We Make Waves [Jhene Aiko/You]

Oleh UnAmericanTeen

Long Beach, California. Slauson Hills, California. Beverly Hills. You can take the girl from the hood.. bu... Lebih Banyak

Cast
WARNING
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Tsunami

Chapter eleven

14.2K 472 535
Oleh UnAmericanTeen

"Hey best friend." I piped up, smirking when Jhené gave me a look as she saged my house with some... whatever the hell she called that wood. "Should I post this or nah?"

She lowered the wood before walking over, leaning down and smiling at the picture I displayed. "Yeah it's cute. Highlights the bomb ass braids I did." I rolled my eyes and shooed her away, to which she circled the sage smoke around me. "Negative ass, let it gooo."

"How about you go sage those damn cats who're leaving hair balls all over my floor- Grammy stop eating my damn shoes!" I exclaimed and Jhené rushed to her cat before I sprayed it with water.. again. She didn't like that at all. "Why did I agree to letting three of those motherfuckers come." I huffed out to myself, looking back down at my phone as I went to post on twitter.

"Because you're a pussy." I flipped off Maru without looking up when he walked into our loft, as I called it now. I was a fancy nigga. "I brought food. Chicken and waffles for sis and.. vegan tacos for your weird ass."

"Suck my dick, Maruto." Jhené laughed out.

@y/n: "I won't never sell my soul, and I can back that" 🤫

@namilove: Y'all she so fine 😭 I want it allll

@Frontinhoe: why all the gay rappers get braids?

@Frontinhoe: and why do I love that shit-

@AikoArmy: respost from @JheneAiko "#NOYC 🌋 video out now. thank you Hikaru"

@namilove: I KNEW them motherfuckuers were up to something. They been hanging out waaaaay too much

@sxraa: hol up did I miss something? Since when are Y/n and Jhene dating?

@mrsmaru: they're not lmao did you hear the song sis? @sxraa it's obviously about Sean

@flopbeerroot: lemme see something.. i listened to the song about three times already and I can't quite get something.

@flopbeerroot: "But you back tracking with niggas that ain't shit for you, they don't belong around your aura" that's what Y/n says right? Idk about y'all but Sean seems hella shady in my eyes so what is Y/n implied that.. for Sean?

@flopbeerroot: not to mention she called Y/n Hikaru! And according to Y/n, no one but her mom can call her that... hello?

@namilove: y'all why can't we just enjoy the music 😭 this ain't no pop star shit, no one here to speculate. Its in their words, None of our concern🙄

@Y/n: Everyone stream #NOYC by the forever amazing @JheneAiko and myself. Out on all major platforms now ☄️

@oreotrash: nine times.... NINE TIMES ??? @Y/n WHO LASTED NINE TIMES AND WHY

@Y/n: she wanted it, so I gave it to her lmao @oreaotrash and mama always told me never kiss n tell 🤭

@DojaCat: yeah i believe it. Girls a real pleaser @oreotrash

"Who the fucks Doja Cat?" I looked up at Jhené who was now slowly chewing on her taco while simultaneously scrolling on her phone. "And what does she mean?"

I smirked and locked my phone before leaning over to grab my own container of food. "Don't worry Né.. she ain't beat your record of nine." I said, adding a wink and laughing when she rolled her eyes.

"I bet nobody beat my record." She said with a daring look, and I loved to mess with her so..

I shrugged and picked up my chicken. "Normani can hold her own." She made a 'nigga please' face and went back to eating. "You don't believe it?"

"Not a bit. Little thing could probably last a round and a half, two if you're lucky." I continued to stare at her in amusement as she gave herself credit for her extensive sex drive. "And we both know you need more than two rounds to be satisfied-"

"Alright y'all." We both looked at Maru, forgetting he was there, as he held a burger in his hands with a grimace. "Can you stop? I'm trying not to throw up."

I set my container down before jumping up and quickly shooting over to lay on my big brother. "Awe, you want love brother?" I teased while wrapping my arms around his waist. He groaned and tried to push me off but I playfully kissed his cheek.

