SPIDEY SENSES → SPAM & MISC

Bởi nightwvngs

SPIDEY SENSES | in which ashton likes to rant about their life, stories, and anything in between. MISCELLANE... Xem Thêm

spidey senses
⊹ .. rants
⊹ .. brainrot
. + * taylor swift songs & my ships/ocs
. + * incorrect quotes for my batfam fics
. + * taylor swift songs & my ships/ocs (dc edition)
. + * ao3 tags & my ships
⊹ .. misc
. + * my fav ts songs except i only explain thru self-deprecation
. + * that one time the milfs killed augustine finley

. + * graphic evolution: records edition

535 50 48
Bởi nightwvngs

SPIDEY
SENSES

graphic evolution:
records edition!

HELLO GUYS!
Let's be honest we all know I talk a lot about graphics/graphic design so I'm sure you're all probably sick of hearing me talk about them. But anyways, we're here for me to talk about it! More specifically my graphic evolution (hee hee) and more specific than that, it's going to be using examples from ONLY covers I've made for records.

OVERVIEW

this collage has all of the covers I've made for records that I could find — there are definitely more somewhere but these mattered the most lmao. starting from the top left corner we have my first ever manipulated cover, which was made in 2018. the bottom right corner has the most recent cover made in 2021.

looking through all of these you can see styles I was into, colorings I tended to chose for the covers, manips I continued to use, etc. all of that going to show just how long it takes to make yourself comfortable with designing and how you're constantly evolving!!

BREAKDOWN

Circa 2018: The first manipulated Records cover. For this being my first attempt at a head manip on photoshop, I feel like it isn't half bad?? The hair worked decently. It could do with better lighting but you can tell it was made by someone who had no idea what theyre doing (which is good bc I did in fact have no idea what I was doing).

Circa 2018: this one had ,,, something. Idk the png was not good (I think this was my phase of actually hand erasing everything instead of using the selection tool$ so it's a wonder that these manipulated covers even happened.

Circa 2019: this was long before I had my graphic tablet so let me tell you,,,, me & drawing hair were not friends (not that we are now it just looks better than this lmfao). the thought was there, the execution however, was not. idk the text doesn't feel right, the colorings not good, the fire doesnt look great?? all together, not my favorite.

Circa 2019: somehow in 2019 I managed to make a cover I hated and a cover I absolutely adore. now, is this one the best? no. was the idea and execution slightly there for it being only my second year on photoshop? yes!! anyways I will always be proud of this cover — it was just THAT cover for a while.

Circa 2020: this one is also from that time where I kept popping off on my Harry Potter covers, specially the records covers — it was right around when quarantine started so I hyperfixated on Harvelyn and made a new cover every couple of weeks. this one was a recreation of a prior one (that I didn't feel like showing lmao) but I loved the colors!

Circa 2020: I said it then and I will say it again, this is one of my best covers to date for records. the fire? yes! the hair? actually pretty good for only having my tablet for 2 weeks by this point! the vibes? they work with records so well 😭✋

Circa 2020: back again with the hair ,,,, ashton miss girl what were you thinking? anyways as you can see, orange is a normal color default for my records covers.

Circa 2020: this one was also pretty good, it was that era when I enjoyed using my hair brushes to add highlights to the hair which was often missing the mark, but otherwise I really enjoy this cover!

Circa 2020: scarred evelyn!! i won't go into more detail about that, but those who know, know. and those who don't, don't. the thought for this cover was there but I'm not sure it hit what I wanted to hit!

Circa 2021: the head manip do be wack and the text is hard to read — plus idk what the coloring is here? not yet he vibes.

Circa 2021: okay this one was very sexy of me, moving on.

Circa 2021: I will die on the hill that this was my most unique cover for records — it was like 3 am when I decided to try an idea I had and it worked out?? somehow I've still never used this as the actual cover for records but it's still one of my favorites.

Circa 2021: I feel like we should give this one love too, the head manip was so difficult bc the models coloring was weird but I LOVE how it turned out.

Circa 2021: this was the era of ashton popping off on records covers again bc damn this one's sexy

Circa 2021: this was the only time I've made a records cover and felt like it looks like an actual movie poster so ,,,,, 

Circa 2021: and finally we have the most recent records cover, which will probably be studying for a while bc this one is also one of my more unique ones? idk I feel like I actually pulled in the importance of the prophecy and other things for evelyn with it!

IN THE END,
we can all see that I use the same four
resources and color schemes for these
covers but ,,,, the growth is there lmao.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.8M 60.1K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
945K 21.7K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 20K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
1.3M 58.1K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC