Chapter 16: The Dinner Party

"What?"Elena asked, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow at Alaric.

"Did Damon tell you that Elijah is planning to kill your Sister."Alaric stated angrily.

"And it's all about Emily, all over again."Elena gritted out, annoyed."And for the record, you don't know if he's actually gonna let Emily actually die. There's a chance she could be brought back."

"Yeah, two ways. Black Magic or Vampirism."Alaric said, scowling at Elena."Emily doesn't want to be a Vampire and Black Magic is dangerous and forbidden."

"Who ever said anything about Black Magic!?! I know the rules of using Magic, I'm not a child anymore. In fact, I never have been a child."Elena exclaimed, glaring up at Alaric, who had the decently to look ashamed and flinched."And I know she doesn't want to be a Vampire, she goes on and on about wanting to be Human and staying that way, have kids, and growing old. I'm not blind nor stupid or deaf to my Sister's wants."She added, pursing her lips into a tight and thin line."And tell Damon that if he tries to keep my Brother and Jenna from me just because I'm on 'Elijah's side and pro-killing my own Sister', I won't hesitate to snap his neck and throw him in the Tomb and Seal him in there."Elena's eyes narrowed."By the way, I'll be eighteen in a couple of months and I'm old enough to make my own decisions. I don't need a, little-to-late, Father Figure. As the saying goes; My body, my choice, well, here's my own saying; My life, my choice."Elena snapped before walking away from Alaric, who stared after her, eyes filled with confusion, and headed over to where Elijah was.

~~~~~

After Elena's little chat with Alaric, who had shortly afterwards, the trio decided to go to stop by the Grill to get some lunch. Upon walking in, Elena wanted to walk back out the moment she saw Damon, who called out to;"Hi."and waved, but Elijah had put his hand on the small of her back, gently pushing her towards the table Alaric and Damon sat at.

"Hey guys."Jenna said, smiling as they came to stand at the table.

"So I heard you three had, uh,"Damon paused, as if he was looking for the right words."quite a meeting of historical minds."

"Yeah."Jenna said, glancing at Elijah and Elena, smiling when she saw his hand resting on the small of Elena's back."I guess you could say that."

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I,"Alaric glanced between all of them."uh, I've got papers to grade."He said, gathering his things and started to stand.

"You know what?"Elena blinked realising that there was someone else sitting next to Damon. It was Andie Star, the News Reporter."We should continue this."She stated before turning to Damon."Let's have a Dinner Party." 

Damon looked up at Andie in surprise."Ooh, my girl."He said happily."Full of good ideas."He turned to everyone else."I'll be happy to host."Damon said, smiling widely."Say tonight, maybe?"

"It's good for me. Jenna?"Andie said, looking at her friend.

"No, I don'y know if tonight works-Yeah, I'm free."Jenna cut Alaric off, causing him to look at her and she smiled back at him.

"It would be a pleasure."Elijah said coolly before looking down at Elena."Only if the Lovely Elena can attend as my Date though?"Elena looked up at Elijah in surprise."It only seems fair, seeing as everyone else here has partners."He explained calmly.

"So like a triple date?"Jenna and Andie nodded excitedly making Elena laugh nervously."Sure, I'd love to."Elena said, trying to keep her cool and smiled as best she could.

"Great."Damon said, looking happy. Too happy for Elena's tastes.

~~~~~

Later that evening, Elena, wearing a black mid-calf square collar fishtail elegant dinner party dress with lantern sleeves, and matching black women's stiletto high heel shoes, and Elijah, wearing his formal suits as ever, found themselves standing outside the front door of the Boarding House.