Clarity

By GreenDayFan2968

Almost 30 years after Jasper lost Alice to the Vultori, he thought he would never love anyone like that again... More

Playlist
Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eightenn
Thank You...

Chapter One

2.2K 43 2
By GreenDayFan2968

It was Livia's first day at Forks High School. She had moved there because her dad got offered a job at the hospital. Forks was small and even with Dr. Cullen there, they still needed more people to work there. With how many people live in forks you would think that the hospital wouldn't be so busy. It was the exact opposite most of the time. Livia wasn't too happy about the move, but she wasn't too upset. She didn't have many friends. She wasn't emo or alternative or anything, she just assumed she naturally repelled other human beings. Maybe things would be different here in forks. She finished her walk to school since her dad didn't have a car for her to drive and she didn't dare ride the bus. She was one of the first people to get to the school. She made a mental note to leave the house later tomorrow.

She wandered around a bit, looking around the school before she went to get her schedule. She was a sophomore in high school and she was 16. She took a few tests before she actually started school to see if she could take any honors classes or even junior level classes and she passed, with an almost perfect score. After more people started to show up she went to go get her schedule. She walked into the office and almost immediately all eyes were on her. She guessed that news travels fast in Forks.

"You must be Livia," the lady at the front desk said.

"Thats me. I'm supposed to come pick up my schedule up here."

The lady handed her her schedule and a map of the school and sent her on her way before she could even thank her.

She looked at her schedule.

1st Period: Algebra 11

2nd Period: German 3-4

3rd Period: U.S. History

4th Period: Art 3-4

Lunch

5th Period; Biology 1-2

6th period: English 5-6 Honors

She walked around and found all her classes without even having to look at her map. She heard the warning bell ring that class was going to start in five minutes so she headed to her first period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasper knew it was her before she even entered the room. Her scent was different. New, fresh. He saw the anxiety in her face and tried to use his gift to calm her down. It worked. He saw her face relax and then went back to staring off into space.

That was until she sat right next to him.

"Hi, I'm Livia." she said as she sat down.

"I'm Jasper," he answered.

She got the hint that he did not want to talk to she didn't bother to make more small talk. The teacher made her stand in front of the class and made her introduce herself to everyone. Once she sat down she started taking notes.

Jasper couldn't help but look at her. She wasn't pretty in the way Alice was, but she was pretty nonetheless. Her blood smelled so good. Almost too good. He wrote it off on the fact that he hadn't gone hunting in a while. The bell rang and she stood up and before Jasper knew it, she was sprawled on the floor. Her papers were everywhere. Everyone else got up and left. Jasper was the only one who stayed and helped her.

"What happened?" he asked, chucking. It reminded him of how clumsy Bella was while she was a human.

"Honestly, I have no clue." she said, and then giggled,

Jasper extended his hand and helped her get up off the floor and get her stuff.

"Where are you heading next?" He asked,

"German, you?"

"History."

They parted ways after they left the classroom and they were both wondering if they would run into the other again today. It wasn't until lunch before they saw each other again, and Livia noticed that his table was full so she went to eat in the hallways. One thing she noticed was that they all had the same pale skin tone, they all looked like supermodels, and everyone at the table was with someone holding hands except for Jasper. She felt sorry for him. She tried not to think of his black eyes as she ate her ham sandwich, but failed miserably. There was just something that drew her to him and she didn't even know him. She hoped that the rest of the day would go by faster as she ate alone, waiting for 5th period to start.

She had 5th and 6th period with Jasper. They sat together, but didn't really talk. They were too caught up in the classes. At least that's why Livvy wasn't talking. The bell rang to end the school day and she was eager to get home. And out of Jaspers sight. His staring was starting to freak her out a little. She wondered if he did that to everyone he sat next to in class.

She started walking through the parking lot, feeling self conscious walking by all the groups of people and cars. She was tempted to run out of the parking lot, but decided not to. It would bring to much attention on her and she didn't want that. As she was walking by one of the groups of people she heard someone call out to her.

"He sweetheart. You look a little lonely" one of the boys in their group said. She couldn't tell who said it and didn't care. She kept walking and put her headphones in. Hoping that this boy would leave her alone.

He didn't.

She was walking and felt her headphones get ripped out of her ears. She turned to look at the boy who did it. He was pretty big. There was no way she was going to be able to escape him.

"What do you want?"

"Oh! She speaks! Anyway, I wanted to know if you wanted a ride home with me," he said, winking at me.

"I'll pass." she turned to walk away but he grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him.

"Hey!" she exclaimed.

"I won't take no for an answer sweetie. So your going to get in my car weather you like it or not."

"I said no." She tried to walk away again but he grabbed her again and pushed her. Her being super clumsy, tripped over her own feet, it could have been someone from the group but she doubted that.

She heard her head hit the pavement before she felt the pain. She didn't know what was happening but, all of a sudden, Jasper was threatening the kid. After he got the boy to get in his car and leave he rushed over to Livvy.

He didn't smell blood so that was a good sign.

"Livia, Are you all right?" he asked.

She tried to sit up but got dizzy. "I'm fine. Just a little dizzy. I probably shouldn't walk home."

"I can take you to the doctor. My dad works at the hospital." he said, helping her to her feet and helping her to his car. It was a black '94 mustang.

"Thats funny,"

"Why?" he asked after sitting in the drivers side.

"My dad works there too."

The drive there was silent, but not uncomfortable. It was easy to be around Jasper. That might have been her head injury talking though. She never liked having company.

When they got to the hospital they walked into the ER. Jasper signed her in but when the receptionist noticed both of their last names, she sent them back right away.

She felt like she was in there for hours. While they waited for the x-rays to print or whatever they did, Carlisle and Jasper tried to make small talk. She talked about her life back in Alaska. How the only real difference between there and Forks was that it rained just a little bit more here than it did there, Once she was cleared to leave Jasper drove her home.

"Make sure you take those painkillers. They'll help." he turned his dark eyes on her.

"Yes sir," she joked. She walked inside the big, empty house and started on her homework. She might actually have made a friend today, She couldn't wait to go back to school so she could see him again.

Till then, she would keep herself busy. Eventually she got tired and welcomed the dark comfort of sleep and let it envelop her and tried to stop thinking about Jasper. She had never been that excited to go to school before. She hoped the night would pass quickly as she listened to the rain hitting the roof. It was going to be a long night. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 555 18
Serendipity โ€ข finding something good without looking for it โ€ข There was something about Daria, something that everyone saw and noticed. She had this...
20.2K 590 14
IN WHICH - Sabine Cullen knows that Jasper Hale is her soulmate, but flat out refuses to tell him. @-toodeviant / 2023
654 31 10
Alyssa thought she lost the love of her life. Shortly after getting married, he left for the army. He would write her letters everyday until all of a...
1.3K 95 8
โI think I may be downright and undeniably in love with you.โž โThat's not surprising. I'm one of a kind.โž โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ After issuing an ultimatum for...