One Chance For Redemption

By neekocham

When she died by an embarrassing death, she got transported into her favorite novel series. Not as a lead, bu... More

Disclaimer
Simula
Kabanata 1 - Lady of House Clerebold
Kabanata 2 - Proposal
Kabanata 3 - The Reason Why
Kabanata 4 - Second Lead's Fiancee
Kabanata 5 - Wedding
Kabanata 6 - When the Villain appears..
Kabanata 7 - Cousin
Kabanata 8 - Gift
Kabanata 9 - First Name
Kabanata 10- Femme Fatale
Kabanata 11 - Strange Events
Kabanata 12 - Secondary Characters
Kabanata 13 - Sister Complex
Kabanata 14 - What's Wrong?
Kabanata 15 - Drifting Soul
Kabanata 16 - Impurities
Kabanata 17 - Together
Kabanata 18 - Blush
Kabanata 19 - Duke's Little Duchess
Kabanata 20 - Flower That Blooms
Kabanata 21 - Meeting the Male Lead
Kabanata 22 - Great Escape
Kabanata 23 - Duke's Woman
Kabanata 24 - Male Lead and the Maid
Kabanata 25 - Spring Hunt
Kabanata 26 - Crown Prince
Kabanata 28 - Intergral Infiltration
Kabanata 29 - Missing
Kabanata 30 - Letter
Kabanata 31 - Crown Princess
Kabanata 32 - Ghost
Kabanata 33 - Rumor
Kabanata 34 - The Queen
Kabanata 35 - Insecurity
Kabanata 36 - Upset
Kabanata 37 - Book of Feelings
Kabanata 38 - Home
Kabanata 39 - First Kiss
Kabanata 40 - Jealous
Kabanata 41 - Original
Kabanata 42 - Uncanny
Kabanata 43 - Devil's Eyes
Kabanata 44 - Judicial Duel
Kabanata 45 - Ending
Kabanata 46 - Last Gift
Wakas

Kabanata 27 - Knight Herondale

5.8K 313 21
By neekocham

Kabanata 27

Knight Herondale

"Goodbye, Your Highness. Blessing and Long Live, Emperio Solana."

With that parting words, I turned around and quickly walked away bago pa man niya ako mapigilan muli. I saw my guards grinning with proud faces as they followed me.

"You did so well back there, Lady Amaury." Albert complimented me.

Ngumisi na lamang ako sakanya at hindi na nagsalita. I acted cold in purpose earlier because the Crown prince was not in my plan when I got here on this novel. In fact, isa siya sa dapat kong iwasan, he was the antagonist for Gabriel and Emeline's love story. Dahil si Emeline was supposed to be the crown princess according to the original novel. When I was thinking of Emeline, I instantly saw her. But something is different. Emeline unmounted on her white majestic horse. Sa paahan niya ay isang baboy ramo with a spear on its neck. At iilang big wild bunnies na duguan.

"Emeline Herondale, honour her kill to the Emperio!" The official announcement rang.

Emeline was wearing a knight uniform for Herondale house. Ang mahabang buhok ay nakatali. On her waist was a sword with a blood on it. sa tabi niya ay naroon ang isang lalaki who has a blonde hair but share the same feature as her. The young man patted her head and said something. They laughed at saka umalis ang lalaki pabalik sa... tent ng Herondale? Oh, is that his brother? Emmanuel Herondale?

Nang-mag tama ang mata namin ni Emeline, ginawaran niya ako ng tango and I did a bow to her. She took a large quick steps papunta sa akin.

"Lady Amaury, you look stunning as ever." Emeline greeted me with a smile.

Hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko pabalik. Well, she is still beautiful but then a feminine word won't work on her current appearance.

"...and you look... great."

Natawa siya sa pag-aalinlangan ko sa pagsasalita.

"Don't worry, I got that reaction a lot. I got used to it by now."

Tinitigan ko siya, she looks calm and comfortable.

"Do you always participate on the Spring Hunt?" I asked.

In the novel, she was supposed to be sitting on their tent, waiting for my brother to return, Beatrice would get jealous and cause a scene. My brother would protect Emeline and she will start to have a feeling to Gabriel.

But what happened now was the three important characters on the novel was gone. Beatrice was stranded somewhere and didn't attend the hunt. Gabriel was on the royal meeting while Emeline joined the hunt, very much different on the original story.

"This is the first time I joined the hunt. But I always wore a knight outfit on our home when I train with the other knights."

I memory I have on the novel shows up. Emeline always trained with the knights when she was a kid kaya naman inakala ni Gabriel na lalaki siya. Maybe doon na develop ni Emeline ang katangian ng pagiging isang knight.

"But it is not appropriate for us ladies to wear that. The society won't accept it." I respond like how a noble lady would reply.

But in my opinion, Emeline can do what she wants. On my own world, girls can do what they like. No one can stop them.

Ngumisi si Emeline, "I know. I have lived my life according to my father's order you know? But I just can't take away the things I am passionate about."

Napamangha ako sa sinabi niya. I truly admire this girl. Even in the novel. She was brave and intelligent. She really deserves to be the novel's heroine.

"It's time to live for myself and not for other person. Time to decide for myself and not let someone's decision dictates my happiness."

She looked at me knowingly and smiles. Bakit pakiramdam ko ay ako ang pinapatamaan sa sinasabi niya.

