Different (Currently Rewritin...

By bookswitharaceli

Cover by @Miss_Sarcastic27 (I'm currently rewriting this book, but I am keeping the original version up until... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Authors Note (Old Note)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
A/N: Demons
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
Sequel!

Chapter 43

60.2K 1.5K 94
By bookswitharaceli

Two days.

Two days until my pretty much inevitable death.

I shuddered at the thought. I was still afraid if death. I hated knowing that the world would continue to thrive without me. I hated thinking about how it would be like after death. I wanted to be there for the people I cared about.

But then again, I would be free. Free from this whole mess and the pain I had dealt with my whole life. But is my freedom and happiness worth seeing everyone I care about devastated? Besides, one is never really free. There will always be something stopping you from being completely free.

"Okay," I whispered, staring at the ground in front of me.

As much as I've thought about it or said it before, I didn't want to die.

This is it. I told Isla. We are going to die and no one is going to ever find us. I'll probably be left to rot out in the middle of no where.

You can escape before then. She assured.

How? How are you so sure that he couldn't just find me and drag me back here? She remained quiet.

Orion's POV

"Alpha!" One of my pack members ran to me. He was panting and drenched in sweat. He rested his hands on his knees to catch his breath.

"What is it?" I asked.

"We found a suspicious looking building." My eyes lit up in excitement.

"Get a group of about 5 people to patrol the area and have them report back to me on any little detail. Get Ace to to be in charge of this." I ordered. "Avoid being seen at all costs," the pack member nodded before taking off again in the direction he came from.

I went over to where Alpha Raymond was. Riley was by his side as he spoke to what appeared to be his head warrior.

"Alpha Raymond," I nodded professionally and he nodded as well. The warrior bowed his head to the both of us before he excused himself. "One of my pack members found a suspicious looking building. There's a group who's going to keep an eye on it and report back to me." Riley's eyes lit up as did Raymonds.

"Good," he nodded. "We better find her soon."

"We will," I said.

Hours later

Orion, I can confirm that Rayna is in that building. We saw Alec exiting it and heading into the forest.

This was it. We found her.

I was finally going to get my mate back.

My heart beat became erratic as I thought of getting to see her again.

She probably still hates me. I thought to myself. But I will make it up to her. I'll make everything I've ever done up to her.

I do deserve someone better. She had said. No matter how much it was true, I couldn't accept her being with someone else.

I can't risk being hurt again. Another thing that she had told me. The statements kept echoing in my head. I could not stop hearing them no matter how much I tried to ignore it.

Is this what guilt feels like? The constant reminder that you've done something horrible. The ongoing regret? My stomach sinks everytime I think about everything I had done.

Ace's POV

We've been watching the same place for hours. It looks vacant and no noises were hear around the place.

I was about to step out to look around to see if it was really empty when a loud creak was heard. I saw a door open and someone stepped out.

It was him.

It's him. I told the group I was with. Don't do anything though. We need to get Alpha Orion out here.

I watched as Alec walked into the side of the forest that was opposite of us.

Orion, I can confirm that Rayna is in that building. We saw Alec exiting it and heading into the forest.

He didn't respond but I know he heard me. He didn't need to say anything. I know how he was feeling.

He really loved this girl. Although he didn't show it at first. He was just scared. Scared enough to do things that were way wrong.

I waited a while before coming out of my hiding spot.

Stay here. I told the group. I'm going in there to check the place out and make sure she is really in there.

No one said anything back and I made my way to the door of the building. I made sure to keep an eye out around me to make sure he wasn't coming back. He didn't seem to have anyone guarding the building so it was relatively easy to get to it.

I reached for the handle and pulled on it, flinching at the loud creak that it made. I walked inside and let the heavy door close behind me, leaving me in complete darkness.

I patted around the wall, looking for a light switch. I finally found one after a couple of minutes and flipped it. The lights flickered on and I had to squint for a couple seconds to be able to see right.

