Failing And Falling

By ambrosial-

"You're different." "Oh yeah? How many girls have fallen for that line?" He takes a step closer to me and loc... More

Failing and Falling
Chapter 1- The Beginning
Chapter 2- New Auditions
Chapter 3- The List
Chapter 4- Backstage
Chapter 5- Different Guys
Chapter 6- A Chance
Chapter 7- Pretending
Chapter 8- Disaster
Chapter 9- Comedy Play
Chapter 10- Figuring Things
Chapter 11- Another Chance
Chapter 12- Twists And Turns
Chapter 13- After School Things
Chapter 14- Scrambled Eggs
Chapter 15- Terrible Liar
Chapter 17- Couple's Night
Chapter 18- Go Home
Chapter 19- Someone New
Chapter 20- Raising Brows
Chapter 21- Meeting Parents
Chapter 22- Crash and Burn
Chapter 23- Pain and Hurt
Chapter 24- Love and Happiness
Chapter 25- Happy and Healthy
Chapter 26- Perfect Day

Chapter 16- The Genius Idea

2.9K 118 19
By ambrosial-

Dovie

"When were you planning on telling me that you don't live with Nathan anymore, Kol?" Travis questioned and my eyes popped out.

"H-h-how do you know?" I asked because I was quite shocked myself.

Travis' confused eyes turned to me. "How do you know?"

  Zoe tilted her head in question, examining me. "And why do you know?"

Quickly, I turned to Kol who just shrugged, not knowing what else to say. I waited for an answer, but Kolkept thinking instead of saying something. "I uh- I found out about it a while ago."

"A while ago? How?" Niti questioned, interested in the conversation more now than ever.

"I-I—" before I could reveal the truth, Kol interrupted me.

"—she saw me with my bags packed at the new house," Kol stated, not lying necessarily because I did see him with his bags packed at my house. "She asked and I had to tell her that I moved out of Nathan's."

"Where do you live now?" Travis asked, concerned about Kol.

I always adored their relationship. They were best of friends and nothing could separate them. Just like Niti, Zoe, and I. We were inseparable.

"It's a secret for now, but I will tell you guys soon," Kol replied back and they all nodded, forgetting about the topic at once.

I would be lying if I say that it wasn't suspicious or weird. It's not like them to just drop a topic without receiving all the answers. They looked suspicious. I had to find out what they were thinking.

"I'm having a party at my house tonight," Zoe clasped her hands together with a bright smile. "And, you all are invited!"

"I can never miss your party," Kol winked at her.

"I'm the boyfriend so I have to show up," Travis kissed her cheek softly and she smiled with her eyes closed.

"We're the best friends, so we're bound to show up," I smiled at Niti who also smiled.

Zoe smirked at Niti and we knew exactly what it was about. Niti shook her head in disagreement and Zoe sighed deeply. "Can't bring him."

"Why not?" Zoe questioned Niti on why she couldn't bring Tanner along.

"Because he's a teacher and everyone will question him there on why he's there. I don't want him to lie and also it's weird for a teacher to be a student's party," Niti explained.

Truly, Niti looked disappointed for not being able to bring him.

"Awe, Niti, I'm so sorry."

Niti stared at Zoe, perplexed. "Sorry for what? Having a party?" Zoe shrugged. "Don't be. We knew what we were getting ourselves into when we started dating. Especially, not to been together in public. We're careful."

"It's not fair," I pouted, angry at the authorities which was not justified. "Love is love. If you love someone then you should be able to seen together outside of the four walls."

Kol cleared his throat, out of habit but it made me confused. Was he indirectly trying to suggest something or was that just his normal behavior?

"I just have one more semester after the break until we can go out in public together without anyone questioning us," Niti smiled dreamily. "I'm already eighteen and he's only two years older. That's not bad, considering, we won't have the teacher-student relationship."

"I'm truly so happy for you, Juliet," Kol smiled warmly at Niti.

Niti batted her eyelashes, flirtatiously. "Thank you, Romeo."

"Finding love like that is truly magical," Travis smiled, kissing Zoe's palm softly. "Don't ever let go of that."

They all looked so happy and in love that it made me want love in my life. I had Andrew, but I knew that it wasn't love. It never felt like love and I'm sure he knew that as well. I was hell bent on wanting to feel love that I gave him another chance.

Truly, it would never work out.

I knew that.

He knew that.

And everyone knew that.

But at the time, I didn't want to believe it.

Kol kept staring at me and I turned away from his gaze, not wanting to look him in the eye. Something about him attracted me towards him.

We were already living together and it didn't help whatever I felt around him. I had to control myself around him all the time.

I was not going to fail myself.

Not now.

Not ever.

"We just need to find someone for Dovie," Zoe wiggled her brows mischievously, then gave Kol a brief he-would-definitely-do look.

I gave her a fake smile. "I already have someone."

Niti scoffed.  "Andrew doesn't count. You need someone real."

Perplexed, I stared at her. "So, you're inferring that Andrew is imaginary? Are you trying to tell me that my boyfriend is a hallucination, Niti?"

"You know, every time you say the word, boyfriend, it keeps losing its meaning," Niti pointed out and I felt that too, but didn't want to admit it in front of them.

"But he is my boyfriend," I stated."

"Are you trying to convince us or yourself, Dovie?" Travis spoke up this time, shocking me.

But, he had been hanging out with Zoe and speaking up is contagious around her. Anyone could pick it up from her and become blunt. Travis never tried to give his opinions in my personal business.

Firstly, because he knew I wouldn't listen. Secondly, he had broken up with Zoe and he thought I chose her over him. And lastly, he would never try to force anything to anyone.

This was one of many reasons why Travis was my best friend. He understood me, listened to me, and gave best advice.

Listening to it or not was another thing, but having someone to care for you like that is important.

And I had three of them; Niti, Zoe, and Travis.

"Even I don't know," I muttered under my breath, but Kol seemed to have heard it because he was sitting right beside me.

_______

"I'm sorry, Tanner," Niti apologized as we were the last ones to leave his classroom.

"Niti, it's okay. We knew it had to be this way and trust me, I'm not mad," Tanner assured her.

"We will be at the door outside," I offered as the four of us stood outside at the door, guarding it.

"I feel horrible," Zoe groaned.

Travis pulled her to him and kissed her forehead softly, causing her to dissolve in his arms. "Babe, there's nothing we can do about it."

"He's right," I agreed. "I wish there was something that we could do for them."

Kol wondered for a long moment before he clicked his tongue. "I have an idea."

We all turned to him, still waiting for Niti and Tanner to complete their conversation. "And what is your genius idea?"

"We can throw a small party for them," Kol suggested his genius idea and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. "Just them and us four."

We all thought about the idea in our heads and it didn't seem like a bad idea. I was actually considering it myself, but didn't want to make them feel odd.

"Okay, but where?" Travis asked.

"I uh- I would love to do it at the place I stay in for now, but I would have to get the owner's permission," Kol slowly stated, glancing at me.

I see what he's doing.

I rolled my eyes at him and breathed out. "Fine, we can do it at my place. My parents aren't home anyways."

Suddenly, Niti walked out of the classroom, followed shortly by Tanner. He opened his classroom's door entirely and leaned against it, looking at Niti.

"Okay, then it's settled," Zoe smiled. "Party at Dovie's place this weekend, with only us six."

"Let's make it a couples night," Travis suggested.

"You guys don't have to go through all that trouble," Tanner stated softly, feeling bad for thinking of making us run an extra mile for him.

"Trust me, it's not trouble at all. I want Niti happy, and you make her absolutely blissful," I stated as a matter-of-factly to which he smiled, shying away.

"Perfect," Niti jumped in happiness when Tanner agreed to my invitation.

Neither Kol nor I uttered a single thing about the couple's topic because that would create a big discussion and we didn't want that.

Just when I thought I was done for the day, a familiar chirpy voice called out to me. "Dovie!"

I turned around to find Andrew, waving at me towards him with textbooks in hand. He had a big smile on his face which made me want to run the opposite way, but I couldn't.

I waved back at him and he gestured me to go to him.

Groaning, I smiled and nodded.

I turned to my friends who all stared at me in disbelief as to why I was still with Andrew except Tanner. He looked confused and turned to Kol for a brief moment.

Kol, on the other hand, looked disappointed. He always does when it comes to Andrew or my relationship to him.

"I gotta go, bye," ignoring the looks, I turned to leave.

My heart was pounding against my chest, telling me not to go. It was telling me to stay with my friends, with Kol, but I didn't listen.

Kol looked disappointed and I caused that.

Every time.

_______

you patient loves get another chapter within a week! thank you once again for being so patient.

i always wait for your guys' comments. it truly makes my day!

please vote, comment, and share so i can update faster because it makes me happy! writing for people that actually want to read my stories!

until next time, happy reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 1K 39
I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I placed a hand on my crimson face and mu...
2.5K 397 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
1.1M 23.7K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
2.2K 65 35
People say when you love something, it's hard to stay away no matter what; it could be a deadly disease and you still won't be able to stay away. Fro...