The Eternal Flame

By EPetrovaMikaelson

Elena Gilbert is the Twin Sister of Emily Gilbert but there's a big difference between, Emily's Human while E... More

Chapter 1: Intro
Chapter 2: Elijah & Rose
Chapter 3: When Elena First Met Katherine
Chapter 4: Talking With Slater
Chapter 5: Twenty Questions
Chapter 6: One Shock Too Many In A Night & Day
Chapter 7: Meeting The Martins
Chapter 8: Talking Of Becoming Immortal
Chapter 9: A Kiss & A Deal
Chapter 10: Getting Stefan Out Of The Tomb
Chapter 11: John's Our Father!?!
Chapter 12: Telling Elijah about John
Chapter 13: The Tea Party
Chapter 14: Arguing With John & Werewolves
Chapter 15: Witch-Hazel & Property Lines
Chapter 16: The Dinner Party
Chapter 17: Elena Tells Jenna & Talks With Katherine
Chapter 18: Death, Death & More Death To Come
Chapter 19: He's Alive
Chapter 20: The Sun & Moon Curse
Chapter 22: They're Alive
Chapter 23: The Eternal Flame

Chapter 21: The Birthmark & The Mikaelson Siblings

1.6K 45 3
By EPetrovaMikaelson

The trio came into the Boarding House and headed straight to the living room, where they heard fighting."Stop."Emily exclaimed in a firm and furious voice. 

The trio watched as the Brothers stopped fighting and turned to see not only Emily and Elijah in the doorway, but Elena as well. Stefan looked away in shame at having Emily, who was looking between him and Damon with unreadable eyes, see him and Damon like this.

"Now you've invited him in?"Damon snapped at Emily."And you somehow managed to bring your evil twin back?"He added and Elena pursed her lips into a frown.

"It's thanks to my Sister that Elijah and I renewed the terms of our deal."Emily said, surprising Elena and Elijah that she wasn't taking the full credit.

"Really?"Damon retorted sarcastically.

"The two of you will come to no harm at my hands."Elijah spoke up and they looked at him with a look that said there has to be a catch."I only ask for one thing in return."Elijah looked between the Brothers.

"What?"Damon questioned him warily.

"An apology."Elijah stated coolly.

"A what?"Damon asked, looking as if he didn't even know what the word apology means, while Stefan raised an eyebrow at Elijah before the Brothers shared a look.

Stefan sighed before he walked over to the trio."I'm sorry for the part that I played in your death."Stefan said honestly."I was protecting Emily."Emily smiled at Stefan while Damon looked at him in disgust for practically bowing down to the older Vampire."I will always protect Emily."Stefan vowed. 

"I understand."Elijah said before everyone turned their attention on Damon and Emily lost her smile while Elena rolled her eyes, knowing what Damon was about to do when they saw him shaking his head.

"The Sacrifice is going to happen, Damon."Emily said firmly."Bonnie will kill Klaus without hurting herself"Emily looked at Elijah and Elena."and Elijah knows how to save my life."Emily seemed a little smug at that."I told you I'd find another way. And I did."

"Is that true?"Damon asked softly and Elena's eyes narrowed at the look on his face.

"It is."Elijah stated, watching Damon closely.

"And you're trusting him and your evil Sister?"Damon spat, keeping his gaze still on Emily.

"I am."Emily said."And Elena is not evil just because she cares about Elijah."Elena was, once again, surprised that her younger Sister was defending her.

"You can all go to hell."Damon said seriously, angrily, and coldly. The group watched as the blue eyed Vampire stormed out of the room.

"He's angry with me right now."Stefan spoke up, looking back at the trio."But he'll come around."

"Perhaps."Elijah said and Elena scoffed, causing everyone to look at her.

"You seriously believe your dick of a Brother will come around and give Elijah an apology?"Elena said, looking back at Stefan, who winced, realising he needed to apologise to Elena as well."Your Brother, Stefan, incapable doing something decent, unless it benefits only him."

