Chapter 18: Death, Death & More Death To Come

"Let me get this straight, you killed Dr. Martin!?!"Elena nearly screamed over the phone to Katherine."Why?"Elena asked, confused as she sat on the bed, a Grimoire laid out in front of her.

"He tried to kill Emily because he and his Son tried to revive Elijah, only for Luka to be burned alive by Damon."Katherine explained as she walked around the grounds of the Boarding house."So to put it simply, the Witch Doctor wanted revenge."

"How did they even find out Elijah was Daggered?"Elena asked as she flipped the page.

"Stefan and Bonbon went to see the Witch Doctor and his Son, thinking they could get them on their side."Katherine stated."The only thing they learned was that Elijah's Witches were looking for a Witches Burial Grounds, filled with a lot of power, enough to kill Klaus. Which I'm guessing you already know."

"I do."Elena said and paused, rereading what she just read."I just wish you didn't kill them. If you can find out where the Burial Grounds are, tell me."

"Will do, love you."Katherine chirped.

"Love you too."Elena said, amused as Katherine hanged up. Putting the phone on the bedside table, the short haired Doppelganger picked up the Grimoire and leaned back against the headboard."Phoenixs, while Immortals, can not be killed, but like the Original Vampires...."Elena trailed off."Katherine's Great-Great Grandfather knew of the Originals, interesting."Elena mumbled to herself curiously."They can be harmed with a special type of Iron."Elena read out loud."If the metal pierces the heart, much like if one of the special Daggers pierces an Original Vampire's heart, the Phoenix will be put into a slumber like death state."Elena read out lout and groaned under her breath, eyes narrowed and lips pursed as she continued reading.

~~~~~ 

"My Mother is here? Isobel?"Elena said questionably."What does she want?"She wondered out loud. 

Elena was at the Lockwood Estate, walking around the study, well, she was actually pacing. She was at the Historical Society Meeting because Carol asked her to be there but she wasn't going accept the check that was for Miranda, Emily was.

"Well, she was bit jealous about the fact that Alaric is dating your Aunt Jenna, so she showed herself to Jenna and now your Aunt is staying on Campus."Katherine explained as she headed to the Lockwood Estate."She's offered your Sister and you a supposed Safe House that has the Deed written in both of your names because apparently word has spread that there is a Human Doppelganger."Katherine explained and Elena paused.

"Nothing about a Witch Doppelganger?"Elena asked curiously.

"No, but there's more. Isobel couldn't get near Klaus."Katherine said leaning against one of the many trees on the Lockwood Property."However, she got near one of the members of his trusted circle. A Witch."Elena scoffed."My thought's exactly. Apparently Klaus will grant my freedom if Isobel and I deliver the Moonstone and your Sister."

"Of course Isobel doesn't truly care about her Daughters lives if she's willing to hand Emily over to Klaus."Elena grumbled, her eyes narrowed."What are you going to do?"

"If I don't do it, I'll never be free, plus, do you actually care?"Katherine asked, eyes narrowed.

"At the moment, no. I told Emily I don't care about her, she can die for all I care."Elena said seriously."Did you find out if the Salvatore's know where the Burial Grounds are?"

"No, but obviously Damon does know where it is."Elena huffed in annoyance."Anyway, Isobel knows that you and I are friends, she wants to meet you."