It Began With a Smirk

By JadedRein

When Rein decided to make the move from Connecticut where she'd been living with her marine father to join he... More

1: Welcome Home
2: By the Way
3: Make an Impression
4: Settling In
5: Rain in the Grass
6: Invitations
7: Playing Rough
8: Wake-Up Call
9: Sucking Up
10: Let the Grass Grow
11: A Friend in the Making
12: First Day Jitters
13: Have You Seen the New Girl
14: So Far so Good
15: Intervention
16: Clear Skies
17: Upsetting the Enemy
18: Playing the Parents
19: Heads Up
20: Perfect Gentleman
21: Mind Games
22: Jakeson in the Flesh
24: From a Distance
25: Have Some Space
26: Nude Conversations
27: Too Close
28: Table Trading
29: A Day With the Guys
30: Booty Call
31: Fatherly Love
32: Plan B
33: Acceptance
34: Green Little Monsters
35: Rich Kids
36: Dripping Wet
37: Phonecall Frustrations
38: Nothing at All
39: Behind Closed Doors
40: Beyond Control
41: Hospital Beds
42: Up and Down
43: Aftershock
44: Beach Blues
45: Getting Wet
46: The Inner Workings
47: Blastoff
48: Knight and his Trusty...Car
49: Grow on Me
50: Civil or Civil War?
51: Liquid as Bitter as Truth
52: Look Inside
53: Confusion in the Calm
54: Forgotten
55: Boys and Their Rivalries
56: Shakedown
57: Retrieval
58: A Taste of Jealousy
59: Father and Son
60: Grease Lightning
61: Relationship Talk
62: The Little Things
63: Past Regrets
64: Back to the Basics
65: A Slumber Part of Sorts
66: Kisses; Some Sweet Some Sour
67: A Good Time
68: Terrible in the Terrific
69: Stand Off
70: Awkward Moments Never Cease
71: Knowing the Truth
72: Wanting More
73: Forbidden Fruit
74: Admittance
75: Breaking the News
76: Everything to Lose

23: A Ramble Worth Erasing

130K 1.4K 60
By JadedRein

“So where’d you transfer from?” he asked conversationally biting into his apple.

“Sorry about being antisocial, I had something on my mind.” I gave him a smile shaking Jared from my mind. “And I transferred from Connecticut. No place you would have heard of I’m sure.”

“No problem. So you’re living with Kale right?”

I nodded. “Yeah, he mentioned you.”

“Don’t believe a word he says.” He laughed. “So what did he tell you about me?”

“Well he said you were great with the ladies so seeing as I shouldn’t believe a word he says I don’t know what I’m doing still talking to you?” I teased him trying to make up for being so blank earlier.

“I was wondering the same thing.”  He finished his apple and tossed the core into the trash bin nearest us. “So how do you like SèClairèVè Academy so far?”

“It’s only my second day but it seems nice. I’m way out of my element though.” I admitted.

“How so?”

“Well my highschool was on the air force base up in Connecticut.  A single class here has more people than an entire grade there. People there pretty much minded their own business. The classes were independent studies so we all got to move at our own paces.” I finished off my hamburger in between sentences. “Not to mention uniforms; at my school there was no way you would have caught me dead in a skirt.”

“Why not? You have a great set of legs. Why not show them off?”

I chuckled and shook my head. “Trust me, if the pants weren’t so hideous I wouldn’t be in a skirt right now.”

“Oh come on it can’t be that bad.” Jakeson tilted his head slightly to the side giving me a cute look.

“How would you like it if you had everything ready to be seen if a breeze catches it the wrong way, some jackass feels like pulling at it, you go up the stairs in front of someone. . .heck even dropping something is like; oh shit. I think I will just leave that there.”

“I’ve got nothing to hide.” He commented giving me a suggesting look as he did.

“Well there are pills for that; like Viagra.”  He rolled his eyes at my comment and I finished off my melon savoring the flavor, and the silence.

“If a girl didn’t want it to be seen then she wouldn’t wear a thong.”

I looked over at him. Oh no he didn’t. “See now that is just unfair. When you actually have an ass and have to walk around then you only have two comfortable choices; thongs and boyshorts. Now boyshorts are fine. Full coverage yadda yadda but they usually feel too confined. Like wearing socks when you sleep, it’s fine for a nap but not when you actually plan on spending a lot of time in it comfortably. Thongs on the otherhand you don’t have to worry about riding up because the little that there is too them is made to go where they do. Also they eliminate panty lines so for tighter fitting clothes it’s a definite must.” I did not seriously just say all of that. I scolded myself doing a mental facepalm. I was  becoming a bigger idiot with every moment I spent in this place.

“So you’re a thong kind of girl?” he asked his eyes doing a quick scan of me.

“I never said that.” Just great... I'm never going to talk again. 

Losing It - Never Shout Never

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

789K 1K 5
Finding relationships is easy... keeping them is the real game. Ellie Harrison is a shy, introverted senior at Santa Cruz High School. Her brother Ja...
680K 12.1K 42
UNEDITED! "I can't act like I'm not in love with you!" he says at last. Every single drop of confidence fades away from my body. "What did you say?"...
60.9K 1.4K 35
"I can't be just friends with you," he whispered bringing his hand against my cheek cupping it slightly. "McCormick," I sighed. I leaned in a little...
245 10 1
Denson and Julia had always been like good friends. Denson has a long time crush on Julia. but it seems that Julia is not interested in 'love' at all...