13 WISHES

By Kizzy_Dev

{PUBLISHED ON WEBNOVEL AS A PAID STORY} "... ah! Ah!... help me! some body!...let! me! Go!". ************ "U... More

Prologue
Meet Dave
Katherine
CAST
Get to know each other
Know More
Secrets are best unspoken
Three's a Crowd
Beach Day
The Pact
She is not my girlfriend
The Kidnapping - Prt 1
The Kidnapping - Prt 2
Rescue and Escape
The Calm After The Storm
Welcome
Home where the sun shines
I care so much it hurts
Healing Hugs
Changing
Cold Games
Tremors of the Heart
Win Some To Lose Some
The King's Queen
Suicide and Dramas
The birthday Party
Truth or Dare
Hurt
Falling into Temptation
Imprinted in my Heart
Passionate Rage
Leaving...but not without drama
Two Months Later
Just a dream
What destiny unites, life divides
The Truth
Cruel Truth
THE END
Q/A
HEAVEN ARC: 13 Reasons Why
HEAVEN ARC: Rebirth
SPEECHLESS
My Webcomic

Meet Katherine

599 120 1
By Kizzy_Dev

A wise man travels to discover himself.

•|•|•|•|•

Katherine's POV

Finally!

I am free,free to run and jump! Honestly,living in that house made me feel like freaking Rapunzel. I can't wait to explore the world,see new places...i was almost jumping in the seat of the taxi i boarded. I looked out the window excitedly,lights shone in every dark corner of the streets. It looked beautiful,just like I had seen on TV.

"Lagos is so beautiful at night" I whispered in awe. The driver smiled at me through the mirror and I smiled back. People seem nice enough,I don't know what my parents were so worried about. The driver stopped in front of a large,classy building "We're here".

"Oh,thank you" I grinned and gave him three thousand naira. "Keep the change" I added coming out of the taxi. The taxi man grinned and drove off. Now,you must be wondering why I came here,why would you go to a club on the day you finally became free? I came to see my best friend Liz whose father is my dad's associate so we are really close.

Yes yes,let's clarify it. I am Katherine Okafor and my father is Don Okafor,the most terrifying and dangerous man in Nigeria...but he is big ol' softie to me. I giggled at the thought. He is a big ol'softie to only me and no one else.

Since this my first time in a public place,i better look good. I brought out a make up mirror staring at my reflection. I took after my father. I have brown skin that I refer to as bronze,brown eyes and plaited my hair with attachment so long it reached my hips. I wore a black leather jacket,pink short-sleeved top inside,black jeans trousers and black boots. I looked so much like a bad girl. I smiled and looked up at the building.

"This is it" I took a deep breath and stepped into the club. Loud music and flashing lights defined the room. The lights blinded me a bit but I was too awestruck to even close my eyes. Everywhere looked beautiful,people were dancing,laughing,talking...it looked so fun.

"Wow...it's breathtaking!".

It looked exactly like the kind of parties my dad throws,except for the fact that there are no gang members,so fun. I took my time looking for Liz while looking around. Soon,i saw her dancing with some people.

"Liz! Liz!" I called but she didn't hear me,this music is so loud. "LIZ!" I marched to her and dragged her.

"Katherine?!" Liz said shocked. Her shocked look morphed in one of disbelief then happiness. "is it really you or am I imagining it?! You...you are finally out of your house. I can't believe it".

I laughed over the loud music as she rambled in disbelief. Her eyes sparkled just like the ring on her nose. Liz had ridiculously fair skin,she had a pointed nose and her hair was extremely black,she curled it and it made her look so hot. She wore a black leggings. Her nylon crop top was also black with laced sleeves. She looked wonderful.

"I feel like a potato next to you" I joked and we laughed. "Let's go somewhere else Liz! The music is so loud" I winced covering my ears.

"Come with me!" Liz shouted and led me to the stairs where it was less noisy.

"I can't believe you are here" She said amazed.

I smiled and hugged her "I know,I can't believe it too".

"How did you get out of your house?" Liz asked pulling away. "I thought your father wouldn't let you out".

"He would never. I escaped" i said proudly. It's not everyday you escape from your father's heavily guarded house.

Liz's jaw dropped "you did what?!".

"I escaped".

"But i thought it was impossible to escape".

"No it wasn't,I have lived in that house for years. I know everyone's routine and how things work" I smirked. "I had been planning escape for months. My dad was throwing a party tonight and I pretended to argue with him earlier. During the party when everyone was distracted,I ran away".

"Wow,such a bad girl" Liz teased. "Now what do you do? I am sure your father is looking for you and if he finds you,let's face it,you will never get out again".

"That's why I came to you" I said. "I need to stay with you for a while till I find someone who can help me with my wishes. We all know that you will be the first person my dad will go to".

"True" Liz nodded. "Okay,wait here. I have to get my things". I nodded and Liz left.

I looked around bobbing my head to the music. I closed my eyes feeling the music and I couldn't help it,I danced. Dancing had always been in my blood. Whenever I heard music,my body would move to the beat.

I felt satisfied. This is what it truly means to be alive,being happy. I was knocked out of my reverie by some guy who bumped into me. I stared at him and he stared back. He was tall,had brown skin darker than mine,black tough hair that just refused to be combed and dark eyes that seemed to pull me in. There was something about this guy,something....strange. He muttered 'sorry' and left. My eyes were trained on him until he disappeared out of sight. Someone grabbed me by the arm tightly.

