You Again

By JustforFun2017

Noelle McConnell- Computer genius. Works for Apple, Google, the government on the weekends...but that's on t... More

Cast
Session 1
Session 2
Session 4
Session 5
Session 6
Session 7
Session 8
Session 9
Session 10
Session 11
Session 12
Session 13
Session 14
Session 15

Session 3

11K 704 464
By JustforFun2017

The past week had dragged for Noelle. She's been pulled from meeting to meeting gaining a bit of a head ache. She needed some down time but who was she kidding.

Unfortunately tonight was not the night because she was having dinner with the Royce's. How swell.

Noelle had practiced her fake smiles earlier in the day so she should be convincing enough. Hopefully it would help her get by.

She sighed sifting through her clothes for something presentable. She wasn't trying to impress but she wanted Ezra to at least see she wasn't a total loser anymore. She had no intentions of enticing him. She was just still a little hurt that someone who used to be her best friend considered her "less than" and left her in the dry.

But that's okay because Noelle was the biggest name in computer science. And she didn't need Ezra stupid Royce to get there.

Her eyes lit up when she found a nice white dress and slipped it on before tidying up her curls. She FaceTimed Sarah while anxiously biting her nails.

"Hello- Oh f*ck Noey you look hot as sh*t." Sarah exclaimed. "Thanks... its not to much is it?" Noelle huffed.

"Please do wear it and tell me how Ezra's magical penis is." She squealed probably earning a slap on the a** from Ryder.

"Oh my gosh Sarah I'm not gonna do anything with Ezra's penis. I've never even seen his penis!" She whisper yelled.

"Boo. I heard it's amazing but whatever." Sarah hummed. "Well you look good I don't know what you're panicking for. Ezra is the one who should be sweating." She rolled her eyes.

"He was the a**hole growing up."

Noelle nodded in agreement. He should be the one nervous. He treated Noelle like sh*t and she was kind enough not to tell their parents so their friendship wouldn't be ruined.

"I guess." She sighed. "Exactly f*ck him show him what a bada** friend he gave up." Sarah encouraged.

Noelle nodded. "Cool totally cool." She inhaled. Sarah giggled. "You're so funny Noey." Noelle laughed. "Okay I should get going I guess." She bit her lip. Sarah nodded as Ryder stuck his face in front of the phone.

"Hey Noell- wow you look great!" Noelle laughed. "Thank you Ryder."

"Go get him who ever he is." Sarah laughed fighting him back for the phone. "Ryderrrr it's a family friend not a date." She whined.

"Sure it is." He called out probably walking off. "You know Ryder is team 'get Noelle a boyfriend' all the way." Sarah smiled.

"Oh goodness the last thing I need is Ryder going boyfriend hunting. You remember that one date he set me up on? With that a**hat friend of his Trenton Giordano?"

Sarah bust out laughing. The Giordano's were the elites of Boston so everyone knew them. However Trent and Ryder were best friends from college. "Yes I do. Yeah Trenton has a little too much personality for you."

"It was horrible! And I swear his family is in some shady business his father scared the sh*t out of me." Noelle insisted. "Yeah I am going to throw in the towel on that one for you and who knows. I mean Ryder is in the FBI so they can't be that shady right?" Sarah laughed.

"Girl you know law enforcement is hella shady." Noelle snorted. Sarah couldn't deny that.

"Also go Noelle you're going to be late!" Sarah gasped. "Oh shoot I'm already 10 minutes late!" Noelle grabbed her purse.

"Bye love you and use protection!" Sarah smiled before hanging up.

Noelle rolled her eyes before running outside and hopping in the car. She exhaled a shaky breath before starting the engine and driving off.

Lacy's place was only 30 minutes away from hers so it wasn't that much of a drive. She contemplated everything she was going to do and say when she finally faced Ezra again but drew a blank when she finally reached their place.

"You got this Noelle. Don't make a fool of yourself." She exhaled and stepped out the car instantly tripping on her feet. She had to grab the door to stabilize herself.

"Okayyy try number two." She shook it off before walking slowly in these shoes Sarah got her. She finally reached the door and gave a soft knock.

She heard the chairs scraping on the floor indicating that someone was coming. The door opened wide and Lacy Royce's beautiful face lit up at the sight of Noelle.

"Hey Noelle baby girl it's been a while!" Lacy smiled. "Hi I know." Noelle gave a small smile as Lacy pulled her into a tight hug.

"Hey ma is the cornbre-" Noelle looked over Lacy's shoulder and her eyes widened. Holy sh*t Ezra WAS hot. He was like a man. A reaaaallll man. And he looked confused as hell for some reason.

