Our Sensational Future

By chonisloves

It's been 15 years since Cheryl and Toni have graduated high school and their lives couldn't be better. Two y... More

cast descriptions
a typical day
the trouble with tayleigh
Bonus Chapter- i love you so much evabear
more kids?
the newest editions
meeting the girls
dead mother's daughter
the photo album
what the night brings
the wake
tantrums, tantrums, tantrums
suggestion page
the road trip
i just want this to last forever
the christmas spirit
what christmas means to me
terrible sister?
promises
tayleigh's birthday
"i'm happy i get to be a big brother"
i'm leaving
we do it as a family
wedding bells
goodbyes
characters
the last 3 years
the suprise!
the sorta siblings
"you'll never be alone"
one step closer to home
finally home
catching up- part one
catching up- part 2
taken
the rescue mission
recovery and aftermath
park day
"just simply because i love you"
never want to grow up
together
gotcha day!
a fun lil game
power outages and would you rather
gender reveal!
we can't change the past
bonding time
would you like to be adopted?
jealousy
keep the ones you love close
meet our 3 new kids
morning routine
new characters? middle names?
disney trip pt.1
disney trip pt.2
i made an insta account for this book!
disney trip pt.3
disney insta posts pt.1
disney insta posts pt.2
we all cry sometimes
waiting room
noah flynn jones
gifted
easter disaster
all about avani
"i'm the lucky one"
pre nationals
nationals day one pt. 1
important a/n
nationals day one pt. 2
nationals day two
fights and advice
cheryl's interview
adventures in babysitting
bruno the dog
grace's family tree
the big graduation
forever family
christmas oneshot
SUPRISE

despite everything

501 9 12
By chonisloves

A/n: yes i know this a choni book but i've been getting so many requests to talk more about varchie so that's what this whole chapter is. sorry if you don't like this but it's just something new i thought i'd try :)

veronica's pov

you know those days where you feel like nothing is going your way and you just want to redo everything?

today is one of those days.

it's a saturday morning and so far fred was late to early morning football practice, lea has asked me about 10 times if she can hang out with her friends, and vivi flipped over her entire bowl of cereal and it went everywhere.

"fred let's go. your already late." archie says and takes the keys off the side table next to the door. "i'm coming!" fred shouts and runs don the stairs with his practice bag. him and archie leave and i'm still sitting here cleaning up the mess viv made.

"mom kayla's asking me to hang out." lea says while eating her breakfast at the kitchen island. "i heard you the first 10 times lea. if you can get uncle kev or fangs to pick you up and bring you to there house that's fine but i'm not driving you. i have no time for that." i say frustratedly.

"alright i'll ask. i don't know why your being so moody." she says. "you want to know why? it's because i'm currently sitting on the floor cleaning up cheerios and milk that your sister decided to spill." i say. "ok great let's just give her up for adoption already." lea says and rolls her eyes.

"shut up you bitch." vivi screams. "vivian elizabeth do not say that." i say strictly. "you say it all the time." she argues. she's honestly not wrong. "i'm an adult." i say. it's the easiest thing i can say. "so am i." viv says. "your 5. your not even close to an adult." lea says.

i finish cleaning up the mess and throw everything in the garbage. i take her bowl away but she stops me. "what am i supposed to eat?" she asks. "you should've thought of that before you threw it on the floor." i say.

"sorry. i was mad." she says. "like always." lea mumbles. "i'm not always mad. it's only sometimes." vivi says. "if sometimes means 24/7 then yes." lea says. "your trying to get me mad on purpose!" viv says and crosses her arms. "maybe. but then it makes you look bad and me look good. it's called strategy." lea says. "your the worst big sister ever!" vivi screams and slams her hands on the table.

"hey! both of you stop it right now. your driving me insane. just stop fighting." i say. "so can i go to kayla's house." lea asks. "i said yes already." i say. "ok sweet. i'm going to get ready." lea says and goes upstairs. "your appointment is in 20 minutes viv. go get dressed. i have clothes picked out for you on your bed." i say and she goes upstairs.

we have a follow up appointment with a specialist who has been helping viv with her anger overload. she doesn't usually like going to the doctor so i'm hoping she doesn't fight me on this one.

i clean up the kitchen a little bit more and go upstairs to see if viv is done getting dress. when i walk into her room she's playing with her dollhouse on the floor. still in her pajamas.

"viv i told you to get dressed." i say. "i can't do it." she says with her eyes still glued to her dolls. "your 5 years old. you can put on your own clothes." i say. "not today." she says. "we have to be at the doctors in 15 minutes." i say and take her clothes off her bed to hand them to her.

"no! i want to stay in my pajamas!" she shouts. "you have to wear actual clothes outside. i'm not letting you go out it pajamas." i say calmly because i don't want to yell at her. she throws her doll on the floor and grabs the clothes out of my hands.

i just ignore her attitude and walk out of the room. at least she's putting on clothes. i go into my own room and get dressed and do my hair. it doesn't take that long so once i'm done i go back into vivi's room. thank god she's finally dressed.

"i cant brush my hair!" she screams and throws her hair brush on the floor. "pick it up." i say. "no!" she screams. "i understand your frustrated and angry but it's not ok to throw things." i say and she picks up the brush and hands it to me. "thank you." i say and start brushing her hair for her.

i just leave it down because we're in a rush. we go downstairs and i grab my purse and keys. we finally leave and i get her in the car. once i get in the car i text lea.

on text

v: hey is uncle kevin or fangs able to pick you up?
l: yea. did you guys just leave?
v: yea we're in the car right now.
l: is it ok if i go out the back door?
v: that's fine. can you be home by lunch though?
l: ugh i guess so
v: thanks. love you
l: love you too

off text

it only took us 10 minutes to get to the doctors office and we arrived just on time. "come on let's go." i say and open her car door. "no. i don't like it here." she says. "we're going to be late if we don't leave right now." i say and unbuckle her seat belt for her. "i'm not going." she says.

"yes you are." i say and lift her up out of the car and onto my hip. it might've been the only solution to getting her inside. i was surprised when she didn't even squirm or try to get out of my arms. she just stayed pretty content.

"hi i have an appointment for 10:30." i say to the lady at the front desk. "name please." she says. "vivian andrews." i say. "ok. you can have a seat for now. the doctor will be with you shortly." she says kindly and i sit down with viv on my lap.

"do you want to color mija?" i ask and point to the coloring books that were on the little table in the corner of the waiting room. "ok!" she says and runs over to the table. i just go on my phone and scroll through instagram while we wait.

20 minutes later

"vivian andrews." the doctor calls us into his room. we walk into his office and sit down in the chairs opposite his desk. this isn't so much a doctors office as it is a therapy office.

"hi vivi." he says and smiles. "hi." she says and smiles back at him. "so your here for a follow up visit correct?" he asks. "yes." i answer. "how are things going?" he asks. "there going ok." i say truthfully.

"since you last visited has there been any major anger meltdowns that have happened." he asks. "um nothing too serious. it's just the screaming and the occasionally hitting." i say. "ok well i'm glad to hear nothing to crazy happened." he says and laughs a little bit.

viv is not really paying attention at all. she's just looking around the room probably not caring at all what we're talking about.

"how has today been?" the doctor asks me. "honestly not the best. this morning she got upset because she didn't want to eat her breakfast so she threw it on the floor and then she got into a fight with my other daughter whose 13." i say.

"what did you do?" he asks. "i told her that she wasn't allowed to throw things on the floor." i say. "ok that's good. i have a few suggestions on how to handle some situations better." he says. "ok i would love to hear them." i say.

"so for number one i know this can be hard but you can't ignore the the tantrums. anger overload is different then just a child acting up and it shouldn't just be ignored. if you do ignore it it shows vivi that there is no one there to help her if that makes sense." he says. "ok got it. my husband tries to ignore it sometimes so i'll let him know not to do that." i say.

"ok great. next is to recognize when she is going to start her anger." he says. "i have kind of figured that out already. it's hard sometimes but i think i have it down." i say. "that's very good. if your able to catch it on time then it makes it much easier for vivian to achieve that self-control." he says and i nod.

"would distraction help?" i ask him. "definitely. it just depends on what your using. i've only known vivi for a few months but i know she's definitely not the type of child who would want to choose a quiet activity like reading or something. if you can get her outside to play or watching tv that's great." he says.

"would that count as rewarding her though?" i ask. "you have to be careful what you use it for. if you see that she's getting upset then you can use the distraction. but if she's already hit you or if she's already screamed at the top of her lungs then distraction wouldn't work for that." he says. "ohhh ok. that makes sense." i say.

"do you have any consequences in place?" he asks. "yes we do. so far we've only had to use it a few times." i say. "an important thing to remember is that you need to let her know that the consequences aren't for her anger. she's allowed to feel emotions and she needs to know that. make sure that you let her know the consequences are a result of her actions not her feelings." he says.

"i try my best with that. i think she semi understands it but not really. she blames herself a lot." i say and he nods.

"vivi can i ask you a question?" he asks. she turns her attention to him. "ok." she says. "after you get mad do you ever feel upset at yourself?" he asks. "uh huh." she says. "ok well i want you to know that it's not your fault. your allowed to be angry." he says.

