Destroy Me [ ON HIATUS/TODORO...

By laurhaus

โ› ๐“ฃhe smile that you gave me; even when you felt like dying.โœ โ†ณ ๐’aito Asami. Arranged marriages have been m... More

[ note ]
[ saito asami. ]
[ playlist. ]
[ 01. ]
[ 02. ]
[ 03. ]
[ 04. ]
[ 05. ]
[ 06. ]
[ 07. ]
[ 08. ]
[ 09. ]
[ 10. ]
[ 11. ]
[ 12. ]
[ 14. ]

[ 13. ]

1.4K 89 28
By laurhaus

The music from the ballroom could be heard from outside the doors. Todoroki could feel her fingers gently trembling around his elbow. She was determined, though, her features hardened.

"Saito."

Asami turned her head to look at him. The light caught each pearl, shining like her ocean eyes. He swallowed and turned his gaze toward the double doors.

"You look like you are going into battle. You need to relax."

She nodded, and he visibly watched her try to release the tension in her shoulders. Her blue dress had a little sparkle to it that caught the light with slight iridescence. Todoroki suddenly felt insecure about his expensive suit.

He pushed open the double doors. They walked together into the ballroom. Asami felt her breath catch in her throat at the sight of all the heroes and primary celebrities.

"My son!" Endeavor boomed, making his way through the crowd. Eyes began to wander over toward the two. Asami clutched Todoroki tighter. He put his opposite hand on hers.

"Father," Todoroki responded without emotion. Endeavor looked between the two, smiling at Asami.

She immediately broke into a respectful bow and then lifted her head. He was practically beaming as whispers erupted around them.

"You have many people to meet," Endeavor said. Off to the side, as Asami felt her eyes scan the crowd. She was extremely uncomfortable, it was too much for her, but she had to keep a brave face.

"We are here for an appearance, and that is all," Todoroki insisted.

"Very well. You must stay for a little while." He smiled and then walked off toward another group of adults. It was clear they were the youngest there.

Todoroki caught sight of a familiar face. Fuyumi approached quickly, wearing a downplayed evening gown. "Shouto, how I've missed you so."

Todoroki let go of Asami as Fuyumi awkwardly embraced him. Asami put her hands together. That must be the sister he was protecting. Fuyumi's eyes reached Asami's. She had a flash of sympathy.

"You must be Hajime Asami," Fuyumi said, gently taking Asami's hands in hers. It was an apologetic touch. Asami fought the emotion rising in her throat, but she swallowed it down.

"And you must be his sister. It's an honor," Asami said, and Fuyumi stopped her from her respectful bow.

"No need to do that for me," she whispered and then let go of Asami's hands.

Giving one more wave, Fuyumi left them alone. Todoroki had caught sight of his older brother, who gave him a nod. After a moment, Asami felt Todoroki's hand around hers. He leaned in close, whispering to her.

"You're doing great, Saito. We must dance soon, though. Follow my lead."

The orchestra in the corner was flipping through sheet music. Asami was trying not to sweat, though every passing eye was on her. She kept a light smile on her face, though.

"Todoroki, what if I fall? Or embarrass you?" Her face turned slightly to his. It was the closest they had ever been. She could see the texture where he would shave. He could see the smoothness of her lips.

"You won't embarrass me."

They began walking further into the crowd. Everyone looked so elaborate, and several people stopped to speak to Todoroki. Many of them acknowledged Asami and asked about her, to which they would insist they were dating.

Todoroki knew that everyone wasn't there for charity. They were there for gossip. The violins began playing music, and people excitedly pulled each other toward the dance floor. Asami and Todoroki made their way there as well.

This was a lot for Asami to take in. She had never been to an event where she had to ballroom dance. Let alone, ballroom dance with her arranged husband. No, don't think about it. Not now. There were so many people surrounding them. Asami glanced upwards at the chandelier.

She was felt a hand around her waist, pulling her close. Instinctually, she put her hand up toward his neck, wrapping around so it would rest on his back. He took her free hand in his.

