Clueless [h.s]

By peanutgrande

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places." - Ernest Hemmingway. More

Clueless
[1] Cigarettes and an Elevator
[2] Stuck
[3] Dare
[4] Now
[5] A Coffee Shop and a Date
[6] Deal
[7] Relax
[8] Tension
[9] Trouble
[10] Touch
[11] Denial
[12] This Is Wrong
[13] Care
[14] Comfort
[15] Emotion
[16] Happiness
[18] Worry
[19] No Control
[20] Iceskating
[21] Christmas Eve
[22] Hoping and Care
[23] Lights
[24] Christmas Kisses
[25] Beauty
[26] New Years Eve
[27] Fear
[28] Tantalize
[29] Shock
[30] Passion
[31] Betrayal
[32] Trust
[33] Agony
[34] Numb
[35] Home
[36] You
[37] Love
[38] Strong
[39] Promise
[40] Gentle
[41] Disconnected
[42] Views
[43] Fair
[44] Fix You
[45] Delicate
[46] Electric
not an update - important
[47] Adore
[48] Battles
[49] Distance
[50] Need
[51] Warmth
[52] Broken
[53] Dark
[54] Empty
[55] Memories
[56] Expunge
[57] Cold
[58] Loud
[59] Hope
[60] Remember
[61] Veins
[62] Try
[63] Longing
[64] Me
Clueless - Epilogue
authors note
important opinions

[17] Control

932 53 51
By peanutgrande

(how the hell do I add gifs to my chapters from my phone??)

"I wish you didn't have to go." I nuzzle my face into his chest, wrapping my arms tighter around his waist.

"I'll be back in no time." Jai leans down, kissing my lips for a few seconds before pressing our foreheads together. "I'm going to miss you so much." Jai says, resting his chin on top of my head. Today was the day Jai was going back him to visit his family for the holidays, for winter break. Christmas wasn't so far around the corner now and for once I am eager for it to end just to see Jai again.

"Me too. I wish we could spend the holidays together like the old times." I laugh.

"Yea," I feel some people's eyes on us so I pull away from him, helping him roll his luggages to the escalators. "I don't want to go." Jai pouts, sticking his bottom lip over his top.

"I wish you didn't have to go." I repeat.

"Me either but it is winter break." He laughs, checking his phone for the time. "Shit. The plane leaves in ten minutes." Jai sighs, pulling his beanie to cover more of his hair.

"So this is a goodbye?" I feel the tears welling up in my eyes but I quickly blink them away.

"This is a 'see you later.'" He nudges me with his elbow.

"Make sure to stay safe."

"I will." He promises.

"Do you have your gloves, coat, blankets?" The question comes out a lot faster than I intended it to be.

"You sound like my mother." Jai rolls his eyes, pulling the luggages lever up to roll it around. "And yes I do. You checked my luggages for than five times, remember?"

"Whatever. Now hurry or you'll be late to your flight."

"Eager?" He teases.

"Of course not. I just don't want you to miss your flight because of me." I admit. The last thing I would want if Jai missing his flight and ruining his whole trip back home.

"I won't." He buttons his coat and he slips on his gloves before pulling me into another tight embrace. "I am going to miss you so much!!" He gushes, lifting me off my feet and twirling me around. A squeal escapes my lips as he twirls me in mid-air, then gently resting me back on my feet when we receive a few cruel glances.

"I am going to miss you more."

"I am going to miss you most." He cups my face in his hands and crashes our lips together. Our lips move in sync for about a minute before I pull away. He hugs me one last time before grabbing his luggages and dragging them on the escalators.

"Bye Ariana!!" He shouts from the top of the escalators, waving me off.

"Stay safe!!" I shout back, waving him off.

I blow him one last kiss before waving him off. He pretends to catch it and save it in his pocket for later. I laugh to myself as he disappears into the crowds of people.

-

Harry's POV.

I make myself comfortable at home, blasting the heater on and opening the curtains wide open, revealing the snowy yet bright skies above. I watch in awe as I stare down at the thick blankets of snow covering almost every part of this city, along with many taxis and your typical businessmen and women walking around the city.

I sip at the hot chocolate in hand, enjoying every little beautiful detail of winter. Even though it feels like a hundred fucking degrees in this apartment, I keep my sweater on along with my sweatpants. A knock on my door startles me a bit but I quickly recover, walking over to the door and swinging it open. Ariana stands behind the door with a couple of boxes in her hands and some colorful shit spilling out of her arms as she tries to carry everything in her small arms.