"it is my fault. i'm the one doing it." she says and looks down. "no. your anger is not your fault." he says. "promise?" she asks. "i promise." he says and holds his pinky out for her. she wraps her little finger around his and i just smile.

"but if it's not my fault then why are there consequences?" she asks. "the emotion your feeling is not your fault but the way you handle it is. hitting is not an appropriate behavior so there needs to be consequences." i say and the doctor gives me a nod. "oh." is all viv says.

"can you maybe try to be a good girl for your mommy and try your very very hardest not to hit?" the doctor asks her. "ok! i'll try my best." she says and smiles. "your the best." he says and hands her a sticker. "yay!" vivi says and puts it on her hand.

"do you have anymore questions or concerns?" he asks. "nope i think thats good. thank you so much." i say. "no problem. you can set up another follow up appointment at the front desk and i'll see you then. have a great day." he says.

"ok. you too." i say. "bye vivi." he says. "bye bye." she says and waves as we leave the room. i make another appointment at the front desk and we go to the car.

"is fred gonna be home?" viv asks me. "he should be." i say. "what about daddy?" she asks. "yea he'll be home." i say. "what about lea?" she asks. "probably not but she'll be home soon. why do you ask?" i ask her. "because i want to watch a family movie." she says sweetly. "ok we can do that." i say and start the car to go home

at the andrews house

"we're home." i shout and find archie in the kitchen. vivi is already in the living room ready to watch a movie. "hey archiekins." i say and kiss him. "hi ronnie. how'd everything go?" he asks after unlocking lips with me.

"it was good. the doctor told me that we shouldn't ignore her tantrums by the way. and he gave me a bunch of advise on what to do." i say. "oh ok. i guess we can talk about that later." he says.

"hi mom." fred says after coming into the kitchen. "hey fred. how was your practice?" i ask him. "it was good. pretty fun actually." he says. "that good to hear." i say. "where's vivi?" he asks. "in the living room. she wants to watch a family movie." i say.

"her definition of a family movie is a silly cartoon." fred says. "she was actually pretty anxious to see you. can you at least be a little nice to her?" i ask. "she was eager to see me?" he asks in shock. "yea she asked if you were going to be home and everything." i say.

"aw that's sweet." archie says. "ok maybe i'll be a little nicer." fred says.

"i'm home." i hear lea say and she walks into the kitchen. "hey. how was kang's house? archie asks. "it was a lot of fun. me and kayla were playing just dance with layla and then gianna joined us too." lea says. "wow that sounds like a lot of fun." i laugh. "it was. did vivi's appointment go well?" she asks.

"yea it was fine. she's waiting to see both of you guys. she wants to watch a family movie." i say. "oh ok." lea says. "we'll go inside and help her pick a movie." fred says and they both go to the living room.

"ooo do we have popcorn?" archie asks excitedly. "your such a dork. and yea we do there's some in the cabinet." i say. "i might be a dork but i'm your dork." he smiles. "yea your right." i say and smile back. once the popcorn is done we go into the living to find toy story 4 playing on the tv.

vivi is sitting on fred's lap and lea is leaning against both of them. this scene right before my eyes was perfect.

despite all the fighting, screaming, and latenesses, i couldn't ask for a better family.

A/n: did you guys like this chapter?

hopefully this helped you guys understand more about vivi's anger and stuff like that

Instas:
@CherylBombshell

juniper being the best big sister to cora ❤️
comments:
@juniper_cooper_blossom- this is so cute
@dagwood.cooperblossom- and i'm the best big brother to cora :)
@betty1cooper- she's the best big sister
@ronnie.lodge- too cute
@tiny.topaz- ahhhh
@kevin.the.gay- aww
@sweet_pea- so adorable

@Archie.Andrews

my princess, i love you 🥰
comments:
@ronnie.lodge- photo creds to me. literally the cutest little bean
@cherylbombshell- i want her!!!
@tiny.topaz- munchkin
@lea.andrews- shes a pain but really fricken cute
@fangs.fogarty- i love her
@fred.andrews- aw
@jughead.jones- ok adorable
@betty1cooper- her face i cant
@katie.fisher- i cant handle the cuteness

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 346 45
"Someone! P-Please! Help, I'm in labor-ah!" Betty Smith barges into a bar, owned by the south side serpents. She's 19 and in labor, she needs help, a...
1.9K 95 26
A family returns to Riverdale after thirteen years. What was their reason for moving back home? Was Riverdale worth returning home to?
15.4K 80 38
Life changes within a blink. We don't even realize the consequences of time passing. After seven years the former core-four has to face their past mi...
39.8K 638 14
Jughead and Betty are best friends. They each know each other's weakness and darkness, but their feelings change for the weird when high school start...