"Look at me," Todoroki said softly to her. Asami's eyes slowly reached his. He began to move, guiding her every move with his hand.

She began to grow more comfortable, her hand relaxing on his shoulder blade. She had unbridled access to his discolored eyes. Every emotion he felt, she searched for. Looking past his scar, her lips relaxed into a soft smile.

"You're a good dancer," She said to him, watching as he looked up every so often to make sure they wouldn't run into anyone.

"As are you." A smile grew on his features, but it was cut short as Asami stumbled a little bit. His grip grew tighter, and he held her closer to him.

"You speak too soon."

They both gave short laughs. Asami felt the room melting into just the two of them. It was the first time she felt as though no one else mattered. She was lost in the moment. Lost in his sad attempt to fix his hair. Lost in their movements.

Todoroki tried not to look too closely at her. She wouldn't break her eye contact with him. He could feel her eyes digging through his soul. For now, he wouldn't let her find anything. She was a jewel thief, wrapping her gloved fingers around his heart. He couldn't allow that. They weren't supposed to be together.

"Do I have something on my face?" Todoroki asked, trying to conceal the blush spreading on his features.

"No," she said softly. "Not even a wrinkle."

"I would hope not. I'm only in my twenties."

Asami laughed, the music slowing down. She had an idea. She wouldn't know if it would work. Or if he would accept it. As the music ended and the dancing stopped, she released her hand from his shoulder blade.

She moved it to his face, cupping his cheek.

"Asami, what—"

"Trust me," she whispered, leaning into his other cheek. She pressed her lips upon it, quickly, but long enough for others to see. Especially his father.

Todoroki felt his heart hammering in his chest. His father stopped what he was doing and was nodding his head in approval. When Asami looked back at him, she put her hand to her mouth to stifle a laugh.

"You should warn me before you pull a stunt like that," Todoroki said, trying to be stern, but it came off weak due to his flustering.

"It wouldn't have been quite as natural if I did so," she took his arm as he stood there unable to move.

The rest of the night was uneventful. That was the closest they remained. Asami made conversation with other heroes with much more ease than Todoroki expected. He was having a hard time recovering from what occurred.

Their car ride home was silent, and they both retired similarly. Todoroki laid on the couch, clutching a pillow close to his chest. Her lips were soft against his cheek. Her perfume was intoxicating. Todoroki blushed at the mere thought of what had happened. And he didn't initiate it.

He received a call from his father later that evening, explaining how amazing of a job the two did. Especially Asami. Everyone believed it was real and not manufactured, which tore out Todoroki's heart again. It's not real. She did it for a show. She didn't do it because she likes me.

Asami had gotten ready for bed quickly, thinking she would drift off easily. She couldn't. Her move was without much thought. She couldn't do that. She stared out the window as she laid on her side. His cheek felt so natural in her hand. Her heart wouldn't slow down. No, he said we would see other people. There was no way this was happening. They were arranged.

They both laid awake until the early hour of the morning. Todoroki's head spun with blue fabric and pearls. Every time Asami closed her eyes, she would see two different colored ones staring back. But it was all make-believe.

It wasn't supposed to be this way. Was it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 3.6K 26
you are too powerful since your quirk develop since you were a baby. you are the daughter of the number 3 and number 6 heroes... One day You met a...
71 1 7
Izuku Midoriya was born with an extremely powerful quirk, and he must endure the consequences of being born with such a dangerous power, while Shouto...
71.9K 2.7K 13
todoroki thought its one sided until a sudden occasion came. [todoroki x midoriya] . . . HR: #256 in MHA #128 in Tododeku - 07/08/2018 #923 in Izuku...
222K 6.5K 56
๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ข๐š (๐™ฃ.) ; ๐™– ๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™–๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š'๐™จ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™™๐™ง๐™–๐™ฌ๐™ฃ, ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™›๐™š๐™š๐™ก๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š; ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ...