DDLC: Element Guardians! (Say...

By AppleJuice7227

(PS. Awesome cover made by JustAFriendlyChild!) If getting into a school will show you your life's potential... More

Chapter One: Running To Leave
Chapter Two: Lucky?
Chapter Three: Getting Ready
Chapter Four: Promise Me A Good Goodbye
Chapter Five: When Trains Backtrack
Chapter Six: A Dangerous Welcome
Chapter Seven: Move To Start
Chapter Eight: On The Inside
Chapter Nine: A New Chapter
Chapter Ten: Walking In Blind
Chapter Twelve: Your Inner Magic
Chapter Thirteen: Changing Lights And Perspectives
Chapter Fourteen: Starting Off The Day
Chapter Fifteen: Starting With People You Hate, And People You Don't
Chapter Sixteen: How To Make A Storm
Chapter Seventeen: Chaos
Chapter Eighteen: Switching Levels Of Listening
Chapter Nineteen: New Experience
Chapter Twenty: Who We Are
Chapter Twenty-One: Information And Revenge Are Both Sweet
Chapter Twenty-Two: Talking
Chapter Twenty-Three: Something Smells Fishy
Chapter Twenty-Four: First Test
Chapter Twenty-Five: Running In Pain
Chapter Twenty-Six: Natural Born Leader
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Running With Or Away From It
Chapter Twenty-Eight: New Tactics
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Egg Trust Maze
Chapter Thirty: Flickering Sparks Of Fire
Chapter Thirty-One: Dreaming
Chapter Thirty-Two: Making Facts Bigger
Chapter Thirty-Three: Changing, For The Better..?
Chapter Thirty-Four: Taking A Breather
Chapter Thirty-Five: EcoLocation
Chapter Thrity-Six: Getting Our Books Back
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Feathered Wings Of Jealously
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Trying To Be Different
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Instincts
Chapter Forty: Carnivore
Chapter Forty-One: Getting It Back Only To Hide It
Chapter Forty-Two: Second Tries
Chapter Forty-Three: ReStart
Chapter Forty-Four: Schedule Addition
Chapter Forty-Five: The Boys and M
Chapter Forty-Six: The Rest Of The Day
Chapter Forty-Seven: Great Power Comes With Evil
Chapter Forty-Eight: See What We See?
Chapter Forty-Nine: Doki-Doki
Chapter Fifty: Epilogue
A/N and Tags!

Chapter Eleven: Don't Be Late For Secrets

724 34 98
By AppleJuice7227

I sigh in frustration, turning away from the woman in the painting. It doesn't matter. I'll find stuff about her later.

I find myself making my way towards Sayori, who when senses me coming, looks up at me with large blue eyes and flashes a smile.

"Hey Monika! What's up?" She asked.

I sit down next to her. "I have so many questions.."

Sayori giggles. "Me too. I wonder if Mrs. Lilia can answer them."

"Something tells me she might not be able to." I answer, sighing in defeat. "So much is happening so fast.."

"I know what you mean.." Sayori shows me a weak smile, clearly tired. I wonder what time it is?

"Hey, do you know what time it is?" I ask, looking around for a clock.

"Nope. Why?" Sayori titled her head, a habit she did when she was confused. Like a small puppy.. Why do I find that cute?

"We might need to meet at the cafeteria now, remember?"

Her face is blank before she widens her eyes and sits up. "Ohh! Yeah! I nearly forgot!" She then jumps up to a stand, making me stand up with her. "Let's go get the others!"

We meet up with Natsuki, who is still looking at some papers on a desk.

"Hey Nat!" Sayori exclaims, resting both hands on the smaller girls shoulder while using her nickname.

Natsuki jumped in surprise and spun around to face us. "Sayori! Geez, you scared me. And what have I told you about using that nickname!"

"Aww.." Sayori whined. "But it's cute! Like you!"

"Ow!" The red bowed girl yelps as Natsuki punches her in the arm, her face portraying annoyance.

"Shut up!" She growled.

