The Gray Family: Legacies✔️(W...

Od angel48183

The Gray Family has dealt with a lot through different generations throughout the years. They encountered som... Více

Legacies
Changes
Starting over
The next day
Help
Girl's night
New partner
Sweet dreams
Guess who?
Apple orchard shenanigans
Guilt
Nixon to the rescue
A new normal
It's a college thing
Expect the unexpected
It's all relative
The Gray Brothers and The Gray Sisters
Back at it again
Ice cream
A blast from the past
Lucille
Crazy doesn't even cover it
Halloween festival
It's a brother thing
Help from the Gray Brothers
A crazy date
Testing
Let's talk about sex
Listen, crazy-ass
Dinner with the Chief aka Dad
You have crazy, then there's Kaylee
The quints face-off
It's beginning to look lot likes Christmas
A Gray style Christmas
Returning to school
Revisiting the past
The day after
All hell breaks loose
Aftermath
Fight
Miscommunication
Meet the new employee
A romantic Valentine's Day
Brother time
Spring break
Spring break fun
Resolution
Graduation
Happy anniversary, Patty and Nate
A letter to the readers

Hanging out with the brothers

2.3K 114 25
Od angel48183

Presley

My brothers decided that I needed a night out with them, minus their significant others. We went to a place to shoot darts and hangout. The five of us walked into the area and found a booth to sit. We ordered something to drink as Payton paid for some games of darts.

"Come on, Presley. You and I are first," Payton said.

I got up and walked over to the line on the floor. Payton handed me darts. I threw them. We traded off with the darts while my other brothers played pool.

"So, who's the girl you were arguing with at the apple orchard?" Payton asked me.

I walked over and pulled the darts out of the board. "That's my new partner, Kaylee," I said. I took my position and threw each dart.

"She seems nice," Payton mentioned, walking over to the dartboard.

"I know what you're thinking, and the answer is no," I told Payton.

Payton walked back over to me. "Who says I'm thinking anything?" Payton asked.

"I know you. You figure if you get me to talk about Kaylee, sparks will fly. That's not happening," I answered.

Payton threw the darts. "I never said that. I was curious," Payton said.

"Yeah, well, your curiosity can stay far away from me," I replied, throwing darts.

We played a few games of darts; then I went to get something to drink. I stood at the bar as I heard someone say, "Look what the cat dragged in."

I looked at Kaylee, who smiled.

"I didn't take you for having fun, Mr. Downer," Kaylee teased, then making a scowl.

"I'm hanging out with my brothers, who thought we needed to bond," I mentioned.

Kaylee turned and saw my brothers. "Oh, yeah, the apple tree boys. Did they learn their lesson to stay out of trees?" Kaylee asked me.

"That is doubtful. Have you met my brothers? All of them have issues," I mentioned.

"What about you? Do you have issues?" Kaylee questioned.

"Only with dating, excuse me," I said, taking my drink to the table.

Kaylee

Presley seemed guarded. I don't think the guy knew how to have fun. Dad thinks he's a screwup, but with every call that we had, Presley stayed professional. I got my drink and went to the table.

"Hey, Hayes. What took you so long?" Martinez asked.

"I ran into Presley," I mentioned.

"Did you ask him out?" Miller questioned.

"It's not like that. We're partners. Plus, Presley avoids a conversation with me like the plague," I answered.

"Girl, you like him," Hathaway teased.

I glanced at Presley, who threw darts with his brother. Then I looked at the other paramedics.

"We're partners," I implied.

"That's what they all say, but Gray has a reputation with the ladies," Martinez mentioned, drinking his beer.

I glanced again and thought about what Martinez said. Everyone is telling me these things about Presley, but I didn't see it. I doubt that I would.

Presley

I saw Kaylee with Martinez, Miller, and Hathaway. Great, I didn't need gossip, and they were the worst at the station. It's bad enough that my brothers are hounding me about Kaylee.

Parker traded spots with me and walked over to the pool table where Pax and Pat were. They were shooting pool as I stood there. I didn't even know why I was here.

"Ha! You lose, sucker!" Pat yelled as Pax rolled his eyes. "Your turn, Pres. I'm getting a drink," Pat mentioned, handing me the cue stick.

Great, Pax and I fought more than we talked. I stood there as Pax racked the pool balls, then he lined up a shot. I watched him break and said nothing.

"You know, you can talk to me," Pax mentioned as he hit the balls, landing one in a pocket.

"We don't talk. We say stupid shit and fight," I mentioned as Pax missed a shot. I walked over and lined up a shot.

"Maybe we can change that," Pax mentioned as I sunk a ball into the side pocket.

"Then what? We stand around, holding hands, and sing kumbaya?" I questioned.

"No, but nothing says that we can't talk," Pax replied while shrugging.

"Everyone wants to talk and make sure I'm not losing it. People want to make sure Presley doesn't crack up. Well, the woman I love is dead, and I will die alone," I said, sinking a ball into a corner pocket.

"Presley," Pax said.

