Our Journey From Engagement T...

By shiprasaini1

Preeti is a simple girl like every indian girl. Her parents fixed her marriage to Siddharth who lives in Amer... More

characters name
Prologue
1. The Proposal
2. Friend talk
3. Siblings talk
4. First meet
5. Decision
6. Engagement
7. Siddharth
8. Preeti
9. Phone call
10. Karwa chauth fast
11. Preparations
12. His Arrival
13. His gift
14. Mother's scolding
15. Diwali Preparations
16. The flying cockroach
17. A date with him
18. The Sleeping Prince
19. A Car drive with him
20. Furious Siddharth
21. The Confession Of Love
22. The Red mark
23. The friend's wedding
24. The Rajma curry
25. The Football match
26. Enjoying carnival fest with him
27. First kiss
28. Diwali celebration
29. His inspiration
30. A night with him at fields
31. The last meet with him
32. The Farewell
33. The new owner of my company
34. His Ignorance
35. Broken me
36. The humilation
37. Moving on from his memories
38. Missing her
39. My new boss
41. Sharing my lunch with him
42. Giving me a lift to home
43. His kiss
44. The obsessive monster
45. My Savior
46. The party
47. Dance with him
48. Her Family
49. His pain
50. My birthday
51. Her pain
52. Shopping with him
53. The night under the moon
54. Pushing away her demons
55. Back to home
56. The angle of my life
57. Friend's wedding
58. His arrival
59. Taking care of her wounds
60. Dance with him
61. I don't deserve him
62. His confession
63. His Bride
64. Taking a step ahead
65. My wedding dress
66. Our Wedding
67. The First Night
68. Romance with my husband
69. EPILOGUE
New Story

40. His possessiveness

33.7K 1.2K 52
By shiprasaini1

Preeti's Point of view

It's been two weeks, I worked for Siddharth as his p.a. It's become hard day by day to ignore him. I always tried to ignore him but he found excuses to talk to me and increase my difficulty to ignore him.

He changed a lot in two years. He snapped out on employees just their mere mistakes. He was not like this. He was the one who treat their employees well. Every female in our office try to catch his attention but he didn't give a damn to anyone.

Everyone is afraid of his 'don't mess with me area.' Sometimes I also afraid of him when he shout on employees, though he never misbehaved with me or raised his voice.

Everyday he offers me a ride for home but I didn't accept. He know I will not go with him but he ask me daily. When I refused his request I saw hurt in his eyes, like his eyes pleading me silently to come with him and talk to him.

My feelings is same as they are two years back but I don't want to show him. I don't want to hurt again, though I wanted to ask him many questions but I keep quiet because he already told me two years back he was not in love with me so I keep trying hiding my pain from him.

I look at him. He is setting beside my chair in the meeting room. His eyes is focused on the presentation. Suddenly his eyes met mine and I looked immediately on the screen. I saw from corner of my that his lips curled up into a soft smile.

After meeting everyone got up and started leaving. I also got up to leave but a manly hand hold my wrist tightly. I looked at the hand on my wrist and the owner of the hand. Siddharth is standing there casually like he didn't do anything. I tried to free my hand from him but he tight his grip on my wrist. Everyone left the meeting room only I and Siddharth left.

"Mr. Kapoor leave my hand." I said trying to free my hand on his grip.

"Don't call me that. I don't like it when you call me Mr. Kapoor. Call me Sid or atleast Siddharth." He whispered while pulling me towards him and touch his forehead on my side head.

"You are my boss. I can't call you by your name." I whispered slowly.

"Not for you princess. You don't know how much I missed you." He whispered in my ear. It makes me weak when he called me by loving names. Tears are welled up in my eyes.

"Please don't call me princess." I whispered back in my heavy voice.

He pulled his head from my ear and looked at me.

"Why?" He asked me with curiosity.

"Because this princess is broken. Her prince whom she loved so much was broke her heart and now she is no more princess to you. I have no right on you. I'm not yours now." I whispered in my shaky voice.

"You are always mine no matter what. No one has a power to change it. We have lot more to talk." He said while caressing my cheek.

I felt a anger boiled inside me. How could he say that I'm his, when he is married to someone else. He lost me two years back. Now I'm nothing to him.

"There is nothing to talk." I said angrily.

"Trust me baby there is lot more to talk between us." He said putting his hand on my waist.

"Stop calling me that." I said taking off his hand on my waist because his hold on me making hard to control my emotions.

"Why are you ignoring me past two weeks." He said holding my wrist again.

"No I didn't, I was just doing my work." I said and free my hand from his tight grip. I pushed him little by his chest. I take my notepad from table and run from there and Tears are falling down from my eyes.

Whole day I and Siddharth played hide and seek. When he go left I go right. He also didn't bother me whole day.

It's already 7.00 PM. Only few members are left in office. I always go house late. Yes that was a house to me not a home. It felt alone there may be just because my heart feel alone all the time. So to run from this I drawn myself in my work and worked until I don't have enough energy to do work. I look at Siddhartha's cabin. He also didn't leave from office.

*******

"Are you planning to spend whole night in office." I looked up from my computer.

Siddharth is standing in front of my desk. His jacket is in his hand, his shirt is slightly untucked from his trousers. His sleeve is rolled up to his elbow and tie is loosely hung on his neck indicating that he is tired and ready to leave the office but look more handsome in his boyish look.

I immediately stood up from my seat and look at the time on wall clock in front of my desk. It's already 8.30 p.m

My eyes fell on his wrist watch. It's not one of the expensive watch which Mr. Mathew used to wear. It's a simple one, not much expensive. Why is he still wearing a watch which I gifted him. Is it really means to him.

