Love is everything, but simpl...

_Uniquely_Designed32 द्वारा

Mindless Behavior Love Story. When we left off Abigail Roberts and Trey Young had finally fallen for each oth... अधिक

Love is everything, but simple.
Just A Teaser.
Mr. Deez (Pt. 1)
Mr. Deez (Pt. 2)
Chivalry is dead.
"Baby It's You..."
"Only You Could Do Them Things That Got Me Comin' Back.."
Matching A Name With A Face.
"You Belong To Me, I Belong To You.."
I Hold Your Heart, But I Can't Have It...
Nothing But Doubt
Same Damn Thing..
That First Step.
A Little Shit Talking.
Let's Play.
Addicted.
Lost Love.
"You Will Always Be..."
"Doing It Wrong"
Author's Note
I Just Want To Know You.
The End Is Just The Beginning
Breaking Point (Pt. 1)
Breaking Point (Pt. 2)
Author's Note: Everyone MUST Read!
Epilogue

"When It Was Me..."

1.5K 20 13
_Uniquely_Designed32 द्वारा

A/N: I'm Sooooo Sorry Guys For The Long Wait. I Just Recently Caught A Cold, So If There Is A Lot Of Mistakes Or Maybe Something Doesn't Sound Right I Apologize. & Plus I've Been INCREDIBLY Busy W. All My Ap & Honor Classes, But I Can't Promise To Upload Every Single Time I Say I Will. Or Maybe I Just Won't Tell You Until I Actually Do. Okay. Byee xD

The Song Is "When It Was Me, By Paula DeAnda. It Fits The Chapter Perfectly, So Check It Out!

-----------------------

"Ooh, ooh, I just want everything she's got. Ooh, ooh, you look at her so amazed. I remember way back when you used to look at me that way." - Paula DeAnda

I settled into my warm bed. It has been an hour since I left Trey, standing there. His voice still echoes in my head, that sincere, but uncertain voice. His pleads for me not to leave, were just not enough! After I got home he called and texted me various times, all in which I ignored. I don’t know what part he didn’t understand, the part that I needed time, or that I needed space.

I adjusted myself to lie on my side, pulling the comforter over my body. While my brain overflowed with thoughts, I heard a few faint knocks. It was loud enough to get my attention, but hardly audible. “Abby?” they questioned. I readjusted myself, lifting the comforter up to my mouth. “Maybe--- sleep.” I heard.  A few words were exchanged before outside of my door was completely silent. I felt bad not letting my best friends in, I know their only intention was to be there for me, but I was just in one of those moods and I knew them well enough to know, they’ll be back in the morning!

My eyes drifted closed and my mind wondered. I specifically remembered senior year, how happy and content Trey and I were:

I sat on top of the center table in the quad and Trey stood in-front of me. “Don’t listen to those people Abby. Let them talk, but you and both know the truth.” I turned my head down and away from him.

“I could stop listening, but I won’t stop hearing!” I corrected. Ever since the split of Trey and Bree last year, rumors were being spread about me and I wasn’t use to that. I tried to ignore it, but as time went on it got even worse. I let my head fall back exhaling deeply.

“Abby listen to me.” He hand gripped my chin slightly, causing me to look at him. “Forget them, you are none of those things, and you never were. What we have here is special and I am sorry that you were brought into this.” He finished. He’s eyes lowered and his breathing became heavy. I reached forward grabbing his hand and his eyes followed, ending on my mine.

“it’s not your fault. I made that decision to and this time it’ll work. I know it.” He face lit up and his fingers intertwined with mine.

He nodded his head and mumbled “ok”, all the while bringing himself in between my legs and his face closer to mine. I let my hands free from his, taking his face in between them. “Ok.” He breathed.

“Well if it isn’t the two love birds.” Two very familiar faces interrupted Trey and I who were only so many inches away from our first public kiss. My head turned to the two guys, dropping my hands from Trey’s face to my side. And out of my peripheral I could see Trey gazing at me with a huge smile on his face. I took a quick look at him and let a small smile rest on my face. “Oh don’t stop on our account.” Blake said stopping beside Trey with Jake behind him.

“What’s up ya’ll?” Trey asked as he took a seat beside me on the table to face Blake and Jake.

Jake shook it head and started off: “Well if you must know…” it was a usual day, Trey and I would wait at the center table for everybody else and slowly, one by one after Blake and Jake’s arrival, a lot of our friends came gathering around.  While the chatter became louder with the more people taking away the attention from Trey and I, Trey leaned over, whispering into my ear.

“I promise I won’t mess it up this time.” He reassured. “You’re the only girl, Abby and I promise to always make you feel that way.” He concluded. His arm engulfed me and I laid my head on his shoulder. I glanced up at him and he looked down at me, my brows creased for a split second, but my smile appeared and so did his.

“Bro yo mamma's so fat, when she stepped in the road and I tried to swerve around her, I ran out of gas!” Blake shot back. Right now was a ‘Yo Mama’ bagging contest. A few guys in the crowd of people were joking around with Blake and Jake and as I heard the joke a laugh escaped my lips.

