Begin Again; Choi Yeonjun

By itsbarbecue

My world was falling apart. I was scared, lost in the dark because of that unbearable pain I didn't ask to su... More

cast
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Final Chapter (Smut)
Epilogue

Twenty Four

3.6K 199 261
By itsbarbecue

Haneul's POV:

The sky was clouded that evening. Thunders could be heard all over the place and the wind was colder than ever, chilling us to the bone. The six of us rushed back up to go home, slight clouds of fog leaving our mouths whenever we spoke or laughed. Some of us tucked our hands in our pockets, others covered their hands with mittens in a failed try to keep ourselves warm, until Kai finally reached the door and opened it for us to get inside.

"Home, sweet home!" Kai exclaimed and kicked off his shoes as soon as we entered the house.

The warm atmosphere greeted us and I instantly smiled, feeling my previously stiffened body start to relax in comfort.

One by one, we took our coats and shoes off. Yeonjun closed the door behind him as I rushed to the living room, plopping on the couch next to Taehyun who was already sitting there.

"Ugh my legs are killing me" I whined, moving to lay on my back and placing my arm on my face.

"But it was fun, wasn't it?" Beomgyu said. I moved my arm away from my face and looked up at him. He was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest, a small smirk plastered on his lips.

"It was" I admitted, smiling back at him "But I'm so exhausted. We spent the whole day downtown" 

"I'm not that tired, though" Taehyun shrugged. I looked up to him and frowned.

"That's because you guys appeared like an hour after Yeonjun and I got there"

"You could've just waited for us" Kai said, poking his head from the door "But seems like you wanted to be alone" He added with a teasing smirk plastered on his face.

I sat up, staring at him as I lifted a brow.

"What are you suggesting?"

He shrugged, lifting his hands in the air. I huffed, grabbing a cushion and throwing it at him. It landed on his face, causing Beomgyu, Taehyun and I to burst into laughter.

"Hey, this is domestic violence!" He exclaimed, leaning down to pick the cushion up and try to throw it back at me. However, Kai's mom appeared from behind and snatched it out of his hands.

"What have I told you, Hyuka? No messing up with the decorations" She said, placing the cushion back in place and going back to the kitchen.

We tried our best to hold back our laughter, but it became harder when we saw his expression full of disbelief.

"But mom! I was-" He started, turning his head to look at his mom who just kept walking "Nevermind" He added, huffing.

"Alright boys, I'll go take a shower" I said as I stood up. Beomgyu nodded and sat right on the spot I had just left next to Taehyun, who was now going through the channels trying to find a movie to watch.

I smiled at Kai, who glared at me with his arms crossed over his chest. I giggled, standing on my tiptoes and ruffling his hair before I went upstairs.

I heard Soobin and Yeonjun's voices coming from one of the bedrooms. I hadn't even noticed the moment they went upstairs, cause they didn't even say a word.

I felt curiosity, but decided to shake it off and grab some clean clothes before I locked myself in the bathroom.

As the warm watter ran down my body, I couldn't stop my mind from spinning around.

What had happened hours before, that was still on my mind. I tried to pretend, to not show any kind of emotions, but the truth was that I didn't know how to feel.

Why did you try to kiss me? What is happening with us? We've been close for a long time now, you've always been my support and you never asked for anything in return... But why does it feel different now? What's this strong spark that insists to appear whenever you're near? Tell me, were you trying to just play around? You're making it hard for me, I don't know why I'm finding it hard to breathe with every touch, if you have touched me many times before.

I sighed in frustration and stopped the water from running, leaving the shower to dress up in my warm pajamas.

When I went back downstairs, Soobin and Yeonjun had already joined the rest. Their wet hair made me know that they had also taken showers and changed into sweatpants and sweaters. Taehyun was nowhere to be seen, which made me think he was washing up.

"Hyuka, please help me up with dinner!" I heard Kai's mother say from the kitchen. Hueningkai whined silently as soon as his friends started the teasing, but he quickly stood up and walked to the kitchen. "Haven't you taken a shower yet?" She asked him, frowning.

"I was about to" He responded, scratching the back of his neck.

I giggled, entering the kitchen. The two of them turned their heads in my direction, a soft smile appeared on her face.

"I'll help, Mrs." 

I pushed up the sleeves of my pajamas and stood beside her, in front of the counter.

Hueningkai grinned victoriously.

"Thank you, Haneul" She smiled, before her smile vanished as she looked back at Kai "Go wash yourself, you stink" She said, smacking him on the back of his head. 

Kai yelped, making me chuckle.

"Coming" he muttered, rubbing his head and exiting the kitchen.

"This kid... Whenever he is with his friends he just forgets about responsibilities" She mumbled, chopping some vegetables.

"He's a good kid" I smiled. She nodded and smiled back, handing me the knife and the vegetables so I could chop them for her.

"He is. A lovely, talented kid. A bit messy, but still good" She chuckled, cooking some noodles with her back facing me.

