❝𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗥❞, ak...

Por -rverie

[UNDER EDITING] ❝Gotta enjoy the moment, cuz' I might be dead tomorrow❞ ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ 【意.】 A WANDERER who seeks... Más

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐑
Prologue
OO1. Princess Yona
OO2. Night before Tragedy
OO3. Incomings
OO4. Patients
OO5. Journey
OO6. Goodbye
OO8. Train to Change
OO9. Phantom Village
O1O. The White Dragon
O11. Power of the Claw

OO7. First Step

905 55 7
Por -rverie

-', 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗣ˎˊ˗
❱˚ the wanderer : 旅がらす ! ˚ˑؘ

Ahn Rei's POV

I had arrived in the opening located right in front of the hut, only to see Yona holding a huge axe on her still and seems fragile arms. She swing it over her head in no panic, but it was because the panic was born right in me.

"Yona!"

Surprised, she drop the axe, which anyone would very very much know that that's some stupid thing to do. Thanks to my fast reflexes, I was able to catch it before anyone's blood seeps out.

"What were you thinking!? I know that this isn't an easy task to bear, but there is surely other way than suicide!?"

She blink once, twice and continue staring at me. Before I could pull out my my hair even longer out of frustration, the red-head hides her laugh under the sleeve of the blue fabric.

"Don't worry Rei-san, I was only trying to even out my hair," she said, ruffling her bangs, "It distracts my concentration, kinda."

I let out my reliefs, whether it is by sighing or sliding down to my butt. "Phew, well it sure doesn't look like it."

I whipped out a dagger, which was always in the belt of my waist. I spin it around a few times, the blade went shining, shimmering, splendid under the sun. The lack of touches and heat makes it cool too— and so does the detailed and crafted, wooden hilt. It doesn't sprout out molds or any kind of unwanted things.

I pulled Yona down to sit on a log, untangling her radiant hair. It's a pity, to be honest. According to what I remember, back when it was longer, her hair was like a living flame. The first factors why people of Kouka loves the princess was surely because of her ruby hair. Even though it isn't as long like before anymore, Yona's hair still do attract people's attention.

"Trust me, it isn't easy to cut your own hair, you won't like the results. So ask anyone to help." Carefully, I start off from the fringes. Yona shudder when the blades touches her, but I wasn't letting it cut her.

Her hair wasn't anywhere balancing. The lefts are too short, while the rights are in the mixtures of longs and shorts.

"Then how do you cut your hair, Rei-san? Do Yun-san cut it for you?" Yona tilted her hair, and I hold it.

I scrunched my nose, "Well, after living alone for sometimes, cutting your hair becomes like a thing you need to be good at. Sure the results aren't what you're expecting, but it doesn't make us unbearable."

Yona frowned, "Aren't you living with Yun and Ik-soo?"

I followed her, realizing she don't know yet that I was a guest to Yun and Ik-soo, just like herself.

"Well, not really. I like to roam around, and Yun's way of untangling hair is very painful. So I try to maintain him from cutting it."

I played with my shoulder length hair, and thankfully, it's clean and not a single knots are found.

Finally satisfied with my work, Yona's long vibrant hair is now along with her chin. I quirked a smile, proud of it when in actuality, I would have totally sucked and ruined it. I had prepared for the worst, like when the images of Yona's red hair would magically turn to grey dawned on me. No offences to grey hair out there, it's gorgeous.

"And, done!" I gave a little swayed on her hair.

She ran to one of the buckets filled with water, checking her new hairdo. And when she gave a smile, I knew that I didn't make a serious mistakes.

Yona smiled, "Thank you for cutting my hair!"

I gave her my thumb, putting the dagger back to my waist, not noticing earlier about the attention it caught.

Yona's eyes quickly trailed down to my hands, and I could exactly tell that she was an opened book. Like a pure child that was born not long ago.

I stared back at the dagger, and it finally took the time for me to understand that she was curious about the crave in the hilt of it.

I stretch my hands towards her, "Here! You can keep it!"

Yona staggered at that, "B-but -"

"It's fine. Just in case dangers lurking behind us, use it wisely," I made a pause, and her motions was telling me to go on, "And, well, use it wisely!"

Her arms trembled heavily when it stretched, though she wasn't sweating gallons from the nervous, her eyes seems to be having an earthquake too. After having the strength to take the dagger, she examined the wooden hilt with innocent curiosity. Ironically it was, the hilt was craved in detail of a dragon.

"Rei-" "Oi, watcha' guys doing?"

Hak emerged from inside the hut, his bag of essentials and spears were already prepped on his shoulder. To this, Yona quickly hid the dagger behind her back, also giving in with what she was about to say.

'What did she want to say to me?'

"None of your business," Yona replied. She purposely make her eyebrows dived in.

"Wow. Okay, peachy much."

