Someone Like You

By KirstieH

He's a player, he's hot and he's stubborn. Everyone knows it- especially him. Shes never been kissed, she's u... More

Chapter One- The First Day
Chapter Two- Caleb Freaking Conners
Chapter Three- The Bet
Chapter Four- The Greatest Person Ever
Chapter Five- The Conner's
Chapter Six- Bestfriends Forever?
Chapter Seven- You've Got Quite The Girl Here
Chapter Eight- This Means War
Chapter Nine- All Because Of You
Chapter Ten- My Own Personal Hell
Chapter Eleven- Lie After Lie
Chapter Twelve- Who Do You Think You Are?
Chapter Thirteen- You Can't Fool Me
Chapter Fourteen- Freash Tears
Chapter Fifteen- Revenge Is Sweet
Chapter Sixteen- The Declaration Of War
Chapter Seventeen- I Really Don't Like You
Chapter Eighteen- Not Everyone Is Blind
Chapter Ninteen- Unexpected News
Chapter Twenty- My New Boyfriend?
Chapter Twenty-One- Breakups And Challenges
Chapter Twenty-Two- I'm Falling For You, I Mean What?
Chapter Twenty- Three- You're Going Down
Chapter Twenty-Four- The Flaws Of Operation 101
Chapter Twenty- Five- The Realisation
Chapter Twenty-Six- A List, Love And The Past
Chapter Twenty- Seven- Pain Mixed With Blood
Chapter Twenty- Eight - That's The Problem
Chapter Twenty- Nine- Bring On The Charm
Chapter Thirty- The Best Day Ever. Not.
Chapter Thirty- One- You Deserve Better
Chapter Thirty-Two- Glue Can't Piece This Mess Together
Chapter Thirty-Three- Dancing With The Past
Chapter Thirty- Four- Well, I Didn't Expect That
Chapter Thirty- Five - Stop Hoping And Start Forgetting
Chapter Thirty- Six- So Naive
Chapter Thirty- Seven- Let The Camping Begin
Chapter Thirty- Eight - Alley + Caleb = BFF
Chapter Thirty- Nine- My Obsession Over You, Is Not Healthy
Chapter Fourty - I Dont Know What I'd Do Without My Two Bestfriends
Chapter Fourty Two - Consequences
Chapter Fourty Three- Betrayal Was Not My Ultimate Goal
Chapter Fourty- Four - Invitations
Chapter Fourty- Five - Friends With A Heated Moment?
Chapter Fourty Six, Part 1 - Mistake Of The Year
Chapter Fourty Six, Part 2 - Far Far Away
Chapter Fourty- Seven- Rule Number One, Never Trust The Devil
Chapter Fourty- Eight- Don't Mess With The Game Player
Chapter Fourty- Nine- My Life Sucks
~ Trailer ~
Chapter Fifty- Silence Is Deafening While Heartbreak Is Unbearable
Chapter Fifty- One- Camp Is Not A Happy Place To Be
Chapter Fifty Two - I Miss You
Chapter Fifty- Three- I'm Sorry, What Did You Just Say?
Chapter Fifty- Four- The Truth Is Revealed
Chapter Fifty Five- I Confess, I Love You
Chapter Fifty- Six- Checkmate
Chapter Fifty- Seven- Definitely Worth It
Chapter Fifty- Eight- Luckiest Girl In The World
Chapter Fifty- Nine- Goodbyes And Forgiving
Chapter Sixty- Perfect Ending For You Nerd Girl
Sequel To Someone Like You
ONE MILLION READS

Chapter Fourty- One- To Friendship

28.3K 438 58
By KirstieH

CHAPTER FOURTY- ONE

I stood beside my locker, frowning.

"Can't remember your passcode?" I turned towards Aiden.

"Can't you remember where your locker is?"

He smirked. "It's right here." Aiden walked a few steps a head of me and swiftly opened his lock. At least some could do theres. I wish it was still holidays. I mean come on, how had they gone so quick? Time always goes fast when youre having fun. Especially with Caleb.

....I mean that in an non dirty way.

I gave Aiden an annoyed look which soon turned to horror when I saw the picture on his locker. He gave me a confused frown as I instantly walked over and stared at his locker door.

Slowly, a blush formed on his cheeks.

"You have a photo of me." I said in a robotic voice. The picture was me in a a red puffed out dress and red lipstick. I was sitting on the grass and smiling up at the camera... I looked pretty good. On the bottom of the page was Caleb's name and it looked as if it was pulled out of an magazine. Holy crap.

When the hell did that come out!

"Uh yeah- I found it in Caleb's mums magazine. My mum buys a copy and I thought it was a really nice photo-"

Apart of me clicked that he was babbling. He was nervous. "When?" I demanded.

"Last day before holidays." He had this look on his face- half apologetic and half that he wanted to die.

"Why?"

He pursed his lips. "You know why." He whispered.

My fury finally hit the roof. "No I don't!" I hissed and ripped the paper down.

"You can't jus have pictures of me in your locker Aiden, it's not like we're going out!"

Yeah... After that my heart sunk. I suddenly felt really bad for saying that. Especially when this hurt puppy look came on his face. "I know that Alley."

But I couldn't stop. "I don't know what the hell you're doing with that photo anyway!"

"What?" He snapped. "You think I'm standing in the corridor pleasuring myself?"

My cheeks started to flame.

Oh dear god. Why me?

"J-just do be creepy!" I balled the paper in my fist. "You can't have photos of me in your locker."

"Why? Because I'm not Caleb?" Sarcasm dripped from his voice. "Because you'd rather have him have pictures of you in his locker?"

"This isn't about him!" I snapped. "Just leave me alone."

"Gladly." And with that Aiden slammed his locker door closed and stormed down the corridor.

Again with the why me? First day back at school and already there's drama? Kill me now.

I sat in my chair next to Blake fumbling with my pen. He was smirking.

Of course.

I mean honestly, does the guy do anything else? Did the wind like change his appearance to always being a smirking jerk?

Hayden on the other hand sat on the side of me looking extremely bored. Every now and then his eyes would shift to me. I sat there with my arm crossed as I stared at the bored glumly.

To be honest, I think he was staring at my boobs.

Not cool.

Mrs Norway spoke in a droopy sort of way that made me want to shoot myself. The door suddenly opened, making everyone sit up.

I frowned and looked at the principles hand. It was a pink note. Prom Queen nominations. I'd heard Sam say something about nominating for something the last day of school for holidays but I didn't really think much of it.

I mean come on, not everyone had to vote right? Well, I didn't.

Mr K looked extremely uncomfortable. Like he really did not want to be here. That made the two of us. I could see Mel practically leaning forward in her chair with excitement. I mean seriously who knew that she wants to be queen? Even Sam on the other side of the room had an excited glee in her eye. Why was she so excited? Her eyes met mine and they sparked with anticipation.

I knew that look.

It was a bad look.

Oh dear god, what has she done? Was that why I haven't seen her this morning? Does she have something up her sleeve?

I turned away from her, still frowning. My mind instantly skipped to the second week of holidays- detention with Caleb. Mel didn't come, thank god. Which actually made it enjoyable. Sam, Aiden, Oliver, Caleb and I all had to wash off spray can paint from the side of the school. It was kind of fun - in a weird kind of way. But only because we ended up throwing the water at each other , talking and laughing the whole time.

I snapped to the present as Mr K started speaking. Poor guy had to go around each class telling everyone this. "The following nominates for Prom Queen are in this room. Melanie, Sophia, Sienna and-" Typical. So, so typical. "Alley."

I froze, say what?

Everyone's eyes fell on me as I instantly sat up in my chair. I was sure that my eyes were wide enough that they could be permanently that way. Just like Blake's constant smirk.

My eyes met very cold blue eyes across the room. The way Mel was looking at me. I was sure that she was about to eat me.

I winced and slunk back in my chair as everyone continued to stare. I swear if there was a competition for being able to stare at someone for a long time- this school would win.

I made my way to the lunch room as my nerves rose. I was walking by myself. Usually I'm not one of those girls who ask there friend to walk everywhere with them like if the bathroom was two steps away and you ask your friend to walk with you, only because you don't want to look like a loner. But right now I was feeling like one of those people.

I wanted Sam. Because I honestly did not want to have to walk into that cafeteria and face down Mel's wrath. My steps were basically robotic the time that I made it into the cafeteria.I didnt turn around when I walked inside but went straight to the line. Once I grabbed my tray and my food, I hesitantly turned around.

My eyes landed on Mel- she smirked. "Alley! Over here!"

A bad feeling instantly filled my stomach as I walked over. Sophia was the first to speak, "You were nominated for Prom Queen."

I stood there awkwardly. "I didnt want it."

Sienna raised her eyebrow. "Do you know who was nominated for Prom King?"

"Uh no." I frowned.

"Aiden, Blake, Oliver and..." She paused as a bitchy look passed over her face. "Caleb."

"I didnt-"

"Know?" Sienna snapped. "Well you should know that Prom Queen is Mel's not yours you little-"

"You should come out tonight with us A." Mel suddenly interrupted. "Theres a party on at the beach." She rose from her chair and gave me a big juicy smile. "Ill pick you up at ten."

