Who Cares about that damn sto...

By tmazumder05

Poor Sadie Chesire! If it wasn't enough for her to play the role of the real daughter of the monster Duke and... More

Chapter One: Let's Find The One Who Destroyed My Life
Chapter Two: So Who is the Real Author?
Chapter Three: The Real Story
Chapter Four: Things aren't Bright (1)
Chapter Five: Transmigrated?!
Chapter Six: Unnatural
Chapter Seven: It Looks Fake

Chapter Eight: Downtown Agreement

281 20 3
By tmazumder05

Today was the day they were going to visit the Town that Lotti was always talking about.

"Isn't this a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity?! To go visit the outside world from our boring-old Orphanage?"

"Yeah sure," Sadie mumbled digging back into her blanket. "You can go. I'm staying."

"You fool. I heard that there is a good patisserie there that can make good desserts and tea-time snacks!"

Sadie quickly woke up from her bed and yelled, "What are you waiting for, let's go!"

'Where there is food and fun, there is me!'

***

It was a field trip to visit the nearby towns, which happens every three-five months. It was a good facility for a small Orphanage to get used to the outside world. Sadie never had seen a pretty good Orphanage that offers such a good facility.

'Maybe the Orphanage isn't this bad.'

The town was huge and busy, filled with people bustling around the streets and having their tasks. The weather was also warm and humid, making it more enjoyable than the gloomy lonely countryside.

There was music that made people dance, it was quite lively.

The town was called Karliage, which was a port harbor near the large river.

The name sounded quite familiar to Sadie, she was sworn to hear it somewhere in the novel. Did it have to do with someone in the novel? Sadie couldn't quite remember, however, she felt it ring in her head.

As the Head Madam of the Orphanage gave a long speech about the Town's bountiful history, Sadie's eyes were on scouting for the best patisserie shop that Lotti had mentioned. Her heart was pacing because of all the delights she would get to taste.

"If you're looking for the patisserie, you can't run without me." Lotti jabbed Sadie at her side. "I'm going there with you."

"Yeah. Yeah. Mom. We'll go together, okay?" Sadie rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"Besides, I know where it is," Lotti said. "As soon as the Madam is busy, we'll quickly run and get the pastry and come back."

Maybe it wasn't that bad to have a partner. If something bad happens, Sadie will throw her under the bus.

However, it wasn't long until they were wandering out alone in the busy streets, both of them looked out of place, like young lost girls. As they walked around, they found themselves walking in circles.

"We are lost, aren't we? Just admit it." Sadie said angrily. 

***

IT WASN'T LONG UNTIL they were wandering out alone in the busy streets, both of them looked out of place, like young lost girls. As they walked around, they found themselves walking in circles.

And Sadie knew from her gut instincts, they were lost. And she put all of the blame on her ignorant annoying partner, Lotti.

"We are lost, aren't we? Just admit it." Sadie glared at Lotti.

"We aren't lost, you just had to make me lose track of thoughts," Lotti said crossing her hands to look back at her.

'This-!'

"Oh, I'm sorry," Sadie rolled her eyes, "It seems that my enthusiasm for eating desserts stopped you from functioning."

"I did. Now shut up." Lotti said back. Both of the girls wandered around mindlessly alone for minutes that seemed like hours. Seriously-! What a terrible work partner, not only was Sadie lost and all alone without a single guardian, but she was also going to be sleeping in the streets.

"Ugh. Why did I have to come with you?" Sadie groaned. She went from going to an Orphan to a Beggar. It won't be long until she is starved to death following both her and Lotti's antics. Just why did she follow a teenager's crazy antic?

"We should probably ask someone for directions," Lotti said.  

"Amazing." Sadie sarcastically responded, staring at the abandoned empty street. "Hmm... there sure are a lot of people roaming around her that could give us great directions." 

"Okay, this is where you need to shut up," Lotti said.  

"Fine. Just do something that will get us home." Sadie replied, sneering. "Or, I'll do it myself." 

Lotti started walking ahead of Sadie, taking the initiative to look for humans to ask for directions. The alleyway they were walking through got even darker, and shadier than the livelier part of town they were visiting.

This somehow looked like a familiar scene to Sadie, like when she was looking for the author back in her previous life. 

Seeing this made her realize her love of Google Maps and technology. 

Walking like this for quite a while made Sadie even more frustrated, however, kept her mouth shut, trying to trace back her path back if anything went wrong. Suddenly voices were heard on the other side of the alley. 

"...You damn bastard-! This is not why I gave it to you!" A rugged voice yelled.

"What am I supposed to do with it, then?!" Another voice snapped back angrily. 

A sound of a bottle being thrown on the ground was heard. It felt like everything turned violent on the other side of the street. 

Sadie quickly tightly gripped Lotti's hands when she heard the voices. It didn't seem like these voices were quite friendly or welcoming. She would rather beg on the streets than deal with these crazy psychopaths. 

"We aren't supposed to be in this crazy part of the town!"  Sadie quietly murmured, "Let's get out of here! Fast!" 

They quickly ran out of the streets in fear of their lives and were shocked by the experience. To Sadie, it wasn't new as she had seen crazy people growing up. But for a sheltered girl like Lotti, it was one hell of a mind opener. 

"Why the hell were they throwing things around?!" Lotti asked frantically. 

"They were probably some thugs or troublemakers in the Downtown part of Karliage. We shouldn't get involved and stay out of this crazy place." Sadie said calmly, crossing her hands. "Our first priority is to find our way back to the Head Madam so that we can sleep in a bed, that is under a roof." 