I myself shrugged, stepping inside the house to put on my cloak and my bag. Yona followed in, she herself wore her cloak Yun probably prepared for her. Though it looks pretty old, Yun did a pretty good job in scrubbing the dirt of the cloth.

I scanned the hut once more, sighing in satisfaction that I could visit the place my only friend stoodㅡ along with his a fully grown baby chick, and it this could probably be my last.

"I see that you guys are ready." Ik-soo came and fixed the collar of my cloak.

Yona tapped his shoulder, "Ermm- Ik-soo, I'm sorry for asking, but is Yun coming-"

"Hey! What happened to your shoes?!"

Yun trudged furiously from the woods, his steps resemble ones who just got scolded by their mommy, and told to go to their room. He point to Ik-soo's muddy shoes— who I would've guess that he just washed them yesterday since he looked so mad.

"Ahahaha... sorry!"

The red head suddenly step in to their conversation, her hands made contact with each other. "Yun, a-are you comiㅡ"

"Good lord, I just can't imagine how are you going to stay alive whilst I'm babysitting three dyed hair teenagers who's hunting myths and legends!" Yun proceed to rub his temples, those wrinkles on his foreheads are multiplying faster than I thought.

'But wait... babysitting?'

Yona stumble to stand in front of Yun, "Wait, so that meansㅡ you are-!"

Yun avert his form from facing the red head princess by babbling further to Ik-soo and entering the hut in hurry. I could steal a glance of his peachy pink face as if he was caught in the act— and there is nothing more cuter and relieving than seeing that. A smile etched on my face, and even Hak who had read Yun's face went on for a small smirk.

Yun finally agreed on going with us, and he doesn't seem to feel forced by it.

"Rei! You almost forgot the paste! People might be hurt, and I don't want to hear you say you forgot the paste!"

I laughed at his mommy behavior, walking inside to retrieve the forgotten medicine in the cabinets. Realization finally overcome Yona, and her face hasn't been that happy after seeing Hak awake from his fall.

"Finally, the fellowship is complete. I pray for your safe journey." Ik-soo beamed brightly, inspecting each one of us who are don for the journey. I sense anxiousness from beside me, which radiates from Yona as her hands shook slightly with biting lips.

I held her hands, to which surprise her, "Don't worry, Yona. We'll be there till the end of the road with you."

Her lips slowly curved upwards, nodding along at my words. If I were sure, I could feel Hak eyes gazing at us, but it left not more than a couple sec before I look at him.

Yun finish his motherly speech for Ik-soo, along with some deep moments we don't want to ruined, and the four of us walk down the path, after saying our goodbyes and wave to Ik-soo, to find the four dragons. Each one of us know that once we step on to the path, there is no going back to our old lifes. Even if this all ended, there are no guarantee we'll ever be the same.

"Wait, Rei!" Ik-soo exclaimed from behind us.

The four of us look back at Ik-soo who run also stumble to me, and I signal the others to continue walking, which they did.

"I guess you want to talk only to me?" I placed my hands on my hips.

He take a couple breath after running, "Yes, I do. I wanted to give you this before you go."

He reached out from his inner pocket to reveal a white pendant, in a shape of one's dragon claws would look like. It reflects the light under the sun, and in the most magical way, it seems to emit rainbow light when it expose to light. And I recognize them immediately.

"Wait, isn't this... this isー!"

"Yes, I know. It flowed to me one day when I'm doing my daily prayer. It must have expect for the master to be here," he said, stretching out the pendant toward me, "It's awaits its master, Rei."

I scan them gently, and going to be back in my hands, it just seem like an illegal crime. Hesitation controlled me, but Ik-soo gently hold my hand in his, and place the white jewel on my hands.

The cold jewel earns a soft gasp by its touch.

With a steady sigh, I hang them in my neck and it feel like I'm a different person already— like the person back then.

"Thank you, Ik-soo," I grasp the pendant tightly, smiling, "For everything."

He smile, a glance of his velvet eyes on my sight which caught me off guard, "Be careful. And guard them well."

I nodded firmly, bowing slightly and dart back to follow the others, the words left my lips in whisper, "I will."

"What did he told you?" Yun asked as I reach them, but I shook my head lightly, a tiny smile drawn on my face.

"Nothing important. Now, let's go and find the dragons!"

Yun shook his head back judgingly at my enthusiastic of finding the dragon while Yona laugh. It seems better now that I hear Yona laugh, even if she wasn't feeling for one. 

I glance at Hak, who was already staring at me. We had a lengthy stare down— none of us have a low ego to turn away from a fight, before he dart his eyes back to the road, a strange smirk on his lips.

"Let's hurry. We need to cross three mountains before the sun set." Yun guide the way while I stay at the back to guard the trio quietly, without making myself suspicious.

"Are you already ordering us around?" Hak added sarcastically, walking beside Yona.

