[52] Broken

for these next few chapters please listen to the playlist provided in the beginning of each chapter. certain songs will be repeated but that is what fits the chapter best and what makes it all so emotional lol! thank you for reading. Enjoy x

Deep, slow breathing resonated in my ears as I awoke from the depths of sleep. A haze settled over my mind as I realized that I was uncertain of what had ripped me from my deep slumber. A shiver ran through my body although there were thick blankets covering my body, not providing enough warmth I was satisfied with. My face dug deep into the pillow I was rest on last night and my body was laid flat against the mattress, not accompanied by a pair of warm arms around my body.

My eyes shot open and my body jolted forward as I stretched my arm behind me and felt nothing but the cold mattress. The material of the soft blankets ran beneath my palm as I touched the smooth surface of the spot beside me. I felt nothing but emptiness.

I felt the coldest shiver yet rake through my body as I realized that he was no longer beside me. I no longer had Harry's large lanky body draped over mine and warming me in every way possible. I no longer had Harry's chest pressed tightly against mine and his arms holding me so tightly against him. My eyes blinked multiple times and the backs of my hands rubbed over my eyes to check if this was reality, if this was the harsh and cold reality I had to live up to.

This had to be a dream.

Harry should have been beside me, lips parted and features set so peacefully on his beautiful face. His messy hair should've been sprawled out against the pillows and his arms should've been wrapped around my body. I should've been slowly tracing the outlines of each tattoo marked on his chest and arms as he slept so soundly. I should've felt the slow and steady breathing of his chest as I rest my head against it. I should've heard the light snores coming from his parted lips. I should've heard, seen, and felt all these beautiful things but I did not.

I did not feel a single thing. Unfortunately, I did not wake up to Harry's chest pressed tightly against my face and his arms wrapped around me so protectively. I did not wake up to his soft kisses against every inch of my skin that was exposed to him as he tried to awake me. I did not wake up to his soothing touches of his fingertips against my arms and back. I did not wake up to the heavenly sound of his beautifully raspy voice in the morning or his light snores.

My heart tore into shreds as my vision finally cleared and my eyes frantically searched around the room for any traces of Harry's presence. My chest had caved in deeply as my eyes flicked towards the door that was slightly creaked open. Last night I remember that we had made sure to close and lock the door before Harry made love to me in the most incredible way possible.

There was no way that Harry could have left without a goodbye. There was no way Harry could have left without telling me or leaving some sort of note. He wouldn't do that, I knew he wouldn't.

My shaky hands somehow managed to pull the thick blankets off my body and onto the empty spot beside me, where my Harry was supposed to be. Luckily, during the night Harry woke me up only to make me pull on his shirt since we both fell asleep completely bare and it started to get chilly, so I wasn't that cold when I stepped off the bed. My feet dragged against the soft carpet as I walked towards the door and slipped out of it and stepped into the hallway.

My first instinct was to look in the restroom since most people use the restroom as soon as they awake. My feet hauled me over to the restroom where I lightly knocked twice before I let myself in and saw that the light was flickered off and nobody was to be seen. The palms of my hands just began to sweat as I walked into the living room and kitchen and saw that nobody was there too. My eyes wandered around the living room and landed on the clothes that was neatly folded on the edge of the couch.