"Hey Ez you remember your best friend Noelle I'm sure." Lacy gushed.

The dumbstruck look on Ezra's face stayed. He genuinely didn't recognize her. He looked her up and down in confusion. Pure confusion.

Since when did Christmas get boobs?

Noelle awkwardly shifted. "Hey guys." Ezra's face scrunched up in confusion. "Nono?" This was not Noelle. Noelle has absolute no hips, no a** and no boobs also Noelle had a perm. But here was someone totally different.

The only normal mannerisms of Noelle was the awkward swaying back and forth and not making eye contact. Literally the one way he could identify her. Old habits die hard.

She gave an uncomfortable wave his way. "That's me." Ezra laughed in disbelief. "No d*mn way!" His eyes trailed her up and down. D*mn Noelle got a body now.

Lacy smacked him on the back of the head. "Watch your mouth boy." He sucked his teeth earning another swat. Noelle awkwardly laughed smoothing her hair down.

"You look beautiful Noelle come in girl. Your mommas at the table." Lacy pulled her inside. Ezra was still trying to identify familiarity from this new and improved Noelle. He supposed her face was the same but what was throwing him off was her body.

"Hey baby." Cassidy smiled. "Hey mommy." She pecked her mother's cheek. She quickly sat beside her mother trying to avoid Ezra who ended up sitting right across from her.

She couldn't lie. Ezra looked good, but he always did. He was always an attractive guy. He was charming but he was devious as hell and she knew better than to get sucked into his complimentary bullsh*t.

"Let's say grace." Cass smiled as they all took hands. Once they blessed the food they began to dig in.

"Where are your drinks?" Noelle asked. "I'll get you something." Ezra offered. Noelle bit and her tongue and nodded. "Okay."

Ezra smirked walking to grab her drink. Noelle eyes him suspiciously. Was he playing dumb? Or did he genuinely see nothing wrong with how he treated her? Did he genuinely forget they didn't like each other?

Ezra returned with a smile and placed the glass at her seat. "Thank you."

"Of course." Cassidy and Lacy looked at each other with a smile quickly. Noelle instantly felt set up. There was no way nothing suspicious was going on here.

"So Noelle hows work and everything?" Ezra asked. "Good." She went back to eating when Cassidy slapped her thigh.

"Ow. It's good I just had a meeting with Google this morning." She scowled. "Wow that's amazing!" Lacy gushed.

"Just like her dad a computer nerd." Cass smiled. Her parents were never together they were best of friends who decided to lose their virginities to each other and accidentally made a baby in college. Her mom was happily married to Korey and her dad to a beautiful Irish woman. No beef, no bitter relations, everyone was good.

"How is Terrance?" Lacy asked. "Good! He and Cal just got back from Ireland. It's beautiful there might have to visit." Cassidy gushed showing her the photos Terrance sent her.

While the parents continued to chat Ezra and Noelle were in an awkward tension. Noelle refusing to speak and Ezra not knowing where to start. But he took the moment at hand to make a break in the tension . "So Nono what's up?" He smiled leaned forward.

"Nothing." She shrugged. Ezra smile faltered and he subtly grit his teeth together. "Okayyyy. Are you and Sarah still friends?"

Noelle snorted. Sarah was a loyal friend unlike some people. But she had to let it go, she wasn't one to hold grudges normally. "Yes Sarah and I are still friends. She's engaged."

"Wow wish her congrats for me...how about you?"

Noelle raised a brow. "Me?" Ezra laughed. "Yeah you. Are you seeing anybody serious?" Noelle narrowed her eyes slightly. What was he on?

"Not anymore. You?" Ezra chuckled. "Nahhh haven't found the right girl yet." Noelle knew what he was trying to do. He's pulled this one on many girls.

"Well I hope you find her." She closed out the conversation leaving Ezra dumbfounded. "Time for dessert!" Lacy got up and went to the kitchen. Ezra licked his plump lips and leaned back in his chair looking at Noelle. She was so different.

"Actually I think I'm going to head out I have tech support tomorrow morning at 6." Noelle sighed.

"Just one piece of dessert?" Lacy pouted snd Noelle couldnt say no. "Okay." She sat back in her seat when Lacy brought out some banana cake and peach cobbler. Noelles favorites!

How did she remember-

"Ezra told me to make them." Lacy answered her unasked question. "Ezra?" She raised a brow. He remembered that?

