I am a love interest in a har...

By Lenrai

Cause of Death: Car accident from madly running across a busy highway with a bucket of snot and tears for com... More

Read Before Proceeding (A/N)
Death
Escape
The Male Protagonist
A change of attitude (1)
A change of Attitude (2)
A change of Attitude (3-Uziel)
Don't Bicker with the Male Protagonist
Wounded Dignity(1)
Wounded Dignity (2)
The First Woman
The Contract
Who's That Woman?
Oblivious (2)
The First Victim (Uziel)
Why are you here?
Starting Point (Uziel)
Thinking Too Much
Misery Loves Company (1)
Misery loves Company (2)
Misery Loves Company (3)
Surprise
Why? (Uziel)
The Guys Around Her
B Is The Reason
Good Riddance
An Actor's Visit
Sorry
Patience is a Virtue
Misunderstandings
Sebastian (Uziel)
I Remember You
I will never like you (1)
I will never like you (2)
I will never like you (3)
Comparison
Mr. Smart
Give Me a Chance
Get you now
Truth be Told
Before I Fall
Am I really your friend..?
Be The Change!
Who am I?
The chance he never had...
I will also be selfish(1)
I will also be selfish(2)
Letting go(1)
Letting go (2)
Letting go (3)
Letting go (4)
Letting go (5)
Gone (1-Uziel)
Gone (2-Uziel)
Gone (3-Lilac)
Gone (4-Uziel)
Gone (5-Uziel)
Yeon Lewis
Chase
Lawrence
At my fingertips
I want to disappear
A Longing
Unhinged (Sebastian)
Hello To You
Decisions
Me, Myself And...
You are right
Dreams Come True(1)
Dreams come true (2)
Dreams Come True (3)
Just a dream
The Lies (Sebastian)
Leila
Rotten Lemon
Thrown into the hot pot
Secrets
The Eyes Lie
What Happened? (Sebastian)
Hold my Hand
I am real...
The line between Reality and Fantasy
Beside Me
Mama
I'm Back
End
Epilogue

Oblivious (1)

8.2K 393 33
By Lenrai

I'm furious.

I glared at the reason for my demise as I sipped my warm milk. He was seated in the living room, skimming a stack of documents yet managing to look as tranquil as a lake. I exhaled as I cast my eyes to the view outside the massive window providing daylight in the interior. The view helped me calm a bit but it didn't do anything to remove the frustration in my chest.

It isn't exactly his fault but if I were to pinpoint the root of the problem, it would most definitely be him. In a span of three months, I've met a number of ladies that seemed to equate our relationship of being roommates as lovers. What nonsense! We haven't even spoken for longer than a minute to be called acquaintances!

And really... It would have been nice if they stopped at that assumption but no, they have to make my life a living hell.

I let out another sigh when I remembered the rejection I received from my last application to be a waitress. My weekends have become a total waste as I've lost my employment at the local café. At first, I thought it can't be helped if they really need to lay-off one employee (me). Although it gave me a bit of resentment, it's true that I am only a newcomer so I understand that the first choice would, without a doubt, be me. Hence, I didn't really put much thought into it and accepted their decision without complaints.

However, that supposition slowly died out when I was strangely rejected by all the jobs I've applied to. Someone is obviously pulling some strings.

When I finally sat down to think about it, I remembered about the fuming faces those ladies had displayed once they found out that I was Uziel's roommate. The meetings, too, were not coincidental as compared with Vivian's case. They had deliberately met with me and asked me to leave Uziel's apartment while looking at me as if I was no more than dirt. I obviously declined which explains my predicament.

But what do they want me to do? I have a debt to pay and the cheap rent is helping me save more money than I can probably save if I move out. The location is also nice as it was not too far from the company I go to work as an intern. In simple terms, it's too big of a loss if I leave this place. I tried to explain to them the general situation but they wouldn't believe me.

And while some have offered me money, it felt too dangerous to accept their favors. They weren't just ordinary rich heiresses, after all. Rather,  a lot of the women come from a family of syndicates. Also, I have already signed a contract. And with a mafia boss to boot. Do I really want to add more to that?

I heaved out a heavier sigh before chomping on the bread in my hands. Since it's come to this, I need to personally tackle the source of the problem, however due to his extremely busy schedule I couldn't get the right timing to squeeze myself in, even for a tiny bit.

My phone suddenly rang, but I was too deep in thought to notice it until I caught Uziel staring at me, the paper in his hands facing down.

"Sorry..." I smiled at him ruefully and quickly picked up the call.

"Hey! You're free today right?" Shirly's voice filled my ear the moment I held my phone to my ear.

"Yes." I answered, not really curious why she's asking.

"I'm going to a blind date but we're one person short. Please come? Please, please!"

Blind date?

"...I'm tired. Ask someone else." I'm afraid I'll only ruin the mood with my dreary humor equipped with an even more dreary social skills. I'm more of an introvert than an extrovert, so group blind dates are taxing for me. It involves a lot of talking and flirting, something that I have grown to dislike.

As I have matured, I've realized that not all compliments are real. My young innocent self had been too naïve believing such things that I lost sight of the boundaries I should be laying between the people around me. Consequently, rather than empty flatteries and sweet talk, I'd much prefer a meaningful conversation. Honest but not too blunt. Polite and stimulating enough to arouse both interests.

"Don't be like that! This is my first favor as a friend so won't you help me out?" Her pleading voice stirred me out of my thoughts. I could imagine her lips pouting by this time.

