APOSTASY | H.S

By gojocallsmedaddy

' Love is war and war is love. ' There is none who didn't fight for love. But the history remembers those who... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
HEY
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
MEET-UP
Chapter 33

Chapter 25

42 3 2
By gojocallsmedaddy

Nandini's POV:

I stood there looking widely at Harry and then at Maxi and his mother and sister when they all broke into deep laugh.

"Harry that was a bad joke. Don't scare her like that." Gemma nudged his shoulder.

"What is that?" I demanded.
"The papers of this house. I bought it for you." Harry replied making my mouth fell.

"But Harry-" I was about to protest against taking his help but he cut me in between. "No buts. This is my Christmas gift to you and you can just not deny it." 

He handed me the papers as my eyes quickly scanned it.

He really bought it.

Oh my God!

Why!

I haven't got any gifts for them!
"Oh my God Harry, this is too much. I cannot take it." I tried to give the papers back to him but Anne came to me.

"Oh honey, please, don't let the boy down like that." I looked at her and then at Harry, who was pouting.
I let out a small sigh and took the pen from his hand. "You know this is really a big thing for me. Thank you Harry. In fact, I can never thank you enough."

I felt my eyes turning watery so I bit my tongue to prevent myself from actually start crying.
I did not even know what on Earth I do to receive all this love.

"If you say thank you one more time, I'll go back straight to London." He threatened. I brought my finger to my lips and stood like a child being scolded. He grinned in return.

"Why don't we all sit down for dinner? There's really really great food waiting for us." Maxi interrupted me. “Oh I forgot, I have to hang the mistletoe. Go ahead, I am following.” I said.

"Of course, let's go." Anne, Gemma and Harry got up and went towards the hall. I gave Maxi a questioning look.

"Relax, I'll tell you everything. Just help with the dinner for now."
"Maxi you excited little smartpants! I need to know it all as soon as possible." I went in to be greeted by the perfectly decorated hall and my stuff all arranged.

For a second I doubted whether I was in my own house or not.
This was all amazing.

"All for you love." Harry whispered in my ear. I turned to see him carrying plates and cups in his hand.

"No wait. I am doing this. You go and sit down quietly." I tried to take the things from his hand but he raised them up.

"No." He stuck his tongue out.
"Harry Edward Styles, I want you to give those plates to me right now." I demanded.

He looked at me with wide eyes and grinned. "Alright ma'am." I took the plates from him and waited until he sat himself. There were four chairs with the dining table so I just got to arrange one more for myself.

Gemma and Harry sat in front of each other and Anne sat in-between them. I kept a plate each in front of them. Maxi brought the food in the casserole but I couldn't make out what was in it. I went towards the living room and picked up the little sofa from the corner.

Harry was looking at me the whole time which was making my ears and cheeks red. I brought the sofa near the dining table when Harry shifted his chair a little away and said, "Bring that here."

I placed the sofa beside his chair and sat once Maxi brought all the food from the kitchen.

"What do we have in the menu?" Anne asked. "I have just given the order. It's all selected by Harry, so he will present it." Maxi clapped her hands and pointed towards Harry.

"So ladies, we have the famous Dal Bati Choorma, a dish I ate during my first visit here and absolutely fell in love with. We also have Dal Makhani and Biryani. Complementary with these, I have got some red wine, a cake and honey-glazed parsnip and potato tart with Stilton and Rosemary as the dessert." He kept on speaking as Maxi lifted the lids of the casseroles one by one.

With a pause, he said, "I also wanted to have some Savoy cabbage, walnut and sage lasagne but I didn't get that so this is all we have on the menu tonight."

"This is all? Harry you've nearly ordered what I could eat for a week!" I laughed looking at the food. Harry grinned, "So we will just get more time for ourselves instead of wasting it on cooking."

And gave me a smirk.
My stomach turned upside down and I hit his feet with mine gently, indicating him to control himself. At least in front of his mother and sister.

"What!" He pouted and the rest laughed. I got caught. "May we please just start eating?" I whispered, my cheeks turning all red as I felt my ears burn.

"Yeah sure, honey." Anne gestured towards the plates and Maxi quickly grabbed the wooden spoon and started serving.

I took the Dal and poured in the cups.

After serving to each, I started taking big bites of my Biryani. I must say I really had a supper after long.
Specially the one which feels like home. I looked at their happy faces and grins. I had not seen my parents since last year and it made my heart beat painfully.

I missed them but this moment did feel warm. Cosy and safe, just like my heart craved.

I don't know if I could ever thank Harry for all that he did and is doing for me. Everything I see this moment is given by him; joy, delight, sense of security and protection and love. He even bought this house for me! Oh dear, nothing I could afford will ever return this favour.

I looked at Maxi enjoying the food and having a word with Gemma. Even though she lied to me about telling no one, I am glad that she did. A big part of me was dying to know how she managed to arrange all this.