She glanced over to him and saw what  appeared to be a look of discomfort in his face. Clearly he didn't expect his mother to out him like that. But Lacy thought nothing of it.

Noelle shouldn't have been so surprised he remembered, they WERE best friends at one point. "Thanks."

They ate dessert with some small conversation. It was comfortable and not too weird for Noelle but soon enough she had to head out. As much as she was using that excuse earlier to blitz, she really did want to get a full 8 hours of sleep.

"You have to go huh?" Ezra finally spoke to her again. Noelle nodded. "Let us walk you out." Lacy smiled as they began to clear off the table.

Noelle helped out a bit before grabbing her bag and giving her mother a kiss. "I'll see you soon baby." Cass gave her one more. "Love you."

Ezra came around and began to walk with her to the door. Lacy and Cassidy being the nosy people they were, hung back watched. "Thanks for coming it was nice to see you."

"Yeah. Thanks for inviting me." Noelle scratched her head as they stood in an awkward silence before Ezra took a step forward making Noelle put her guard up. He was bold she would give him that.

Ezra had to admit he was pushing it on the first day but he really wanted to get this over with. The longer he prolonged it, the worst everything would get.

"I'd like to take you to dinner if that's okay." Ezra threw back on his charm. Lacey and Cassidy raised their eyebrows suggestively before drinking their wine glasses as they peaked around the corner.

This was lowkey a dream they always wanted. To have their children get married. When they stopped being friends both parents were confused and frustrated since their children didn't want to comment on the fall out.

Noelle didn't need to explain their situation. Ezra knew very well the outcome. She could handle him.

"Oh...I'm all good thanks." Noelle continued outside. Lacy choked on her drink with laughter. Ezra looked offended as he processed that she rejected him before rushing out to her.

"Ayo Noelle!" He paced after her. Noelle sighed. "Yup." She looked around.

"You're really gonna do me like that?" He laughed in disbelief. "Yeah I'm not really interested in a dinner." She admitted.

"Come on Noelle it's been years since we have seen each other. It doesn't have to be a date or nothing. We can just catch up you know?"

Noelle stares for a moment before shrugging. "I'm good." Ezra internally rolled his eyes.

"Come on Noelle for old times sake." He pleaded again. She was dodging him hard as f*ck right now.

"Old times sake? Oh boy you're trying real hard aren't you?" She rolled her eyes.

"I get it I get why you wouldn't want to but I ask for one little chance to spend some time together it's been over a decade. It would be nice. You were my best friend." He tried a little harder.

Noelle looked like she was contemplating it for a moment before she sighed and nodded. "Fine."

"Great! Let me put my number in your phone." Noelle handed him her phone. Ezra put his number in before texting himself. "I knew you wouldn't hit me up if I didn't." He gave a charming smile.

"Yeah." She said blankly before turning around and walking to the car. D*mn Ezra knew she was awkward but she was cold as hell.

This favor would not go through if he couldn't get Noelle to like him a little bit. He obviously had a lot of work to do. He could simply just ask her but that would never work. He needed her to agree and the only way she would is if she warmed up to him again.

Once she pulled off he immediately texted Colton.

Ezra:
In action.
Sent at 9:45 pm

He watched her car drive off and exhaled in relief before texting Natalia. He started the ball roll but his moral compass was poking him in the side. Reminding him that this is NOT what he should be doing and that this isn't what he really wanted but his egotistical side just told him he didn't care.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.7K 24
π™΄πšŸπšŽπš— πšπš‘πš›πš˜πšžπšπš‘ πšŠπš•πš• πšπš‘πšŽ πš•πš’πšŽπšœ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšπš˜πš•πš πš’'πš– πšœπšπš’πš•πš• πšœπš˜πš•πš’πš ❀️. -πš‘πš˜πš˜πš πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšœπšπš˜πš›πš’ 𝚠/ πšπšŠπšŒπšŽπšŒπš•πšŠπš’πš–πšœ...
1.4K 160 26
Imagine your whole world turning upside down in a moment. Everyone you love leaving you. Which one will you deal with, your loss, your family drama o...
522K 26.8K 35
❝𝖠𝗇 π–Ίπ–Όπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡ 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 π—‹π–Ύπ–½π–Ύπ–Ώπ—‚π—‡π–Ύπ—Œ 𝗍𝗁𝖾 π–Ώπ—Žπ—π—Žπ—‹π–Ύβž Β©π–πŽπ‘πƒπ’ππ˜πŠπ€π˜ 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 𝗆𝗒 π—π—ˆπ—‹π—„ # 𝟣 𝖠𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋...