Attention | Farkle Minkus

By nobodygottoknow

In which Thomas González gets the one thing he didn't think he needed, attention. More

00. Intro (changed it)
00. Cast
00. Covers
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
I was tagged
27
Text Messages (100k special)
28
29
30
31

06.

9.5K 216 142
By nobodygottoknow

Thomas González was stuck in Art Class. He didn't hate it, but he didn't like it that much either mostly because of one particular reason.

"Do you always draw Roses?" Thomas heard a curious voice ask.

"No, I occasionally draw eyes and skulls. They are the only ones I can actually draw." Thomas said then turned to look at his drawing, "what about you?"

"I'm not an artist, but this is my best work." The boy told him.

"That's a circle." Thomas pointed out.

"Exactly, it's a pretty good circle." Thomas chuckled. "I'm Milo."

"Thomas."

The art teacher, Mr Bradley, walked over and stopped to look at Milo's artwork.

"What do you think?" Milo asked looking at his teacher.

"Well, it's your best work yet." Mr Bradley told him.

Milo nodded, "yeah, I even colored it this time."

"Never change." Mr Bardley patted his shoulder than walked off.

Thomas looked at Milo confused, abandoning his painting, "aren't you new?"

"I've been in the same class with you for almost 2 years, you've just never noticed the people in your class, you barely pay attention to anything." Milo informed him, "but lately you have, its unusual." Thomas gave him a weird look. "Oh, I talk to everybody and notice everything."

"You'd be a great writer for the school newspaper, or a helper in it." Thomas told him.

"I am." Milo responded.

"Oh, what else don't I know?" Thomas groaned.

"Man, you are so out of the loop. I'll tell you everything next period." Milo promised.

"You do know we have to pay attention to class, right?" Thomas questioned.

"Yeah, but I don't understand Algebra." Milo told him.

"Its not that hard..."

"You're not human."

°°°°°°

Thomas walked out of his last class feeling slightly revealed and tired. Biology was a subject that always seemed to drain his energy and cause his mind to wonder.

He always had to spend extra time studying because he always got distracted and missed some important information, he had to go to the library, look up notes, videos of the lesson, the last result was asking a classmate or asking his teacher questions.

He remembered how his mom used to tease his father whenever they mentioned Biology. He hated that, he hated that he was similar to his father.

He hated the thought that one day he would turn out like his father, he didn't want to, he couldn't.

His father wasn't always like this, Thomas once knew him as a loving, caring, teasing, and protective father.

The father knew now was different, but he couldn't hate his father, he tried, he really did but he really couldn't.

"Thomas!"

The said boy turned around to see Lucas and Farkle walking towards him, and by the look on Lucas' and Farkle's face he guessed that Lucas was the one who called him.

"Hey." Thomas greeted them a little confused.

"Hey, we were going to see a movie, you in?" Lucas asked him.

"What movie?" Thomas asked them, they shrugged, "so we'd go there with no idea what movie to watch and probably argue about which movie we should watch?"

"Seems about right." Farkle agreed.

"Okay." Thomas nodded.

"Okay?"

"Okay."

°°°°°°

The next day was career day, a day that Thomas dreaded. He had no parent to come and talk about their career, he had his father but he didn't even know if he was in the states plus he'd prefer it if his father stayed away from his school and his friends.

That wasn't necessarily the only reason why he dreaded today, he knew the sympathetic and pity looks would increase today.

He wasn't an idoit, he saw their looks and he heard their whispers, he knew that after he was sent to the hospital his classmates would find out but he was never prepared for that.

It took them also three days before someone finally put the pieces of the puzzles together. He thought that the rumours would stop once they knew, he was wrong.

The rumours grew, wondering what happened to his father, wondering if Thomas had anything to do with it, wondering if Thomas was the reason he's father turned out like that, wondering if Thomas deserved what happened, wondering if Thomas was just doing this for attention.

Thomas couldn't help but feel hurt each time he heard the rumours.

"Alright future history makers welcome to career day." Mr Matthews told his students, "now there are a lot of ways to make your mark on the world."

A woman entered the classroom, "hi Riley."

"Oh, great, Shakira's here." Riley commented.