"Listen, today, I'm- ...Wait, why are you going there when you already have a boyfriend?" I asked once I was suddenly reminded of this piece of information.

"We already broke up! I told you three days ago. Geeze..."

"Oh." Right, she did. My mind was too muddled because of sleep deprivation so I completely forgot.

"Anyways, I'll be texting you the details later. You should come or I'll personally drag you out of your apartment."

What?

"No!" I immediately replied. She can't come here or she'll find that out! A look of horror filled my eyes when I glanced at the man in the living room.

There's no doubt she'll pester me all day until I give her a good enough explanation. How bothersome...

"I mean... Now that I think about it, I do need to get out sometimes." I immediately added before she could get any funny thoughts from my earlier exclamation.

"...That's... great! I'll  see you later then!" Her pitch had gone up, an obvious sign of her delight.

"Yes..." I could only respond in affirmation.

After the call ended, I sighed yet again. It didn't take long for her to send me the details. She also sent me a reminder to wear a dress. Do I look that clueless..?

Oh well. Since it's a dinner date, I have plenty of time to scavenge for a dress in Rui's wardrobe.

When night came, I quickly got ready, only putting a tinted lip gloss and a light blush to put some color on my face. Slipping on some low heeled shoes, I went out of my room. I can't believe I'm really going out on a blind date...

Just as I passed by the living room, I couldn't help but look at my reflection in the large windowpane. The neckline was low enough to show my collarbones, stopping an inch above my cleavage which instantly got my nod for approval. I don't want to flaunt my body to strangers 'cause it makes me feel uncomfortable. Of course, this doesn't mean that I criticize women who wear revealing clothes. After all, we have different preferences and opinions. Other people's business is not mine. That is one of the many philosophies I have in my life.

I patted the skirt that reached just above my knees in order to fix the tangled creases. The A-line silhouette looks really flattering on my figure. For a moment there, I was stunned by my appearance, thinking this body is really gorgeous. I resumed to fix my hair and was shortly sidetracked when a new reflection appeared in the glass.

I didn't want him to see me but when did things go my way ever since I came here? His eyes first focused on my face then it slowly traveled down to my attire to the tip of my toes before it went back up to my face. 

"Where's my dinner?" He asked, casually as if he didn't just rudely assess me. He might have tried to hide it but I saw his brow slightly go up in disdain! I bit my lips bitterly as I lowered my eyes to hide my wounded ego.

"In the fridge..." I quietly answered and quickly left before my newfound confidence gets crushed into powder.

Once I arrived at the venue, I discovered that everyone was already present. I awkwardly apologized and sat down beside Shirly who smiled so wide, it scared me.

"I thought you'd never come." She managed to say while smiling without moving her lips.

I wanted to laugh at how she's trying her best to hold it in but figured it probably isn't a good idea. "...Are you secretly a ventriloquist?" I asked, feigning shock.

She laughed. "That's right. Now, quickly introduce yourself." Although her expressions looked harmless I know she's secretly harboring ill feelings for me. I might as well pacify her or else she'll be fretting nonstop later.

"Hello everyone, I'm Rui." I smiled at the people present but I could see the women didn't take my presence too kindly. This is also why I don't want to come here...

"It's fine, It's fine! Nice to meet you. I'm Gin."

"That's right. Ten minutes is nothing. I'm Neil, by the way."

The rest in turn shared the same thoughts. Honestly, I wouldn't have been late but the bus was caught in a traffic jam.

"You're all kind. Thank you for your understanding."

It didn't take long for the conversation in the table to become livelier after that. I was faced with a lot of questions but responded with minimal amount of engagement, seeing how the women would look at me with hostility, every once in a while.

They probably thought I arrived late on purpose to get more attention... Of course that wasn't the case. I was only thinking of saving money but they couldn't possibly know that. I felt helpless but maintained my polite smile or else I'll receive a far greater backlash than what I'm currently suffering.

I was wondering when this hell would end as I roamed my eyes around the café. The wooden slats slightly reduced my vision but I could effortlessly look at incoming customers when they walk by our table. From my periphery, I noticed the man in front of me open his mouth to talk to me so I immediately took my iced tea and drank to dodge his attention. This was what I had been doing for a while now and that seemed to dampen the other party's interests so now I only have this one guy trying to pester me.

"You seem to love iced tea."

I underestimated him. This guy is tough as hell. I decided to act as if I didn't hear him and continued to look at by-passers when I unexpectedly saw one I didn't want to see.

The liquid slightly deviated in my throat, making me cough a bit.

"Are you alright?" The man's concern sounded genuine but I didn't think too much of it.

"Y-Yeah... I just need a moment." It would be rude not to answer him after all this time.

But even as I responded, my mind was elsewhere. Why is he here?? Didn't he already eat dinner? I looked around to see where he is, only to be surprised at the discovery that he's sitting at a table located diagonally from us. He had casually lifted his gaze and our eyes met.

Dear god... Out of all places to bump into each other! This coincidence is too uncanny! 

***

A/N: Truly uncanny ah... *cackles 

          Thanks for the votes, comments and reads and HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone! I hope to offer you more satisfying chapters in the future. :)) 

If you're loving it so far, please share some love for this plebian author at:

buymeacoffee.com/lenrai

Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

718K 38.8K 54
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
745K 67.7K 36
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
3.3M 207K 90
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
412K 33K 27
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...