"They've been nothing but nice to me" I confessed, my eyes glued to the work I was doing.

"I'm glad to hear that. I didn't know about everything you've been through. I'm sorry dear, you're still so young" 

I could feel her sympathethic stare all over me. I glanced at her quickly and smiled.

"Thank you. It's been hard, but I'm getting better... Slowly"

She nodded. Silent filled the place for a few seconds, before she spoke again.

"If Hyuka hadn't told me about it, I would've thought Yeonjun and you were dating"

My heart suddenly felt like stopping beating. I swallowed hard and let out a nervous chuckle.

"W-Why?"

"Oh, I don't know. You guys seem really close, and there's a lot of adoration between glances" She explained, shrugging "I guess it's just my head. You would be a cute couple, though" She added, winking at me.

My heart started racing. What was she saying?

Adoration between glances? Is she suggesting that he stares at me lovingly? Or that I do look at him with adoration? That's crazy. She must be hallucinating.

I let out another nervous chuckle. I was being too dumb.

"Hehe no. We're just really good friends. He was my boyfriend's best friend... So he's been with me during the whole proccess" I explained, biting my lip nervously and not daring to look at her.

"He's a good boy. I'm glad you had each other then, I think you're a really strong girl... So brave. I heard a lot about you from Hyuka, he's really happy that you're friends"

I smiled, feeling my heart swell.

"I'm happy as well... I found great friends"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night, everyone had eaten already. The boys helped to clean the kitchen after they enjoyed the meal together, reuniting again in the living room to watch some movies together.

Haneul was sitting between Yeonjun and Soobin on the couch, while Kai, Beomgyu and Taehyun were laying on the floor surrounded by cushions, pillows and blankets. Thunders echoed the whole place, and lightning's illuminated the windows every now and then. There was a snow storm outside, but they were grateful for having the perfect temperature inside the house.

"What are we going to watch?" Beomgyu asked, covered with blankets and rubbing his eyes. His voice was already sleepy.

"I vote for Doraemon" Taehyun said, not even looking.

"I think Totoro would be better"

The rest of the group rolled their eyes almost in sync, knowing Kai and Taehyun were just about to start arguing... Again.

"I spoke first. Doraemon"

Kai shook his head.

"This is my house. Totoro"

"Would you guys just play one?" Yeonjun said, resting his back on the coach and running his fingertips through his hair.

Kai was holding the remote. Taehyun quickly glanced at him before he ended up tackling Kai and snatching it from Kai's hands. 

"Seriously can you stop fighting all the time?" Soobin asked, rubbing his face with the palm of his hand.

Haneul chuckled, watching the scene in front of her. The two maknaes were fighting. Kai stretched his arm in the air with the remote in hand, pushing Taehyun's face with the palm of his other hand as he tried to reach it.

"Give it to me" Taehyun groaned "I'll make sure you sleep on the damn bathroom"

"Guess what? You can't lock yourself up in the room, I have the keys!" Kai said, laughing mischevously.

"I seriously don't understand why you both act this way if you're gonna end up cuddling anyways"

Kai and Taehyun turned their heads to glare at Beomgyu just when a thunder resonated loudly and the lights went off, leaving the group in complete darkness.

"Oh this is fucking magnificent" Kai groaned under his breath.

"Good. No movie, no fighting" Yeonjun said. "Damn it's really dark here isn't it? I can't even see my own hands" 

The group clumsily tried to stand up, extending their hands to touch objects near them.

"Hyuka! Here are some candles!" Kai's mom said from upstairs. The silence was so palpable that you could even hear the way they swallowed and the air went in and out of their noses.

"Great, mom. I'll go for them... If I ever find a way out" 

"Guys, are you still next to me?" Haneul asked, moving her hands trying to find Soobin and Yeonjun.

She felt a warm hand holding hers, making her flinch a little.

"I'm here" Yeonjun chuckled. She tightened the grip.

"Great... Soobin?" She called, moving her free hand.

"I'm he-- Ow! That's my eye!" Soobin whined when Haneul's finger accidentally poked on his eye. She laughed.

"Oh god I'm sorry"

"Can't we just stay like this until the power gets restored?" Beomgyu asked, stretching his body.

"I don't think that's a good idea... I can't trust any of you" Kai muttered "Hey! who touched my butt?"

"It was Haneul noona" 

"What? No, I didn't. My hands are busy with Yeonjun!"

"Okay that was too much information"

"Haneul, not here, baby" Yeonjun teased. She managed to lift her hand and tried to smack his forehead, but ended up with her fingers colliding with his opened mouth. "Ew, I didn't want to taste your fingers"

"I was trying to smack your forehead. Oh god I didn't mean to say my hands were busy in that way"

"Can we stop with the porno, please?"

"There's minors in here"

"I've already lost my innocence from the moment someone's hand grabbed my butt"

"Shut up, Kai. It was an accident"

"Oh so it was you! I've been assaulted!"

"Just go for the candles, for fuck's sake"

"Okay I'm coming, I'm coming" Kai finally said, dragging his feet clumsily out of the living room.

Chuckles filled the place. Haneul felt grateful because no one could see the way her cheeks were now tinted in pink.

"What the heck is that sound?"

"It's Soobin hyung"

"I'm sorry, I'm hungry"

"Where did you get that bread from? At least chew with your mouth closed"

"I went for it to the kitchen. I'm chewing with my mouth closed, it's just that the silence is too loud"

"When did you go to the kitchen?" Haneul asked.

"A while ago?"

"Why didn't you look for the candles?!"

"I forgot"

"Okay guys I'm back!"

"...We're still in the darkness"

"Oh... I forgot the lighter" Kai said, gaining a groan from everyone. He chuckled and exited the room again before coming back, this time with a lighter in hand.

They lit up the candles and the dim light was relaxing. They sat in a semi circle, all looking at each other.

"What are we supposed to do until the light comes back?" Haneul asked, holding her legs against her chest on the couch.

"Ummm... Any ideas?" Beomgyu asked this time, scratching his head.

Haneul grinned and her eyes widened. They knew she just had an idea.

"Guys..."

"Oh my God, your face is scary"

Haneul pouted. They laughed, and Yeonjun patted her head.

"What is it?" 

"Can you sing?" She asked with pleading eyes "Please? For me?"

The boys were not sure. However, she insisted until she got what she wanted. Beomgyu looked for his guitar, and Kai sat on the piano in the corner of the room.

"I didn't know there was a piano" Haneul said, turning her head to look at him.

He smirked.

"You need to detail more your surroundings"

"Anyways... What do we sing?"

"Guys, remember the song I asked  you to learn?" Yeonjun asked. Haneul frowned in confusion and looked at him, but he didn't give any answers to her.

"Oh, yes! I got it" Kai said. The rest of them nodded, before he started playing on the piano.

Realization instantly hit her as soon as she started to hear the notes. That melody was very familiar to her, and it wasn't long until her chest tightened.

The song she danced with Rocky. 

They started singing their own version of the song. She couldn't even find words to describe such a feeling, or such a beautiful sound.

But her body did it for her. Her eyes filled with tears and a smile appeared on her face as they started to stream down her cheeks.

She couldn't believe Yeonjun asked them to cover Nothing Without You just for her. And the fact that he participated made it even more emotional.

She was quietly sobbing as she watched them, but this time she felt happiness. Such a gesture could only be made with the purest love. The purest friendship. It was made by people who truly cared about her. It was a beautiful way to remember Rocky in such a cold night.

"Guys... I have no words. Thank you for this" She said, wiping away her tears when the song ended "It was beautiful" She added, this time turning his head to look at Yeonjun. 

He smiled, moving his hand and wiping away her tears with his thumb like he always did. He was always whipped for her. She was so cute, so fragile and beautiful. All he ever wanted to do was take care of her. He wanted to see her smile again, always. If it was because of him, better.

"Consider it a Christmas gift from us" Soobin said in front of her. She grinned.

"Thank you"

"Let's try with 20cm now, right?" Beomgyu suggested. The rest agreed.

"Is that a song you guys wrote?" 

"Yes. We hope you like it" Taehyun smiled sweetly.

Again, their voices were such an angelic melody. She could listen to them forever. She had never met people so full of passion before. They were as passionate as Rocky was about dancing, although they considered singing just a way to express their feelings, just as a hobby.

She felt mesmerized by the sound. Her heart was racing, but felt warm.

Yeonjun wrapped his arms around Haneul's waist and sat behind her, with his chest pressed against her back. Her body tensed up at first, but she decided to just let it flow... At least in that moment.

She placed her hand over his, feeling an indescribable comfort. Her stomach surely slipped, and her heart screamed, but it felt right.

He rocked Haneul slowly as he sang in her ear, sending chills down her spine. Almost lulling her. She enjoyed the private show they were making for her.

Haneul thought he had the most beautiful voice she had ever heard. Indeed, all of them sounded like angels, but there was something about his voice that calmed her down. 

Oh my God. Why are you doing to my heart? It feels like I've been touched by the hands of an angel. How can everything you do be so beautiful? She thought to herself.

Having him so close to her after everything that happened that day was something risky, but she couldn't help it. She didn't want to push him away. Not like she did in the morning.

She would never admit how much she wanted him to try again, and success this time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 121 22
An undercover agent accidentally bumps into two boys both apart of an illegal, underground system. she later found out she is assigned to spy on the...
36.9K 1K 26
Kwon Soonyoung. a popular guy that everygirl in school would dream to be his one and only. but none of them get a chance from doing so. from a high s...
6.6K 295 55
I had noticed something about Jestro that I didn't notice before. He wasn't as weak as he first portrayed himself to be. Not at all. He had some resi...
769K 30.3K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...