Thomas' eyes trailed off to the parents in the corner of the classroom, a male cop talking to either a female nurse or maybe a surgeon. A business man behind them sitting down, he could be anything, a real estate agent, a lawyer, advertiser, or maybe something else.

Riley looked at Maya, "where's your mom?"

"She won't be coming." Maya informed her.

"But she told you she was coming." Riley reminded her.

"Yeah, she did." Maya responded.

"Okay guys, our first guest today is a lawyer, I likes her." Mr Matthews told his students before turning to his wife, "hey lawyer lady, how about we go out sometime? I get out work every at 3:15 except Tuesdays I got playground."

Thomas looked back at the three parents in the corner of the room.

"So I am an attorney, I got here through a lot of hard work and school. By the time I was your age I had 350 As." Mrs Matthews told them.

Thomas' eyes widened, wow.

A knocking sound was heard.

Riley turned to Maya, "your mom! There she is."

Mr Matthews walked over to the door and opened it, "Minkus."

Mr Minkus looked at him for a second before looking at Mrs Matthews, "Topanga."

"Staurt." Mrs Matthews said.

"Topanga." Mr Minkus repeated and walked over to Farkle.

"Father." Farkle greeted.

Mr Minkus put a hand on his son's shoulder, "Farkle."

"Wait a minute." Lucas said.

"Yes?" Farkle asked.

"He's your father?" Lucas asked.

"Look at us." Farkle said.

They put there heads closer together and smiled.

"Your name is Farkle Minkus?" Lucas asked him.

"Don't wear it out." Farkle told him.

"I dont know how you could." Lucas admitted.

Mr Minkus walked to the front of the class, "I'm sorry I'm late, everybody. I had helicopter problems because I have a helicopter." Mr Minkus turned to look at Mr Matthews, "do you have a helicopter, Cory?"

"No, do you have a Topanga, Minkus?" Cory asked back.

"Nope, because she choose you. I run Minkus International, I have a helicopter, and she choose you." Mr Minkus said.

"Staurt, please aren't we a little too evolved to still be competing with each other?" Mrs Matthews asked.

Mr Minkus let out a laugh, "of course."

Mrs Matthews let out her own laugh, "of course."

"Go!" The both turned to each other and shouted.

Thomas let out a smile, he suddenly didn't hate career day. It was almost as interesting as the argument Farkle and Lucas had over which movie they should watch but they had good points and Thomas needed a laugh.

"Between the two of us, Riley and I have 1260 As." Mrs Matthews told him, "Ha!

"Well, that's remarkable Topanga. Between the two of us Farkle and I have 1261." Mr Minkus told her.

"Ha!"

"Ha!"

Mrs Matthews turned to glare at her husband and he let out a screech.

"I-I had to Topanga, he's a lot smarter than I am." Mr Matthews told her.

"But what's more important to me than anything is that I have this guy. Come up here, Son." Mr Minkus said, smiling fondly.

Farkle walked up to his father with a smile.

"Come up here daughter."

Riley walked up to her mother with a smile.

"Look how tall she is, she's been taller than me since the day she was born." Mrs Matthews told Ms Minkus.

Ms Minkus tried to make Farkle look taller.

"Well, very nice, good for you guys. So this is what career day is really all about." Mr Matthews told his class.

"Yeah, I love it every year." Maya said.

"I'm sorry, Maya your mom just got a little busy." Mr Matthews told her, trying to reassure her.

"Are you okay?" Riley walked over and asked her.

"I'm always okay." Maya told her.

Riley held out her hand.

Maya took it, "yeah, thanks."

Riley pulled Maya over to her mom.

"So these are the two ladies that you tell me keep chasing you, huh?" Mr Minkus asked his son.

"Please." Farkle quietly told them.

"Yes, sir, it is us." Riley told him.

"I'm not doing it." Maya said.

Riley nudged her.

"Yes, sir, its us. We hope that one day, one of us will be lucky enough to become the future Mrs Farkle Minkus and have a lot of baby Minki." Maya said.

The back door opened again and this time Dr Ramsey was at the door.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." Dr Ramsey told them, closing the door behind him.

"Dr Ramsey? What are you doing here?" Thomas asked him confused.

"Well its career day, isn't it?" Dr Ramsey said feeling a little awkward.