"Just shut up and follow him, he knows the best around here." I retorted back, giving Hak a silent eye.

"I'm a handsome genius, of course I am."

While Yun proudly compliment himself, I could see that he had already miss Ik-soo, for how his eyes turn red once walking away from the hut. But in span of couple seconds, his face radiates a bright energy I had ever seen on him.

"You did well, Yun." I mumbled, looking at the blue sky, "It has begin, isn't it."

─────────────────

"So one of them is in a hidden tribe across the border?" The hooded princess asked as we rest by a small village. A small snack was place in front of us, along with hot beverages.

I tapped the table out of habit, "Yep, and it's a long, long way from here."

The place was guarded by the capital due to it being near Fire Tribe, so we had our guards up. We couldn't let anyone know Yona was here, even worse warn her to the capital or endanger her.

"Hak, are you okay?"

Hak especially, look like he was about to pounce someone right there if anyone had there eyes on Yona just for a milliseconds. I nudge at him when he didn't respond.

"Did you forget to buy something?" Yun asked, leaning back on his chair. His eyes said yes, yet what he answered was opposite of that.

"You can go. I'll wait here with Yun." Hak hesitated at Yona's answer, but he eventually rose from his chair when he didn't find any suspicious people around.

"Wait, I'll go with you," I looked over to Yun, "You'll be okay alone?"

Yun nodded and usher me to go as I ran out of the store, my hands unconsciously wrap around the sword dangling on my hips, which is out of sight due to my cloak, "So what are you buying?"

Hak nudge his head to a worn out shop in the corner, "Just some weapon. I lost my bow after I fall from the cliff."

He took his time to find the perfect bow, and I look for some extra arrows in case I ran out too soon in an account of hunting for food. I quickly found one which appears lighter and much cheaper than the others. Soon after Hak decided to purchase a bow, his eyes glanced over to a sword sitting on a shelf.

"It's a self-defenses sword," the owner of the store spoke quietly, "It's small enough for a frail girl to use it."

On the word frail girl, our mind quickly goes to Yona, "We should buy it for Yona so she can protect herself." I added instantly, reaching for the sword.

He stopped me by grabbing the back of my cloak, "She don't need it. It's my job to protect her."

My brows dived at his words, "But she do need it. You can't just protect her each and every time."

"I will and I can," he seems irked at my words but held it in, "I promise Emperor Il and I don't intend to break them."

My crease gets deeper as we stay here and I pulled my cloak harshly from his grasp, facing him, "What if you're not beside Yona when she's in danger then? Will she not fight and find you instead?"

Hak didn't like the way I put the term in when he inched his face closer to mine, "I will never leave the princess's side until all of this end."

"And I don't think this will end soon nor smoothly."

The tension around us were tough, both of us neither backing down for the sake of Yona. Our hands were tight on our weapons, unknowingly. Even the owner of the store appears to wish that we part soon, but he himself couldn't do it when both of us look well-built, tough guys.

"The world is a cruel place, and I'm sure Yona acknowledges them too well already," slowly, I let my hands fall off from my hilt, "Not after what happened. Soon enough, she need to fight— even if we don't want her to."

"What do you know about what happened to us?" A shadow cast his eyes, and I did expect him to use his spears now. His hands were trembling and knuckles were turning white as how tight he held onto his spear.

"Not like you. That's why I expect you to know her better," I let the words slip slowly from my lips, "You probably already realize how Yona wants to fight."

Hak glared at me, stepping closer, "So what about it?"

"Then you should let her."

Immediately, I walk out of the store after paying the arrows— mumbling a thanks to the old man and leaving Hak on his own thought. He should dawn the scenario soon that we couldn't protect Yona one day, and she had to have at least something to defend herself.

Hak didn't even stop me from leaving— nor do I want to, and I didn't exactly think about going back to the store nor to Yun and Yona. Even with my destination-less wandering, my guard was still on since the town was heavily filled with Fire Tribe soldiers around. 

Indistinctly, part of me try regretting about walking off alone, yet another side of me debunked them with the fact I have a sword by my side.

"Hey, miss!"

I turned my head to look at the children that called out to me, and one of the kid ran to me, "This is for you!"

She held out a few plucks of dandelions, all in a different length. The other kids follow soon, and crowded around me. She pulled my hands to her tiny one, letting my fingers held onto the flowers.

"But, why?"

"You look sad and lonely, that's why." Another boy, with a messy hair and a nose with snot exclaimed.

'Did I really look sad and lonely? Was it because of just now?'

"Silly, I'm not sad nor lonely. But thank you!" I gave them one huge smile, gazing over the yellow flowers. Its weird how just a several cheerful kids around me, and a bunch of pretty little flowers could brighten my mood in seconds.

A dash of wind pass us, making my hood fell limply on my shoulder.

