I am a love interest in a har...

By Lenrai

Cause of Death: Car accident from madly running across a busy highway with a bucket of snot and tears for com... More

Read Before Proceeding (A/N)
Death
Escape
The Male Protagonist
A change of attitude (1)
A change of Attitude (2)
A change of Attitude (3-Uziel)
Don't Bicker with the Male Protagonist
Wounded Dignity(1)
Wounded Dignity (2)
The First Woman
The Contract
Who's That Woman?
Oblivious (1)
Oblivious (2)
The First Victim (Uziel)
Why are you here?
Starting Point (Uziel)
Thinking Too Much
Misery Loves Company (1)
Misery loves Company (2)
Misery Loves Company (3)
Surprise
Why? (Uziel)
The Guys Around Her
Good Riddance
An Actor's Visit
Sorry
Patience is a Virtue
Misunderstandings
Sebastian (Uziel)
I Remember You
I will never like you (1)
I will never like you (2)
I will never like you (3)
Comparison
Mr. Smart
Give Me a Chance
Get you now
Truth be Told
Before I Fall
Am I really your friend..?
Be The Change!
Who am I?
The chance he never had...
I will also be selfish(1)
I will also be selfish(2)
Letting go(1)
Letting go (2)
Letting go (3)
Letting go (4)
Letting go (5)
Gone (1-Uziel)
Gone (2-Uziel)
Gone (3-Lilac)
Gone (4-Uziel)
Gone (5-Uziel)
Yeon Lewis
Chase
Lawrence
At my fingertips
I want to disappear
A Longing
Unhinged (Sebastian)
Hello To You
Decisions
Me, Myself And...
You are right
Dreams Come True(1)
Dreams come true (2)
Dreams Come True (3)
Just a dream
The Lies (Sebastian)
Leila
Rotten Lemon
Thrown into the hot pot
Secrets
The Eyes Lie
What Happened? (Sebastian)
Hold my Hand
I am real...
The line between Reality and Fantasy
Beside Me
Mama
I'm Back
End
Epilogue

B Is The Reason

8.3K 398 138
By Lenrai

A,B,A,B,A,B...

I continued to utter the two letters as I plucked the petals of the flower I was holding.

"What's wrong with her?" Lawrence nudged Shirly who was beside me.

"Leave her be. She'll malfunction if you interrupt her. Watch this..."

Shirley put her mouth near my ear and muttered B repeatedly, making me purse my lips.

B... Or rather, the screw with them and kill them later. The worst ending you can have with the Male Lead...

"See? She just freezes like that."

Lawrence gasped as he came and waved his hands in front of my face.

"Has the most capable intern finally gone cray-cray from overworking?"

"Tsk, tsk... At least the face masks worked well on her face. Otherwise, if her head had gone bad along with her appearance, no guy would definitely approach her." Shirly sighed as she patted my shoulders. "Don't worry, we'll take care of you."

Lawrence sniffed as he wiped an invisible tear from his eyes while nodding vigorously.

"..." These two... Are they really saying they'll take care of me while insulting me to my face?

I decided to let them off for now as I lowered my gaze to the two petals left. My body trembled and the flower slipped from my fingers. Is that it..?? He's really planning to screw with me then kill me later? After all, what other reason could he possibly have for kissing me?

"I'm going to die..." I whispered.

Lawrence and Shirly exchanged worried glances. "...Well, the workload had gotten bigger but you certainly won't die." Lawrence raised his brows at me.

"That's right. If you're feeling really exhausted again then why not have some deserved rest this weekend? Let's go to that new spa or something, what d'ya think??" Shirly grabbed my arm and smiled at me brightly.

Yes. I probably should have a little fun if I'm going to die soon. I nodded.

"Great!" Her smile broadened. Tapping into her energy, I smiled at the two faintly.

We bid our goodbyes after work and I listlessly went to change my clothes in a public restroom. A few minutes later, I stood in front of the mirror to fix my hair. My eyes unconsciously went to my lips and it was at that moment when I was reminded of yesterday's events.

"Don't test my patience... I won't be so kind."

I just stared at him blankly, still in a state of shock, and still gasping for breath. He looked at me for a while then sighed as he rubbed his thumb on my lips.

"Also, I'll be going on a business trip so you don't have to cook my meals in the meantime. I'll be back next week."

Was what he said. All the while, I was thinking I'd die of suffocation. I was too surprised I couldn't even think to breathe... Fortunately, he eventually stopped, probably noticing how I'm already out of breath. And that's how I managed to escape an embarrassing death...

I don't understand him. At all. Why did he angry-kiss me? Why was he angry, in the first place?? Because I call other men by their names? What should I call them then if not their names!?

I huffed in a jeering manner. Besides! I've only ever mentioned one guy's name and that's Lawrence. And he's not even a "guy"! Well, I did try to incite him by saying I have tons of guys but didn't he investigate me already?? He should have known I was lying! And also! Is there a good reason why he'd be angry because of that?

I don't think so!

I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror thinking, at least I'm still pretty...

I tilted my head.

Hmm?

Hmmm...??

My mouth formed an O as soon as my mind formulated a new possible reason for his actions.

Could it be??

He finally realized how beautiful I am and fell in love with me..? I gasped, covering my mouth as I stared at my reflection in disbelief.

Hmmmm...!??

As the seconds passed by laughter bubbled in my throat and I guffawed uncontrollably. Impossible. Now that's just utter nonsense. I shook my head and wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Ahh... I must be really crazy to think that." I muttered in between fits of laughter. 

From the mirror, I noticed the woman beside me slightly distance herself away while giving me a wary look. I immediately stopped laughing, realizing how ridiculous I was behaving so I cleared my throat and schooled my expressions before facing her.

"Sorry." I smiled at her ruefully and quickly left before I could scare her any further.

My final conclusion, therefore... He's playing with me. And if that's the case, I should really widen the distance between us even more.

One week.

I have one week to find myself another apartment. I'm sure that with that time frame, he'll have changed his mind along with my disappearance. After all, if it's an overseas business trip, there will be a lot of women who have bigger breasts. He'll realize that it will be a waste of time to play around with someone like me. And it's not like I've offended him so bad that he'd chase after me.

I mean... What did I ever do to him?

He's just being psycho. I shuddered. I should have not been so focused on saving money and ran the other way the moment I learned that he is my roommate.

~~~

"You've been sighing for a long time." The grocery manager, Mr. Pyo uttered beside me as he refilled the coins in the cash register.

"I can't help it..." I sighed yet again.

He raised a brow. "Boyfriend problems?"

It was my turn to raise a brow at him. "Boss... why do you think I have a boyfriend?"

"Those sighs speak volumes. I'm telling you. I have a daughter who sighs like that. You women think all men are ignorant about things like this but I'm different. I know it's a boy problem."

Well... It's not entirely false. It is a boy problem but not in that way. I nodded helplessly and said, "He isn't my boyfriend, though."

"If you're sighing like that, it's the same thing." He shook his head then looked at me. "You're still young so you don't know how to deal with men... Let me tell you a secret."

I don't know why he's insisting on that idea when I already said it wasn't like that. "Boss... It really isn't what you thi-"

"Shush, shush!" He even raised his hand to silence me, so I just closed my mouth obediently.

"Men are natural idiots. They don't know what they have until it's gone so all you have to do is act as if you don't care about them every now and then."

Honestly? I don't think his advice will yield good results in the long run, but I relented and sighed as I packed the items of the customer, a middle-aged woman who was listening to our conversation with interest.

"That's right! Young men today especially are lacking in EQ more than the older generation so you should do as he says!"

My eyebrows raised in surprise when she decided to join in. Why am I being lectured about how to get a man?? I smiled at her nonetheless and nodded.

"I'll be sure to do that. Thank you."

"Un, un! As long as he doesn't see other women, you still have a chance." Mr. Pyo muttered beside me, making me pause for a second.

Why does it seem like I've become the pitiful masochist woman in a movie in this conversation? You know... The girl who gets cheated on multiple times but still clings on the man because- LOVE!

I smiled at the woman again as I handed her change. "Thank you and please come again."

"Don't forget about our advice." She said before stalking off. I chuckled.

I would never... After what happened to me as Leila Cato, I don't think I'd ever see love the same way ever again.

Under the bed of roses are thorns. And the worst thing is, you wouldn't notice it until you feel the piercing pain course through your body. Like a surprise attack in the worst-case scenario.

***

A/N: Aww... Honestly, how do you guys view love?? 

If you're loving it so far, please share some love for this plebian author at:

buymeacoffee.com/lenrai

Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 7.4K 44
Zen Yodai, 27 y.o virgin 'straight' man. He claimed to be 'straighter than a ruler' but some people doesn't believe it (Me). Anyway, he died in the a...
24.2K 265 47
[ EDITING ] 'Everyone one knew that she was his and only his' Massimo and lrina have been friends since Massimo saw Lrina at the Meeting and bec...
4.2M 108K 35
REMINISCENT SERIES BOOK - 1 Excerpt: Rose was taking small steps to her husband's study. She had a medical file in her hand with tears in her eyes wh...
170K 11.1K 38
"When I first saw you, I thought I'd have to kill you." "Uh, excuse me?" "But now I'll kill anyone that even thinks of laying a finger on you," he s...