, she took out her phone from her jeans. All was blurry and she squinted her eyes to look at the small screen.

Fortunately, she had her father on speed dial and she could do that without having to physically look at the screen. With hurried movements of her fingers, she dialled her Papa.

The phone rang but he wasn't picking up. She was almost about to drop the phone as her vision started to darken but then, she heard someone pick up.

Not her father but she knew that voice very well.

"Hello?" William answered from the other end of the call.

Eliza tried to speak although her dried mouth was making it difficult.

"Eliza?" William said, frantic now.

"Help...me," Eliza managed to let out.

"Where are you?" he asked.

"Arabella...house," Eliza whispered in a low, very low voice as the phone started to slip from her grip.

"I'll be there," she heard him say before the phone dropped from her grip and Eliza's vision blackened completely.

For a moment, she thought if that's what her mother felt before she died.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 277 28
"So... what about us?" he asked, and I looked at him, a bit bewildered. "What?" I inquired. "You and me... what are we, Sera? You know how you affect...
247K 11.6K 35
[2021 WATTYS SHORTLIST] A year ago, Natasha packed her bags and hopped on the first train out of her hometown in Hampshire, England, leaving behind a...
23.7K 746 37
Megan had the perfect life-a life with a loving husband, a beautiful home, her dream job, and anything she could ever want for. That is, through the...
1.7M 50.1K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...