"A-Anyways..!" I quickly attempt to break the small fight. "What were you doing?" I ask.

Natsuki seems to have calmed down and shrugs. "Found some sheets paper. The writhing and format makes it look like a bunch of stories or notes, but the written language is like a secret code." She explains, holding up one of the many wrinkled papers.

The writhing looked like a bunch of strange symbols, some numbers and letter mixed into one.

She placed it back on the desk with a sigh. "Whatever. Anyway, what did you guys need?"

"We were thinking of heading out now." I explain. I have to pause my reasoning as for a split second, Natsuki's face frowned in disappointment. "We don't want to be late for the meeting in the cafeteria."

The pinkette crosses her arms and huffs, "Fine. Whatever. Let's go get Yuri."

"I'm here." Yuri's voice speaks up from behind me, nearly making me jump. "We're leaving?"

"Yeah." I turned to face her and nodded. "On the way out, we can ask Mrs. Lilia about this."

The four of us begin walking out of the room, the door was still left open. As we walked out, the lights in the room quickly flickered off, giving me slight chills.

I close the door quickly while Sayori makes her way to the pulled out book, soon pushing it back to stand straight up, and closing the bookshelf's so they stand beside each other and hide the door.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Natsuki asked. "Telling Mrs. Lilia?"

Sayori bounces up next to me, matching my pace. "I don't see why not, she's really nice!"

Before we could discuss this more, a familiar male voice spoke on the speaker, the voice of the man with young, black hair. "Could all new students of 2020 please make sure that they are in the cafeteria, we will be starting soon. Again, all new students of 2020, make your way to the cafeteria. Thank you."

"Crap!" Natsuki hissed. "We're gonna be late!"

On cue, all four of us broke out into a sprint, a feeling that was all too refreshing for me. We soon made it to the front of the library heading towards the doors.

Mrs. Lilia's voice called out to us. "Good luck, and have fun!"

I saw Sayori skip around to face Mrs. Lilia and wave while running backwards. "Thank you! We'll come visit again!"

She turned back around as I ran through the double doors, thrusting my arms out to push the doors open, and running out into the hallway.

I haven't run with the four in a long time. Even in this long, boring hallway, it felt nice. Sayori and Natsuki always still stayed neck-and-neck in races, and they still are, while Yuri is still surprisingly fast. And she's going to catch up to me if I don't hurry up!

I find myself quickening my pace, and having to run down stairs at this speed nearly made me trip.

Woah! Calm down, this isn't a race!

Or.. Is it?

Once I got to flat land, I redeemed my speed from before and continued running down the hallway, now focusing on my breathing, footsteps, arm swings.

"Monika, turn to your right." Yuri said, her voice louder than the sound of running.

The right.. I'm the closest to the wall, which means I'm on the inside. Shoot. I'll have to run faster to make sure she doesn't pass me.

I turn and angle my body to the right, quickening my pace and trying to make sure I don't stop and lose balance. I don't, and Yuri is still slightly behind me.

But she's not behind far enough..!

I try to quicken my pace. Why can't I go any faster? The two double doors with the golden words, CAFETERIA come into view.

This is your end. Goal. Go faster.

Run. Run. Run faster. Run faster. Faster. Faster. Faster. Faster.
Don't let them beat you.

My arms in front of me, I run into the doors, letting them open and swing behind me. Bang!

The cafeteria is large, dim lighting, and dark tables with red, long couches for seats. It was high class, fancy. Students of the same age as I, male and female all turned their attention to the loud commotion I made.

People were watching.. So it was a race! And I won. I'm going to get to our table first.

The talking slowly returns back to normal as I trot down the isle, passing a large group of kids to sit at a empty table behind them. The table was big, then again, all of them were.

I slid down the seat to sit by the wall, smiling as Yuri walked over to me, followed by Natsuki and Sayori who stumbled to catch up. Both panting.

Yuri sat down across from me, Natsuki next to her, and Sayori say next to me. Like on the train.

