Chapter 23: The Eternal Flame

Elena quickly herself out of the one sided kiss and pushed Damon back at the same time before slapping him across the face, watching as his face snapped to the side. He then cried out in pain from the aneurysm that created a searing pain of agony in his head, one large enough to give him a migraine that could last for weeks.

"What the fucking hell is wrong with you!?!"Elena exclaimed, enraged."Why would you kiss me...."Elena trailed off as she realised why he kissed her."I'm not Emily, Damon, I'm not nor will I ever be a replacement for Emily like you wanted her to be a replacement for Katherine when you met her."Elena stopped the pain in Damon's head and glared at him as he looked back at her, looking upset by her words."I don't love you, I hate you and you know that. I love Elijah and if you ever try to kiss me again, I'll do more then just slap you or give you aneurysm."Elena declared out loud. 

Elena watched as Damon stared at her angrily before Vamp-Speeding away before shaking her head and peeked into the room, checking on the group then left to find Elijah and head back to his place.

~~~~~

Damon stormed into the library, finding Elijah closing the wooden box with the Elixir inside."Well, it sounds like you won't be needing this anymore."Elijah stated coolly."Feeding her Vampire Blood rendered it useless."He explained as Damon poured himself a drink."Tell Emily that her Sister and I will be back before nightfall. We'll proceed as planned."He added before he started to leave the room.

"We both know that Elixir wouldn't have worked anyway."Damon grumbled before tipping his head back and drowned his drink in one go as Elijah paused in the entrance of the room and turned around to stare at Damon.

"The problem, Damon,"Elijah walked back towards Damon."you talk a good game but you don't actually know anything."He came to a stop directly behind the younger Vampire."She'll never forgive you."Damon glanced over his shoulder at Elijah."And never for a Vampire... "Elijah trailed off for a second."It's a very long time."He turned to leave again but paused once more."Oh, and if you ever touch my girl or even look at her with a hint of lust in your eyes ever again, I'll kill you."He added coolly over his shoulder. 

However, you could practically hear the icy edge in his voice, along with a dark look in his eyes, as Elena peeked into the room, giving Damon her own cold look before smiling brightly at Elijah. Elena allowed Elijah to put his hand on the small of her back and guide her out of the house.

"He's gonna do something even more stupider."Elena said knowingly once they were in the car. 

Once Damon did something stupid, he would do something even worse next and someone ends up getting hurt or worse, killed. Elijah merely hummed in agreement and eyed her.

"Are you alright?"Elijah asked gently.

"Damon kissed me because he wants to use me as a replacement for either Katherine or Emily."Elena said calmly and Elijah's eyes darkened in silent rage.

"Elena, about tonight..."Elijah trailed off, changing the subject.

"You don't want me there."Elena stated knowingly."I know why. Once Emily dies, I'll fall unconscious because the overload of Magic that enters my body to make me Immortal will cause me to be in a lot of pain."Elena explained, although Elijah already knew this from reading about Katherine's Great-Great Grandfather.

Elijah glanced her, noticing how nervous she was and grabbed her hand in his. Bringing said hand up to his lips, he kissed the inside of her wrist and she smiled weakly at him. It wasn't long before they got back to Elijah's place and headed inside.

Elena went to go and make them some tea while Elijah went to put the Elixir away. Just as Elena finished making them some tea, Elijah came back and took one of the cups from her before asking her to follow him to their shared room.