YOU โ†  JO MARCH

Oleh -saoirses

( ๐˜๐Ž๐” ) Penelope Brooks was not a stranger to being in love, men chasing after her heart like it was a gam... Lebih Banyak

( YOU )
001. AT A GLANCE
002. CHRISTMAS MORNING
004. DETECTIVE BROOKS
005. THEODORE LAURENCE
006. PENNYS ARE FOREVER
007. BLEAK MORNINGS
008. A HEART'S FIRST
009. A WELL-DESERVED APOLOGY
010. THEATRICS
011. A SMALL FLUTTER
012. LUST IS NOT LOVE
013. PARTING IS SUCH SWEET SORROW
014. A SWEET DESIRE
015. FOOLISH ACTIONS
016. UNWANTED SOLITUDE
017. A ROSE BETWEEN
018. A WEDDING
019. WASHINGTON IS CALLING
act two.
020. HOME STAYS
021. SCARLET
022. A PROLONGED RETURN

003. AN EDUCATED LADY

4.8K 277 243
Oleh -saoirses

AN EDUCATED LADY
YOU

AN EDUCATED LADY is a proper lady, Ethel would constantly preach. Women were now lucky enough to be allowed to attend school, the Brooks family made sure that their children simply had the best education possible. Penelope adored being homeschooled, the serenity of being in her own home learning, helped her excel... Martha, not so much.

Martha Brooks wanted, no... needed more stimulation, she always needed more. So Ethel and Tobias finally decided to allow Martha to attend school. After kicking and screaming her way out of their family carriage because she 'didn't want to seem like a brat', Penelope opted to walk her to school.

"You're not going to be able to run amuck as you used to at home, this is serious Martha," Penelope told her, "Some teachers are extremely strict, Mary Hickens from across the street was hit by her teacher.

"Hit?!" Martha looked up at her older sister, eyes wide in shock, "I don't want to be hit, take me home!"

"Martha, you argued with Mother and Father for so long, I am not taking you home. You're going" Penelope scolded.

"Penelope, I don't want to get hit! I want to go back home where Mr Davis can teach me-" Penelope rolled her eyes, doing her best to drown out her sister's whining. Another conversation filling her ears as the snow fell.

"We're a bunch of ungrateful minxes!" A voice exclaimed.

"Don't use such dreadful expressions!" Another scolded.

"I like good strong words that mean something," The first voice fought back. Penelope knew that voice. She turned to her right to see Jo March, walking with Meg and two other young girls. A smile broke out on her face.

"Oh be quiet Martha!" Penelope shouted at her sister who was still rambling on. "Jo!" She called, dragging Martha with her as she ran over to the four girls. Jo looked over, noticing Penelope.

"Penny?!" Jo broke her hold with Beth and Meg. Penelope went to curtsey at Jo, a prominent smirk on her face.

"Oh, none of that, thank you" Jo pulled upwards, a serious look on her face. The two girls continued to catch up, both of their sisters standing and watching their exchange play out. The March sisters had never seen Jo get along with another girl that wasn't them. Martha was shocked to see the Jo March from the dance, she hadn't forgotten how she spoke Penelope.

"What's with the fancy dress?" Jo took notice of Penny's olive green gown.

"Oh well, it was a present and I thought I would take her out for a spin," Penny twirled slightly, "Do you like it?" She smiled.

"Not really," Jo shrugged, Penny getting knocked out of her trance. "These are my sisters, Meg, Beth and Amy"

"Do any of you go to school?" Martha chimed in, pushing her way in between Penny and Jo.

"Amy does," Jo said before anyone else could.

"Do they hit you? I don't want to get hit" Martha rambled once more.

"That is Martha," Penny looked up at Jo, "My sister,"

"Penelope said that you were rude to her when you first met," Martha spoke, looking at Jo.

"Martha!" Penelope shoved her slightly, "I did not-"

"I was, she's right" Jo looked down at Martha, not caring.

"But she said that she didn't mind because you were charmed," Martha misquoted.

"Charming?" Meg asked, leaning forwards slightly.

