She Who Was My Love (girlxgir...

AndrewHeard8

Sequel to Forgotten Conscience, Faith attempts to deal with the consequences of the events after the battle w... Еще

Author's Note and Warning
Aftermath in Flashback
Peace is Never Easy
Helping the Hopeless
Suicide
The Go-Ahead
Butterflies Cast Doubt
Things You Do For Friends
From The Grave
Risen
Daylight
Pain and Heartache
Better Things Ahead
Evil But Good
All Dolled Up and No Place to Go
Making Things Better Tomorrow
Tomorrow
Death Was My Gift, And You Sent It Back For Credit
Mother Knows Best
She Was Happy, But We Weren't
Preparations
Just Dinner
Anything for Love
Surprise!
Dawn
A Lazy Kind of Morning
Never Be The Same Again
Desperation
Family Fun Time
Kaleidoscoping
Bad Things
Acceptance
Fall to Pieces
Trouble in Not So Paradise
Failure
Opposite Sides
Parents
Chance
Faith in Love
Love in Faith
Closer
Frustration
Truth
Healing Wounds
Mother/Daughter
Equality of Tragedy
Lobby
Happy Family
Things to Come
Coming Home
The Council
Big Secret, Bigger Problem
Secret
Blood Lies
From Bad to Worse
Uncertainty
Unwanted
The Key to the End
Battered and Bruised
Family
For the Love of...

What Happens Now?

148 6 0
AndrewHeard8

Dawn's POV

This is probably a bad idea. In the history of the world this is probably the worst idea anyone has ever thought up, and since I've been around forever I can say that and it's probably true. But I can't spend the rest of my life here in this room, no matter how fun it might sound. I gotta at least try and talk to them.

The monks may have put me where I am, they may have made up all these stupid memories in my head, and everyone else's head, but now that I'm here it's all up to me. It's my decision whether those memories mean anything. It's my decision whether my family means anything to me, whether I love them or not. And the truth is... I think I really do love them.

Despite the lying and the keeping secrets and how it all hurt me so much I wanted to kill myself, I still love them. It's because I love them that I did what I did pretty much. They're my family, they're supposed to love me and take care of me when I need it. I'm supposed to be able to trust them to be honest with me when I ask them about stuff, especially when it's about me.

But when I realized that they were talking about me behind my back, I didn't feel like that at all. I didn't feel loved or trusted or any of the things you're supposed to feel in a family. I felt alone, and afraid with no one to trust. And when I found out what they were keeping from me I felt betrayed and terrified of being more alone, and of the evil hell god who wants to find me and do something to me so she can destroy the world or something.

So I slit my wrists, hoping I could make it all stop. All the pain and the fear, I just wanted it all to stop. And it did, sorta.

I look down at my left wrist, wrapping my right hand around it just under the bandage.

It doesn't feel so bad compared to the pain of slicing your wrists open with broken glass. I'm still scared, and angry with them for lying to me and keeping the truth about me for so long from me. But more than anything I'd like to know... what happens now?

The door opens and I just stare down at my wrist.

"Dawn?"

"Come in Mom..."

She comes in with two other people and it's not like I have to guess who they are.

"Or is it Grandma?"

Then again...

"Maybe it's just Joyce."

"It's whatever you feel comfortable with as long as it doesn't involve swear words honey. How are you feeling?"

They pull up some chairs and sit down.

"Like I cut my wrists open with broken glass and nearly died, how about you?"

There's this awkward silence in the room and it makes me smile. Faith finally breaks the silence.

"Worried about you, mostly..."

I sit back in my hospital bed.

"I'm okay... I guess."

Buffy finally finds a reason to speak.

"Are you sure? You're feeling all right?"

"Well I'm alive, apparently."

"Yeah you are kid. Which is a good thing, isn't it?"

I don't say anything.

"Well I think it's a good thing, and your mom and Buffy think so too."

"Yes, we're very glad."

"We're SO glad you're all right. We were so scared you might not make it."

Yeah well they would be.

"Well I did, so stop worrying."

Again the room falls silent for a moment before Buffy speaks.

"Well, since you're feeling all right and you survived... what happened, we were wondering if there was anything you wanted to talk about."

"Not really..."

"There's nothing you want to talk about? Or maybe ask us? Nothing you want to say?"

I just keep staring down at my wrists.

"Maybe..."

"Well whatever it is, we're not gonna push you into talking about anything. Take your time..."

I look right at Faith, interrupting.

"Do you love me?"

"What? Of course I do, I love you very much I..."

"Not just, I mean, all three of you... do you guys really love me? Even though I'm just a key?"

"Yes, we do Dawn."

"We love you a lot Dawnie, you're more than just a key to us. You're family."

"Yeah kid, you're our flesh and blood."

I hold up my wrist and shake it.

"I think that message got through."

The room goes quiet for a second.

"Dawnie, honey, please don't make jokes like that. We know you're angry at us and you feel like you want to hurt us back, but we're sorry and we promise to be completely honest with you from now on. No more secrets. We were just worried that if you found out the truth, you might..."

"Hurt myself?"

"Yes..."

"Well I did, so I guess you know me pretty well."

"Dawn..."

Buffy reaches out and touches my hand. All the sudden this weird feeling washes over me. I look down at her hand on mine and then look her in the eyes.

"You had every right to be mad at us, and you still do. We'll do whatever it takes to get you to trust us again, to make you feel safe, the way a family should be."

"And what kind of family are we exactly? I don't know of anyone who has three mothers. I'm not really sure I like the idea myself."

"We'll just have to figure it out together. We can just go with whatever feels normal."

"Nothing about this feels normal, nothing about me feels normal. I don't know how to feel about any of this."

