We Make Waves [Jhene Aiko/You]

By UnAmericanTeen

Long Beach, California. Slauson Hills, California. Beverly Hills. You can take the girl from the hood.. bu... More

Cast
WARNING
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Tsunami

Chapter six

11.2K 441 148
By UnAmericanTeen

"Sh-shit!" Normani moaned as she came for the fourth time in twenty minutes. It would've been more if I didn't need to be on stage like.. now. "Lord." She breathed out when I sat her down, then quickly pulling up my boxers and the cuffed black jeans.

"I gotta go. I was suppose to be out three minutes ago." I said, helping her pull up her shorts before I grabbed my hat off of her head, putting in on. "You gonna watch?" I asked as I fixed my black Versace hoodie from where it was bunched up because of her tight grasps prior.

"Of course I am.. I may need to wheel chair though." I gave her a knowing look before turning around, letting her climb on my back and making sure she was comfortable before I walked us out of the bathroom.

Just as I opened the door, my nonbiological twin walked by. She gave me an annoying ass smirk and wagged her finger at me. "You do know Normani."

"Shut the fuck up, Line." I said with a chuckle and kept walking to the side of the stage where the stage assistants and Maru were already waiting. "Sorry, had some business to take care of." I said as I lowered Normani, then turned and raised up my hoodie so that they could hook the mic box up to my pants.

"Yeah, you're lucky Gashi went a bit over anyways." Maru responded.

I winked at him before putting on the in ears. I then turned to see Line and Liv walking over to watch from the side. "Again y'all, thanks for this." I said as I pulled my hoodie down. "I know y'all have your own shows and shit to worry about."

"It's no biggie really." Line said, waving her hand. "This shits lit, and it's my first time seeing you guys live so.. don't fuck up."

I smacked my lips as I was handed my mic. "Fuck outta here. The only fucking up I do is shit." She furrowed her eyebrows, along with Liv. "Like fucking shit up.. y'all can't be that slow."

"Nah that was just some dumb shit. Told you I'm the funny twin." I rolled my eyes, my head raising when I saw the lights go low and the stage hand telling me it was time to open our set.

"Bet I can get the crowd jumping more than you though." I said and immediately Liv snorted and covered her mouth, Line letting out a loud ass laugh.

"That's gotta be the funniest thing ever.. maybe you are the funny twin after all." I smacked my lips before turning to the stage, determined to prove this nigga wrong.

I heard the music start playing through my in ears as I moved forward, just on the outskirts of the stage. I brought the mic to my lips as I started my verse from behind the curtain.

"Know some young niggas like to swang." I smiled softly when I heard the crowd start to cheer. Once the smoke started to rise, I walked out with my hood up. "Know some young niggas like to swang. Big bank take a little bank, everyday spillin' up drank- wait!"

I stopped on the middle of the stage, the song cutting off with a loud bang and the lights cutting on while I pulled off my hood. I smirked, basking in the cheers of only our second show performance.

"San Diego.." I hummed out , looking over at the second string DJ that took over when I was on stage performing. "I ain't a damn rager but I got a little motivated tonight." I looked over at the side, watching Line pop her collar. "So.. I need everybody up before I drop this beat.. can y'all do that?" I looked out, nodding when I saw people start to stand up, the ones already up now ready.

I glanced back at the DJ and nodded. "Let's go! She want the whole crew, shawty brave. When the money talks, what is there to say? Blow away, watch it blow away. When I die can't take it to the grave."

I bobbed my head, jumping in rhythm as I watched them sing along. And, not gonna lie, that feeling was out of this world. "Maru, lets get it!"

He then came out rapping his verse. "I know some young niggas from the bottom. They'll do anything for a dollar. I coulda went to school to be a doctor."

He turned to me and I brought my mic up as I played along to the verse, my arms crossing with a genuinely interested look. "But what you do?"

"But I dropped out and chose to be a baller!" I laughed when he pointed at me like he was an old man telling his grandchild something.

Man this was going to be a long ass, but great show.

-

"Y'all." I said as I picked up the mic, now behind the tables. "Bruh we did our last song but I don't think we gave y'all enough yet." I said and Maru shook his head as he walked over to the guitarist, deciding to play instead of raging. He was boring, I know. "Y'all think we did enough yet?"

When they disagreed, I looked over and nodded at Liv who started walking over from the sides of the stage. "Move over, young one." I smacked my lips as she picked up the other mic. "Let me show you how a real hype man does it- San Diego make some fucking noise!"

The crowed immediately erupted into cheers. Shaking my head in amusement, I jumped down from the platform and walked around the stage, Olivia setting her shit up at lightning speed.

Looking at the side, I nodded when I saw Line nonchalantly leaned against the wall like she wasn't about to turn this shit up. I didn't understand how she flipped the switch so easily but I wasn't complaining.