"Harry!" She squeals, almost dropping everything to the floor but I take some of the heavy boxes off her hands and carry them. "I would hug you right now but I can't." She laughs, walking into my apartment.

I help her set the heavy boxes into the living room and once we finish she has a wide smile spread on her face, her cheeks and nose have a light blush to them from the cold outside. "What's all this?" I ask her.

"Isn't it obvious!" She smiles, ripping one of the boxes open.

"Not really..." I scratch the back of my neck. I have no idea what she has bought in my apartment but I love to see her this excited.

"Since we are spending Christmas together," She pauses, shuffling around and tearing box after box. "We need a Christmas tree, don't we?" She pulls out a miniature white Christmas tree out of the box with a wide smile.

"Isn't it too early for Christmas?" I ask. In my opinion I think we should set up the tree almost a week before Christmas, not two weeks.

"It's never too early for Christmas." She remarks, shuffling around and tearing new boxes of colorful ornaments and spilling them onto the floor. With one last sigh, I take a seat by her and help her tear boxes open and set the small yet beautiful tree up in the corner of my living room. Since my apartment is nearly all white, the small tree adds some sort of comfort in the room.

"Did you buy this?" I ask her, tying the small strings to the ornaments.

"Of course." she quietly replies.

"Why? You should've told me, we could have split the money." Now I feel awful for Ariana, she spent a good amount of money to buy these decorations that will probably only be used this year.

"Well it's too late for that now. Besides, I had a great time shopping for these things anyway." She shrugs. I watch her in awe as she tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear and clips her hair into a full ponytail. She's so beautiful. I have never in my twenty fucking years of life, have ever seen someone as fucking perfect as Ariana. She goes back into hanging the small glittery ornaments on the tree, a small grin played on her lips as she notices me staring at her.

"What?" She laughs, glancing at me from time to time. "Why are you staring at me?"

"Because you're beautiful." I admit. Its true, you can never be bored when you're around her, she's either too wild or too fucking flawless not to be stared at.

"Stop it." She flushes, hiding her face in her small hands. I slowly pull them away from her face, taking both of her wrist in my hand and pinning them above her head as she is gently knocked down on the floor as I hover on top of her. "I am not beautiful." She whispers so quietly, it is barely audible but I catch it.

"Oh trust me, babe," I kiss her forehead before meeting her eyes again. "You are."

"Stop it, I know what you're trying to do." She laughs, pushing me off her and I flip over on my back and she climbs on top of me, straddling me like the many of times she has done before.

"And what is that?" I whisper, my voice coming out deep and raspy.

"You're trying to kiss me, Harold." She leans down, barely brushing our lips together before pressing her forehead to mine. I feel my heart skip a beat because I know she is right, ever since we kissed I have been craving to touch those sweet, soft lips of hers. She climbs off me with a laugh, going back into hanging the ornaments on the tree.

"So what made you buy this tree?" I ask after a few beats of silence.

"I thought it would be nice to buy one for the holidays..." She bites her lip and she carefully places a small star at the top of the tree. "Great. We just need the lights."

"You're excited, huh?"

"Hell yea, I love the holidays. Don't you know that already?" She says, flashing me one of her beautiful smiles and I feel my heart swell. I nod, helping her make the few last adjustments to the small tree to make it absolutely perfect. She connects the power cord to the wall and the tree lights up, glowing in the already bright room. "It's..." She stares down at the tree with hearts in her eyes. "Perfect." She smiles, biting on her lip as she faces me, swinging her arms over my shoulders to pull me into a long embrace.

I am caught off guard but quickly catch on, wrapping my arms around her waist and rest my head in the crook of her neck. I love the way she always smells like coconut, it's probably my favorite scent on her. I can't believe we met each other nearly four months ago, and here we are wrapped up in each others arms acting like the best of friends who have known each other for years. Ariana. Fuck, Ariana- she does have some sort of control over me. I can't stay angry at her because she gives me every damn reason to stay fucking happy, I can't bare to see her upset because it makes me upset. Apart of me feels like we do have some sort of connection, a gravitational force pulling us towards each other and I would be damned not to have her in my life.

"We should get a picture with it!!" She says, slipping her phone out of her pocket.