The room looked disgusting. The walls were grimy and the ground had trash littered all over it. There were some patches of blood and I froze when I saw them.

This better not belong to who I think it might belong to. I thought to myself.

There was a large pile of boxes in the corner of the room. In another corner was what seemed to be a small kitchen with a stove, cabinets, and a small sink. On the opposite side of the room from me, there was another huge door, similar to the one I just entered. There were various colored wires coming out from the crack that sperated the door from the ground.

He's coming back Gamma Ace.

"Shit". I hissed and quickly looked for a hiding spot. I settled to hide behind the boxes as I didn't have time to think.

Right I settled down, the door opened. I peeked from between one of the boxes and in came Alec. He had a bloody rabbit in his hand. The blood was dripping onto the ground, blending in with the dried blood that was already on the floor. It put me at ease to have some sort of idea of where all the blood on the ground is from.

He hummed in confusion, "I thought I had turned off the light." My face probably turned into a ghostly pale as all the blood drained from it. I watched him shrug and walk over to the small sink and he put the rabbit in it. He then made his way to the mysterious door and opened it. The familiar creak sounded throughout the room as he entered another room.

I waited a couple of seconds before getting out from behind the boxes. I went up to the door he just went through and pressed my ear to it. There were two voices but they were muffled. I knelt down and put my head on the ground next to the crack.

I could hear the conversation that was being exchanged much better.

"Why are your hands covered in blood?" It was most definatly Rayna's voice.

"Don't worry about it," Alec said dismissively and paused. "Tomorrow's the big day!" He said cheerfully. "Here's how it's going to work." It was scary how quick his voice changed tone.

Rayna's POV

"Here's how It's going to work," He started. "When the moon is at its highest point, you're going to have to be strapped down to the chair that you were in when I first brought you here. The wires are going to be attached to you and I will pull a switch from the other side of the door," he explained.

I was petrified. I was shaking a lot from thinking about all the possible ways that I could die tomorrow.

Alec continued despite seeing my current condition, "You will slowly feel weaker and weaker. It will hurt an awful lot but why do I care? I would love to see you in pain."

This bastard.

"Anyway, the shock from the pain could kill you. But if it doesn't, losing all of your power will. So either way, you die," he grinned at me and I glared at him, sending imaginary daggers his way.

At least I now know what to expect. Fuck it, I don't think anyone would want to know how their death will feel like.
______________________________________

The next two chapters are gonna be pretty spicy!!

I'm sorry for keeping y'all waiting but I've been trying to write for y'all the last couple of days and nothing was coming out of the little raisin I call my brain. Lol. This chapter was pretty hard to write because of that.

I was also working on my new project!! It's not the sequel to this book unfortunately. The sequel will come some day soon but I haven't brainstormed anything for it.

The new book I'm working on is called "Desiree" so keep an eye out for it sometime soon!!

I'm not sure what Different, book two will be called yet but I'm going to start working on that!

Also!!! Different is just over 30,000 reads away from 100,000!! It sounds like a lot but it has been gaining reads like crazy lately so it might sneak up on me pretty soon!!

Anyways, I'll see y'all in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 698 25
Please don't reject me... please Goddess no... I don't wanna die a painful death... Sylvia, dumbfounded, thought to herself as her inner wolf Lexa an...
434K 10K 50
~~First book in Alpha Series~~ ~~~Completed~~~ This is my first book, so be warned it isn't the best. Natalie has gone through one rejection and is n...
414K 7.7K 11
The world of the supernatural was kept from humans since the begin of time. there where so many different types of supernatural creatures, from werew...
169K 4.7K 35
Highest Ranking ~^~ #1 in DarkMagic ; 14/05/2019 #2 in DarkMagic ; 13/05/2019 #72 in Werewolf ; 23/09/2017 #79 in Werewolf ; 07/1/2018 #16 in Element...