Poison: Devil's Rose MC #4

By DustyBooks16

After fifteen years away, Dakota Knight has returned to her hometown on a mission, to face her past. She has... More

Warnings/Credits
Aesthetics/Playlist
Chapter 1: Dakota Knight
Chapter 2: Dakota Knight
Chapter 3: Antonio Summers
Chapter 4: Antonio Summers
Chapter 5: Dakota Knight
Chapter 6: Dakota Knight
Chapter 8: Antonio Summers
Chapter 9: Dakota Knight
Chapter 10: Dakota Knight
Chapter 11: Antonio Summers
Chapter 12: Antonio Summers
Chapter 13: Dakota Knight
Chapter 14: Dakota Knight
Chapter 15: Antonio Summers
Chapter 16: Antonio Summers
Chapter 17: Dakota Knight
Chapter 18: Dakota Knight
Chapter 19: Antonio Summers
Chapter 20: Antonio Summers
Chapter 21: Dakota Knight
Chapter 22: Dakota Knight
Chapter 23: Antonio Summers
Chapter 24: Antonio Summers
Chapter 25: Dakota Knight
Chapter 26: Dakota Knight
Chapter 27: Antonio Summers
Chapter 28: Antonio Summers
Chapter 29: Dakota Knight
Chapter 30: Dakota Knight
Chapter 31: Antonio Summers
Chapter 32: Antonio Summers

Chapter 7: Antonio Summers

1.8K 72 2
By DustyBooks16

"Dakota! Hi!"

I make my way through the thick crowd of some of my favorite people in the world and lay my eyes upon the most beautiful woman in the world. She turns to me, her platinum blonde wavy from the hot air blowing outside. 

Her gorgeous gray eyes find my intensely dark brown ones, and I see a happy grin spread across her lips. I think my heart might burst out of my chest. I have got to be the luckiest man on this earth. 

I told the local librarian, Jane, that I was hoping this was a date, thinking she would pass it on to Dakota. I don't know if she did, but regardless, she showed up.

When I got the call early today, I was terrified to answer it. Vegas was the one who pushed me to answer it. I was just so scared that she would be canceling on me. 

I wouldn't want her to feel forced to go on a date with me whether it was romantic or not, that's not what I'm saying, but I would have been extremely dejected if she didn't want to. 

It's been a long time since we've seen each other and had a deep conversation, but I don't think what I thought were childish feelings ever went away. She's got a hold on my mind for some reason. A reason besides her obvious and incomprehensible outside beauty.

Without thinking, I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her toward me in a tight hug. She tenses for a second as she figures out what to do, and just as I try to yank myself away in embarrassment, she wraps her arms around my shoulders and tugs me closer. 

Fuck, I am one hundred percent sure that she knows how fast my heart is beating right now. This is the best hug I've ever gotten, but this isn't going the way I wanted this to at all. I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable; it was never my intention.

After another moment, she breaks from my grasp, slowly peeling herself out of my arms.

"Hi, Poison."

"I'm sorry about that chaos and everything. I didn't think there would be a Star Wars reenactment happening right now."

"Oh my gosh, I love it. I love children."

"Me too. These four are good company since I don't want my own."

I am a dumbass.

"Oh. Uh, yeah, I've never wanted children, but I do love spending limited time with them."

This is why my MC brothers always tell me to 'shut the fuck up.'

I have to change the topic, now.

"You hungry?"

"Yes! I haven't eaten all day."

"We should get you something. Let's sit."

"Anywhere is okay?"

"For sure. I was thinking of that empty corner booth."

I point to a mostly empty and quiet corner in the back of the bar which could provide us a little bit of privacy among the craziness. As much as I love everybody that I spend almost every day with, sometimes you just need quiet time. 

It would have been smarter if we met up somewhere else, pretty much anywhere besides the MC bar, but I guess it's too late now. And if I were to judge by the cheesy smile on Dakota's face as we make our way to our seats, she doesn't seem to mind. 

The opposite actually, she seems to be enjoying it.

I'm about to sit in the booth across from her, but she tugs my arm to sit next to her. 

