At my Best

By celestinegabrielle

She's Lisa - the ever gorgeous and mighty Lalisa Manoban- crown princess of United Kingdom but hell of a spoi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Not an Update
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32: The Promise
Chapter 33: The Royal Wedding
BOOK 2 is COMING!!
⚠️⚠️⚠️
🌟
Coming Soon
New Story Publish

Chapter 8

5.2K 129 2
By celestinegabrielle

jennierubyjane Ready to take me out to dinner?

lalalalisa_m Hell YES!!! See you later, baby 💛🖤

[Jennie POV]

I smiled as soon as I saw her latest instagram post. Girl, she literally answered me. And I swear I'm almost freaking out here.

But one this caught my attention.

A girl commented on her post.

somsomi0309: Saw your car outside. Check my most recent post, bae ❤

I did not hesistate to click on her account. And what I saw made me clench my jaw.

somsomi0309 Babe I saw your car outside ❤

.
.

Who the fuck is she?!

And why is she sitting like that in Lisa's car? And wait, she knows it's Lisa's car? So Lisa have been here before? With the same car?

Is this bitch one of her girls?

I stopped in my tracks when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" I said. Not minding who's in there.

"Hey, hot shot is here" Dara said. The thought of her gave me mixed emotions. I felt excited and at the same time, irritated.

"I'll be there in a minute" I responded blankly.

"Everything good? You look mad" Dara said making me conscious with my rushing emotions.

"W-what? No, I'm fine" I managed to say.

"Sure?" She asked and I just gave her a curt nod.

"Wow, you look so beautiful" Lisa greeted me as soon as she saw coming down the stairs.

"Thanks" I muttered.

Just then, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Why the long face?" Her hands gently glided on my bare arms. "Tell me, anything wrong?"

"Nope... let's go?" I avoided her questions as much as I avoided her gaze. It weakens me.

"I'm starting to get worried, Nini" she impatiently taps on the sterring wheel of the car.

"Worried of what?" I questioned not minding to look at her.

"You barely talk, and you're giving me the cold shoulder" she said.

"Lisa, how many times have you been here in New York?"

"Why are you asking? I've been quite a lot" she chuckled nervously.

"And the penthouse? When did you bought it?"

"Which one? The one you're using? I bought it this morning. While the one me and Jisoo is using, I bought it for like 1 or 2 years ago"

"So you've been here a lot?"

"Not that much... wait, why are you asking about it?" She pulled the car on the side and faced me. "Tell me, Nini. What's with all those questions?"

I felt silent. Should I ask? But? Damn, I don't wanna sound so obsessed.

"Who's Somi?" I was actually surprised that I asked her. The last thing I want to happen is to make her see me jealous.

She laughed as if she's teasing me. "What?"I questioned.

"Okay, Somi is a friend... a long time childhood crush, my puppy love, and first love"

I swear, that confession sent my insides to hell. I think I'm gonna be able to kill someone right now.

"Kidding!" She laughed at her own joke. And I'm seriously furious. "Somi's my cousin" she grinned like a long legged devil.

"You're no fun, Lisa"

"What? Look who's jealous?" She teased me. Okay, seems like she's enjoying this game.

I did not let myself show affection on her evil plan. Instead, I grabbed my phone wanting to text my bestfriend, she's also here in New York and a cousin of Dara, she's Roseann Park. But fate really is on my side, I saw Mino's name flashing on my screen.

"Hey, Mino..." I intensionally made it sound sexy. And that made Lisa's laugh stop. Yah! That's for you, bitch!

"What? You'll gonna tour me around?"
"Yay! I'm so excited"
"I'll call you when is my free time"
"Okay, bye... see you soon"
"I missed you too"

I turned my head to look at Lisa. She's furiously mad. Her eyes tell as if she's gonna kill someone.

"What's wrong?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Nothing..." she uttered and pulled the car back to the streets.

"Really?" I tried to sound as if I'm not bothered but I really am.

"Yep. Where do you wanna go? I mean, eat. Let's have dinner so I can take you back home" she said coldly.

"I'm not gonna tell you unless you tell me what's wrong"

"Who called?" Her stern voice is over powering me.

Ah! Got it, she's cringy jealous! "It's Mino" I answered coldly.

"Okay... so who's Mino?"

"A friend?" My response sounded more like a question that an actual statement.

"Well, better get that friend away. Because I'm not letting any free time of you pass by without me" she chuckled and pull over the car to a fancy ice cream parlor.

"Heard you love ice cream. But before we get you those, we need to grab dinner first." she said pointing to the fancy old restaurant just beside the ice cream shop before going out of the car to open the door for me.

"So when are you gonna start shooting that ad or photoshoot? Whatever... I wanted to be there" she said as we walk on the streets of New York.

