[20] Iceskating

please read authors note in the end!!! enjoy! and don't forget to vote and comment before anything, love u xx

Harry's POV.

"Would that be all, ma'm?" I politely ask the small old lady on the opposite side of the counter as I hand her a steaming cup of coffee.

"Of course, love." Her voice is sweet, smooth and just light.

"Have a safe night!" I call after her as she walks out of the coffee shops. The doors shut with a light click and I turn back on my heel with a wide smile on my face as I watch Ariana sit on the counter with her legs crossed as she stares at me with a light gleam in her eyes.

"Was she the last one?" Niall calls out from the back of the shop.

"Yea!" I shout as he returns to the front with an apron in hand.

"Thank God!" Ariana sighs, picking at her nails. "Can we go now? You said we'd go ice skating if I stopped complaining about leaving, remember?" Ariana taps on her head for emphasis. Earlier Ariana wouldn't stop complaining about leaving, she was bored and we agreed that if she would shut up until we closed the place, I would take her ice skating with me.

"Ice skating, eh?" Niall laughs, eyeing us suspiciously.

"Yes, but seriously? Ice skating? You don't want to go to the movies or somewhere else?" I ask her.

"Movies are stupid. The endings are always so damn predicable, the lonely girl gets the boy, the girl remembers who she really is, the hot player falls for the girl who is unnoticed. Shall I continue?" She presses her lips into a line and shoots an eyebrow up. She hops off the counter and stands by me, tugging on my sleeve to leave the place already. "And ice skating is fun."

"You've been ice skating before?" I ask her as I rip off my apron, placing it on the coat hanger before slipping on my heavy coat and buttoning it.

"Nope. But Elizabeth went with Jason and she told me all about it, it looks and sounds pretty fun." She shrugs as she slips on that same damn white sweater I told her to buy at Macy's.

"I bet." I say.

"I'll lock the place up, you guys can go on your date now." Niall teases as he follows behind us.

"We're not on a date." Ariana laughs, shoving Niall's shoulder.

"Whatever you say..." Niall laughs. We walk out into the parking lot, the cold wind hitting my flaming skin and suddenly I feel chills run up my spine. I notice Ariana shivering, her nose and cheeks colored a light shade of red as her teeth chatter. I slide off my coat, placing it around her shoulders and pulling her under my arms, hugging her from behind as we wait for Niall to lock up the place.

"N-no, I don't need it." Ariana protest, denying my offer to keep her warm.

"It's fine." I say with a small smile.

"But you're cold, Harry." She looks up at me.

"I am not cold, I am actually really fucking hot." I say, sarcasm clear in my voice.

"Ha-ha. Now take back your coat or I'll shove it up-" She begins but I silence her, pressing my finger to her lips.

"Keep it." I lower my eyes at her for the full effect and with one last eye roll, she gives in.

"Well if you get sick it's not my fault." She wraps my coat tighter around her small frame and her teeth stopping their chattering. I am not that cold actually, with the warmth of her body radiating to mine is a decent amount of warmth and being this close to her is a bonus.