"This girl!" Lotti snapped, "What is it with you and a bed?!" 

"Everything!" Sadie yelled back. "We are already Orphans! We should be happy we can stay in an Orphanage properly!"  

"You-!" 

"What me?! Because of your crazy antics, we got ourselves to be sleeping in the streets tonight! If the Head Madam and the rest of the others leave the town without us, where do we go without a single penny in our pockets?! We have to start begging!" 

"Fine, I'm sorry!" Lotti sighed angrily and ran her hand through her rugged upbraided blonde hair. "I'll find a way out." 

"You don't need to. I already know you have a terrible sense of direction." Sadie sarcastically sneered. "We have been already circling this spot for quite a while now." 

"What?! Why didn't you tell me?" 

"I was too busy tracing back our original positions to tell you. Besides, I felt like ditching you in the middle and running away. Because I'm a merciful soul, I decided to stay with you." 

  "Oh, really?" Lotti sneered. "Or is it also because you have a terrible sense of direction? That's why you have been blindly following me." 

"..." 

"Wow, so we are on the same boat," Lotti said. 

"From now on, you will follow me," Sadie ordered, taking the initiative of the lead. "I will take us there." From there, both Lottie and Sadie tried to leave out of the dark alleyway, however it became more complex and confusing as they kept walking around. 

Damn it! If there were only phones in this world or something!!! It's not like Sadie could randomly trust strangers to tell her where to go. For two young women to get lost, especially in a patriarchal world, was beyond dangerous. 

Just before Sadie could open her mouth, another voice was heard across the street:

---

"You idiot-! Did you even check where we were going?! It's all your fault that we are lost now!" A boy's violent voice was heard across the streets.

"Woah~ Chill, I mean how far lost can we be? Uncle said it was fine." Another calm male voice was heard.

"You damned Bastard, speak for yourself!"

"Both of you quiet! If we don't go back home by noon, father will punish us!" A female's voice was heard.

Sadie turned around to face three very outstanding people in the streets wearing rusty rags. However, their aura did not seem to match their face.

'Ugh. It's funny how these people don't fit into these ragged clothing while I do. I'm the real high-end noble here, you know?! I am the abandoned lost princess of the country!'

Two tall boys, one of them had Silver hair and the other with blonde golden locks, were grabbing each other's throats, while a girl with light pastel hair was brimming in anger at them.

'Look at how annoying these kids are, fighting already at this age?!'

Sadie rolled her eyes internally as Lotti punched her elbow and said: "These kids look like nobles."

"Cool," Sadie said.

"I didn't know Nobles hung around here were so cool," Lotti said.

"Did you fall in love with one of them?" Sadie asked, "Don't even try, we probably won't ever show up in their lives again."

"Ugh. I'm not interested." Lotti also rolled her eyes at her. "You sound like you are trying hard to not fall in love with them."

Why the f*ck would I fall for someone that is literally a decade younger than me?!'

"Lotti, can I ask why you are so dumb?" Sadie smiled. "Can you see the sign on my face that says, 'Go piss someone else of instead?'"

"You are literally screaming the words, 'Pick-me-up, please.' I didn't know you were such a Pick-me Girl." Lotti said obnoxiously, not realizing their attention.

Both of their boisterous voice caught the eyes of the other group, as they were the only ones in the lonely street. The three the people stared down at both Lotti and Sadie across the giant street.

"Shh!" Sadie put her index finger on her lips and murmured quietly. "Shut up!"

"Oh my god, Sadie, I didn't know you were that kind of girl!" Lotti started yelling even louder.

Sadie slapped Lotti's arm very loudly and shook her shoulders, murmuring "You-! Stupid girl, we will die! We are already lost and will probably sleep in the streets the next day! Why did you have to catch the eye of a dangerous noble?!"

"HEY, BOTH OF YOU."

The blonde-haired boy approached both Sadie and Lotti from the distance. He was an inch taller than Sadie's height and wore a very handsome complexion on his face. However, because of his intimidating and rough gestures, he came off as a jerk to Sadie.

He seemed like the guy who never raised his hand to do any work or suffered from anything. "Did you both know the way to the famous Patessire of Karliage? We don't have time you know."

'Isn't it the one we were looking for?'

Suddenly Lotti raised her middle finger at him. "Nope. Never heard of them." She replied crossing her hands. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

975K 23.3K 42
Limitied Time Only: Binge this series for a chance to win FREE coins until June 2! Read 10+ chapters of this story and win 30 Coins (2000 Winners) Wh...
180K 13.3K 19
"YOU ARE MINE TO KEEP OR TO KILL" ~~~ Kiaan and Izna are like completely two different poles. They both belong to two different RIVAL FAMILIES. It's...
358K 22.6K 20
๐’๐ก๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐š ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐ฎ๐๐ซ๐š๐ค๐ฌ๐ก ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ~By ๐Š๐š๐ฃ๐ฎ๊จ„๏ธŽ...
660K 14.6K 49
"Real lifeแ€™แ€พแ€ฌ แ€…แ€€แ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ผแ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€…แ€”แ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ฌแ€™แ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€˜แ€ฐแ€ธ แ€•แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€แ€„แ€บแ€žแ€ฝแ€ฌแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€ปแ€ฌแ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ฌแ€•แ€ฒแ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€แ€šแ€บ" "แ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ฒแ€Šแ€ญแ€แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธ Bae แ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€„แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€„แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€ทแ€›แ€œแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€กแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€‘แ€ญ แ€„แ€ซแ€แ€ป...