Chasing Blue Eyes

Bởi Eminemzminnie

Following a fire in her last apartment, Clarity May is forced to live in a homeless shelter and share a room... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Black Saliva
New Beginnings
Getting in the Routine
Game Night to Fight Night Pt.1
Game night to fight night Part 2
Eat and Run
Mama said Knock you Out
Mr. Greene's Restaurant
Kristi Gibson
Married to a...ghost?
The Breakdown of Kristi Gibson pt.1
The Breakdown of Kristi Gibson pt. 2

Guilty Conscious & A White Rabbit

255 13 5
Bởi Eminemzminnie

We had finally made it back to the Shelter after work and were both exhausted and a bit frightened not completely sure if we had made the right decision working for this restaurant.

Marshall's P.O.V

Clarity was silent pretty much the entire ride home, and I could tell she was just as uneasy as me about the entire thing.

We were both sitting separately on our beds, I was writing down some more lyrics and she was tying her hair up for the night and I thought now would be a good time to ask her how exactly she was doing. I never got the chance to talk with her after the release party about what had happened.

She didn't appear to look any more different than usual, but I knew she was the type to hold emotions in until the point of disaster.

"Clarity you got a min?" I asked her immediately catching her attention as I took off my head phones.

"Yeah what's wrong?" She asked looking confused as she continued to tie her hair.

"Nothing, just wondering how you are and everything..we didn't exactly get to talk after the party the other night." I said seeing realization take over her.

She shrugged her shoulders as usual before speaking, "I'm fine, a little more worried about you though, you were completely wasted this morning." She frowned. "It's a good thing no one saw you or we might've been kicked out." She said crossing her arms immediately making me feel guilty.

Something she was very good at.

"Yeah kinda over did it I guess." I said with a shrug of my own.

"Look I don't care if you drink or whatever you do, but please don't do it on the expense of us having a roof over our heads." She continued.

"I won't." I reassured.

She nodded, "Anything else you wanna say?" She asked yawning obviously about to go to bed.

"Nah, Good night." I said, she responded with night as she flipped off the light near her and immediately went under the covers to go to sleep.

Meanwhile my brain was still flooded with thoughts, Clarity was a stranger to me, And a mystery at that, but she was now my wife as well, and even though we were completely faking it to be able to live here and get a better loan and house I still had some type of responsibility of looking out for her, and I was failing completely.

I closed my notebook and turned off my CD player flicking off my side of the lights and layed back in bed.

My dreams taking me into an abyss along with my Guilty Conscious.

-

Clarity's P.O.V

I awoke to the sound of my alarm and yawned not entirely sure if I was ready for what today was about to bring, but I decided that if I was ever gonna get anywhere in life I was just gonna have to suck it up.

I turned once again to see Marshall had already left for today, which was normal because his shift started before mine.

I got up, got dressed and slowly began making my way to work.

It was a rather uneventful day, but I was more than relieved, I was on edge the entire shift praying that some gangsters wouldn't come in and shoot up the joint.

Me and Marshall was supposed to ride the bus home but he said he had something else to do so I rode alone trying not to let any of the guys pervy stares bother me.

I had made it to the shelter and was trying to unwind for the night and by unwind I mean stressing over how we were ever gonna raise enough money to get out of this shelter.

Me and Marshall both get paid basically peanuts when it comes to tips, usually people skipped out on even paying anything and our boss barely paid us minimum wage.

I sighed closing my eyes trying to shake my doubts it was times like these where I wish I still had my brother and Courtney in my life.

But my brother was dead, and Courtney..

I shook my head trying to regain some of that positivity back from earlier but it wasn't easy.

The door opened and in walked Marshall carrying some bags in his hands and I was immediately confused, where did he find the money to buy groceries?

"Hey Clarity." He said closing the door behind him.

"Hey." I said looking between him and the bags.

"Look I uhh I wanted to apologize for leaving you alone at the after party, and for being hung over." He said reaching in the bags and pulling out a small box of chocolate covered strawberries and a white rabbit that said Happy Easter.

"Sorry I found the easter bunny at the Salvation Army, couldn't find a teddy bear that said Happy Valentines day, and they were to expensive at the store soo.." He explained.

My mouth dropped open as I completely had forgotten today was valentines day. That would explain why there was so many couples at the restaurant tonight.

"Marshall you didn't have too-"

"Nah, I wanted to, here." He said handing me the gifts.

"Marshall we're supposed to be saving." I said frowning but accepting the gifts anyway.

"Yeah but its alright to splurge a bit." He shrugged, "Plus I guess its our first valentines day as a married couple." He laughed.

A tired smile spread upon my lips as I nodded, "I suppose it is." I laughed. "But I didn't get you anything." I said looking up at him a bit guiltily.

"Its cool." He said waving it off.

I sighed hating not being able to return the favor so I immediately went up to him and placed a kiss on his cheek.

I knew I caught him off guard cause he almost jumped back and tripped over the extension cord that was plugged into the alarm clock.

"What was that for?" He asked trying to keep the smirk off his face, but he was failing miserably.

"Happy Valentines Day Marshall." I said giving him a smile, not a tired one, not a half one, not a small one, but a full one.

His eyes widened as he struggled to find words, he settled on a nod and a small smile as he cleared his throat to erase the awkwardness.

"Well..I'm gonna go hang out at Proof's you wanna come?" He asked. "His girlfriend having some type of party, not a valentines day party but just like a dinner." He said.

"No its fine, you go ahead, i'm exhausted from work." I confessed.

He looked a bit disappointed but nodded, "Its alright, get some rest and Happy Valentines Day." He said leaving the room and leaving me with my strawberries and a cute white rabbit that actually reminded me a lot of him with those ears, and teeth.

I looked at the bunny and thought for a second, "I think i'll name you Marshall."

-

Marshall's P.O.V

As I left the room I touched by cheek, I could still feel where she had kissed me, and that smile she gave me.

I never really seen her smile before, at least not like that, but damn I swear that smile makes even the aurora lights look dim.

No, what was I thinking? 

Me and Clarity had absolutely nothing in common except our last names at the moment, we were simply using each other to get to a better situation, nothing more and nothing less.

As soon as we got our loan and could afford a new place we would separate and hopefully I could get signed to a label and start making music.

At least that's what I kept telling myself all the way to Proof's house, but that image of her smile was burned into my mind.

And I wasn't sure I wanted it to disappear.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey guy's happy valentines day!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter let me know what you think!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

35.3K 676 12
xxxxx "The piercing steel gray eyes that had haunted my dreams and wreaked my childhood looked deep into my shocking blue ones. Those perfect lips th...
87.2K 2K 31
When Adonis is thrust into the complicated world of innocent, blue-eyed Thea he finds himself falling deeper than he had ever bargained for. Thea is...
8.6K 551 31
Becca has a little secret that she wants nobody to find out. But when Dylan, the most popular and hottest guy in school, finds out her secret. What w...
Kidnapped Bởi Rana

Teen Fiction

34.7K 310 35
Charline Light lives in Kansas. A pretty bad town in Kansas, with crack houses all over the place. She's praying for a way out, and after saving mone...