Chapter 3: When Elena First Met Katherine

"Hello Emily."Katherine said hoarsely, leaning heavily against the wall while looking between her two Doppelgangers."Hello Elena."Emily looked at Katherine with narrowed eyes, missing the look of adoration that Katherine shot at Elena, while Elena crossed her arms, looking bored but if you looked closely, you could see that she was concerned for Katherine."Have you come to watch me wither away?"Katherine asked sarcastically before her gaze shifted to the only person who was able to open the entrance."Goodbye, Caroline."Katherine gritted out, glaring at her.

Emily looked at Caroline."As long as we stay on the other side of the door, she can't hurt us."Caroline's hard gaze shifted from Katherine to Emily."Please."Caroline huffed through her nose and left.

"We?"Elena echoed, raising an eyebrow at her twin, who looked back at her."You make it sound like I'm staying."

"Don't you want to know her story?"Emily asked Elena in a soft voice, so that Katherine couldn't hear them, and looked at her twin in confusion.

"Don't need to know what's already been told."Elena said calmly in a normal voice.

"She told you!?! When!?! And why didn't you tell me!?!"Emily exclaimed, enraged at the fact that Elena already knew Katherine's story and didn't tell her or Stefan and Damon.

"It's not my story to tell, regardless of the fact that we're Family, and she told me the day she arrived in town."Elena stated before leaving her twin dumbfounded and Katherine smirking in amusement. 

Elena headed back to her car and while she was walking, she remembered how she first met Katherine. It was shocking to say the least, considering the fact that while she knew about the Tomb Vampires and Katherine, she actually had no idea what Katherine looked like until they met.

~~~~~

"What the hell, Emily!?!"Elena exclaimed, looking at her twin in shock and confusion. 

Emily had grabbed her and pulled her into a spare room at the Lockwood Mansion. The reason why Elena was even at the Lockwood Estate, although she didn't want to be there because she and Tyler weren't friends, but she had a nice relationship with Carol, was because Richard Lockwood, who didn't like her because she was a Witch, was killed in the fire, that was for the Tomb Vampires, not that Elena knew until Jenna told her.

 "We need to talk."Emily said softly as she looked at Elena. 

Elena didn't notice the way Emily was looking at her, looking at her as if she adored the short haired brunette. Elena went to say that they'd talk later, only to freeze, finally noticing the look in Emily's eyes and also noticed the necklace around her neck. A Daylight Necklace.

"You're not Emily."Elena stated and looked at her new Vampire twin."Who are you and why do you look like me and my Sister?"Elena asked suspiciously.

"They didn't tell you."The Vampire said."Of course they didn't."She looked at Elena in amusement."I'm Katherine, Katherine Pierce."Elena looked at her with wide eyes before she glared and watched as Katherine doubled over, placing a hand over her head, in pain as Elena gave her an aneurysm."Stop, please! I don't want to hurt you!"Elena paused at the sincerity in Katherine's voice and let her stand up and look at her in awe."That was actually painful and I've been around for a long time, it takes a lot to hurt me."Katherine said, smirking at Elena while she crossed her arms and looked at Katherine suspiciously."You have the Petrova Fire and seems to burn brightly."Katherine stated, looking down at Elena's hands and saw the faint glow dying at the edges of her fingertips. Looking down at her hands, Elena didn't see whatever Katherine had seen and looked back up at her with pursed lips.