"Elena, I-Save it. I don't want some crappy apology."Elena cut Stefan off sharply, and shook her head.

"I believe it's time we left, seeing as it's getting late."Elijah mumbled loud enough for everyone to hear him. Emily frowned, wishing her Sister would stay at the Boarding House but knew better then to ask her to stay under the same roof as Damon, and she and Stefan watched as the duo left.

~~~~~

When they got back to Elijah's, he wasn't surprised to find that Elena had moved in. To be completely honest, he was inwardly pleased with the fact that she had moved in. 

After preparing dinner, Elijah came into the bedroom to tell Elena, who just had a shower, that dinner was ready, only to freeze at seeing her upper body of her backside, which was naked.

But that wasn't the reason why he had froze in the doorway. It was what was on her right shoulder that made him freeze. 

What could be considered an unusual and interesting looking birthmark to Humans, was what the Supernatural, mainly the Werewolves, considered the birthmark of a royal Wolf. 

As if she could sense someone watching her, Elena looked over her shoulder and her eyes widened."Elijah!"Elena exclaimed in shock and grabbed her towel to cover herself, and had effectively snapped Elijah out of his paralysed state. 

"My apologises, I thought you would have been dressed by now..."Elijah trailed off and watched, slightly amused as Elena grabbed her shirt and bra and ran into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her."Elena?"Elijah called out questionably to the Witch.

"Yeah?"Elena, who was leaning against the door with her heart pounding in her chest, answered questionably.

That mark on your shoulder...."Elijah trailed off, wondering how he was going to tell her.

"It's a Birthmark."Elena answered as she started to calm down and put on the rest of her clothes."Emily has the exact same one on hers as well, so I guess it's a Doppelganger thing."Elena said as she walked over to where her hairbrush was on the basin and started to bush her hair.

"It's not."Elena paused mid brush and turned to the still closed door. Raising her hand, she flicked her wrist and the door opened. Elijah, upon seeing the door open, sped into the bathroom and looked at Elena, who looked up at him in confusion."It's not a Doppelganger thing as you like to put it, Lovely."Elijah stated as he took the brush from Elena and made her turn around."I've seen it before."Elena went to say something as Elijah started to gently comb her hair but he quickly continued."On a Werewolf."Elena snapped her mouth shut and looked at Elijah's eyes through the mirror with her own wide eyes.

"What?"Elena exclaimed softly."Where? What Werewolf?"Elena asked as Elijah paused, his eyes looking distant, sad, and longing.

"Louisiana. A Werewolf Queen, if I remember correctly, was one of Niklaus' partners."Elijah said softly."This mark"Elijah put down her brush and shifted her shirt enough to reveal the mark on her shoulder and gently caressed it."was on that Queen and a handful of other Werewolves from the Clan known as the Crescents. A rather large Pack, if I recall correctly."Elijah explained.

"So I'm a... Untriggered Werewolf Witch Hybrid, with Phoenix like Immortality that I haven't awoken?"Elena asked, eyes wide and Elijah nodded."And my Sister is an Untriggered Werewolf as well..."Elena's eyes suddenly narrowed."We can't tell her."

"That's fine with me. We need her to be Human."Elijah agreed easily."Now, shall we have dinner before it gets cold?"Elena grinned and nodded in agreement. 

They headed downstairs, and Elijah, being the gentleman he is, pulled Elena's chair out for her and when she was seated, he pushed her in before sitting down himself and they started eating.

"So, earlier today, you said your Mother bored eight children? Yet, there are only six Originals?"Elena asked curiously and Elijah smiled bitterly."I'm sorry. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."Elena added, seeing the look on Elijah's face.