Faith puts her hand on Buffy's and that weird feeling gets even worse.

I really don't feel right.

I pull my hand away and they seem hurt by it.

"You don't have to figure everything out right away kid. We can just take things day by day and sooner or later, it will make sense."

"I may not get a chance to take it day by day..."

"What do you mean Dawnie? Why would you say something like that?"

I take a long deep breath.

"Because of Glory..."

"Dawn, we're not going to let that thing touch you. We'll keep you safe from her and anything that she throws our way. Besides, she doesn't even know you're what she's looking for, and she won't figure it out."

"I did..."

"What?"

"I figured it out, and I'm just some stupid little kid made out of a key."

Faith tries to reach out to me again but I pull away, making her stop.

"You're not stupid Dawn."

"Maybe not, but I'm betting that Glory is smarter than me, and she's stronger than you two. I just don't think that when she comes..."

"IF she comes Dawn, IF she comes..."

"I just don't think that WHEN she comes, there will be anything anyone can do to stop her."

"Dawn, I've gone up against her and in one punch I put her straight through a brick wall. We might not know if we can stop her, but at least we know that I've probably got what it takes to go toe to toe with her. That's something isn't it?"

I look down at my feet.

"I guess..."

Grandma provides her two cents.

"Everything will work out Dawn, don't worry."

"An evil hell god wants to hurt me, or kidnap me... maybe even kill me, I can't, not worry about it. It probably would've been better if you'd let me die, at least then I know I wouldn't have destroyed the world."

"Don't say that Dawn, we'll protect you."

I lie down on my bed, turning away from them as I do.

"Whatever..."

They don't say anything because they know I'm right.

They know that they don't have a chance against her and I'd be better off dead.

"Dawn we don't even know that what Glory wants with you is to destroy the world. It could be something less horrible, something that won't hurt you."

"How many hell gods do you know of who are cute and cuddly and don't want to hurt anyone?"

Silence...

"That's what I thought... just leave me alone..."

"Dawn..."

"Go away, I wanna be alone."

After a few moments of not speaking I hear them getting up and leaving. Buffy decides to make a statement.

"Dawn, I know you don't want to believe us right now, but we are going to protect you from Glory no matter what, and when all this with her is over you'll get that chance to figure out exactly what everything means. We're gonna go now, but we'll be back soon all right?"

Why does everyone have to make a statement before leaving me alone?

The three of them leave after I don't say anything.

At least I know they really do love me, they aren't just faking it because of the fake memories. And I know they're going to at least TRY to protect me, even though they can't. That's gotta mean something.

Glory's POV

I walk into this hell hole they call a magic shop.

"You'd think I'd feel at home in a hell hole, but apparently not."

"Yes, your godliness. The pitiful state of this entire dimension pales in comparison to your incredible glowing beauty."

"Stop sucking up and show me what you've got. This better be good."

One of the pieces of crap I've got working for me walks up to me, kneels down and presents a book to me, open to a particular page.

"We believe we may have found that which you most desire."

Three more of them kneel before me and they all speak in unison.

"THE KEY!"

Really?

I snatch the book from the grubby hands that has been holding it. I look over the book and the writing is so small it would make my head hurt to try and read it.

"One of you give me the gist of it will you?"

"Yes, your holiness. This particular book makes reference to The Key several times, but on this particular page it says that the key was made into a sister for the slayer."

A sister for the slayer?

"So that rug rat you saw running out of this place..."

"Was the slayer's sister, and therefore, THE KEY!"

I smile big and it makes all the minions around me cower even more.

My key, I've found my perfect key at long last. I've got to go get it.

"Are the preparations for the ritual complete?"

"They are your greatness. All that is required is to make the key itself ready which will begin as soon as the key is recovered."

"Do we know where the key is?"

"She is at the hospital for some strange reason."

Perfect...

"Then I guess it's about time I collect my pretty little..."

I start walking toward the door so I can go fetch my key but that feeling in me stops me.

"No... now is not the time for this Ben. I have to get my key."

The feeling gets stronger.

"Go away, leave me alone."

His body rips itself through mine.

Ben's POV

What the hell? Where am I? What am I doing here?

I look around and we're in some sort of magic shop, and then I look down at my clothes and I'm wearing a silk dress.

"Or maybe I should say what the hell is Glory doing here?"

"It's not your concern, please just hand me the book and we shall leave..."

I look at the book in my hands. I pull it away from them as they try to grab it, kicking one of Glory's minions to keep him back.

Something important has happened, and it has something to do with this book. Did she find it? Did she find the key?

I start looking over the page that was open in Glory's hands.

The monks had to be sure the slayers would protect the key with their lives. So they sent the key to the slayers in the form of a child, in the form of Dawn.

Oh my god... Dawn?

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

(Gxg) This Is How You Get Her Back L.A.

Любовные романы

810K 37K 36
[Completed] Sometimes, exes come back, and so do forgotten feelings. And if the universe hates you enough, it's your girlfriend's first love who show...
Mended Hero AuraAMoon

Фэнтези

130 3 49
Sequel to Broken Hero. God has a plan for Eclipse and Anna but whatever it is, He's not sharing. Eclipse's past still haunts the two as surprises lay...
14.3K 338 22
Dawn sets her sights on self-discovery and Faith decides to go along with her. They both discover something they didn't plan.
Daughter of Lucifer (GirlxGirl) Book 1 Sarah♥

Подростковая литература

8.7M 316K 109
"Forgive me Lord for I had sex with Lucifer's daughter" It's Hell on Earth when the Dark Lord's daughter starts Highschool and she's nothing you'd ex...