"When It Was Me..."

A/N: I'm Sooooo Sorry Guys For The Long Wait. I Just Recently Caught A Cold, So If There Is A Lot Of Mistakes Or Maybe Something Doesn't Sound Right I Apologize. & Plus I've Been INCREDIBLY Busy W. All My Ap & Honor Classes, But I Can't Promise To Upload Every Single Time I Say I Will. Or Maybe I Just Won't Tell You Until I Actually Do. Okay. Byee xD

The Song Is "When It Was Me, By Paula DeAnda. It Fits The Chapter Perfectly, So Check It Out!

-----------------------

"Ooh, ooh, I just want everything she's got. Ooh, ooh, you look at her so amazed. I remember way back when you used to look at me that way." - Paula DeAnda

I settled into my warm bed. It has been an hour since I left Trey, standing there. His voice still echoes in my head, that sincere, but uncertain voice. His pleads for me not to leave, were just not enough! After I got home he called and texted me various times, all in which I ignored. I don’t know what part he didn’t understand, the part that I needed time, or that I needed space.

I adjusted myself to lie on my side, pulling the comforter over my body. While my brain overflowed with thoughts, I heard a few faint knocks. It was loud enough to get my attention, but hardly audible. “Abby?” they questioned. I readjusted myself, lifting the comforter up to my mouth. “Maybe--- sleep.” I heard.  A few words were exchanged before outside of my door was completely silent. I felt bad not letting my best friends in, I know their only intention was to be there for me, but I was just in one of those moods and I knew them well enough to know, they’ll be back in the morning!

My eyes drifted closed and my mind wondered. I specifically remembered senior year, how happy and content Trey and I were:

I sat on top of the center table in the quad and Trey stood in-front of me. “Don’t listen to those people Abby. Let them talk, but you and both know the truth.” I turned my head down and away from him.

“I could stop listening, but I won’t stop hearing!” I corrected. Ever since the split of Trey and Bree last year, rumors were being spread about me and I wasn’t use to that. I tried to ignore it, but as time went on it got even worse. I let my head fall back exhaling deeply.

“Abby listen to me.” He hand gripped my chin slightly, causing me to look at him. “Forget them, you are none of those things, and you never were. What we have here is special and I am sorry that you were brought into this.” He finished. He’s eyes lowered and his breathing became heavy. I reached forward grabbing his hand and his eyes followed, ending on my mine.

“it’s not your fault. I made that decision to and this time it’ll work. I know it.” He face lit up and his fingers intertwined with mine.

He nodded his head and mumbled “ok”, all the while bringing himself in between my legs and his face closer to mine. I let my hands free from his, taking his face in between them. “Ok.” He breathed.

“Well if it isn’t the two love birds.” Two very familiar faces interrupted Trey and I who were only so many inches away from our first public kiss. My head turned to the two guys, dropping my hands from Trey’s face to my side. And out of my peripheral I could see Trey gazing at me with a huge smile on his face. I took a quick look at him and let a small smile rest on my face. “Oh don’t stop on our account.” Blake said stopping beside Trey with Jake behind him.

“What’s up ya’ll?” Trey asked as he took a seat beside me on the table to face Blake and Jake.

Jake shook it head and started off: “Well if you must know…” it was a usual day, Trey and I would wait at the center table for everybody else and slowly, one by one after Blake and Jake’s arrival, a lot of our friends came gathering around.  While the chatter became louder with the more people taking away the attention from Trey and I, Trey leaned over, whispering into my ear.