"Really? You're going to do that?" I was surprised. I've had a lot of suitors before but none of them exerts effort like Lisa.

"Yea... I can't think of any way to spend a time without you"

"I'll be staying here for quite long - almost a month. Don't you have work?" I questioned her. Until now, I haven't have heared anything about her living.

"I have... but, I'm on leave for now"

"You're on leave? For what?"

"For you..." she answered then I felt her soft hands on mine. "I'm serious, Jennie. If being with you is what it takes for me to win you, I'd be doing that" she continued softly.

For a moment I felt so happy, giggling on what she just said. I thought I was starting fall but the fear of being left out came rushing to me. Invading my mind, I suddenly become hesitant.

"B-but Lisa, I'm complicated. I'm not like other girls you've been with. Dispatch follow me, they don't give me privacy and every thing that happens to me are immediately circulating online. And you cannot always come with me, your work will be greatly affected. It's hard to be with me" I stated regretting that I feel like pushing her away.

"Hey" she said softly and cupped my cheeks with her warm hands. "Even before I met you, I already know what it takes to be with you. I know how things would turn out once the world knows about me and you. But I'm willing to go throught it all even if it takes pain, I'd endure that. You are worthy, you are worth it. Okay?"

She hugged me tight causing me to soften around her arms. Those words keep on replaying in my mind, how she sais it softly, how her eyes say that she'll never leave.

Maybe I should give it a try.

Her arms are the my resting place. A place I find peace and safety. Her tall height makes me reach only until her chest, making me hear her crazy heartbeat.

"Uhh... Jennie?" I hummed in response.

"I-I think we should leave" she said breaking from our embrace.

"Wait, why?" I asked but she didn't mind to respond and just snatched me by the arm as we both run back to her car.

"What's wrong? Why did we have to leave early? I was---"

"Uhhh... I think I saw dispatch. They are taking photos of us. M-maybe they recognized you?" She said as she started the engine and hurriedly drive away.

Dispatch? They followed me here?

Oh my gosh.

[Lisa's POV]

"How about we spend the rest of the night together? Come inside with me?" She asked me as soon as we are back in the penthouse.

"I think I like that... b-but, I think you need to take a rest. Your shoot will start tomorrow.

"Okay..." she sighed, confusion and disappoint evident on her face.

"I'll be there for you tomorrow. Okay? Don't be sad. You're prettier when you smile"

We bid our goodbyes. She told me the time and place of her shoot. Chanel team will be picking them here tomorrow so I need to drive myself to there.

"Let's spend the night together tomorrow after your shoot, would you mind?" I asked before I leave, her face light up when she heared me.

So cute.
.
.

"Jisoo-yah!!" I yelled upon entering the door of our penthouse.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I spotted her on the living room, playing xbox.

"I think I fucked up!" I said walking back and forth in the living room.

"What do you mean you fucked up?" She asked without turning her head on me.

"I think paps saw us"

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!" she finally turned her attention to me.

"Man, I swear if those are really paps and they took a photo of you and Jennie, they will eventually leak it in social media. And you are doomed... doomed from your parents and will definitely received a fucking huge slap from Jennie" she said while furiously checking online if any news comes in.

"Pay the motherfucking paps. I don't care how much, just do everything to prevent them from leaking it!"

"You're crazy. You think they'll do that? They'll get more money if they'll spill it. And you don't even know which media are they from"

"Find them! I don't want Jennie to know it this way!" I cussed in frustration.

"Geez, chill man! This is what I've been telling you. Just tell Jennie before things went rough"

"Not yet, Jisoo" I responded before heading towards my room.

Jisoo followed.

"What?" I was uneasy all night, Jisoo and I practically lurked online to check whether there are any news about me and Jennie.

"Nothing, dude. I think that was just random people. Don't be paranoid man! If those are paps, then they probably have the headline by now. Let's go. I fucking want to sleep" she hissed closing her laptop and returning to her room.

"And by the way, you probably need rest. You don't want Jennie to see a panda tomorrow, don't you?" She said before closing the door of my room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 8.8K 11
Kim Jennie is a snob and has no time for a serious relationship. What she really wanted was to find the right fling and learn the sensual arts with h...
36.2K 530 23
Jennie Kim, youngest CEO in South Korea. She owns one of the biggest entertainment companies. Is she willing to give the relationship a try despite h...
277K 10.5K 40
Lalisa Manoban is a rich girl. She's a stuck-up and a narcissist. There's no way she wouldn't be when she comes from a wealthy family and never had t...
634K 21.5K 13
"Starting from today, Lisa is mine, so I guess I made it clear that nobody tortures her except me." That's what Jennie Kim, the badass popular bitch...