"Hey!" I frowned turning to the person. It was a man with a sinister glint in his eyes. He looked dangerous. Oh no,don't tell me it's one of my Dad's rivals.

"Leave me" I hissed but stiffened when I felt something cold pressed on my back.

"Move" he grunted. I glared at him,moving slowly the way he led me. We reached a deserted area in the club and he spun me around to face him,pointing a gun to my forehead. Two men joined him.

"So this is the famous Katherine Okafor. Don Okafor's precious daughter" one of the men spoke up. He seemed to be the leader.

"Who are you?" I asked glaring at them.

"You can call me Tyga".

I narrowed my eyes at him "Abdul Hassan's son I see. Why don't you play these games with my dad,he will be more than happy to entertain you".

"I like you. Smart talker for someone who just left the four corners of her home" Tyga smirked. "You will be a good chip to use against Don Okafor so be a pretty girl and stay put".

"Sorry but I don't have any intention of being a pretty girl" I said and grabbed a metal rod that was next to me. I swung it,hitting the huge guy's gun to the floor. He grunted in surprise and Tyga and the other man lunged for me. I hit the other man in the face and kicked him while dodging Tyga. The big guy lunged for me but I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. He keeled over.

Tyga caught my rod when I swung it at him and threw it away. I stepped back panting ready to throw my fists. I punched the other man who was heading for me and did the same for Tyga. He was prepared to catch it but it was a feint,my real attack was kicking him in the crotch. He fell as well cursing. I punched his face good and ran away.

I brought out my phone and called Liz. Thank goodness she answered immediately.

"Hello,Kath?! Where are you?!" Liz yelled. "I went over to-".

"Liz listen!" I hissed. "Abdul Hassan's son and henchmen are following me. I will meet you outside,ready the car".

"Okay" Liz said and hung up. I ran outside cracking my bruised knuckles. "Thank goodness I learnt how to defend myself. It was fun practicing it for real" I muttered. I got out of the club just in time to see Liz waiting and Tyga behind.

I jumped into the car "Drive!".

Liz sped off and I sighed in relief.

"What did you get yourself into Katherine?!" Liz yelled glaring at me.

"I didn't do anything. I only danced and they came to me" I explained. "It seems like they knew I ran away. How did they know I left the house? How did they know Don Okafor had two daughters? I am pretty sure I am very unknown in the mafia life".

"When Don Okafor knows his daughter is missing,how can't the crime world not know?" Liz said matter-of-factly as if it made sense. I pouted upset and stuck my head out the window,luckily there were very few cars on the road today,strange when this is Lagos. I heard loud noises and put my head in quick "is that...?".

"Gunshots" Liz confirmed. She sped up dodging cars. "They followed us".

"What do we do?" I asked a bit panicked.

"Lure them into our territory" Liz smirked. I pursed my lips thinking of something. I looked back seeing them getting closer.

"They are getting closer" I said. "Liz,when we are close to our territory,drop me off".

"What?".

"They are after me. If I go,they will stop chasing you".

"That's stupid,your dad will kill me if I do that" Liz grunted,gripping the steering wheel. "Besides I won't let anything happen to you".

"Nothing will happen to me,I can take care of myself" I said determined.

"I don't agree with you" Liz clicked her tongue.

"Listen to me Liz!" I yelled exasperated. Liz nodded with a grim look and parked in a street which led back to my home. I jumped out of the car "I will be fine Liz". Liz nodded and drove away.

"I won't be a prisoner ever again" I said and took off not knowing where to go. I bumped into someone and backed up "oh no".

Two men in suits grabbed my arms lifting me off the ground. "...Ah! Ah!... help me! Somebody!....Let! Me! Go!" I screamed kicking my feet in the air.

"Let me go! Stop it!" I screamed struggling to get out of their grip.

"We are sorry but we have orders from your father" a bodyguard said.

The bodyguards were dragging me away when suddenly a light shone on me and the bodyguards let go of my arms.

"Agh!" they screamed,shielding their eyes from the light. It was a motorcycle,in all my screams,we didn't hear it come.

"Leave her alone" the rider said,his voice muffled under his helmet. I smiled happy at whoever came to rescue me at the same time,i was like 'who the heck is this Idiot that is coming to save me,Don Okafor's daughter making an enemy of Don Okafor himself'. Who is he?
__________________________________

EDIT: Anybody liking the action? How do you find Liz and Who is this mysterious idiot? Read to find out more.

I hope you like this chapter. I need at least 6 votes to unlock the next chapter. Happy new year's Eve.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 5.9K 55
*** Why are you still here Mr Wellington?" I asked as I clutched my bathrobe to cover my body well. I don't want the scenario of my bathrobe falling...
56.4K 12.6K 38
*COMPLETED* -A recipe for disaster- "Childhood frenemies, Nara and Tife must work together to prevent Imade (Nara's best friend/Tife's sister) from...
71K 11.5K 54
A Romance - Thriller. β€’~β€’ An accident brings Laura Taiwo to a coma. After a year, she is awake with no memory of the people around her especially th...