“yo mamma's so fat that when she jumped up in the air she got stuck!” One of the guys shouted with laughter and the entire crowd of students erupted in laughter, and so did Trey and I.

I slowly withdrew from the dream and my eyes fluttering open. I peered up into the lighted room with a tear trying to escape my eye. I lay still, on my back, with my hand wiping slowly at the tear. Not even a few minutes later a loud knock came from the front door. “Abby, wake up!” they shouted through the door. 

I rolled over to my right, and right on cue, it was Asia, Uria and Jasmine. I looked over at the clock and it turned to 3:17 pm. I slept from 3 am to 3 pm. That wasn’t like me and I hadn’t called my girls either, no wonder they’re banging on the door. “C’mon, we know you’re in the…. You car’s parked out front!” Uria shouted. My eyes rolled and I removed myself slowly from the comfort of my bed.

“I’m coming, calm down.” I shouted. I walked out my room, into the small cramped hallway of my one bed room apartment walking past my second bathroom, kitchen to my right and living room to my left and the door right in front of me at the end. “It is not the end of the wor—“

I was interrupted by jumps and squeals. “My God, Abby… You look… horrible.” Asia said emphases on ‘horrible’. I knew they were referring to my wild, bed hair, ran and dried mascara and smeared lip stick, looking like a died-out clown.

“Well that’s what happens when you cry your heart to someone and they shoot you down.” I said walking away, leaving the door wide open, walking back to my room. I heard footsteps behind me and once I reached my room I plopped down on the bed. I heard the exhales, but I was in my own world.

“Abby, what happened last night? We had no clue you left until… Trey told us.” Jasmine spoke. I whined at the mention of Trey’s name and as soon as it left my mouth my friends crowded around me on the bed. “So?” she continued.

“Nothing, like I said I poured my heart out and I got shot down!” I briefly explained. I sat up with a frown upon my face and my friends looked at me with concentration and sympathy. I pouted for a minute or so before my heard snapped towards my dresser with my phone going off for the how many-th time. I groaned and fell back on my bed, entangling my hand in my hair.

“Who is that?” Asia asked before reaching over to my phone. “Ahhh it’s the douche bag, Trey—and wow has he called for his millionth times.” She said in disbelief. My eyes lowered to the three girls sitting around me on my bed. “You should get up and come out with us.” She said, hopefully suggesting.

“Guys, I’m not in the mood.” I said, softly.

“He wants you to meet him at his mom’s house…” Jasmine spoke afterward.

“What?” I said sitting up! I looked onto the screen with the texted message.

Please Abbs, don’t come for me, come for Tess, she really wants to see you! – Trey

I rolled my eyes and fell back onto the bed again, letting out a huge, frustrated growl.

--

I pulled up outside of the familiar, cozy house, which was like a second one to me. My hair in a slicked back wavy, ponytail; my outfit consisting of a white, sleeveless button up, tucked into dark blue jeans, with a black belt, fastening it up. I wore my comfy, tan toms and a few accessories here and there; earring, bracelet, ring, etc.

I got out my car locking it after words and stopping dead in my track as I heard a perky, cheerful voice. “Abby!” I turned to see Laila walking up to me with arms opened wide. Oh my gosh.

“Laila!!!” I cheered, with it coming out oh so falsely. ‘What are you doing here?” I questioned.

“Trey invited me; he really thinks it’s time I met his mom and sister.” She said as she brought her arms around my body hugging me tight. I rolled my eyes at the stupid little decision Trey made.  “Wow you smell really good.” She said as she pulled back. “And wow don’t you look so gorgeous. I mean that eye shadow goes so perfectly with your hazel eyes!” She complimented.  I smiled at her, but I hated her even more inside and I knew she didn’t deserve it.

“Thank you.” I said genuinely. She smiled at me and nodded her head before walking past me.

“Anytime, Abby!” She walked up to the porch stopping, turning back towards me. ‘Are you coming?” she asked.

I hesitated before answering. “Yeah, I’ll see you inside, I have a quick phone call I need to make.” I said smiling at her. She responded with a quick ‘okie dokie’ before knocking and being let in. I pulled my phone out my back pocket calling Jaz.

After the third ring Jasmine picked up and she notified me that the Asia and Uria were there with her. I didn’t even respond, I just blurted out what was bugging the shit out of me. “Damn, I can’t even hate her she’s too nice!” I said within a growl.

“Hate who?” someone questioned. I turned back towards the front door to see Laila standing there. My eyes went wide, my mouth dropped open and the phone still attached to my ear as there was a slight possibility she heard everything. “No, never mind, I’m sorry for being noisy. I just forgot to say it was nice to see you again.” She smiled at me, again, like always.

“You too.” I said after my heart stopped beating so fiercely. I ended the call and met up with Laila who held the door open for me. “Thanks.” I whispered loud enough for her. 

The all too familiar atmosphere hit me as I stepped through and into the house. I hadn’t been here in a short little while and it was good to see much hadn’t changed. “ABBY!!” Tess shouted. She ran around the corner of the kitchen and slammed into me, hugging me tight. “I’ve missed you.” she mumbled. I let out a laugh and I wrapped my arms firmly around her, man has she grown. “I have soo much to tell you.” she said excitedly, but her smile faded as she spotted Laila. “Who are you?” she asked.