"Get off me, you gay ass nigga." He laughed out before pushing my head back, only to give up with a huff when he realized I wasn't budging. "You see this nigga?" I looked in the direction of his attention and saw Jhené laughing while holding her phone up in our direction.

"Love me brother!" I exclaimed and she laughed before lowering the phone and, I assumed, posting it to Instagram. As I continued to lay on Maru, he struggled to get his phone out of his pocket before putting it to his ear.

"Hello?" I laid silently until hearing him let out a shocked breath. "Woah hold up- say it again so Y/n can hear."

I raised my head as he put the phone on speaker. It was John. "So Nami is apparently nominated for best new hip hop artist.. and how does closing the BET awards sound?"

My eyebrows shot up and I looked at Maru, then at Jhené who was holding that proud mom type smile. "Wait.. for real?" Once he confirmed it with a solid yes, I nodded happily. Yeah going to the VMA's was cool but there was something about the BET awards. "Oh shit.. what song we gonna do?"

I looked at Maru and he smirked. "You already know.."

We smiled, then said at the same time, "Post to be!"

-

"Somethings missing!" I exclaimed as I nodded my head to Maru's last verse. "Like.. there should more. If yo chick come close to me, she ain't going home where she post to be.." I squinted, trying to figure out what was missing from the song, then I heard it.

"If your dude come close to me he gon' want to ride off in a Ghost with me." Maru and I both snapped our heads to the booth where Jhené was, bouncing to the beat of the song and playfully adding her own verse. "I might let your boy chauffeur me... but he gotta eat the booty like groceries."

"Yoooo!" I clapped with a laugh, my hands shooting up. "That's what's missing, a feminine perspective!" Jhené simply shrugged cutely. "Please continue cuh." I said, quickly sliding in the seat as I started to change up the beat a bit for something she could sing over it, simply making the hi hats a little higher. "Aight lets go Chilombo." She nodded once I started the song from my verse so she could get the feel of it. Then she started.

"If your dude come close to me he gon' want to ride off in a Ghost with me. I might let your boy chauffeur me... but he gotta eat the booty like groceries."  I chuckled and shook my head, knowing everyone would go crazy at that line. "But he gotta get rid of these hoes from me. I might have that nigga selling his soul for me. Ooh, that's how it post to be. If he wants me to expose the freak ooh. That's how it post to be ooh."

She did a couple more 'oohs' before pulling the headphones down with raised eyebrows. "So..?"

Maru and I looked at one another at the same time. "Issa bop!" Jhené laughed at us and came out of the booth while I picked up the computer and headphones, starting outside to the patio where I could edit with the sunset and shit. I felt like I was cooped in that room all the time and needed a little change of scenery.

When I sat down and put the headphones on to start working on the song, I felt Jhené wrap her arms around my shoulders and lean against my back while I worked. "Does this mean I'm performing with you guys at the award show?"

As her breath ticked my ear I shivered physically and I knew her ass was smirking. I couldn't even blame it on being cold... it was hot as fuck out here.

"If you want to." I responded as I tilted my head to look back at her. She made duck lips and raised her eyes to the ceiling with a small shrug. I rolled my eyes. "What do you want to do, Né?"

She looked back down. "I wanna perform with you." I hummed playfully and she hummed back as she leaned forward, pulling a funny ass scrunched up face. I grabbed her cheeks with my fingers, making her do fish lips until she giggled and pulled back before moving to sit on my lap.

"What do you wanna wear to the show?" She asked as she leaned back into my chest, playing with the watch on my right hand.

"Uhh, I don't know." I used my free hand to mess with the computer, still fixing up the song."Probably like.. something a little dressy for the red carpet and shit. I didn't really dress up for the other one." I leaned back in the chair as I stretched with a deep groan. Then pulling the headphones off and wrapping my arms around her waist.

I knew this was more than 'friendly' but I also knew we had our boundaries. Neither of us would push too far.. but that didn't mean we wouldn't teeter right on the edge.