I felt myself sweating like a motherfucker as I pulled up my hoodie to wipe my forehead, playfully striking a pose when they started to cheer. "Y'all not gonna lie... I had hella candy before I got on here." I said with a low chuckle, walking back and forth. "So this energy- it's not always here. Cherish this shit y'all." I flipped the mic then looked up at Liv who was looking straight at Line. They did some telepathy communication type of shit before she pressed the button, starting the song.

I crouched down, watching as Line swayed to herself with her eyes closed, sing her verse. "Don't you open up that window. Don't you let out that antidote- San Diego don't you fucking do it!" Then she ran out, bouncing like a mad man.

"Poppin pills is all we know!"

I chuckled and hopped up as I went to vibe with her to the best of my abilities. I wasn't no goddamn rager but I wasn't gonna just sit there.

"Hold up, Hold up." Liv stopped the song and Line walked to me with a smirk. "You see what I see, Liver?"

"Hell yeah." The girl said with a chuckle.

Line placed her hand on my shoulder and shook her head. "I came here to bring the fucking rage, and I don't just do that for anybody. I came here to turn up with my fucking twin and that's what I'm gonna do!" Liv then dropped some loud banging type shit that made me laugh. "If y'all got a drink, it's time to swallow it. If you a motherfucking blunt, it's time to eat it! If y'all got cigarettes, y'all know tobacco is foul." I bit my lip to hold it my chuckles, watching the crowd react immensely with her words. Insane.. "OLIVIA!" I shook my head, watching the crowd react immensely with her words. Insane..

Liv immediately started the song from the top and Line grabbed my hoodie and nodded, starting again. "Don't you open up that window." Then she motioned me to continue.

"Don't you let out that antidote."

"Everybodyyy, let's go!" She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and bounced with me as she rapped the song, the entire crowd now jumping. "Poppin' pills is all we know.In the hills is all we know, Hollywood! Don't go through the front door, through the back!"

Liv was killing the adlibs and from the corner of my eye, I saw her jump off the platform, bounding her way towards us. Once Line moved over to the front of the stage, Liv pointed at me with a nod, a water bottle in her hand. "That's boss shit! Lets go!"

She handed me the water bottle and motioned me to the crowd. I stood at the ledge, watching as they started mosh pitting and stuff like what the fuck.. these were some crazy ass motherfuckers. Nonetheless, once the beat dropped again, I splashed the water over the crowd, tossing the water bottle down just as I heard an almost animal like scream.

I looked over, seeing Line bent back as a loud yet hoarse ass 'yeaaaah' left her lips. This hyper ass nigga man..

The rest of the song went as followed. Me forcefully bounced around until my lungs felt like exploding while the other two were breathing like fish underwater. I was fit and still couldn't keep up with them.

"Ah shit cuh, I can't fucking breathe." I said once the song ended, pulling out my blue bandana and playfully wiping my forehead with it. Line laughed, wrapping her arms around my shoulders from behind and swaying us side to side in a short but tight ass hug before pulling back.

"Aye make some noise for Y/n and Maru yo!" She said into the mic before throwing her hands up when they cheered. "Thanks for having me, young blood." She said and bowed, jumping back with a laugh when I flinched at her. "We out though, it's lit!" She said, adding her signature phrase at the end.

Olivia gave a peace sign before walking off with her counter part while I closed off our set.

"Not gonna lie.. I'm feeling hella inspired right now y'all." I said, a content smile on my lips. "Cuh really controlled- not controlled but like.. had y'all full attention solely with music and energy like.. that's some boss shit." I shook my head and nodded Maru to come over to me. "Thanks for coming out though, we're Nami and yeah.. y'all ready for Jhené and Big Sean?" They cheered. "They coming, turn up for em one timeee!"

I bent down and grabbed my hat before walking off the stage with Maru, bumping into Line and Olivia.

"For real though.. that shit was lit. I ain't never did a show like that." I said, giving Line a bro hug and also hugging Olivia. "If y'all ever need an extra producer, or just need some help firing on a nigga.. I'm there."

My nonbiological twin chuckled before shaking her head. "Gotcha bro. You guys have a good night, we'll talk." She said with a nod.

Once they left, I turned to Maru with wide eyes. "Yo that was fucking dope!" He laughed and clapped my back, nodding along.

"That was so crazy, I thought people were gonna start killing each other." Normani said after we got the mic boxes and in ears out.

"Shit me too." I subconsciously grabbed her hand and walked with her towards the dressing room. "You wanna go out for Jhené's set or you gotta go?"

"I have to head to leave in about an hour so we can watch it." I nodded and slid into the dressing room to change clothes, Normani leaving to get us some food and drinks.

"You're lying." I heard Jhené say softly from the room next to mine. After putting on some gray sweats with a white tshirt, my black chucks to go with it, I turned to roll a blunt.

I was in the mindset that Jhené was writing another song but as soon as I heard a mans voice, I knew I was dead wrong.

"Penny, I swear I'm not." It was Sean. I perked up and moved closer to the thin walls, shamelessly listening in while I lit the backwoods. "We just hung out."

"Do you think I'm stupid, Sean?" She asked, voice still calm and if anyone knew Jhené.. when she was angrily calm, it was deadly. "I saw the messages.. you're still sleeping with that.. that little.. that damn-" I winced. She was pissed. She usually could craft sentences with no problem.. yikes.

"I'm sorry.." he said pathetically, no longer denying it. "I gotta.. I gotta get ready for the show."

"Yeah okay. Go." She said with a sigh and I heard silence, soft smacking of a kiss on skin, then the door opening and closing.

I frowned, my heart strings suddenly tugging and I couldn't control the moving of my feet, or the closing of my door, the opening of hers.

When I walked in, I spotted her staring straight at the white walls as she rubbed her thumb over a crystal she was holding. "Né?" I said softly, watching as her eyes slowly moved over to me. "You okay?"

"Never better." She responded with a soft smile, thumb still rubbing the crystal. Not phased, I sat down besides her and looked over at the crystal. "It's a Hematite crystal." I nodded knowingly. "It's for-"

"Relieving negative thoughts, anxiety, destress, and to ground and balance you." Her eyebrows shot up as I listened each benefit of the crystal, nonchalantly inhaling the smoke. "I remember.."

"You remember after nine years?" She whispered and when I nodded, she simply looked away but I saw the sliver of a smile pulling at her lips. "I saw the show, you killed it."

"Thank you, I can't wait to see yours since I missed it the first show." She gave me a look. "What?"

"And why did you miss it?" I pursed my lips, slowly looking away. "Because you were gone with little miss thing."

"I do not recall." I responded with a laugh, biting my lip when a giggle slipped out of her mouth. At the same time, my phone beeped and I looked down to see a message from Liv.

Liv: Aye my phone died but don't jump on your bed or throw Normani or it or something.. I left you a gift and if you break it. That's your ass. - Line

"That the girl you were cuddled up with today?" She asked as she grabbed the blunt from my lips, taking her own deep pull.

"You talking about Liv?" She simply looked away. "One, I wasn't cuddled up with her. Two, this is Underline, nonbiological twin.. the one I performed with."

"Oh." She mumbled as she looked up while exhaling, handing me the blunt back.

I nodded softly as silence engulfed us but when I looked down, I saw the crystal hanging loosely at her fingertips. So, I grabbed it, placing the blunt on the ashtray, and decided to make her feel better.

Starting by tapping her forehead with it softly. "Oh almighty universe.." Tap. "Give this amazing woman guidance, and balance- hush." I said when she went to complain. "Close your eyes child." I said before trailing the crystal down to her throat. "Provide her with unlimited high notes and runs, each flawless as the next." Tap. She finally started to giggle while I stopped above her heart. Even though it was a joke, I made this one fairly serious. "And provide her with courage and strength.. to make the right decisions for her heart and soul."

Her smile fell, a slight pang of sadness in her eyes and it fucked my heart up. I huffed and lowered the crystal, placing it back in her hands and closing her fingers around it. "Balance yourself, Né.. you are able." She nodded and leaned forward, my eyebrows shooting your when she wrapped her arms around my neck. Without hesitation, I slid my own around her waist and held her with one hand, the other resting on the back of her head.

I felt her body physically exhale as she held onto me with a tight grip. "Thank you." She breathed out. I nodded and continued to hold her until she was the one to pull away. "I needed that."

"Of course, I'm here whenever." I said with a soft smile just as the intercom spoke.

"Jhené Aiko to stage."

A sigh left her lips but she stood up regardless, placing the crystal into its holder on the table. But before she could walk out, I gently grabbed her hand and made her face me. "You're gonna do great, relax your shoulders."

She frowned before letting out a breath of air, her shoulders dropping. "How'd you even.." I simply winked. "We should do something." She suddenly said. "Let's do something, like old times. You wanna meditate one day? Just.. completely balance with the universe?"

I knew this was her way of needing to get her mind off of something that was bothering her. I didn't need to guess what. And though I wasn't big on medication.. I could succumb to it, just this once.

"I'd like that." She gently squeezed my hand, her smile growing. "Now hurry your ass up before you miss your own show."

"You're right." She quickly grabbed her kimono, pulling it on as she rushed out of the room.

I smiled, watching as my hopes shot up like a geyser. She wanted to be cool again.. like old times. I liked that.

___

How'd you guys like the crossoverrrr?? aqua_bona_est obviously killed hers and it was better than mine but I tried!

Anyways, it was fuuuun and I hope you guys enjoyed it.

..time for some Jhené lovin' 😇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

674K 26K 40
"If you asked me three months ago what heartbreak was, I would tell you it's losing somebody close to you due to unspeakable circumstances. But right...
20.8K 707 26
What do you do when your whole world turn upside down? Well, Haya is sure about to find out. She was an ordinary, frankly naive, seventeen year old...
10.1K 203 39
They said that we all have a path to choose but what happens when your live turns up side down, from one minute to the next. The one person that was...
3.3K 178 25
*Drake and Jhene Aiko story* "I really wouldn't take you as a shooter." "I like to take risks sometimes." Living in California is not all fun and gam...