Changing The Future

By SnowflakeTheTherian

Tsuki Okami was a normal girl. If by normal you mean obsessed with Doctor Who and Death Note. When she dies e... More

Prologue
Ch 1 Building A Reputation
Ch 2. Planning and Messaging
Ch 3. L vs. Kira
Ch 4. Heart Attack
Ch 5. Recovery And Suspicion
Ch 6. Naomi And Phone Calls
Ch 7. Revelations And Killers
Ch 8. Meeting Watari
Ch 9. Flirting And Pranks
Ch 10. I'm The Main Suspect
Ch 11. Uncertainties And Coma's
Ch 12. Doctors And Tears
Ch 13. Restarting The Investigation
Ch 15. Hearing Voices
Ch 16. Physical Changes And Soulmates
Ch 17. Getting Advice From Watari
Ch 18. Telling L And Apologizes
Ch 20. Planning
Ch 21. Internet And Fob Watches
Ch 22. Human Again.....Sorta
Ch 23. Daleks And Memories
Ch 24. It All Comes Back...And A Prophecy
Ch 25. Decoding The Prophecy
Author Note

Ch 19. Anger

314 6 0
By SnowflakeTheTherian

I was standing next to BB and Dad as I waited patiently for the L to finish looking through evidence. I had been much happier the last few days due to L accepting the bond. I looked over toward BB watching him as he ate his jam and stared at L. I was a little concerned at the amount of focus BB was giving L. I would have to talk with the ex-killer if I was going to prevent an argument or fight from breaking out.

Looking toward Dad I noticed he was building a machine of some kind on the table next to me. I watched as Dad expertly fiddled with the wires, metal, and electricity. I was fascinated by Dad's knowledge of species, machines, and planets. I hoped Dad would teach me some of that in the future.

"Hair.....snack crumbs.....hair..." L mumbled as he brought the sampled closer to his face to observe them." Mr. Yagami, if I die within the next few days, your son is Kira. Hm, another hair..."

"What did you just say, Ryuzaki?" Soichiro asked looking slightly offended. I watched carefully as the scene played out before me. I was ready to jump in if something went wrong. Beside me, Dad had stopped working and was watching the conversation closely.' Well, well, well. L knows your going to end up killing him, after all. You're going to fail to save your precious bond-mate from Rem and Kira. I can't wait to see you broken.' The voice hissed gleefully as it taunted me.

"Exactly. What are you talking about anyway?" Matsuda asked in confusion.

"If anything happens to me, I've asked Watari to make himself available to you, so I'm counting on the team." L said as he turned around. I noticed his eyes seemed to linger on me for longer than the rest of the Task-Force members.

"Ryuzaki, you said he was almost cleared and now this? Honestly how much do you suspect my son?" Soichiro asked his voice carrying a note of despair.

"Hm, The truth is, I've never been in a situation like this. Also due to certain situations happening, I may not be thinking as clearly as I normally do. So I could be wrong. Maybe I still consider him a suspect only because we don't have anyone else. But still...if I do happen to be killed soon, please assume that your son is Kira. I have no choice but to make a sneak attack. This is all of our wager now." L said with a serious tone.

University

It had been a while since I had gone to school with everything going on. I had taken most of the school work online the past several weeks so I was able to keep up. I was walking through the schoolyard listening to music when I noticed Light was walking with one of his friends. I began to walk over before stopping when I saw L.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Takada asked as he noticed Light staring at L. I watched as Light turned back to his friend looking slightly distracted by L.

"Hah. Hey, Light. How's it going?" L asked as he walked up to the pair. Light's eyes narrowed in frustration as he looked at the detective closely before speaking to his friend.

"Kiyomi, could we continue this later? I need a moment alone with him." Light asked in a sickly polite voice. I cringed at how obviously fake he was acting, almost like a robot.

"Ah, OK," Takada answered nodding before she turned around and headed off down the path. I watched the girl go before focusing on Light and L.

"I hope she's not upset." L commented as he looked toward me in curiosity. I waved before heading toward him and Light.

"Never mind that. Is it OK to be here? Didn't you say you were afraid to appear in public?" Light asked looking slightly annoyed at L for interrupting his day.

"Hi, L." I greeted as I stopped in front of the geniues duo.

"Yeah, I did. But then I realized that as long as you are not Kira, I should be safe. The fact is, you are the only one on the outside who knows me as L. In the unlikely event that I die in the next few days, I've instructed your father and everyone in the headquarters to assume that you are Kira." L said slyly before turning toward me nodding slightly." Hello, Tsuki."

I could barely contain my laughter at the furious look on Light's face as he realized he almost screwed himself over. I looked between the two as I thought about whether I should leave. I decided that it was better that I stay and help L in case something went wrong.

"Besides, you told me yourself that you missed having me around at school, so I figured why not come back for a little change of pace. As long as it doesn't kill me, college is a lot of fun." L said clearly taunting Light. I raised an eyebrow when L said school was fun. I wouldn't say it was fun at all with all the rules I have to follow.

"I have to admit, without you around, intelligent conversation is hard to come by." Light said truthfully.

"Hm, I see. Luckily, Kiyomi is there to fill the void?" L asked giving Light a look that said -really Light? I hid a giggle behind my hands as I tried to ignore the conversation.

"Well, something like that." Light mumbled.

"Hey, ain't you wanna have some cake with me in the cafeteria?" L asked curiously. I looked at my watch and sighed in boredom. I was hoping to be able to talk about the case with L, but it looked like he was fairly preoccupied.

"Sure. I have a break now, anyway." Light said with a smile.

"Hm, that's perfect. I'm kind of craving shortcake right now." Lresponded looking in the direction of the cafeteria longingly. I put my stuff into my bag and turned to Light and L.

"I'm going to go now boys, bye" I said waving before walking away.

TIME SKIP

Task Force

"Watari, has she said anything yet?" L asked as I walked into the room. My eyes widened in surprise at the fact that we were already at this point in the plot. I was hoping to find the first notebook and burn it along with the one I had in my possession so that both Light and Misa would be able to live normally.

"No. She hasn't spoken a word." Watari spoke through the com system. I walked over to L and looked over his shoulder at the monitors that were set up. The screens were black but I knew that L would turn them on any minute.

"Get me a visual of her, will you?" L asked. I watched the screen apprehensively as I waited for Misa to appear on the screen, I felt really guilty at the fact that she had ended up in there.

"Are you sure?" Watari asked no doubt feeling like the Task0Forc was better off not seeing it. I had to admit that I agreed with the fact as when the screen flickered on the look on Dad's face was murderous. I was shivered as the Oncoming Storm made an appearance in the room.

"Oh!" The Task-Force said gasping as Misa appeared in a very illegal restraint system.

"Uh, L? I would suggest taking Misa out of her restraints. My Dad is not a person you want on your bad side." I hissed in the detective's ear as I kept giving Dad quick glances t make sure he wasn't doing something he would regret.' Oh, you poor thing. Wanting to protect your friends and family knowing their all going to die. I hope you suffer darling, it will be so much fun!' I winced as the voice shouted into my mind. L and Jack shot me a look of concern.

"Tsuki, this is the only safe way for us to ask her questions. We can't risk letting people in." L said softly as he gave me a look. I glared at the man and scowled in disbelief.

"Ryuzaki! What's the meaning of this?" Soichiro asked as he stared horrified at the screen.

"I've apprehended her on suspicion of being the second Kira. I'm afraid this is necessary." L answered calmly. I took a deep breath as I tried to calm myself down.' Kill him. It's the only way. You want to save your friend then? Then kill L Lawliet.' The voice whispered enticingly and I almost gave in before I remembered that L was my Bond-mate and I wasn't going to be able to hurt him and live with myself afterword.

"You could have people wear masks when they go in. There is no need for this kind of action!" I said shouting. Everyone including Dad looked at me in shock at my outburst. L stared at me for a minute before looking away.

"Ms. Yagami, if you can't be here without causing a disruption I suggest you leave now." L said his voice like ice. I gave a mirthless laugh before grabbing my stuff and walking out of the door.

"Good luck not dying or catching Kira without me, detective," I called back slamming the door behind me. I marched out of the building before jumping onto a bus. I decided that I would go to see BB at his house while I cooled off.

TIME SKIP

BB's House

I knocked on the door as I wiped away a few tears. The sound of cursing and someone running was heard before the door swung open revealing a jam covered BB. I gave the ex-killer a look over in confusion. BB just scowled and stepped aside to let me in the house. I walked in and noticed a large kiddy pool in the living room. Inside the pool was jam. I slowly turned to BB in disbelief and he just stood there looking awkward.

"Really Beyond? A jam pool?" I asked. BB shrugged nonchalantly as if a jam pool was the most normal thing in the world. I shook my head in exasperation as BB climbed back into the pool.

"So, Tsuki. What are you doing here? I thought you were helping L." Beyond said as he ate some jam. I sighed and placed my bag on the floor by the door.

"I was, but he got angry when I questioned his interrogation skills," I said frustration and sadness coating my words. BB gave me a look of sympathy before sighing.

"Well, Tsuki. L is often one who will sacrifice anything and everything for the sake of the game. He did it with A and with me. He is probably doing it with Matt, Mello, and Near aswell. He is someone who doesn't think of how his actions hurt the ones around him." Beyond explained carefully. I nodded at what BB said knowing that L wasn't one for a heart-to-heart session unless it was for the benefit of the case.

"Well, do you mind if I crash here for the night? I don't want to be around when Dad tears L limb from limb." I said making a small joke. BB nodded before putting his focus solely on his precious jam. I laughed before heading to the guest room and throwing my shoes off and collapsing onto the bed. I closed my eyes and fell into darkness almost immediately afterwords.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

409K 17.2K 43
'A' is the best undercover agent/cop in the world, known for her unique and useful set of skills. Nothing is known about her beside her gender, there...
6.3K 162 35
Kira is on the loose in Japan, and L is gathering a task force to help catch him. Along with these police officers and detectives is one very childis...
13.2K 360 19
Death Note Fanfic Kara is apart of the Japanese task force. She, along with a group of multiple men, becomes apart of a group searching for Kira. She...
13.3K 399 27
COMPLETED After being accepted as an intern for the Japanese Task Force, Reo is brought onto the task of helping L catch Kira. But once she learns ho...