When we heard the door open, we both looked up to see a younger looking girl walk out, her face looking hella stressed but when she saw us, her eyes shot open. "Oh.. hi." Jhené simply smiled softly.

"Hi." I responded softly with a chuckle when her breath seemed to hitch. "Are you okay? You look stressed."

"Yeah I-I'm okay. Just being a personal assistant has its downs." I nodded as she took the seat further from us. "I'm just here to get some air, if you don't mind."

"No you're good." I then turned back to the view as I pulled Jhené closer to me, my chin resting on her shoulder. "How you doing? Up here?" I whispered, gently pecking her temple before pulling back.

"A lot better. Been meditating more.. drinking a lot of water, getting more sleep." I nodded softly as she leaned back further and practically curled up into me like a small kitten or something. "I think I just needed a get away for a bit.. that helped a lot." I nodded again and looked down when she raised her head up, staring at me with the softest look ever. "Why did we break up?" I chuckled and looked back up at the waves crashing on the shore. "I'm serious.."

"I know." I blew out a puff of air before shrugging slightly. "I guess.. because I felt like I belonged somewhere for once and you trying to get me out that made me mad? I don't know."

"That's the thing though, Karu. I didn't want you to stop repping the set; I just wanted you to see that there was more to it than robbing and beating niggas up, you know?" I nodded softly and sighed heavily before resting my head against hers again. "Like I just wanted you to use your smart mentality to get out of the hood."

"Yeah well I guess breaking up with me helped 'cause I started putting in work for this music shit like crazy cuh." She giggled and grabbing my hand from her waist, intertwining our fingers.

"And you got more tattoos.. and you got thicker." She whispered. My eyebrows shot up in confusion until I felt her waist rotate softly on my lap, then nodding in confirmation with a smirk. "Yeah.. a lot thicker."

"You better cut that shit out." I said with a chuckle. "Have me throw your ass over this balcony nigga."

"You wouldn't." She retorted before pushing herself up and putting the computer back in my lap. "Finish so we can go get some vegan ice cream."

"I don't like your ice cream though." I whined, pulling the headphones back on. "It taste like sour farts."

"You such a child I swear." She laughed out and continued back into the studio.

I smiled to myself as I played the song back, fixing out the kinks and errors until it was, what I considered, perfect.

In Khaled's words, it was a major key.

-
One week later

"I'm tired as fuck yo." I huffed, laying on the stage as I stretched my arms out.

We were rehearsing for our performance and it was a lot more than our first performance. We had dancers, fire, choreography, the whole shebang. And it was tiring.

"I think you need more interactions." The choreography (Christian) said, his arms crossed as he stared into space at nothing. "Greg, start from Y/n's verse. Everyone back in their places." I groaned loudly. "Come on, up up up!"

"Don't fuckin rush me." I huffed but pushed myself up into a standing position. I stretched my hips as I heard the music start to play from the end of the chorus, leading into my verse. "Got yo girl in my section, finna go up. A nigga smoking loud, I'm 'bout to roll up. She ain't never got high like this, with a guy like this, when she pop it tell her hold up."

I was half assing this since we've did it a good twenty times, so I knew I didn't have to go all out for this one.

By the end of my verse, the fire went up by this little triangle walk way which is where Jhené would walk in. "You wanna know how I know what I know." I finished it off and that's when Jhené walked out.

"If yo dude come close to me, he gon wanna ride off in the ghost with me. I might let your dude chauffeur me but he gotta eat the booty like groceries-"

"Stop!" We both looked at Christian who held up his arms. "I got it, Jhené who are you more comfortable dancing with?" She instantly latched onto my arm, making Maru scoff.

"Yeah? Fuck you too, Aiko. I don't even like Japan." We both laughed at his half Japanese before looking back at Christian.

"Everything is perfect but I want to see some connection, some fun. Dance on her, gaze into each others eyes.. something of that sort.. should we practice?"

"Yeah-"

"Nope." I gave Jhené a look as she shook her head. "No practice.. we'll just be in the moment and whatever happens.. happens." She winked at me and I raise my eyebrows, watching her walk away.

"Hey bro." I looked at the choreographer as he watched Jhené as well. "You hittin that? 'Cause I would love me a piece." My smile dropped and I'm pretty sure my eyes turns into glocks because he quickly chuckled uneasily. "Kidding bro.."

"Ha." A dry and sarcastic laugh left my lips, my eyes still stabbing into his soul until he cleared his throat and walked away. "Pussy." I mumbled as I shook my head before starting over to Maru. "Yo you got some kush?" He nodded and tossed me his weird ass fanny pack. Anyone that wore fanny packs as a fashion statement instantly got a weird card in my book. Looked like some damn old white tourist or something.

Taking it outside, I pulled out the pre rolled blunt and placed it between my lips while I fished for my lighter, only to come up empty handed. But a spark of flame in front of me made me raise my eyes. I leaned forward gratefully as they lit the end of my blunt, then retracted their lighter.

"Thanks.." I trailed off to get the young looking girls name.

"Asahi, but I go by Asia." She said with a small smile.

I hummed as I inhaled the smoke, looking the girl up and down. "Well Asia, you look a little young to be having a lighter on hand."

Almost instantly, her face scrunched up in a offended way. "I'm sixteen and who are you? My daddy?"

I scoffed and looked behind me in a way to see if she was talking to me. "Nigga what? I was just simply stating some shit- get on with your young ass cuh." She stubbornly crossed her arms and continued to stare up at me. "You need me to spell it out?"

"You got no damn authority to tell me when to leave." I pulled the blunt out of my mouth and whistled loudly. Almost instantly, the door opened and Rek's tall ass self came walking out. Asia's eyes widened.

"What's up, Y/nn?" He asked.

"Get this little ass girl off the property please." He nodded and looked at the girl before reaching towards her.

"I don't know where your crusty hands been- don't touch me nigga!" I smirked as her behavior instantly reminded me of a younger me. A goddamn hot head.

"Hold up, I got it." I chuckled out and patted Rek's shoulder, making him step back before walking through the door. Asia brushed off her shirt, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "What are you doing here? For real?"

"Waiting for my boyfriend." She said pointedly just as the door opened. "And here he is."

I looked over as a man who looked well above her age walked out. I frowned when he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Yo.." I scowled and looked him up and down. "She's a minor cuh."

He smirked. "She don't fuck like one."

I'm not sure why, considering I didn't know who the hell this girl was, but I got hella heated hella fast. I stepped forward, my head shaking. "You disgust me cuh, kick rocks." He tilted his head, not moving. So, I lifted my shirt to display what I was packing. "Nigga I said kick rocks."

He then raised his hands quickly. "Fine bro, whatever." Once he walked off, I looked at Asia to see her glaring at me.

"Who the fuck do you think you are huh? To not be my daddy you sure acting like it!" I shrugged as I took another inhale of the blunt.

"He's like thirty.. that's some nasty shit. Shouldn't you be at home watching sponge bob or something?" Her eyes dropped and for the first time in the few minutes we've been talking, I saw emotion. "Yo.. do you have a home?"

"That's none of your business." She spat out and spun around, starting to walk through the parking lot.

I let her walk for a bit as I took one last hit of the blunt before putting the end out, saving the rest for later. "You like McDonald's?" I called out and her feet automatically stopped. Bingo.

-

My eyebrows were raised indefinitely as I watched the sixteen year old eat a Big Mac, large fries, nuggets, and an apple pie by herself. Not to mention the large sprite.

I had a feeling that she wasn't in a home. At least not a stable one. She was fairly skinny, the makeup did help bring out her face but by the looks of her, she couldn't weigh more than one ten.

"Why you messing with older men?" I asked while she dipped a nugget into the barbecue sauce. When she didn't answer, I reached for the food but she quickly snatched it away. That simple action let me know she wasn't getting enough food. Or.. she was just a stingy little bitch. "Answer the question."

"Because.. they have money." I watched as she slowly bit into the nuggets with her eyes looking everywhere but at me. "And I need money."

"You don't have a guardian or something? Parents, grandparents? Siblings?" She shook her head. "Where you staying?"

"At my mamas house but she's been gone with her crackhead boyfriend for about three months now. My dad.. I don't know, he disappeared when I was six." I frowned when she shrugged like it was nothing. "But it's whatever, I get by."

I tapped the table before shaking my head. "My dad did the same thing.. sorta." She slowly looked up, her eyes curious. "I lived with him and my younger brother Kai in Japan. My big bro Maru lived with us until he turned eighteen, then he had enough of our dads shit and dipped to New York." I chuckled. "He promised to come back for us when he had enough money though.."

"Did he?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

I nodded. "Yup. Him and my mom. But before that, Kai and I had to live with our dad being gone for three months, four months, five months at a time. He always claimed he was teaching us survival instincts but.. I called bull. I never found out the truth because he was arrested when I was sixteen for stabbing some guy out of 'self defense.' In reality, he was just one crazy motherfucker."

She giggled softly and I smile as her eyes lit up with something other than sarcasm or sadness. "Sounds like my dad. He'd talk to the walls and then tell me to punch it so that I could get stronger fists."

"Same though!" I laughed out before looking down when my phone beeped. "Shit.. it's my manager, I gotta go get ready for the show." I pocketed my phone and looked up to see her small smile. "Ready?"

"Yeah."

We stood up and I walked with her outside where a few paparazzi were. "Who's this, Y/n?"

I kept walking to my charger with my head down, unlocking the door and motioning her to get in quickly. After sliding in, I immediately started the car and backed out.

"That's some annoying shit." She said with a huff and I chuckled. "How do you do it?"

"Honestly.. I just think about the money." I said with a shrug. "You live in Compton right?"

"Yeah, on Spruce street." I winced and slowed at the red light. "What?" I simply opened my glove compartments display the colored bandana. "Not you too- Jesus." She huffed as I closed it back. "What are you? You look like you'd be from rollin twenty's."

I chuckled and shook my head. "Nah, Insane." She laughed. "What?"

"There's no way you're from Baby Insane.. you look too soft." I gave her a look before bringing my eyes back in front of me when the light turned green. "I don't believe you."

"That's a you problem." I sighed out before making a left on Sunset instead of getting onto the freeway. "I can't go to Compton, especially not in the heart of the Pirus right now." She raised her eyebrows and I shook my head. "Don't ask."

After a few minutes, I pulled up to my moms new house and saw her outside watering the grass. "Uh.. who dis?"

"My mama, be respectful." I said as I climbed out and smiled at my mom. "Hey beautiful."

She looked up and immediately smiled back. "Hikaru," she turned the water off and raised her arms for a hug as I drew in closer. "How are you hun? You're glowing."

"I've been happy." I responded and rubbed her back before pulling away, keeping an arm over her shoulder. "Asia this is my beautiful mother Eleina but she likes being called Ena. Ma this is Asia.. I was wondering if you could take care of her while I'm gone today and a little of tomorrow."

Her eyebrows raised in confusion but she simply nodded. "Sure, nice to meet you dear." I smiled before raising my eyes when I heard the front door slam.

"Aye nigga I gotta talk to you." I rolled my eyes as Kai limped towards me, his crunches nowhere to be seen. "I been calling you and you ain't answering shi.. oh hey." He smiled and nodded his head at Asia while sticking his hand out. "How you doin? I'm Kai-"

"She's sixteen." He quickly retracted his hand before brushing off his shirt. "Anyways you haven't been calling me, you've been calling Maru and asking for me. But I'll be back tomorrow and we'll hang out, okay lil bro?" I pulled him into a hug and pushed his dreads back before quickly pecking his forehead, then turning to Asia. "You good?" She nodded, giving me a small 'thank you' in return. "It's no problem. Love you mama." I said and gave her a quick cheek kiss before starting to my car again.

"Love you too, Hikaru. Good luck tonight, have a lot of fun!"

I gave her a thumbs up. "I will!"

-

Red Carpet 'fit

"Cuh I'm high as fuck." I whispered to Maru as we drove up in the tinted GMC. We were seconds from being on the red carpet and I decided to try this new shit Jhené offered me. Probably not the best idea to experiment before being in front of thousands of people...

I took in a deep breath and shook my head, looking forward to see Jhené laughing softly. "Can't handle your weed, Karu?" She teased.

"This shit gotta be more than Sativa 'cause.. I swear your eyes are glowing right now." She scooted over and sat next to me, her hand landing on my knee as she turned me to face her.

"It's hash." She said and my eyes widened. "That's why everything looks super fucking saturated right now."

"Oh, you tryna have a nigga trippin today huh?" I grabbed the water bottle she handed me and took a long swallow. "What's that shit mixed with? Shrooms?"

"No, I made sure there was no shrooms in this one. Just a lot of hash." I brought the bottle back to my lips before humming at the sudden sweet taste of.. water. "Good?"

"Yeah." I leaned back against the seat and smiled. "Yeah I think I'm good now." I looked around the car and, though it was all black, it started to look like a neon color popping off of the walls. "Cuh what is this shit." I laughed and took another swig of the water. "I'm ready though.. let's go."

I nodded to myself as I knocked on the window repeatedly until Jhené grabbed my hand, Maru hissing at me to stop. "Jhené fuck you man she gonna be lit as shit." My brother said with a laugh, his head shaking.

Soon, the door opened and I was the first one to climb out. Everything just felt free as fuck. I was aware of everything more than ever. Like.. what kinda high was this?? Usually if I was faded faded I'd be hazy and shit. But this, this felt like I could see everything going on and some.

Our new assistant or whatever they were called led us to the backdrop and I walked in front of it with a confident smile, Maru stopping next to me.

"Right here guys, look to your left!" Maru was still chuckling besides me at my behavior.

I put up two thumbs, my right forefinger pointing to my left fist as I nonchalantly threw up my gang signs. I then moved down the way, somehow not minding the flashes that went off.

"Hey guys," I looked up as the assistant waved us over to the side. "I know we haven't had an official meeting, but I'm glad to be working with you guys. You can call me Tyler."

"You have some curly ass hair, Ty." I said and poked it before looking around for Jhené. "Where's Né- oh there she is." I smiled as she posed in front of the backdrop with that effortless ass smile. "She's so gorgeous." I sighed out to myself. "I want her to be my girl again." Why the fuck was I so sentimental?

"Okay bro.. lets go." Maru snickered, forcing me to turn around and start walking after Tyler. "He said we have one interview with uh.. Renee? Think that was her name." I simply nodded along as my mind kept drifting back to Jhené.

I really wanted to say fuck this friendly shit and just be with her already. What if I died tomorrow and was never able to call her mine officially again.. that would suck some real ass. Then again, what if we did start again and the rushing led to us crashing and burning. That would hurt a lot more than dying. Well, at least I think so.. depending how I ended up dying I guess.

Shit, what was in this weed?

-

Not gonna lie, this shit was still going strong even two hours into the show but it evened out to where I could control my weird as thoughts now.

"You good?" Jhené asked from my side. When I nodded, she handed me her cup of water and I took it gratefully. I didn't know how she knew when I was thirsty.. but I was thankful.

"Hey guys," Tyler leaned over and nodded his head to the side. "Your category is up next." I nodded nonchalantly as I took another sip of the water.

"Yo yo yo, how y'all feeling?" I looked up as Anderson Paak stood at the mic with a charming smile. "I remember coming into the industry fresh, wide eyed, and ready for anything. These artists are all on their past to greatness and smashing records.. here are the nominees for Best New Artist."

I looked up at the big screen as the automated lady started speaking. "Blueface, City Girls, Nami, Dababy, and Queen Naija."

The crowd cheered and I patted my knee in my own way of clapping before looking back at Anderson. "And the award goes toooo." He droned out, opening the little envelope thing. Then he smiled. "I put the new Forgi's on the G.." I chuckled as he sung our new song. "Nami!" Go figure, Ballin started to play around the arena.

I pushed myself off of the chair and turned my dark blue Long Beach dad backwards. I then turned and gave my brother a bro hug before looking at Jhené who was clapping. I stuck my tongue out at her playfully, her returning it with a laugh before we hugged each other. "Good job, Karu. I'm proud." She whispered into my ear.

"Thank you, Né Né." I whispered back, then pulled away and walked with my brother to the stage. Halfway there, I forgot I was holding my cup. Damnit.

Once we got there, Maru grabbed the see-through star-attached award. I gave Anderson's bro hug before turning to the crowd and shaking my head softly in disbelief.

"Yo.." Maru started and nodded. "This is crazy, thank y'all so much for this.. it's.. yeah man, it's crazy. First and foremost I wanna thank God," I nodded softly. "I wouldn't be here without him on everything. And.. yeah, to be continued." He moved to the side for me to speak.

"He-"

"You so fine, Y/n!" I chuckled at the random fan that screamed, making me shake my head.

"Thank you." I mumbled as I looked down at the award, then back up at the arena filled with people. "I'm happy y'all vibe with the music, that's all I ever wanted to accomplish. Shout out to my mama for pushing me like hell, my brothers for always having my back.. everybody who saw our potential." I then raised the cup up. "This is water by the way; y'all gotta stay hydrated out there. Substitute the Henny for some H2O every now and then. To be continued though." I raised up the award with a nod before walking off the side of the stage with Maru.

"Damn.. Jhené rubbing off on you. 'Drink your water' headass." I shoved Maru with a chuckle as we handed the award to Tyler. "It's adorable sis."

"Suck my dick yo." I said with a huff as we were suddenly ushered to the back since we had to get ready for our performance. "I'm hungry as fuck now." I stretched, starting to change into my performance outfit.

I sat down and pulled the Nike box out of bag, smiling as I opened them up.

"You aren't." Jhené said as she walked in, laughing. "Nigga why?"

"Because I fucking can." I responded, slipping into the shoes. "Look at these nigga, say it's not fire."

She rolled her eyes and waved her hands before looking in the mirror as she fixed her straight hair. That's when I got a chance to look over her outfit and holy shit... she looked good. But, what was new?

"Trying to score a date or something?" I teased as she unbuttoned the jacket completely. She looked in the mirror at me before nodding softly. "Who's ass do I gotta kick then?"

"I don't know if you can kick your own ass but.. go for it." I chuckled. Smooth ass.

"Y'all ready b?" I looked at Maru and nodded as he dressed in his usual attire. Black jeans, his timb's, a white tshirt, and a forest green bomber jacket. New York ass nigga. "Let's go then."

I flipped him off before following him and Jhené to the side of the stage where we got our mics set up.

"Check check- a little higher please." I said to the sound guy as I spoke into the mic. "Check.. yeah that's good."

"Jhené follow me." An assistant said since we would be coming out on different sides of the stage.

"Okay just.." my eyebrows shot up when she stood on her tippy toes, her lips pressing against my cheek. "For good luck." She whispered, slowly pulling back and following after the girl without looking back.

"You missed my lips!" I called out jokingly and I heard her joyous laugh as she rounded the corner.

"Aight I'm going on.. kill it." Maru said as he tapped the back of my head twice. I nodded softly and clapped his back.

"Fuck it up bro." He walked onto the stage, while it was in commercial break to get in his position. While he did that, I walked over to the side entrance where I would come in at during my verse.

Once I heard the beat start, I nodded my head with a smile as my brother started the song off flawlessly, gaining a set loud of cheers instantly.

"Ready?" The assistant said to me as he held up his hand, counting down from five. Once he hit one, he pointed with a quick nod.

I walked forward as a smoke canon went off, masking me when I walked through while rapping. "Got your girl in my section finna blow up. A nigga smoking loud, I'm about to roll up. She ain't never got high like this with somebody like this, when she pop it tell her hol' up."