He pull down his sleeves when he noticed I was watching his watch.

I started putting things in my handbag. After putting my lunch box and phone in my handbag, I started walking towards the elevator.

I and Siddharth get in the elevator, none of us spoke single word. We stood there silently, having our silent battle between our minds and heart. We both stealing our gaze from each other in between.

When elevator stop at the ground floor and started walking towards the road.

"Where are you going? Come with me I'll drop you." He stopped me by holding my wrist.

"No thank you. I'll take bus." I said try to free my hand.

"Are you kidding me? It's not safe going alone at this time." He said while greeted his teeth.

"I went home daily like this." I said looking at him.

His expression changed into soft one.

"Preeti...please don't be stubborn. You can pour your all anger on me. I will not say a word but please come with me. Please let me drop you home safely." He said softly. His eyes pleading me to come with him but I don't want to come near him because whenever I close to him it's hard to ignore him.

"Please let me go. I beg you. Don't let me come close to you." I whispered. He looking at me dumbly. I saw mixture hurt and guilt in his eyes. He let go of my hand and I ran from there.

I took out my water bottle from my handbag and drink it whole in one gulp to control my tears. I don't want anyone to see my tears.

I reached home at 9.30 PM. When I reached my apartment building I saw a black Lamborghini car was parked just outside of my building which is very similar to Siddharth's car. I wonder whose that car is because I live in a very Middle class area of Delhi. It's not a posh area of the city.

I started walking inside the building but suddenly I felt Someone's gaze on me. I turned back but didn't see anyone. My eyes fall in the black Lamborghini and it's still parked on its place. I turned again and walked into a building.
........................................................................

"Hello...hello..beautiful...how are you?" Kartik asked me standing opposite to my desk.

I smiled and asked him, "I'm fine. You tell how's your trip?"

"Don't ask. I was bored to death without you. You know that how much I missed you." He said with a pout.

Kartik is one of my colleague. His nature is very bubbly and known as the big flirt in the office. He always do flirt with me. I didn't say anything until it's not fun. I felt uncomfortable when Sometimes he try to crack the double meaning jokes but I step back and don't encourage him further. I shrugged it off because this is the metro city and everyone here is open minded. Not everyone here is from small town like me.

"You are not going to change, are you?" I asked him.

"No, never..I changed only one condition?" He said.

"What..?" I asked him.

"Let's go to a romantic date with me. " he said while putting his hand on mine.

I look at our hand and feel little uncomfortable when he rubbed his thumb at the back of my palm and squeezed it slightly. Other than Siddharth, I never allowed to any male to touch my hand or hold it.

I pull back my hand under his and said, " no.."

"Very straightforward answer. You are such a heartbreaker." He said with a pout.

"Aaahmmmm...aaahhhmmm..."

I opened my mouth to say something when I heard someone's throat clearing sound.

Siddharth was standing beside kartik and shooting drager towards him. If looking someone with death glare, can kill a person, kartik is dead till now.

"Preeti I want a file which I gave you yesterday." He said looking kartik angrily and kartik look at him with confusion.

I took out a file from drawer and gave it to him.
........................................................................

I felt a bit thirsty but I don't want to drink water. I want to drink soda so I make my way to the vending machine of soda. I took out a soda can from vending machine, when suddenly I felt a body warmth just behind me. I have Goosebumps all over my body and felt a sensation passing through from my neck to whole body. My heartbeats increase and I know who is standing just behind me. I can recognized his warmth even in my sleep because he is the only one who gave this kind of sensation to my body. I move little to gave him a side.

"Hey..beautiful..what are you drinking give me that." Kartik joined us and take soda from me and drink it. I felt little uncomfortable in front of Siddharth, I don't know what he is thinking right now.

"Come, today have lunch with me." Kartik said while holding my shoulder and rub his palm there.

I felt uncomfortable with his touch. I don't know but sometime kartik behaves very weird. It's just not the healthy flirting. It's more than that, that's why I make my distance to him. But he found his way to talk to me. May be he is like this with everyone. I don't want ruin anything just because of my overthinking. I can sense Siddharth heated gaze on us.

"No, thank you some other time."I said while taking his hand off from my shoulder.

"Okey..beautiful. But next time I will not leave you and have you by myself." Kartik said the last part in whisper but I heard it. I don't know but I can sense that the double meaning behind the sentence.

"Fuck.. " Siddharth hit his fist hardly on a vending machine and I jumped on my place. After taking the soda can he left from there furiously.

Siddharth didn't come out from his whole day. Neither he came outside nor he call me. Whole day he ignored me and gave me a cold shoulder.

He also didn't eat his lunch. When I asked him for a lunch he said he is not hungry. I felt bad that he didn't eat his lunch so I also skipped my lunch. I don't know why suddenly he is behaving like this. It's nothing like that he is in love with me.

I need some papers copy for meeting so I make my way to the photocopy room.

After taking out copy of every paper I put them in a conference room and make my way to my desk but someone hold my hand and pulled me into a dark room and put hand on my mouth to suppress my scream.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 3.3K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
148K 8.2K 71
" I would never be a second choice to anyone. If I need to compete with someone else for your love, I would gladly make it easier for you by taking m...
1.3M 51K 51
~Won in the Romance Category in Wattpad South Asia Awards 2021~ • Adira Singhania, 24 year old famous psychologist in Mumbai. Being completed her PhD...
248K 22K 68
𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗬𝗼𝘂 A girl who ran away from marriage, got tied in a forced marriage with a stranger Two per...