"It's okay though!" A girl inch closer to me, "It's suit you well, like a princess!"

I chuckled quietly at her comment, thinking that if she gave this flowers to Yona instead, we would all panic when she said the word princess aloud.

"Well, I must be wrong, but I'm sure you guys are the princesses and princes."

The kids beamed brightly at a single sentence, and I was sure this could light up a whole kingdom. They all went back to their own play after a few of the small kiddos talk with me, and I use this moment to go find the others.

I turned a corner which would lead me to the store Yun and Yona's in, but I ended up bumping myself to a hard, wall-like object when I was putting the flowers into my satchel.

"Hey, watch it!" It turns out to be a person's chest, a man with a comrade beside him. The worst part is, that they are a Fire Tribe soldiers. Probably sons of some damn aristocrat.

I stepped away quickly, one of my hands holding tightly on my hood to cover my face, "I'm sorry."

"Hey, wait!" When I decide to escape myself from anymore trouble, one of them held onto my wrist, pulling them slightly, "Are you lost, young lady?"

"N-no, I'm not." Okay, curse my stuttering, now I look like some damn lost puppy.

Getting the attention of Fire Tribe soldiers when the plan was clearly to not do so made me wary, ultimately producing a stutter.

"I've never seen you around here," his comrade tried peeling my hood off, but I backed away from his touch.

"We're probably been too long in the capital, that's why," the one holding my wrist said, pulling me closer, "You look pretty cute."

"Please let go of my hand." Both of them didn't listen or mind my request, and tried to further look at my face. It was stupid of me to think that they would listen to me if I pleaded nicely.

"We could help you guide your way back home," the one holding my wrist suggested, "or maybe you could join us for some teas."

"I'm sorry, but I'm busy right now," I tried pulling my hands once more, but it was a tight grip, "So let me go, now."

His comrade chuckled, pressing onto my shoulder, "Feisty much? It's okay, it's just for a little while. You don't have to be afraid of us."

I clenched my teeth, my other hand already hovering over the sword hidden inside my cape. If I can't escape this easily, then I guess I have to be a little nasty. I was about to punch the one holding my wrist, before a sudden yelled emit from behind the building.

"What was that?!" The soldiers went dashing to inspect the yell, leaving me alone, and I took this chance to run into the woods. But that somehow failed, too.

A hand grab me from behind, pulling it quick and covers my mouth from protesting. My back once again hit a wall-like object, and I struggle against them before jabbing them in the stomach and kicking their shin. As they became off guard and release me, I spin to deliver a roundhouse kick to— hopefully, their head.

Yet they held on to them few inches before it came in contact.

"You're pretty strong."

I glance at the perpetrator, soon confused to see Hak's face near my leg.

"Hak? What are you doing here?" He let my leg fall back to the ground, but to instead pull me by the back of my hood.

"Everyone was looking for you," I wince slightly when he flicked my forehead, "Do you know how dangerous it is to be caught in by Fire Tribe soldiers?"

"Technically, It wasn't my fault—"

"If I had been late from yelling to distract them, who knows what they'll do to you? You make me worried, for god sake!" He yank my hood to my chin harshly, making me lean towards him in sudden.

I tried pulling my hood off, my hair getting in the way, "W-wait! You were worried about me?"

Hak glance over me, his face void of expression yet his eyes swam something I couldn't recognize. I tilt my head slightly, because of how close we were and his form is technically a whole giant against me. Now that we're closer, I could see his eyes were a pool of sapphires— not a glooming dark I always thought it was. After a while of silent staring, he scoffed inwardly.

"As if," a smirk took over his lips, "I don't give a damn if they burn you alive or feed you to the wolves."

My face formed into an irked, putting all the strength to hold my stance and not pounce or slaughter him right there. It's not like I didn't know he would say that to cover the embarrassment of choosing the 'wrong' words.

"But the princess and Yun is."

Hak smirk widen, "So you better not die now. Now come on! Because of you, Yun said we are twenty minutes late!"

He easily held back the back of my cloak, pulling me to walk with him. I grumble under my breath, but smile slightly.

"Don't worry," I pulled my cloak away from him, letting a smirk of my own,

"I won't die that easily."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

38.2K 1.1K 40
"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟." Himar...
33.4K 913 25
DISCONTINUED I wrote this story when I was 13 years old, so yeah there will be cringy parts and a LOT of errors here. I don't mind if you guys want t...
109K 3.4K 73
This is the story of a Cyan Dragon Warrior who was born with her young sister, the Crimson Dragon. Before that she was also an Akatsuki no Yona fan a...
94.8K 3.8K 54
Yona of the Dawn Fanfiction. (WARNING ADHD AND DYSLEXIC DON'T MIX SPELLING ERRORS WILL BE THERE! PLEASE KINDLY POINT THEM OUT AND I'LL FIX IT THANKS...