My Unrequited Love

By Asterial_melina

More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FIFTEEN🦋
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
AUTHOR'S NOTE
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
URGENT (NEED YOUR OPINION)
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
NEW STORY
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
EPILOGUE
BONUS CHAPTER, ONE

FOURTEEN

12.5K 595 140
By Asterial_melina

Isi Khayal Mein Guzri
Shaam-E-Gham Aksar,

Ke Dard Hadd Se Barhega
Toh Muskura Dungi....

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The whole ride she kept quiet looking out of the window hearing Asmara's bickering which was only entertained by Mustafa and that too by answering her in short sentences.

"Can someone ask her to shut up cause I am getting irritated now ?"

Osama whispered groaning but instantly changed his expressions when he saw his brother looking at him with hard expressions from rear view mirror to which he smiled over sweetly at his brother in return.

"You think we are dying to hear her voice. Only I know how am I tolerating her high pitched voice."

Aamina whispered back inside Osama's ear unaware of Mustafa's gaze on them.

"Shhhh.... Keep quiet bhaai is looking at us only."

Osama warned to which Aamina rolled her eyes and glared at her big brother who was looking towards them only.

"Ahhhh.. He is behaving like that witch's pawn who she had set up against his own family."

"Look he is glaring at me now."

Aamina whined looking at Mustafa who was no doubt glaring at her.

"You aren't the only one he was glaring at, I too am included in his hit list."

Osama looked at his elder sister sympathysing with her but she was busy glaring at their older brother and he was glaring at her back with equal zeal.

"Hats off to you sister you are giving him tough competition. I aspire to be like you."

He patted her shoulder when his eyes met his older brother who heard him, his concerntration now fixed on him making poor Osama shudder in fear.

Giving him an apologetic smile Osama towards Maria who's eyes were closed as if she was sleeping.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up...."

He started singing inside her ear to wake her up which she did after few seconds clutching her chest and gasped when she found Osama grinning at her.

"Insaano ki tarah utha nahi sakte tum Osama ?"

She scolded him thinking they have arrived and he was waking her up for that sole reason.

"I am getting bored partner."

Ignoring her scolding, he kept his head on her shoulder and whined like a baby asking for a chocolate.

"Your fault. I can't do anything about it."

She pushed him lightly maintaining distance and folded hands on her chest and looked out of the window, ignoring him.

"Entertain me partner."

He turned her towards himself making a cute pout which she couldn't resist and gave him a small smile, a genuine one. It felt good to smile after so long even if it was a small smile. Even when the pain was same. Even when she was breaking inside, it felt good to smile and it was only because of Osama. And she was thankful to him.

"Thank you."

Her eyes sparked with tears which were there but invisible to everyone.
Except her best friend who was looking at her.

"For what ?"

He turned serious noticing her glistened eyes, sensing something wrong with her and turned to wipe one lone tear which leaked out of her eye even when she tried her best to hide it.

"For being you. For being my idiot, my monkey."

"Yaar.... Ek baar to dhang se tareef Kar deti. Saamne wala banda khush hi ho jata."

He was happy for bringing a smile on her face but he wanted more and he succeeded when she did smiled and it was a pure one, just like her.

"You deserve those titles Osama."

Aamina too joined them smirking at him. The trio ignored both Mustafa and Asmara the whole ride giving satisfaction to Mustafa and saddening Asmara who felt neglected whole ride.

"Can you please go and call both of them cause I swear I can't stand that girl for a minute ?"

As soon as they were done with the shopping Aamina wanted to sit down and fill her stomach with food. She along with Osama and Maria were starving.

"I don't want to face bhaai's wrath so I won't go too."

Osama raised his hands shuddering in fear remembering his brother's intense glare so he sweetly smiled at Maria who was looking at him knowing what he was about to say next.

"No, I won't go too. Call him and ask him to come here but I won't go."

Before he could say anything she spoke making him smile at her amusedly.

"Woah.... You read minds too fatty. I am impressed."

"I don't. It's just that I know you so it's not difficult for me to guess what are you thinking."

She shrugged her shoulders telling it was no new deal for her.

"Okay guys, you can continue your conversation at home but one of you should go and call bhaai then we'll have lunch together and finally go home."

Aamina stopped their banter turning their attention towards her.

"Call him."

"His phone is not reachable so you have to go."

"But..."

"Please Osama."

Maria too tried convincing him which he reluctantly did after seeing her request him which only happened once in a blue moon.

"I swear, you two are too good at blackmailing."

Grumbling he left and came with the couple after few minutes. They all sat inside an Italian restaurant and ordered their lunch.

MARIA ALI AHWAAN'S POV

They both were sitting together. Asmara's eyes were trailed on him and his on her's. It was like whole world was non existent to both of them and the only thing mattered at that time was them.

Just the two of them.

She was feeding him with a small smile on her face and he accepted it without hesitation. I think he noticed someone's gaze on himself when he turned to look at me. He froze.
Maybe he is able to detect pain in my eyes. My eyes which he said hold the universe in them. The every inch of it.