"I don't do pictures."

"Come on, Harry." She pleads, swiping her screen upward to reveal the camera.

"Fuck- fine." I give in.

She scoots closer to me, our heads almost touching. She flashes a cute small smile at first, snapping the picture. She opens the picture up and breaks into fits of laughter.

"I'm deleting that one." She laughs. This time I decide to swing my arm around her shoulders and pull her into me. She laughs a bit more as I stare down at the beautiful girl, without noticing she snaps another photo. She leans back into the camera and smiles, the dimple in her cheek popping out; I smile sticking my tongue out and lightly bite down on my tongue as she snaps the picture. "I love this one." She shows me the photo and I laugh.

"You better send them to me." I say, pulling out my phone for emphasis.

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes, laughing. We stay silence for a few minutes, staring at one another and enjoying each other's company.

"What are you thinking about?" She stares up at me with those big brown eyes of hers.

"I don't know what to get you for Christmas." I say, looking down at her.

"Me either. We should go shopping for presents or something." She suggest, pulling me down to sit on the couch with her. She brings her feet on my lap like she usually does, her high ass heels stabbing into my thighs.

"We should." I pull the heels off her feet and smile at her. I do love the idea of spending the day with her and shopping around town.

"Then what are we waiting for?!" She squeals.

-

"I'll drop you off at the front, I'm going to park." I say as I park in front of Macy's.

"Okay." Ariana agrees, collecting her purse and her phone and hoping out of my car. She shuts the door and walks to the entrance, almost slipping on a pile of snow but laughs it off as she checks her surroundings and scurries off into the mall. It takes me a few minutes to find a parking spot close enough to the mall so I quickly make my way back into Macy's, not wanting to keep Ariana waiting long for me.

When I enter, I see her talking to a tall man with slightly tanned skin and perfectly styled black hair resting on top of his head. She stares up at him with a wide smile spread across her face as he talks, probably saying some kind of lame joke. He wears a tight red long sleeved shirt and he is holding a black coat in his hand, one similar to mine. His jeans are black with a hole in the knee, and ink on his skin is visible from the cut short sleeves. Jealously hits me as she laughs, flashing him one of her beautiful signature smiles and he stares down at her with fucking hearts in his eyes. After what feels like hours of staring at these assholes, the man finally shakes Ariana's hand goodbye and she waves him off.

With a huff, I stuff my hands into the pockets of my coat and approach Ariana. She smiles up at me and I feel all the previous anger and jealously dissolving at the sight of her.

"It's so fucking cold outside." I awkwardly smile, rubbing my hands together for warmth. She stares down at my hands and gently places her warm ones over my cold, shaky hands.

"Well I'd say when you're only wearing a t-shirt." She teases, leaving my hand in hers as we walk around Macy's. "You're so cold."

"Well I was in the snow." I tease, lacing our fingers together just to get a reaction out of her. She untangles our fingers, wrapping her fingers around my wrist instead as she drags me throughout the store.

After nearly an hour of looking through clothes and makeup Ariana dragged me along to, I still have no idea what to get her. I do not want to give her something shitty that she will most likely throw away in about a month, I want her to know how much I care about her with one simple gift.

"How does this smell?" She asks me, waving a small piece of sample paper in the air as she drys off the wet perfume she just sprayed. She brings it to my nose and I cringe at the sweet scent. It is so sweet it's makes my eyes fucking water.

"Too sweet." I plug my nose with my fingers and she gives me an exaggerated eye roll.

"You only think that because you're a man." She says, continuing her hunt for the perfect perfume. I shrug, knowing she is right.

"Why don't you get some fruit scented shit? That's what girls get, right?"

"Not everyone..." She trails off, biting her lip as she bends down to swipe a small box on the shelf.

"Just buy the one you always get." I suggest and she returns to her normal position, a puzzled expression on her features.

"Which one?" She shoots a brow up.

"The coconut one. I love when you wear that one, you smell really good and I-" I ramble on but she cuts me off.

"You think I smell good?" She giggles.

I feel the heat trail up to my cheeks and I look away from her, trying to hide my embarrassment. "Obviously."

"What?" She teases.

"Stop!" I laugh along with her as she enjoys my embarrassment.

"You're so lame, Harold." She pokes the dimple engraved into my cheek as she walks away, probably heading to the cash registers to buy a perfume and Niall's gift.