She was just like a sibling I longed for all my childhood. I could really see my family in the people sitting in this room.

“This was absolutely so delicious.” Anne said putting her spoon down and wiping her mouth with the napkin kept in front of her. “Exactly mum, this is like, one of my favourite cuisine now.” Gemma said mirroring her actions. “Told you.”

Maxi was nearly done with her food too when I realised that I was zoned out and my plate was already empty. One by one they started getting up. Maxi stayed at her seat. I got up and started picking up the plates.

“Wait, let me help you with this.” She picked the bowls up and followed me to the kitchen.

As I turned to face her, she started speaking, cutting me off, “I know you need to know the things but before that, I want you to know that I’ve planned all of it. Tomorrow morning, you will come with me and we will buy the presents for them. You cannot let them waste their Christmas.” I kept looking at her with a lot of questions running in my head.

“They have got a jet lag so I don’t think they will wake up   before 10 tomorrow morning. We will be back until then. You just need to decide what to take.” She completed. I thought it was not good to bombard her with my queries.

“Alright, my love, but what about now? Where will you sleep tonight?” For a second, I thought I saw her face go pale. She spoke in a very soft and low tone, “I have to go back, but I didn’t think about this.”

“What am I here for?” Harry appeared leaning on the door frame, his arms crossed against his chest.

“Well, you’re here for a vacation I guess.” I said, already knowing that he was willing to take Maxi back home.
“And a long night drive with you is what I don’t want to miss on this vacation, Nandini.” Maxi giggled behind me. “See, she agreed.” He pointed towards her.

“Okay fine, come one.” I grabbed the car keys as they informed Anne and Gemma. “Let’s go.” I grabbed my jacket and we went out as the chilly dry air hit our faces making us shiver.

“Well, it’s not that cold. At least you don’t experience snowfall.” Harry said, adjusting his long coat. I rolled my eyes at him earning a laugh from him.

We got in the car and soon were driving on the empty roads of Jodhpur.

“This city looks even better at night.” I told him, but he remained quite. I looked sideways to find him gazing out of the window, wide-eyed and amused. Does he have slightest of an idea how pretty he looks?

“I heard you Nandini; it’s not polite to stare people.” He said, still looking out. “Sorry”, I said as Maxi and I laughed in unison. I turned the radio up and the rest of the drive went in dancing and humming to random songs.

Soon we reached Mother’s Care and dropped Maxi off at the gate. She tapped on my window and mouthed ‘8 am’ before waving us goodbye. I reversed my car and we were back on the road.

“This is really amazing.” I said, breaking the silence between us. “Oh yeah, this city is absolutely beautiful.” Harry hummed. “No, I meant this surprise. Your surprise, it is amazing.” I corrected him and he nodded.

“I thought celebrating these holidays with you would be the best way to make the days off worth. And that is just another reason to cover up the actual one, I wanted to see you and spend time with you again.” He mumbled slowly, enough for my stomach to grumble once after every word.

“Me too. I might consider this as the best holiday gift ever.” I expressed my gratefulness which he used as a chance to tease me.

“Hmm...You better be. I did not argue my manager for nothing.” He rubbed his temples looking at me. “If I didn’t say that, then what would you do Harry?”

I asked, making a puppy face and trying to sound innocent. “In that case, Nandini, I will stay here and drink milkshakes in front of you until you admit that I did a good work.”
He remembers the milkshake!

I instantly looked at him and he chuckled. “I remember the milkshake, love. Why don’t we consider going on a milkshake date someday?” “Really?” I asked, not believing my ears and assuming that it’s only a normal day out.

“Yes! Like, tomorrow. What are you doing tomorrow?” He asked. “I’m free.” I replied.

“That’s it. We are going tomorrow.” He demanded. “Alright, let’s head home first.” He nodded and we talked more about my days at work and his tour. After finishing the story of every tour he mentioned that he missed me.

I told him that I finally had bought his album’s vinyl CD and he was proud.
The rest of the ride was filled with him singing “We’re going on a date tomorrow, Nandini and I, And I am really happy.” I only grinned; I share that feeling with him.

____________________________________

Not me being late again, sorry :p and oohhh, please tell me how this turned out...... I'm waiting:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 920 55
It was that one moment, as no one dared to look at him, that she looked. And he wasn't normal. But he loved her. ~ A.N. One Direction fanfic, mainly...
313K 12.7K 48
Harry Styles, one fifth of the world's most in-demand boyband, has all but given up looking for love and has, for the moment, resigned himself to enj...
404K 11K 43
a story of a man who becomes hopelessly in love with a woman that thinks his intentions are nothing but that. [A Dramatic Romance Alternate Universe...
123K 6K 31
(adv.) having no end, limit, or conclusion; boundless; infinite; interminable; incessant She met him late one night in the winter and watched the sta...