I playfully put my hands behind my head and I twisted my hip side to side, then walking towards Maru who was doing the adlibs.

"Better believe she gone leave with a real nigga. I dick her down can't put it down like I do. I get to bussin' no discussin', gotta deal with it. Team us, we ain't worried about you." We both then turned to the crowd as we did our little dance, the people cheering at our awkward yet confident choreography. I was no damn dancer but I had rhythm. "Murder she wrote. Yeah, when I hit it I'mma kill it I'mma get it like. Murder she wrote, you want to know how I know what I know."

Just then, fire lit up by the pyramid where Jhené strutted out and I swear the crowd was the loudest they've been all night.

I smirked, back peddling when she walked directly in my direction. "If your dude come close to me he gon' want to ride off in a Ghost with me. I might let your boy chauffeur me.." when she turned around, I quickly got the gist and placed my hand on her back as she slowly leaned down while shaking her ass side to side. "But he got to eat the booty like groceries."

I bit my lip with a smirk as she raised up and walked across the stage. "But he gotta get rid of these hoes from me. I might have that nigga selling his soul for me. Ooh that's how it post to be." I backpedalled and slid up behind her again for her next line, sliding my arm along her waist before resting my hand on her exposed stomach. "If he wants me to expose the freak ooh. That's how it post to be ooh." She whined her hips against me before laughing softly and I couldn't help but chuckle as I backed away.

Now bouncing as I sung the chorus with Maru. "If your chick come close to me. She ain't going home when she post to be. I'm getting money like I'm post to be."

Once the dance break came up, the backup dancers all made a half circle around us and I couldn't resist it. I handed my mic to one of the dancers before pulling my pants up and starting my C walk.

I did a little spin at the end before feeling my hat taken off. Jhené put my hat on her head backwards, then walked up and started to do her own little mini crip walk that I taught her way back when.

Everyone cheered and I hyped her up before we made eye contact, making me nod and step up.

Once I spun to her, I did a step to which she copied before doing her own, making me copy her. Then, like we use to, we both turned forward and did our own step together to the crowd which had everybody going crazy. We finished with me sliding to the right, her sliding to the left to pass me. 

I loved at how we didn't miss a beat, even though it's been years since we did that. "Aye if your chick come close to me, she ain't going home when she post to be..."

We finished the song off with a bang.. literally. A couple little fire canons went off loudly and I smiled at the standing ovation we got.

"Y'all have a good night, we're Nami, ride wit it." I raised my hands to my lips before blowing a kiss, backing away as Jhené followed and I grabbed my hat from her head, draping my arm over her shoulder and walking off the stage.

"That was the most fun I've had performing ever." She said, her eyes glowing as we got our mic boxes taken off. "Thank you so much for letting me be on this song."

"Thank you for being on it." I retorted with a wink. "So.. what should we do now?"

"Party nigga! We just won our first award and closed an award show bruh." Maru shook his head, clapping once. "I'm so hyped, I wanna get fucked up."

"White girl wasted?" Jhené said before looking at me. I shrugged.

"Some blasians bout to get white girl wasted, let's go!" I couldn't help but laugh at my brother as he hooted, starting down the hall all crazy and shit.

"That's your brother." Jhené said as I pulled her into me and started after him.

"And your future brother and law." I retorted and she laughed into my shoulder but I was highkey dead serious.

Shit.. I already knew her ring size.

____

ahhhhh

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

76.6K 5.3K 80
It was 5 years later. Time has changed. The seasons came and gone as did people. With his parents troublesome separation, 19-year-old Kairo was growi...
42 2 12
Amlyne had been fighting the feelings she felt for Jeffrey Alan or Jeff for 10 years. They met when she was 11 and he was 14. He had moved from Verm...
2.4K 86 29
THIS IS A RIM OF THE WORLD FANFICTION ------------------------------------------- JACKIE X GABRIEL JAY X DARIUSH JADE X ALEX ...
70 15 19
Sheneil mother was murmured by her first husband, whom she had not divorced and she learned that she has a brother, but her brother doesn't know abou...