After she pays for her items we silently walk around the mall until she breaks the silence. "I'm hungry, aren't you?" She asks and I nod.

We make our way to the food court and after a few minutes of endless bickering, she saves a table for us both while get us some food. Minutes later I arrive back at the table with two plates piled with pizza and two cups in my free hand.

"This is the best thing there was." I say, scooting into the chair and taking a bite of the large pizza on my plate. She grabs a slice of pizza and takes a bite, wiping around her mouth after she swallows. "How elegant of you."

"Shut up." She laughs and takes a few sips of the soda. "This is nice isn't it?"

"The pizza?" I chew.

"Us. Hanging out. It feels nice not to constantly fight after a while." She nervously laughs, biting on her lip. A nervous habit she has.

"Yes. I mean it's nice, I like hanging out with you because you're funny..." I say, mentally slapping myself. "Well not just because you're funny but you're pretty and I trust you-"

"Alright Mr.Romantic. I think that's enough." She laughs.

"Fuck- I don't know why I get so nervous around you. It's so fucking stupid." I admit.

"Don't be." She assures me with a small smile.

-

"Are you done yet!!" I whine, hoping she's finished Christmas shopping for now.

"Um, I think." She scans over the items in her cart. "I'll just get your present when you're not here." She bites on her lip.

"You're really getting me something?" I ask, rather shocked.

"That's what friends do, Harold." She sighs as we walk to the cash registers.

"What would you like?" I ask.

"I don't know, Harry." She sighs, placing a few items on the registers belt after giving the cashier a small smile. "I haven't thought about it yet."

"Then how I am supposed to know what you want?"

"Well if you don't know what to get then just don't give me anything, Harry. It's not that hard." She snaps. The cashier exchanges awkward glances between Ariana and I.

"Yes it is. I don't want to get you something shitty-"

"Surprise me. Whatever you get me I will most likely love either way." She says, her voice sweet and somewhat soothing.

"Okay." Ariana pays for the few clothing she bought and we finally leave Macy's. This was defiantly not what I was expecting tonight. I expected to have a great time with Ariana but I just don't seem to find anything enjoyable anymore. We walk back to my car in silence, the swooshing of the cars driving past us the the only noise to be heard.

"Are you alright?" Ariana softly asks as we wait for the car to heat up. She tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear and fiddles with her fingers.

"I don't want to argue." I snap. If I say what I am feeling we will argue, and I am sure not in the mood to argue.

"Then lie to me." She whispers.

"I'm perfectly fine, Ariana. There is absolutely nothing wrong with me." I sarcastically smile as I pull out of the parking lot.

She sighs, raking a hand through her hair. "I'm sorry-"

"Stop. I don't need your fucking pity." I tighten my grip on the steering wheel and do not meet her gaze.

"I'm just trying to help!" She raises her voice.

"I don't need your fucking help, Ariana!" I shout, but I know that's not the truth.

"Is that why you-" She begins but quickly shuts her mouth, not wanting to finish the hurtful words she was about to shoot back. I am glad she did because I don't know if I would be able to take it if she said them. We stay quiet for the rest of the ride home and as I park into the apartment complexes parking lot I break the silence.

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright."

"No it's not, I'm always an asshole to you. I don't know why you're still here after I'll I've done." I admit.

"Me either." She sinks back into the passenger seat. She rest her head on the cool window as we sit in silence, watching the heavy snow fall down from the dark skies above.

-

okay i'm so sorry this is the last boring chapter for a while now. the things coming up are going to be good!! anyways I hope you all had a great thanksgiving and I hope you ate a whole ton of turkey like I did lol :-)

I went shopping for black Friday and it was crazy there was way too many people 😪

anyway I love you all so much and I would like to thank you all so much for 1.9k reads you all mean the world to me I love you all so much and you make me so happy!! :D

please vote, comment, and share with your pals!!

thank you, all the love x :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 210 30
Being sweet and surrounded by butterflies and rainbows don't mean that you'll always stay that way , does it ?
279K 2.2K 25
just some imagines about Harry Edward Styles. ❣️ #16 - onedirectionimagines #76 - harrystyles #1 - harrystylesimagines #1 - 1dimagines
19K 860 14
"You showed me what it means to be happy ever after."
171 1 10
Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile through silent pain, cry behind closed doors, and fight battles nobody knows about.