I stood up and looked at Pax. "What do you want me to say? That I hate this. There, I said it. I hate feeling like this. I hate that I have these weird-ass nightmares. I hate that Eliza ran into that building when they told her no. I hate that the girl who I loved didn't listen. Now I get to live with it," I yelled, making everyone stop.

Pax looked at me.

"And worst of all, I hate myself for hating Eliza," I said, tossing the pool stick on the pool table and leaving.

I left the place and walked home. Grief sucks because you can't do anything with the feeling. People get angry with your behavior, but you can't control it. You're drowning in a sea of emotions, and no one can help you. It sucks.

I got back to the house and walked in to see Selena reading a book. She looked at me.

"If my brothers ask, I went to bed," I said, walking past her.

Selena looked at me with concern. I went up to my bedroom and changed my clothes. Then I laid down, staring at the ceiling. How do you stop loving someone when your heart aches for them all the damn time?

You want to hate them, but you can't. You want to forget, but it lingers. Nothing you say or do helps you. All you can do is struggle.

Parker

We left the pool hall and went home. We came in, and Selena handed me some bullshit story that Presley's tired. I didn't blame her because my brother is a twit. Does he not know us? This kid is the same person who ran from some girl's house on Valentine's Day.

I went upstairs alone and went to Presley's bedroom. I opened the door to hear sniffling. It's one of the few times I listened to my brother cry since Eliza's death. Most of the time, he cried when he had a nightmare. He wasn't sleeping.

I walked over and sat down on the side of the bed. I took Presley's hand in mine and held it as Presley squeezed. Our brother was drowning and needed help. I needed to make a call that I didn't want, but I knew the person would help.

Nixon

My phone rang, waking me up. I answered it when I noticed who was calling me.

"Park? Is everything okay? You're attending your meetings, right?" I asked, wiping the sleep from my eyes.

Yeah, but I need your help.

"Is it Shaun? Is Kaxon okay?" I questioned.

They're okay, but my brother isn't.

"Okay, let me call big brother, and we'll come up there," I said, yawning.

Parker hung up, and I called Nash.

Nix, do you know what time it is?

"No, because I'm not looking at my phone, tool," I retorted, shaking my head. My brother can be so dense. I wonder why people love Nash because I'm sure he fell down the stupid tree, hitting every freaking branch on the way down.

This better to be good.

"Save your attitude, old man. Your kin is in trouble. Well, my kin too, but I got roped into helping mini-Nash's offspring," I remarked.

Presley. I heard Nash sigh.

"I will pick you up in ten minutes. Don't tell Ma or Dad," I warned.

They're sleeping along with everyone else, so no worries there.

I rolled my eyes and hung up. Kat lifted her head and glared at me.

"Kitty Kat, you go back to sleep. I have work to do," I said.

"Nix, you look terrible in tights," Kat mentioned.

"That was one time, and we shall never speak of it again. Do you hear me, woman?" I growled.

Kat laughed, then rolled over and went back to sleep. Yeah, you don't ask about the tights. It wasn't fun or pretty, and I got stuck. I dressed, grabbed a hoodie and my keys, then left. Why does everyone feel the need to call me when there's a crisis? Why can't they call Nolan or Nathan? Scratch that, because my brothers screw things up, including Nash. Noah goes along with the ride, so he's just as bad.

I drove over to Nash's house and ended up with two passengers. Mini Nash joined us. They got into the car, and I looked at Nash.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because it's Lex's boy. What do you mean, why? Are you some kind of special?" Nash questioned me.

"Do you want me to drop you in BFE?" I asked.

"Do you know I can still beat your ass?" Nash questioned with a look.

We heard snoring and turned to see Lex asleep in the backseat.

"Out of your kids, this one doesn't faze me," I mentioned.

"Lex likes his sleep. He would crawl into bed with Mags and me," Nash said.

"Because he had separation issues with you, unlike my boys who have no issue flying the nest," I remarked.

"Because you're their father," Nash commented, smirking.

"No need to remind me of that," I retorted as I drove up to the college. Parker owes me a bed. I need my beauty sleep and coffee. I figure we would crash at Kaiden's place, then surprise the demon children. I'm sure they will love our visit.

We arrived at Kaiden's house, and I pounded on the door. Kaiden opened it half asleep.

"Dad? It's two in the morning," Kaiden yawned.

"Yeah, and I need a bed. I have work with this yahoo's kid tomorrow," I said, thumbing at Lex, who walked past me into Kaiden's house. Kaiden waved us in, and we entered. Tomorrow will be fun.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

180K 7.6K 46
You read about Lucille and Grayson, Nate and Pat, and Nash and Maggie, then Lex and Piper. Now you'll read about Lex and Piper's five rambunctious bo...
48.1K 2.8K 30
The Harper cousins thought they had life figured out until they became fathers to rambunctious boys. Matt, Markus, and Mason find out that fatherhood...
59.4K 3.4K 45
Oliver Harper is a unique person. He doesn't care about frivolous ideas and doesn't need someone in his life to complete him. Instead, he prefers a c...
408K 12.7K 31
Maggie has had to learn how to deal with the Gray Brothers regularly. Should it be easy peasy, right? Wrong. She has already met the infamous Gray...