[60] Remember

songs for this chapter:

photograph - Ed Sheeran
(i hope you guys remember the time harry and ari sang this song out loud in harry's car bc this song is their song!)

prodigal - onerepublic

to build a home - the cinematic orchestra

Ariana.

My footsteps echo throughout the empty halls as I quickly walk through the corridors, my eyes flickered to each door I passed by to check if it is Harry's room. I repeat the number in my head over and over again as I practically jog down the empty halls.

My sneakers screeched against the tile polished floor as I stop in my tracks. The number "272" is engraved into a small gold panel that is attached onto the mahogany colored door that was closed shut, and behind the door was Niall and Liam clutching onto each other as they were locked into a tight embrace. They didn't even try to hide the fact that they were crying in each other's arms.

I slowly walked closer to them and placed my hand on Liam's bicep, he looked up at me after a few seconds that my hand remained on his arm. His eyes were puffy and red from all the pain he has endured as well. My heart clenched as I stared at him softly.

Harry was oblivious to the fact that plenty of people loved and cared about him. He thought that if he just left this world no one would notice or care, but in reality we were all in excruciating agony from all the pain he has inflicted upon us from his actions. We all needed him in some way, but in my case I needed him in every way possible. He just never realized it.

Liam extended his arm out to me and pulled me into an embrace between himself and Niall; I was sandwiched between the two and I didn't mind because the gesture was quite comfortable. We had been in way too many group hugs today but I did not mind. I was just so glad I had two of my closest friends by my side, comforting me when I needed it the most and I them.

"Have you guys seen him yet?" I asked them softly, the sadness in my tone stealing the volume in my voice.

"W-We tried, Ari," Liam stuttered. "We really did, but when we walked in we couldn't do it anymore. We couldn't cry in front of him because he would feel like shit so we've been out here crying."

"H-how does he look?" I choked out, and I could already feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

"I think you might want to see him yourself, love." Liam pointed out with a slight pout.

I nodded, knowing he was right. It was as if everyone knew I had to be strong for the both of us and they were slightly pressuring me to face him now. But it was the right thing to do at the moment even with all my fear, reluctance, and resistance.

Niall has not said a word since I saw them here but from his merely silent whimpers I could tell he was letting the pain sear a hole straight through him. I drew out a soft breath before I placed both my hands on his cheeks, cradling his face gently as the tears rolled down his cheeks. He wrapped his arms around me as he let me watch cry uncontrollably.

"Niall, shh," I whispered softly, my thumbs gently stroking the damp skin beneath his eyes. "It's alright, stop feeling guilty because he is going to be okay. Relax and take a few minutes to get yourself together then you can meet us in there."

He nodded and I leaned in to press a gentle kiss to the base of his throat in a friendly gesture. He replied by squeezing me tighter and softly mumbling a "You can do this," by the shell of my ear.

I pulled Liam to the side for a moment before I faced Harry after the three most terrible months of my life.

"Take care of him for me," I said, flicking my head towards Niall's direction. "Get him back together before you guys visit Harry."