"Yes, it is." Mr Matthews walked towards him, "I'm Cory Matthews, Thomas' history teacher."

°°°°°°

"Dr Ramsey?" Thomas asked after stepping out of school with said doctor.

"Yeah, kid?" Dr Ramsey responded.

Thomas chose not to say anything about his choice of nickname, "thank you for coming, you didn't have to."

Dr Ramsey nodded, "yeah, it's no problem. Chinese?"

°°°°°°

"The Korean War." Mr Matthews started.

"Davis Khan." Farkle said.

"What?" Mr Matthews asked.

"I just wanted to see what would happen." Farkle told him, "proceed."

A lady opened the door, "hello, Cory Matthews. I am so sorry for interrupting."

"Oh no." Maya said.

"Nothing to forgive, Katy. Class, this is Maya's mother, Katie Hart." Mr Matthews said.

"Mom what are you doing?" Maya asked, "it was yesterday. "

"Yesterday, I was unable to attend your little job fair." Ms Hart said.

"Career day." Maya corrected.

"Yesterday, I was trapped. In my vehicle. In the rushing flood waters of the mighty Colorada River." Ms Hart said with an Accent, "to make matters worse, I just found out I was going to have a baby any second so i crawled myself through the sunroof and i said 'let's do this thing!, then I commenced to deliver my own baby until finally I heard that wonderful magical sound, 'waa waa mama, are you my mama?'"

"Maya?" Riley asked.

"Soap opera. She was auditioning for a soap opera." Maya explained.

"Can you believe I didn't get it?" Ms Hart asked the class them responding with a 'yes.'

"Yes, I am an actress." Ms Hart said, "are there any questions I can answer for anyone?"

Farkle raised his hand.

"Ah, yes, the Farkle."

"Why are you wearing a waitress outfit?" Farkle asked.

"Anyone else?" Ms Hart asked, avoiding the question.

Lucas raised his hand.

"Yes, the pretty blonde man right there."

"Yeah, thanks, um why are you wearing a waitress outfit?" Lucas asked.

Thomas sighed.

"My dad says 'actors are just a bunch of people who never grew up'." A girl in the class, Sarah, said.

"What does your dad do?" Ms Hart asked.

"He's a director." Sarah told her.

"Is he?" Ms Hart questioned, "well, I'm sure your father never gave me a job either which is the real reason I wear this outfit every day. Well, I'll just be going."

Ms Hart left, Riley going after her, Maya following after almost a minute.

°°°°°°

Thomas was at the art exhibit at school for Maya, so he would be able to see her art for the first time.

Thomas walked towards Maya and took a look towards her painting, "hey, you're actually really talented."

"Surprised?" Maya asked him.

"Honestly, kind of. But... I like that I'm learning new things about you."

Riley walked towards them, Lucas and Farkle behind her, "how's it going?"

"Its going fine." Maya informed her.

"What does your mom think?" Riley asked her.

"She never showed up." Riley realized.

"Its just you guys." Maya said.

"Are you telling me your mom never showed up?!" Riley asked.

Maya shook her head, "no." Maya saw Mr and Mrs Matthews walking towards them, "but of course you did."

"Hey Maya." Mrs Matthews greeted her, "wow, you really have some talent, look at that place."

"I bet it's got great mashpatatos." Mr Matthews said.

"Look at that lady, why can you only see half of her?" Farkle said. Lucas covered his mouth his arms. "Oh."

Riley pursed her lips then left.

°°°°°°

This took longer to finish because I couldn't find any inspiration to continue after the first scene but I finally did it.

But I dont feel that good about the first scene, but I tried.

I rewrote the introduction, I like it better now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 581 47
Josh returns and Maya starts falling for him... Josh is all over the place with feelings. But will they fall as one for eachother? Find out in
4.4K 89 23
Follow Maya and Josh's journey as they take on graduation, a new business, engagement, ghosts from their past, weddings, death and so much more.
50.6K 1K 34
Maya doesn't believe in having a one. Mostly because no one in her family had been able to keep there "one" Josh doesn't believe in love that is unti...
87K 2.8K 20
When Maya and Lucas hang out at the park one day, Maya feels as if there may be something between them. But if there is, will she destroy more and mo...