Chapter 7

A loud knock on the door woke me from the stressful sleep. I got up and patted my head.

"I'm coming!" I said loudly to shut the person. I pushed myself out of the bed and dragged my feet to the door.

"Yes?"

"Ma'am your breakfast, as you ordered." The boy said.

"Thank you." I took the tray in and kept on the table after locking the door. I sat on the armchair with my head in my palms.

"What even happened!" I sighed.

So as I remember, we were late to the concert yesterday and so I ran from the backstage gate. I bumped into someone and my wallet fell, maybe. Then the concert started and I had the best time of my life.

I saw Harry Styles. He danced, smiled, laughed and had fun with us. He talked to some fans and cracked his stupid jokes, which were surprisingly funny. I cried and danced. And now my whole body is aching.

Till the end of the concert, I was feeling high from all the yelling and tiredness, giving me great headache. And lastly I found that I was missing my wallet and I didn't find it.

I had planned so much for that day but now I don't have any idea how will I get my cards and ID back.
Our bus was leaving at noon to back at Jodhpur. And there was no way I could meet Harry. Or find my cards.

When nothing struck my mind, I picked my phone and dialled the number on top of my emergency list.

After a few seconds of ringing he picked the phone.

"Hello?" A sleepy voice answered.

"Hey Kabir. Did I disturb?" I asked.

"No. I was just debating whether to wake up or not. So, how was last night?"

"Amazing. I saw him. He was wonderful and great." A smile occurred on my face. "I really forgot everything when I was there."

"Hmm, seemed like. And what's up?"

"I guess I will have breakfast now and then move out to the city. Anything for you?" I asked looking out of the balcony.

"No, or maybe anything you like. But why does your tone sound like you lost something?"

"I am tired a bit. Back pain." I heard a hum from the other side. "And I lost my card holder." I said and my face dropped again.

"What! Where?" He sounded shocked.

"Somewhere in the stadium. And the security didn't let me find it. They thought I was giving excuses for sneaking in Harry's changing room." I said, a little angry on that guard.

"It actually seems like you were making an excuse since a little of fans do that and the guards obviously have no proof of your telling the truth. I think I can help in getting a new ATM card for you but about the rest of the cards... I have no idea."

I huffed. "It's alright. I will find some way for it. Thanks. Maybe you should get up from the bed now." I said and earned a loud laugh from him.

"Yes. Now try to stay happy like you were yesterday evening. See you later." He said.

"Yeah, bye." I hung the phone up and there it on the fluffy cushions. I quickly brushed my teeth and took a shower and came out for breakfast.

The food was a bit cold from keeping too long but finally something got into my stomach, it gave me huge relief.

I walked to the next room and knocked before entering. Maxi and the kids were still eating as I took a seat on the bed.

"So, when are we leaving?" Maxi asked.

"Nearly 11:30. But before that, we have three hours to go for shopping or exploring." As I finished my sentence, Shashank busted into the room, followed by Ronak and Rehan.

"We will be sitting at the Domino's. You guys can finish shopping." He said. Yup! Teenage boys.

We packed our bags so that we won't have to hurry later and went on with the exploration.

Few hours of chatter, arguing over dress colours and packing the gifts later, we all headed to board the bus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was currently heading to my office building as I got a phone call that I was urgently required. We all slept the whole way back home and just as I was about to hit my bed, I got the call. I was hella nervous as I didn't have my ID and I would have to request for a new one.

I went in and the receptionist, for the first time in centuries, acknowledged me with a smile. "Nandini, Mr. Smith is in his office right now. You can meet him there." I stepped forward and she whispered to me, "You did a really good work. It was the biggest surprise for all of us."

For a second I stopped thinking about what good work I did, but then her big smile stopped me from questioning. I mouthed a thank you and ran to the lift.

What was she possibly talking about? The trip that I took the orphan kids to? Maybe, because that is the only thing I remember doing 'really good'.

There were more people than usual this day as I noticed but my mind was only going furious about what I did.

There were even noises from the glass floor. Before knocking Smith's door, I took a deep breath. He must be busy. I could hear people laughing and taking in his office room.

"Come in." I slowly opened the door. But the people inside were the biggest surprise for me. My mouth fell and I almost froze on my place.

"Come on take a seat, my dear."

Smith's wrinkled yet Hollywood smile was plastered on his face. There were four people sitting around the table, looking at me.

"She is Nandini." Smith said.

"Yeah, she was who bumped in me that night."

He said with that perfect British accent, just the one I heard yesterday, making my heart fall. I can't believe what I see.

_____________________________________

A/N :

So I'm really sorry for a late update but I'm living with my father right now and he doesn't let me take the phone. Somehow I sneak and try to write.
And I'll be updating soon so don't curse me out;)
All the love,
M