Sayori, our of breath, laid her head in the table, panting. "Why.. Why did you have to run so.. Fast?"

Natsuki leaned back in the seat, also breathing heavily. "I dunno.. Ask Monika.."

I glance at them in confusion. "What.. What do you guys mean?" I steady my breathing. "It was a race, was it not?"

Natsuki uses her strength to glare at me and groan in annoyance, as Sayori sighs, her head still in the table.

Yuri, who was in front of me smiled softly. "You were just being overly competitive. We just wanted to make it here in time."

"Again!" Natsuki growls. "Like, I don't get how you can always make everything a competition!"

"So.. It wasn't a race?" I ask again, looking around the table.

Natsuki once again groaned, letting Yuri laugh quietly while Sayori raised her head, giggling.

The coral pink haired girl giggled at me. "Oh Moni.. What shall we ever do with you?"

"Hey, any free spots?"

A male voice snaps us out of our joking. Beside our table is four boys.

The front one who asked the question had short, dirty blond, and slightly wavy hair that was combed to the side, and bright blue eyes. He was wearing a tight white tee-shirt that is so small for him it is slightly creased against his muscles.

The second boy to his right was shorter than him, his hair shorter and brighter blond with bright gold eyes that scanned each of us at the table. He wore a red shirt with a black jacket and a backwards baseball cap.

On the other side was a boy almost as tall as the first one, his brown hair slightly thicker and longer than the other two. His eyes were matching brown, and he wore a back tee-shirt with blue jeans.

The last boy that was behind them was tall with jet black hair and black eyes. He was wearing a grey hoodie, his hands in his pockets.

There was more than enough room on each sofa for the boys to sit with us. I nod, slightly startled at the sudden appearance.

"Sure, take a seat!" I smile warmly, the boys nodding in agreement and thanking us as they split up in two and sat down.

"Thanks," The first dirty blond boy said. "I'm Oliver, next to me (The brown haired boy,) is Adrien,"

Adrien waved. "Heya."

Oliver continued, "The blond hair is Ace,"

Ace rolled his golden eyes and smirked. "Hey."

"And the quiet one is Jess." Oliver finished. Jess was indeed quiet, and just gave a small wave and glance.

My smile stays on me as I nod. "It's nice to meet you!" I introduce myself and my friends, who give their vary of greetings.

We didn't get to have much conversation, as the two men in the front of room speaking into microphones for our attention, both the same men who showed us around.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you will, please quiet down." The older man says. The room begins to shimmer down, a few whispers before the room is dead silent.

"As you know, this school is very special. You, the best of the best were able to get in because we saw something in you." The older man continued. "But in order to learn here, you must be able to practice what you are taught."

The younger man picked up from where the elder finished. "Some humans have a simple blood type, that is not like the others. That is because they share blood with witches and mages."

Gasps and whispers spread through the dinning room. I glance at Sayori, who looks at me back with confused, blue eyes.

"Don't mages and witches use magic?" Natsuki asked quietly.

"Yeah," Adrien nods. "They do. But they don't exist, right?"

Once some of the talking slowed down, the younger man continued. "We've only taken the best of the best half human and half magical witches to join us."

"Each one of you," The older man said, a small smirk on his face that was hardly noticeable, "Are able to do things that other humans cannot. Pure magic."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 184 19
"๐“๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“˜'๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฐ๐“ธ๐“ฝ, ๐“น๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“น๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ด๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ช ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฝ, ๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“˜'๐“ถ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ด ๐“˜'๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฐ๐“ธ๐“ฝ...
202K 5.3K 36
(WARNINGโš ๏ธ: I was so young when I wrote this! I was also rather new to Wattpad, but I enjoyed reading, so I had decided to make my own story. I have...
11.9K 186 26
You have known Sayori for years. She's your most cherished friend, and you know each other so well. You've always loved her since day one, but didn't...
110 0 15
Best friends with Sayori since the day you entered first grade, of course you'd be the first person she invites to the literature club, and thus mark...