Chapter 29

[Lisa's POV]

It's almost nine in the evening, finally I'm done prepping myself for the ball.

"Is Jennie done already?" I asked one of the servants.

"She is, your highness, but I'm afraid you cannot see her yet for now, Her Majesty the Queen is with her", Ah, yes. I suddenly remembered that mom wants to see her before the party.

"Right, then I'll just go down the hall already to welcome some guests. Please do accompany Jennie to me once they returned" I told them and they nodded in response.

"Yo, Lisa! Finally, you're out!" Jisoo greeted me. She's with Rosie already.

"Where's Jen?" Rosie asked.

"She's with mom but she'll return later" I assured them and they just nodded.

"So, bro... uh... I just wanna ask you." Jisoo uttered. I knitted my brows at her, she seems so uneasy. What's wrong?

"What?"

"How could you invite Niki here in the Christmas Eve Ball. Does Jennie knows about it already?" She asked.

"What? I invited Niki?!" I was shocked. I didn't do it, neither that I even thought of her.

"You didn't? But why is she holding an invitation saying that you invited her? She's basically telling people, actually"

I looked around to find her.

"Find her and bring her outta here!!" I hissed as I commanded the security team.

[Jennie's POV]

"You really look beautiful" the Queen uttered which made me smile as I was looking at myself in the mirror. I am now wearing the ball gown which the palace has prepared for me. It's really beautiful and I felt like I'm some kind of a Disney Princess in it.

"Th-Thank you, your Majesty" I gladly bowed in front of her which made her chuckle

"You really don't have to be formal like that to me. I'd prefer you just call me Mom too" she said which made me feel so happy. She's really like a mom to me despite her being the Queen.

"Thank you, Mom" I repeated and we both laughed softly.

"Better, then... please come with me. I have to show you something" she said which caught me a little off guard.

We went walked around the palace until we are in front of a large room with securities around it.

"You are the first one to see this aside from the line of successors of the crown, Jennie" she proudly said and I felt so overwhelmed.

My jaw almost dropped as soon as the doors opened revealing a large room filled with expensive jewelries.

"Wow..." My eyes watered seeing all the sparkling diamond jewelries that's filling the whole room.

"This room contains all the jewelries owned by all the Queens in the line of succession" the Queen uttered.

"You mean, all the Queens wore all of these?" I surprisingly asked.

"Hmmm... I think there's no one who had wore all of it. I mean, it's too many but... of course if you are the Queen, you can wear it all" she chuckled.

"Wow... I am really honored that you showed this to me, you Highness. It's such an honor. I didn't even know such room exists", I said and she laughed again softly.

"You know, I didn't bring you here just to show all of these to you, Jennie" she said and she accompanied me to one of the glass storages full of diamond jewelries. "I brought you here because I want you to choose whichever you like" she said making my eyes widen.

"Y-you m-mean---"

"Yes, Jennie. I think you deserve this. After everything that you have done for my daughter, I cannot think of any way I could reciprocate your love for her"

"N-no... I mean, Lisa is really something. She's not hard to love and it's not like I loved her just for something like this" I said.

"I know, Jennie. And that is why I really liked you for Lisa. She's really changed into something better. She has never been like that before. All she did was to cause us headaches but when you came, I saw her determination and she became responsible. Unlike, when she was just banging some sort of whores who are only after her wealth" the Queen explained.

I didn't know what to say after everything that the Queen has said. She's really sweet. She insisted that I pick one jewelry but even if I don't like it, she still pleased me.

"Please, Jennie? Don't be shy. You deserve it" the Queen pleaded. I looked around and I really don't know what to pick. Every piece is so beautiful and as a woman, it is really hard to choose.

"I think I like this one" I pointed at a simple diamond necklace.

"Wow... you're really a simple girl, Jennie. I expected that women would choose those with bigger stones and more expensive looking ones" the Queen said as she was surprised with the simplicity of my choice.

"Simple is much perfect" I uttered and she smiled. She walked behind me and wore me the necklace.

"It's beautiful.." I said as I looked at myself in the mirror.

"It's much more beautiful because of you" the Queen said.

---------------

I was kinda thinking if I should hurt my readers. Tbks book will be finished today... or should I just reserve your tears because my next book will be painful from the begining? 😂