"Yes! Charming," Martha smiled at Meg, nodding over at Jo.

"And this is why you need to go to school," Penelope rolled her eyes.

"Amy can take her," Jo pulled Amy forwards, "We usually split off this way anyway,"

"Are you sure? I don't want to impose-" Penelope looked at Amy, but Martha cut her off.

"She can take me," Martha tried to link arms with Amy, the height difference making it difficult. "Did you know that you look like a princess?" Martha began. Penelope sighed knowing she would talk Amy's ear off the whole way to school.

"In one of Jo's plays I look like a princess!" Amy chimed, "I painted my shoes so that they were blue and-" Amy's voice faded out. Maybe they would be okay together.

"Do you attend school?" Meg asked Penelope.

"I'm homeschooled, I love it... Martha did not" Penelope explained, "How is your ankle, Meg?"

Meg was extremely flattered that she remembered not only her name but also about her ankle.

"It is feeling much better, thank you Penelope" Meg smiled, "Well I'd better go, I'll be late" Meg bid Penelope and her sisters' goodbye.

"Okay, well I have to do the shopping now... all by myself" Beth looked at Jo with pleading eyes.

"Beth you know I can't go with you," Jo argued, "After your shopping, I need you to work your way through the new sums and spelling and I'll check it all when I get home" Jo hugged her, Beth walked away with a huff.

"You teach?" Penelope asked, the two of them starting to make their way down the main street together, feet sinking into the cold snow with every step.

"I do," Jo smiled, "I adore it, I want to be the most famous writer ever," Jo said casually, a self-assured nod following in suit.

"Ever?" Penny asked.

"Uh-huh," She nodded once more, "And I'll do it, I know I will"

"Extremely ambitious," Penny smiled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jo shoved Penny. She fell to the ground, her behind coated in thick snow.

Penelope laughed, brushing the snow off of her brand new dress. "It means," Penelope got up, a handful of snow discreetly in her hold, "That you're a dreamer" She threw it, pelting Jo in the shoulder. "I admire that," The two girls kicked snow at each other, laughter exchanged. Jo hadn't been able to remember the last time she was enjoying herself this much.

The strike of the nine o'clock bell sounded out throughout the main street. It was as if a lightbulb went off inside of Jo's head.

"I have to go," She began to walk away, "I have to go read to my wicked old Aunt" Jo kicked a pile of snow up at Penelope once more.

"Have the grandest time," Penelope waved, a grin on her face. End every exchange, even one better than another, with a smile. Ethel's voice sounded off throughout Penelope's head. This smile wasn't forced, it was real.

"Meet me tonight," Jo called, "I want to show you something!"

"Where?" Penelope chuckled, running her fingers through her loose curls.

"My house!" Jo called, turning around- making her way to Aunt March's house.

"Where is that?" Penelope's voice decreased in volume, knowing that Jo wouldn't have been able to hear her, no matter how loud she was.

It was settled, she would meet Jo tonight.

( TAG-LIST )
silverfalcons, jbassettt, mannequinn25, georgesmlths, neplutos, softlyiridescent, -icyblood + rxvenclxaws

if you would like to be added to the tag-list, comment here

if you would like to be removed from the tag-list, comment here

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

215K 4.5K 41
โ˜พโ˜€๏ธŽ๏ธŽโ˜ฝโค๏ธŽ ๐š—๐š’๐šŒ๐š”๐š—๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ๐šœ ๊ง‚โ˜•๏ธŽ๏ธŽโœ๏ธŽ๏ธŽโฆ Marilyn March is the middle sister of the March family. Everyone likes her, but often forgotten as most middle ch...
80.2K 2K 27
And you know what the poets said. If the love is real, it always finds a way. Evagangaline Colby-Beauxbateons. The duchess of France. Theodore "Laur...
34.1K 1.2K 25
When Adeline found herself in the world of the Little Women, she is concerned with three questions; how did she get here, how is this happening, and...
920 47 7
"I will never understand why you hideaway, for it's you that I never want to hide from." Monica Elwein sees herself as second to Jo March. Despite t...