“Ohh I’m—“

“Laila, hey. Trey said coming out the dark hallway. He walked up to her bringing her into a tight hug as he rocked back and forth was her; since she was shorter than him, her arms only able to cling around his mid-back. And she giggled as he planted a kiss on her lips. “I’m glad you came.” He admitted.  I looked over at Tess who had huffed at the sight of Laila and Trey. ‘Uhhhh Uhmm’ she declared the attention of Trey with the clearing of her throat.

Trey turned around with his eyes landing on Tess , then doubling back on me as he realized I was actually here. “Abby, wow I didn’t even see you.” He confessed. ‘huh I bet.’ Tess mumbled. “What was that twurp.” Trey teased. Tess crossed her arms and looked off. It seems as she held all the frustration of the lack of attention from Trey for the both of us. During her little silent treatment, Trey stormed to her lifting her up, off the ground and throwing her over his shoulder.

“TREY, PUT ME DOWN!” She yelled after all the giggling. He bounced up and down a few times causing her to scream. “STOP, IMA FALL!” She yelled. He laughed as his mom came out the kitchen with a stale face. He threw his hand up in defense with a smirk smile before letting Tess down. “Punk.” She yelled, slapping his arm before laughing.

“Alright, now for real. I decided to take some advice a good friend gave to me…” he said looking over at me. “It wasn’t direct advice, but I got the hint from it.” he continued. “I think it’s about time ya’ll met, well you, mom and Tess, Abby met her already, but I want you to say hi to my girlfriend Laila.” He said with a huge smile.

Laila came from behind Trey with a very timid, shy look. She gave a small wave and since she was nervous, Tess and Mom gave her a chance, unlike what I’m so against doing. “The other relationships… I’m serious about this one and I want it to work, to last.” He looked down at Laila who was attached to his side. He stared at her for a few seconds before placing his hand on her neck with his thumb rubbing slightly on her cheek. After a moment he bent down placing a sweet, gentle, meaningful kiss on her lips. And it spoke loud n clear: “I’M IN LOVE WITH THIS GIRL!”

It finally hit me. There was no point in competing with this girl who has always had Trey. My eyes flickered from the love birds to his mom to Tess who looked from Trey to me. Once my eyes connected to Tess’s I looked down, then back up at her before feeling around in my back pocket for my phone. “I gotta take this.” I mouthed to Tess before walking past Trey who stared so lovingly at Laila, and right out the door.

I looked at my unlocked screen that showed a text message:

It’s hard going everyday with you on my mind and knowing that I still can’t hold or kiss you. I will soon, I miss you.

My tear-filled eyes lifted up as I realized I was right in-front of my car and I made the rational move of just leaving. As I finally thought to leave I made a call to him.

After a few rings he picked up and my heart warmed up at the sound of his voice.

“Hey.” He said half-hearted. “I really can’t wait to see you!” He said in a kind-of gloomy voice.

“I know. I need to see you…. as soon… as possible.” I said whit my voice on the verge of cracking.

“Okay, babygirl—“

I let the phone fall from my ear as I felt a pair of hands resting on my shoulders. I didn’t even have to turn around; I already knew who it was. “I’m sorry Abby. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was too caught up to realizing what I was saying.” He appealed. I let a tear slip from my teary eyes before letting them close and the recent picture of Trey staring so contently at me in my dream earlier, then flashing to the picture of Trey looking to lovingly at Laila.

“The way you look at her, the way you talk about her- I can even see the emotions you feel for her in your kisses...” I trailed off. There was no use, fighting him for a spot that was already taken. “I remember when that was me.” I said with my voice cracking.

“I thought it would be better to start over with her—I hurt you so many times Abby, I was trying to give your heart a break. I wanted to prove I can be serious, and I was tired of doing the things I did, to you. I know I’ll get things right… with Laila.” He professed. I couldn’t help but laugh at his ridiculous gesture, but that was him.

“I get it now. I’m done.” I said, giving up, for good. I lifted and relaxed my shoulders, letting Trey’s hands slip right off before continuing to the driver’s side of my car.

"Tell me what makes her so much better than me (so much better than me)
What makes her just everything I can never be
What makes her your every dream and fantasy
Because I can remember when it was me

And now you don't feel the same
I remember you would shiver everytime I said your name
You said nothing felt as good as when you gaze into my eyes
Now you don't care I'm alive
How did we let the fire die"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So? I Hope I Didn't Disappoint. I Apologize Again For The Long Wait... It's Been Almost A Month, Next Week. But Also I Feel This Story Is Coming A Bit Dramatic So Ima Change It Up A Bit, SO Either Next Chapter Could Be In Trey's P.o.v. Or You Can Finally Meet Abby's Mystery Man & See A Time Where Abby & Trey WONT Fight. I Know, Shocker Right. Lol

Comment With Your Thoughts, & Vote, Pleaseeee :D

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
860K 40K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1M 54.6K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...