I think he is able to detect the gloom in that universe and the darkness surrounding it. I don't want him to see me like that. I don't want to show him my vulnerable side anymore. It's not that I want him to be guilt ridden but because I know he is not and he will never be. Afterall, he is great Mir Mustafa Ahwaan and he does what he pleases. He won't understand me at all as he wasn't the one who lost his best friend and the love of his life at the same time.

Losing the person you love is painful but losing your best friend is unbearable. Life feels like a never ending nightmare, an endless abyss with no way out.

Toring my gaze away from him I look down and start playing with my food not having an appetite to it anymore.
From the corner of my eyes I look at her who is now whispering something inside his ear to which he hummed and turned to look towards her when she smiled and brought her napkin towards his lips wiping the little sauce, all the while looking in his eyes to which he smiled at her.

"Excuse me."

Without looking at them I got up from my place unable to bear the lava of emotions inside me which were seconds away from being exposed in front of the whole world.

"Where are you going ?"

Osama held my hand stopping me but I smiled at him trying to control my eyes from leaking out tears and answered him with difficulty.

"Washroom."

"Are you okay ?"

No, I am not and you can't do anything about it.

"I am."

Rushing towards the washroom, I locked it and slided down towards the door, my tears relieved sliding through my eyes effortlessly.

I guess that's how unrequited love feels like: your heart aches seeing them together; your stomach drops seeing them smile; your lungs about to burst seeing them close, too close.

I am loving him to the point where it is physically hurting me now. His love is turning me into a person I never was. His love is suffocating me to the point I want to break loose but I am unable to. His love is cursed in my veins like poisened blood which is rotting me everyday.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Half an hour passed and still she didn't came. Everyone at the table was now getting stressed for her. It was when Mustafa noticed the manger of the restaurant roaming frantically asking people to evacuate the place. They got to know the place had caught fire and that's why people were rushing towards the exit.

"Osama go home and drop Asmara to her's. I will go, find her and bring her back home."

Standing up from his place Mustafa asked them to go to home which Asmara tried protesting when his glare and harsh words shut her up

"But...."

"I. SAID. LEAVE."

Without wasting more time he turned towards the direction of washroom where she said she was going. His heart was palpitating inside his chest thinking of worst possible scenarios.

The smoke was increasing and it was difficult for him to see let alone trace her. It was getting difficult for him to breathe but he was determined not to leave without her. The fire around him was making him fearful for her.
For her safety.

Finally after sometime he reached washroom when he saw it's door caught in fire too just like the area around them and there was continuous knocking from the other side.

"Maria... Are you there ? Can you hear me ?"

"I am...I am stuck. Help me, please."

Her loud cries could be heard with a series of painful coughs indicating the smoke reached inside too.

"Relax, I am coming. Don't worry."

"I can't bre-breathe and it's g-getting dif-difficult for me to keep my e-eyes open..."

Her laboured breathing could be heart and it felt like she was losing her conciousness, tensing him up. He wanted to reach her as quickly as he could as it was difficult for him too, the smoke rendering him to breathe with difficulty just like her.

"No.... Don't close your eyes and talk with me.....Try keeping your eyes open.... Please. I am coming. Just please don't close your eyes.... Please."

He started kicking hard on the door asking her to stay away from it. His kicks got more aggressive when she stopped talking even after his pleadings. And finally after few minutes of kicking the door finally broke.

"Maria..."

He found her laying on the floor and rushed quickly towards her and pulled her in his lap, removing the locks of hair covering her face to see whether she was awake or not.

Her eyes were open slightly and breathing was very low, almost on the verge of collapse. There were many red spots on her hand indicating she got burned when she tried opening the door of the washroom. Apparently the lock of the door was very hot which burned her hand when she tried opening it.

"Don't close your eyes. Please, for me. Please....."

Her droopy eyes were alarming, knocking all breath out of him, making his heart restless and beat fastly at an uncontrollable rate in fear.

"S-sorry."

Her eyes started closing even when she tried her best to keep them open which alarmed him and he stood up carrying her in his arms walking fast to get out as soon as possible.

"Maria....Show me your beautiful eyes. Please, I need to see them.....Please."

But it was too late. Her eyes were closed and he was holding a lifeless girl in his arms.

"Maria...."

"Maria...."

"You can't die on me. I won't let you."

He screamed, cried and even shouted at her but it was all useless now. Maybe she was gone.

Forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Salam everyone,

How are you finding the story so far ?

Please do comment and vote. It's a request.

PS. More drama, more tears on the way.

Till next time,
Allah Hafiz ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

473K 21.1K 42
Edited Irfa Zafar had never thought that in a span of an year her life would turn upside down. She hadn't expected her qadr to play like this. It was...
47.8K 2.1K 23
Mujh sy shadi karogi tum."( you'll marry me.) He proposed to her in a serious tone. "That's not fair Arham bhai!" She whined. "It's Arham for you!" H...
149K 8.3K 9
Hamdaani Heirs #5 The story of Musa and Hania. Of their unbridled passion and unconditional love. Of them exploring the sinfully pleasurable aspect...
37.1K 1.2K 22
IZTIRAAR اِضْطِرار The perfect word to describe her helplessness. Can you love and lose. Can you hate Can you choose. Insia wanted to fight for her...