It Began With a Smirk

By JadedRein

When Rein decided to make the move from Connecticut where she'd been living with her marine father to join he... More

1: Welcome Home
2: By the Way
3: Make an Impression
4: Settling In
5: Rain in the Grass
6: Invitations
7: Playing Rough
8: Wake-Up Call
9: Sucking Up
10: Let the Grass Grow
11: A Friend in the Making
12: First Day Jitters
13: Have You Seen the New Girl
14: So Far so Good
15: Intervention
16: Clear Skies
17: Upsetting the Enemy
18: Playing the Parents
19: Heads Up
20: Perfect Gentleman
21: Mind Games
22: Jakeson in the Flesh
23: A Ramble Worth Erasing
25: Have Some Space
26: Nude Conversations
27: Too Close
28: Table Trading
29: A Day With the Guys
30: Booty Call
31: Fatherly Love
32: Plan B
33: Acceptance
34: Green Little Monsters
35: Rich Kids
36: Dripping Wet
37: Phonecall Frustrations
38: Nothing at All
39: Behind Closed Doors
40: Beyond Control
41: Hospital Beds
42: Up and Down
43: Aftershock
44: Beach Blues
45: Getting Wet
46: The Inner Workings
47: Blastoff
48: Knight and his Trusty...Car
49: Grow on Me
50: Civil or Civil War?
51: Liquid as Bitter as Truth
52: Look Inside
53: Confusion in the Calm
54: Forgotten
55: Boys and Their Rivalries
56: Shakedown
57: Retrieval
58: A Taste of Jealousy
59: Father and Son
60: Grease Lightning
61: Relationship Talk
62: The Little Things
63: Past Regrets
64: Back to the Basics
65: A Slumber Part of Sorts
66: Kisses; Some Sweet Some Sour
67: A Good Time
68: Terrible in the Terrific
69: Stand Off
70: Awkward Moments Never Cease
71: Knowing the Truth
72: Wanting More
73: Forbidden Fruit
74: Admittance
75: Breaking the News
76: Everything to Lose

24: From a Distance

129K 1.4K 22
By JadedRein

“I’d just tell them the truth.” I said as I caught up to Jared only seconds before he had reached his truck.

He gave me a surprised look as he turned to face me, pausing with the door open. “What?”

“I would tell them the truth about it. You know, what you asked earlier. I’d feel better knowing that someone can accept me even with the pain of the truth. Those are the type of people I’d want to be around. People who can accept me no matter what.” I told him. Finally! That has been in my head all day thanks to you, you jerk. “But anyways I won’t keep you from helping your dad. See you around Jared.” I gave him a smile and walked back up towards the school doors. I had skipped stopping at my locker just to catch up with him.

“So you and Grass like a couple?” Jakeson asked me stopping me in my tracks as he leaned up against the door I was just about to open.

“Jared? No. We’re just friends.” I replied shifting my stance wondering where Kale was.

--Kale’s POV--

She looked so cute caught off guard that I couldn’t help but watch from a distance. “Yeah you can come over today, I’m sure that Rein has a swimming suit that you can borrow.” I replied absent mindedly to Sarah as my eyes stayed focus on Rein as she stood talking to Jakeson by the front doors.

“She’s coming too?”

I nodded. “She lives with me, remember?”

“Well she isn’t going to be swimming with us is she?” a hint of a whine coming to her voice as she asked.

“No I don’t think she’d want to.” I wonder if he’s her type. Doesn’t look like she has any problem talking to him. Had it been me she would have pushed me out of the way and gone in anyways.

“Invite Jakeson too.”

At this I turned to look at her. “Why would I do that?”

“Because I decided I want to meet her. If she’s going to be living in the same house as you I want to know what type of a person she is.” Girls; you fuck them a few times and next thing you know they think they own you.

“What does Jakeson have to do with it?”

“Well maybe if he swims then she’ll want to join us?” she asked in a bored tone. “Look I don’ know but can we go already? I didn’t get to see you all summer and I’m practically going insane right now.” Oh yeah that’s why I keep her around.

“Sure thing. I’ll go get Rein.”

“I’ll come with.” She pitched in with a happy squeal as she latched herself onto my arm.

“Sarah-“

“-we aren’t dating.” She finished for me. “Don’t worry I got it I got it.  Still can we get going? Please? I’ll make it worth your time I promise.” 

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss - The Bloodhound Gang

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 10.7K 61
Summer Jones doesn't have a perfect life - a crazy half family, dropping grades and absolutely no idea on what she's doing in life. This tomboy has n...
44 34 34
Sometimes the one you love, is just a temporary part of your life *********** New college student, 18 year old Hallie Cook was looking forward to the...
60.8K 1.4K 35
"I can't be just friends with you," he whispered bringing his hand against my cheek cupping it slightly. "McCormick," I sighed. I leaned in a little...
3.1K 92 23
Savannah is your typical teenage girl. She doesn't drink or do drugs. She has friends and a boyfriend who is the shittiest of the all. This all chang...