Does that mean something? Should I be reading deeper into that? Is there a special meaning behind sitting on the same side of the table? Is that a signal? What could that be a signal of? Do we feel the same way toward one another? Am I reading too far into this? Probably. I do that.

A prospect comes by, Kate I think her name is and drops off two lunch menus. She hasn't been here long, but I have a feeling she's a nice gal. 

All the other girls like her, so that's pretty much all that matters. We've got their seal of approval. I hope that they take to Dakota as they have taken to Kate. It means a lot to me that they do.

Dakota leans over to me slightly, saying softly what she's thinking of ordering, but it's so fucking hard to concentrate with her damn perfume. It smells like violets. However, I do my best to pay attention, letting my hand graze over hers while I point out what I'm going to have. 

I didn't have to look, I get the same thing every time I eat here, french fries and a vegan burger with Sprite to drink, but I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to flirt a bit. She's flirting a bit too, don't think I didn't realize that. She's so fucking cute it almost hurts.

"What can I get you two? Poison, the usual?"

"I'll have the usual. Dakota?"

"I'll have the vegan burger, french fries, and a Sprite."

What the actual fuck? I probably should have paid attention to what she was getting. It's going to be weird that I didn't say anything before but whatever. I don't think she'll be super affected by the coincidence.

Kate, on the other hand, cannot stop smiling but doesn't say anything. I give her glaring eyes to not hint at what occurred. I turn to Dakota who gives me a weird look, however, I'm quick to brush it off and ask about her life.

"Do you like working at the library?"

"I do. It's so peaceful and relaxing. I don't make a ton of money, but that's not what I'm looking for."

"But you're comfortable, right?"

"I'm not suffering over money. I can live a decent life."

"What's it like being back here?"

"There's just so many memories here, good and bad, that I have mixed feelings about it. I don't know."

"Would you stay?"

She pauses for a moment, thinking deeply about her answer to a question I shouldn't have asked.

"I think so, yeah. Regardless of what has happened to me here, I do like the location. I mean, I would honestly consider moving back into my childhood home after a desperately needed renovation. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know. I like having you here. I missed you, sweetheart."

I almost die from her breathtaking smile.

"I missed you too."

Fucking hell, she's killing me. I am dying. I've got to be.

"When did you come back, Poison?"

"About four years ago. I pretty much instantly joined the Devil's Rose and have been here ever since."

"Where'd you go?"

"I joined the Navy. I was eighteen, eventually went to Navy SEAL training, and joined earlier than most. I was top of my classes, and my Captain thought I was ready. I was a SEAL for about nine years before coming home."

"Can I ask a deeply personal question?"

I already know what you're going to ask. Everyone asks.

"You're curious why I was only in for nine years."

"Yeah. I am, but you don't have to tell me."

No one has said that to me before. That's new.

"My team and I had an accident. I took most of the hits, couldn't shake them, and was honorably discharged a couple of months later. It was for the best."

"I'm sorry that happened to you. Thank you for serving."

"It was a pleasure. Especially knowing that I could be a part of something that would keep you safe. There's nothing more honorable than that, you know?"

"No, I don't know, but I'm grateful anyway."

She's so cute. Have I said that before? I have, I know it, and I'll probably say it again. 

She's one of those people who always know what to say even when you don't want comfort. It's not that she offers her sympathies really, that's not what she's giving you, it's more about a chance to open up and not feel judged. 

In some cases, that's better than the normal reaction people have. Although, it's not like I know what to say when someone says something sad, so I don't blame anyone for the over-pitying 'sorry.' I know I sound like that too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 5.6K 64
**COMPLETED** Lily has been tormented by the memories of her mother's murder since she was eight years old. She's spent years terrified that the men...
82.8K 2.9K 34
Beatrice Cooper had an easy childhood, well, up until she was fifteen. When her parents die in a car accident, she hits the streets with no one else...
437K 10.1K 33
After losing her mother to cancer Ofelia decides to find her dad, all she knows is he is part of a motorcycleclub and lives in Las Vegas. Ofelia is i...
841K 27.5K 27
Charlie Slade has been running ever since she left her home town in Texas 4 years ago. She can't deal with anything In the future because she is forc...