Sophia and Sienna's mouths opened in shock before they quickly followed her out the door. "What happened?" Sam was suddenly beside me, holding onto her tray.

"I think that Mel just invited me to a party." I said blankly.

"Excellent." An evil smirk covered her lips. "Now all you need to do is get on her good side and take her down."

I gave her a surprised look. "How do you even expect that to happen when you made everyone nominate for me for Prom Queen?"

"Thats just a flaw." She shrugged. "I'm just trying to get everyone to like you."

"Why would I-" I stopped. "Sam I'm not replacing Mel when she finally leaves."

"Ah hah!" She shouted, everyones heads turned towards us. Sams cheeks burned a red and she whispered. "So you do want to do it!" Before I could reply that evil grin was back. "Strap in your boots everyone because Alley Sanders is about to take down Mel."

I frowned. "Do you always have to be so weird? And I don't know if I can go tonight. I'm moving out of the Conners tonight remember? My parents are coming home."

Her face fell. "Oh right." Sam frowned. "Dammit, I bet you that Caleb's going with Oliver. I wanted to really use that jealousy tatic thing on him."

I blinked as it all hit me. Tonight I'll be just like all the other girls that Caleb's ever hooked up with then, then I might just get his attention. I hesistated before saying, "I'll see if I can make it."

"Thats my girl." Sam grinned.

I hesistated before knocking, "Come in." Caleb called.

I opened the door and dropped my bag in the doorway. "Hey, how are you feeling?"

Caleb sat on his desk chair and turned around. "I'm faking." He smirked. "I forgot to finsih my holiday homework."

I shook my head and sat on his bed. "Well, you missed out on a pretty eventful day."

He raised his eyebrow. "Oh?"

"Yeah I was uh.." I paused. "Nominated for Prom Queen."

"Huh." The room fell silent. "Was I nominated for Prom King?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm thinking about dropping out though."

"Oh." He frowned. "I was going to ask if you wanted to go with me." He suddenly smirked. "We could be Prom King and Queen." He winked. My mouth opened in shock as I stared at him blankly. He frowned again. "It was only an idea, we don't have to."

"No, no!" I winced, why did I just have to shout? "I'd love to!" And still I keep shouting... What is wrong with me?

He grinned. "Awesome."

There was another silece where he stared behind me while still smiling. "I gave our baby back today." That weekend that we went camping Mrs Conners had taken care of it for us. "Sam got a D." I smiled. "You should have seen Mrs Holts face when Sam gave it to her."

"What happened to Aidens?" He grinned.

"He made Amy look after theres for the whole time and she told Mrs Holt so he failed as well."

He shook his head. "Can't believe Caleb Junior is gone."

I laughed, "Anyway, I just wanted to say goodbye." I smiled. "Thanks for giving me the best holidays ever."

He smirked. "Admit it the list was a good idea."

I shook my head."Never."

Caleb shrugged. "What else happened today?"

"I'm going to the beach tonight for some party, Mel invited me."

He frowned. "What? Are you going?"

"Are you?"

"No." He laughed. "It's Mel's party why would I go to that? And why did Mel invite you? You can't be thinking about going right?"

I have never heard Caleb ask so many questions at one time. "I am going."

"Why?" He frowned. "It's obviously one of her plots agaisnt you."

I paused before I spoke. I couldn't think of an better excuse then this one. What else was I meant to say? I want to go because I want to see your reaction when I flirt with other guys. "I want to."

Besides I already knew what his response was going to be before he even said it. Caleb sighed, "Fine, I'll go to." He gave me a weird look as if was trying to suss out why I wanted to go. Did he think that I wanted Mel to make a plot against me? Far from it. Besides we seemed to be on good terms. Sure it was a little weird her all of a sudden need to be my friend but maybe shes just putting all this behind her. She must be over Caleb. "Do you want me to pick you up?"

"Uh-" It couldn't be another plot against me because if it was that would mean that she defiantly is not over Caleb. Plus if that was the case then what Sam and I were planning against her would suddenly be really cruel right? No, I decided. She bought this on herself when she started making my life a living hell. Sam and Sophia are right. She needs to go.

"Alley?"

Geez, I must look really weird looking deep in thought like this. "Um no, I already have a lift."

He gave me another strange look when I got up from the bed and opened the door. I flashed a smile, "I'll see you tonight."

"I don't care who's going Alley." Mum exclaimed. "I just got back from the hospital. Don't you want to spend some time with me?" I looked down at my mother on the couch while biting onto my lip. "I want to know all about your holidays and the time you spent at the Conners."