"No, it's alright."Elijah said, smiling at Elena's compassionate attitude. How anyone could not fall for someone as kind and compassionate, yet witty and sarcastic as Elena, and go for her twin, was beyond Elijah."But yes, my Mother bore eight children, however, two of my Siblings died. Before me, there was my older Siblings, Freya and Finn, followed by me, Niklaus, Kol, Aaliyah, Rebekah, and Henrik."Elijah said, eyes filled with sadness and his smile was bitter again."Freya, died of plague before I was born, and her death is what led my Family to leaving the Old World and going to the New World. And Henrik's death is what led to my Siblings and I becoming Immortal, along with the creation of Vampires."Elena stared at Elijah, eyes wide in shock.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked."Elena said weakly and started to play with her food.

"No, it's fine. It's actually nice to speak of them every once in a while."Elijah said, smiling back at her.

"What were they like?"Elena asked, suddenly curious again and Elijah's smile widened.

"We were happy."Elijah stated, remembering some fond memories."Niklaus and I would train with swords, or rather fool around, entertaining Henrik and Rebekah."His smile became grim again for a second."Finn, Kol, and Aaliyah mainly studied Magic with our Mother and our Mother's Mentor and friend, Ayana."Elena smiled before she grimaced.

"When a Witch or Warlock gets turned into a Vampire, they lose their Magic, don't they?"Elena asked softly, although she already knew the answer, and Elijah nodded curtly.

"Yes, while we all had Magic, except for Niklaus who didn't, Rebekah, Henrik, and I were never interested, we never tapped into our powers like Aaliyah, Finn, and Kol did."Elijah stated and frowned."Kol and Finn lost their Magic, their connection to Nature. Aaliyah, however, didn't."Elena's eyes widened at this."Aaliyah was a Siphoner Witch."Elena went pale."A good Siphoner."Elijah added at seeing Elena pale at the mention of the word, Siphoner."She was able to keep her Magic and became the first Hybrid of her kind, a Witchpire."Elijah explained and Elena stared at him, eyes wide."You know, Elena, you and Aaliyah would have gotten along rather well."He stated and Elena raised an eyebrow, silently telling him to go on."Aaliyah was good friends with Tatia, the first Petrova Doppelganger, and she was also friends with Katerina before she ran. I have a feeling that if she was here, she'd take a quick liking to you."A blush formed on Elena's cheeks and she smiled gently.

"What was she like?"Elena asked, interested in the Witchpire Hybrid.

"She was almost like you. Kind, sweet, compassionate, yet also had the wits to go with her beauty, along with her sarcastic remarks. She and Kol loved to play pranks. The two of them were known as the Devils of the Village for their pranks."Elijah said fondly.

"Where is Aaliyah? For the better question, you've been using past tense, why?"Elena asked, frowning and Elijah sighed softly. He had hoped that Elena wouldn't ask the question he didn't want to answer, but would. He'd never lie to her."What happened to the rest of your Siblings, Elijah?"

"Niklaus happened."Elijah said in a gruff voice and Elena's eyebrows narrowed in confusion."He Daggered our Siblings and buried them at sea."

Elena's eyes widened and she pursed her lips into a frown."That's the reason you want revenge on Klaus. He buried your Siblings at sea, so in a way, them being Daggered and at sea means that they're dead. Right?"Elijah nodded gravely."Are you sure?"Elena suddenly asked and Elijah's eyebrow shot up."I mean, I say I hate my Siblings and that I did say some cruel things to them, but mainly, it was to get them to leave me alone. What if Klaus was doing that with you?"

"Are you saying that there's a possibility that my Siblings aren't at the bottom of the ocean?"Elijah asked warily, yet hopefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 820 9
๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ๐ง ๐’๐ญ๐ž๐Ÿ๐š๐ง๐ข๐š ๐’๐š๐ฅ๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ƒ๐š๐ฆ๐จ๐ง ๐’๐š๐ฅ๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐’๐ญ๐ž...
133K 4.6K 17
๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ž. "baby please come back, it wasn't you baby it was me, maybe our relationship isn't as crazy as it seems." ( fe...
17.7K 412 22
Elena has a younger twin, Samathea Gilbert, they get along very well, but get this, she the doppelganger of Katherine's twin sister, Mary Ann. find o...