As if telling me that I should not follow the novel now? Should I start making my own decisions? But how would I know if I make the right decisions? Paano kung madami ang maapektuhan at magdusa dahil sa mga decisions ko?

"It's time to live for myself and not for other person."

Napakagat ako ng labi nang hindi ko matanggal sa isip ang sinabi niya. Should I focus on surviving than following the flow of the story?

"If only I was brave like you, Lady Emeline. Maybe I can do whatever I want, if only I have the guts."- I laughed a little to hide my awkwardness.

"It's not about being brave, Lady Amaury. The thing is, underneath this brave facade..." She tapped her chest, "...lies a cowardly woman who can't say no to others before. I just have a strong support behind my back kaya naman nakakaya ko gawin ang mga gusto ko. Their words of encouragement give me strength. I grew strong because of that."

Umiling ako, "That's far from being me. I am not that strong and clever as you are, Lady Emeline."

Emeline shrugged, "Two different beautiful arts should never be compared, Lady Amaury. " She winked at me at nagpaalam na.

She left me feeling so full of her words. Kaya naman hanggang sa paglalakad pabalik ng tent ay preoccupied ako. I was quietly thinking inside when a grim news started to spread. There has been an ambush attack. A lot of people was injured from the mountain. And all those people were from the dela Fleur house. Biglang nanlambot ang tuhod ko. Nanlamig ang mga palad at nagsimulang kabahan ng todo. I can see the uneasiness on my guard's eyes as they wait for more news. Gustuhin man nilang umalis upang icheck ang nangyari, they can't go because they are stuck here to protect me.

Hindi ko alam kung saan pupunta or ano ang gagawin para masigurado ko na ligtas si Dale o si Sir Adam! I was panicking so much. Nagtutubig na ang mata ko dahil sa bigat ng nararamdam. I am so helpless. After a few minutes I saw Sir Adam walking slowly towards our tent. Blood was running down his arms. He was badly wounded.

"Sir Adam!" I screamed as I tried to reach out to him.

He took a step back not allowing himself to be touched by me. "I am soaking with blood, Lady Amaury."

He said slowly and out of breath. He was now losing a lot of blood. I immediately grabbed him kahit na nagpumiglas pa siya. Nanghihina na rin siya kaya wala ng lakas pa and had no choice kundi magpatianod nalang.

"Albert, give me a knife. I'll tear Adam's sleeves." I urgently said. Albert looked at my shaking hands. Agad ko iyong tinago.

"Get back Lady Amaury. I'll help Sir Adam instead."

Gusto ko pa sanang kumontra but then my shaking body was trying to consume me. I am scared and worried. Though I know that Sir Adam was alive but Dale hasn't come back yet.

He said he'll return safely to me! He said he will come back. My tears began to fall. I clutches my hands on my chest as I pray.

God, please let the man I love be safe.

I didn't know that a grave danger would be the way for me to finally acknowledge my feelings. Hindi ko gusto na sa ganitong paraan maamin ang nararamdaman ko para sakanya. Napahamak ba siya dahil sa paglapit ko sakanya? Did all this misfortune happened because I ask for his help?

Then I heard a footsteps na papalapit sa tent.

"Dale...!"

"I am sorry dear sister. I am not the one you were expecting."

Gabriel went in and saw the disappointed face na meron ako.

"Kuya... Si Dale!" Mahina kong hikbi.

Gabriel told me all the details of the accident. Dale was gravely injured after fighting on an attack. An ambush attack na higit sa isang daang tao while their group has only 7 people. Him, Sir Adam and five other knights manage to kill every last traitor. Their knights were all injured, including Sir Adam, while Dale took the most damage because he fought almost half of the people trying to protect his down knights on the ground. He has a lot of stab wounds at mga pana na may lason. Siya ang pinaka napuruhan sa lahat.

Mil Zahall saw Dale's condition and immediately went back to the Riviera estate to give Dale medical needs. Habang nanatili si Sir Adam sa kagubatan upang tulungan at siguraduhing okay ang kalagayan ng iba pa niyang kasama and wait for the other rescuers.

"Is... is he well?" I hold his arms tightly as I could.

"He was sent to the capital, Amaury. The doctors will stabilize his wounds."

"Then... he will live right?" I frantically asked.

"I am not certain. But I already send a pigeon to Kaeden he knows what to do."

"Kuya, hindi pwedeng mamatay si Dale! He can't die!" I panicked as I felt my heart starting to race.

"Amaury."- Gabriel took hold of my shaking cold hands, "The Duke is a strong man. He will be alright."

He wiped my tears ngunit patuloy pa rin ito sa pag-bagsak.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 5.7K 49
(COMPLETE) BOOK 1 She's Disha, a girl who loves partying, hanging out with friends. But in just a single accident her life changed into something une...
1.5M 61.2K 79
Her family was killed. The kings and queens were their murderers. Having the unique ability like no other, she decided to avenge them. This makes the...
9.6K 379 25
A story about a woman who holds the biggest responsibility, LIFE. "We just wanted to love, but we were unable to just love. That's our tragedy." Toge...
460K 22.7K 81
A girl named Olivia was a jolly med student working hard to pay for her tuition. To lessen stress, she would read a book that she mysteriously found...