I swallowed hard. I wanted to stay, I really did... but the thing was that I didn't want our conversation to turn towards her cancer. The truth was that when she walked straight in the door and hugged me, she would have told me that the cancer was gone and that she'd be fine. I wanted her to be fine though what I didn't want was our conversation to turn towards the unsuccessful adventures of going to Los Angeles.

She frowned at me. "What's wrong?"

I sighed, "I just really wanted to go."

"I want to spend sometime with you. I don't care if Caleb or Sam's going."

"I cant change your mind can I?" I muttered.

She shook her head while giving me a putty look. I swallowed another chunk of spit down my dry throat. I couldn't stay here. She looked so fragile and white, she looked sick and I hated it.

I wanted to her to get better already.

I nodded mutely and whispered. "I'll be right back." Though I wasn't and I lied. Two minutes later, I Alley Sanders past geek climbed out of her window and snuck out of home. Something the old Alley Sanders would never have dreamed to do. I was going to be in so much trouble when I got home.

Though, when I walked outside I spotted a puke of pink in my drive way. Was anyone else totally freaked out that Mel knew where I lived?

All raise your hands in yes. Okay, I rest my case.

Yeah, my thoughts get weird sometimes.

I opened the polished door to find Mel bobbing her head up and down to One Directions - One Thing. Oh dear god, this explains a lot.

She smirked at me, "You ready to party tonight?"

I shrugged, "Uh sure."

Mel didn't say anything else as we drove down to the beach. I sat uncomfortably in her car as she grinned the whole way. Some people just have really evil smiles.

The night was warm without a cloud in the sky as we approached the beach. There was a bonfire with people around it. All talking and drinking.

Most of the girls seemed to be walking around in there bikinis and short shorts. I looked down at my denim short shorts and my bikini that I was wearing under my black singlet. Suddenly I felt really underdressed or should I say overdressed?

The car stopped and Mel got out of the car revealing a bright pink bikini, she was also wearing a long cotton black skirt that made her look extremely good. Why did Caleb dump her again? Oh yeah because she has a terrible personality.

I followed Mel while grinning to myself. Thank god she could not read my head and all the mean stuff I say about her.

Mel stopped near her usually possy. Sienna and Sophia gave me both juicy smiles.

"Well you came." Sienna smirked. "You ever been to a party before Alley?"

I frowned, "Uh yeah."

She shook her head while still smirking. "Funny because this isn't your usual princess party."

I glared at her, "I went to Mel's house party last time remember?" It was funny because before going there, the last party I went to was my 6th princess party.

"Then let lose, take off your top and have a drink." Mel suddenly thrusted a drink in my hand.

"Uh I donno." I looked down at the coloured stuff in the red cup. Mum always told me that that stuff would kill off my brain cells. And I need them. "I'm not meant to-"

Mel suddenly let off a high pitched laugh, causing the other girls to laugh along. "Well the fact that you just said those four words means that you need to." She gave me a long look and shook the cup. "Were your friends Alley, we wont let anything happen to you."

"Friends?" I said the word uncertainly while frowning, like I was some foreign who didn't speak english.

They all nodded and sync as if they'd practiced this before. It was kind of creepy.

"Let's let go of this constant war between us Sanders and become friends." Mel shrugged.

I grabbed the cup from her hands and held it out. Mel had another drink in her hand and I noticed that all the other girls had one to. "To friendship." I grinned.

They all nodded and clinked there glasses to mine while grinning wickedly. What have I made myself get into?

-----------------------------

Heey guys sorry it's taken me a whole to update, Ive had exams this week (which was kind of a good thing because I was able to write chapters in private study) and it was my birthday on Friday so woooo hahaa. Tell me whatcha thought about this chapter, I wonder If any of you have predicted whats about to come haha.

I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION.

LOVE THIS STORY? A LOT? KNOW THE CHARACTERS? DO YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE TRAILERS?

THAT'S RIGHT. IM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE A TRAILER FOR SOMEONE LIKE YOU. INBOX ME IF YOU'RE INTERESTED! :)

soxoxooxooxox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 843 44
Cameron King is just fresh out of a break up with Kim, a nerd. Everyone believed that she and Cameron were meant to be yet another cliche of the nerd...
47.1M 1.3M 47
A painful breakup pushes Kyla Evans to get into a fake relationship with the person her ex-boyfriend hates the most: Seth Everett. But what will she...
18.2M 428K 52
Explicit Context... Successful, hard working, and no tolerance for non-sense attitude made Khloe Sparks the sophisticated, and cold hearted woman peo...
322 144 82
You know that feeling when the player of the school suddenly picks interest in you? "What do you want?" I faced him. He was really getting on my nerv...