Healing, Love, and High School

Par sel_evelyn

Derek Long had everything going for him. He accomplish what he always wanted: having a girl who is perfect, g... Plus

Healing, Love, and High School
Chapter: It took me five minutes to realize
Chapter: My first mistake
Chapter: Knowing each other
Chapter: Friends After All
Chapter: Leading to the Party
Chapter: Party time??
Chapter: Going back
Chapter: Holding Hands Is a Friend Thing..Right?
Chapter: Talk
Chapter: Leslie
Chapter: I kissed her
Chapter: Why?
Chapter: Not me
Chapter: Finally
Chapter: Is it worth it?
Chapter: Goodbye
Chapter: Learning
Chapter: The End

Chapter: Kiss and Tell

55 2 0
Par sel_evelyn

LESLIE POV

I get the school newspaper in the office. I quickly go to the letter to editor section. The first thing I see is a picture of a major awful car crash in a highway. The caption below says: Picture of car crash that killed student Billy Hawk on November 2013.

Then the passage begins: HI I'M DEREK LONG. IM NOT THE BEST SPEECH GIVER BUT HERE IT GOES.

I WAS VOTED CLASS PRESIDENT JUST LAST YEAR. MANY OF YOU THOUGHT I WOULD BE A GOOD LEADER. I HEARD THAT SOME OF YOU EVEN ADMIRED ME. SO I DO THINK I OWE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU AN APOLOGY AND EXPLANATION OF WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THIS DAY DESCRIPED ABOVE. I WAS SCARED,  CONFUSED, AND ANGRY WITH MYSELF, I WORRIED ABOUT STUPID THINGS. I PUSHED PEOPLE AWAY BECAUSE I THOUGHT THEY JUST FELT SORRY FOR ME. I ALSO PUSHED PEOPLE BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO BE A BURDEN IN THEIR LIVES AND WELL WHO WANTED A KILLER AS A FRIEND? I WAS PROVEN NOT GUILTY OF BILLY'S DEATH BUT I FEEL I AM PART OF THE REASON HE DID. I TRIED TO KEEP ON DRIVING WHILE BILLY WAS OUTSIDE THROUGH THE DOOR WINDOW. I DID TELL HIM TO WAIT, BUT I SHOULD HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE NOT LET HIM GET INSIDE THE CAR. I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT, NONE OF US DID, BUT I SHOULD HAVE SAID OR DONE SOMETHING BEFORE. AND WELL, BILLY DIED AND THE REST OF US GOT INJURED. I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO GOT BADLY INJURED THAN THE OTHERS AS YOU CAN SEE. I WAS AND STILL AM AFFECTED BY WHAT HAPPENED BOTH EMOTIONALLY AND PHYSICALLY. I DEVELOPED DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY AND STILL SUFFER FROM IT. I STILL FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF AND WISH I DIED INSTEAD OF BILLY. I WISH I CAN WALK AND PLAY SOCCER AGAIN. I WISH I HAD FRIENDS AND A LIFE LIKE BEFORE. THE THING IS I CAN HAVE FRIENDS AGAIN AND A LIFE ALL BECAUSE OF LESLIE CHARLES. SHE DIDNT GIVE UP ON ME. SHE KEPT INSISTING. SHE MADE ME FEEL LIKE ME AGAIN. SHE SHOWED ME IT'S OKAY TO BE VULNERABLE. SHE SHOWED ME THAT I HAVE IT GOOD COMPARED TO OTHERS. I COULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL OR WHEELCHAIR FOREVER, OR DEAD, BUT I AM NOT. THANKS TO PEOPLE LIKE LESLIE AND THE REST OF THE PEOPLE WHO STARTED TO TALK TO ME, I REALIZE ALL OF THIS. I MIGHT NOT BE THE SAME DEREK BUT I'M BECOMING SOMEONE I LIKE. AND TROY, I'M SORRY. YOU WERE MY BROTHER AND I JUST FORGOT THAT. YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU MEANT TO ME AND HOW MUCH FLORENCE MEANS TO ME NOW. I KNOW I FAILED YOU AS A FRIEND. I KNOW YOU WON'T TALK OR TREAT ME THE SAME. ALL OF YOU WON'T PROBABLY TREAT ME THE SAME ANYMORE, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO REDEEM MYSELF. YOU ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER THE CAR ACCIDENT. NOW I WANT YOU TO KNOW WHAT THE AFTER AFTER IS AND HELP ME CREATE IT BY LIVING LIKE BILLY WANTED US TO LIVE LIKE. HE LOVED THIS SCHOOL AND CLASSMATES AND TEACHERS. HE WOULD WANT US TO MAKE THIS SCHOOL THE BEST AND LIVE OUR LIVES. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS.- DEREK.

...

DEREK POV

I walk in the cafeteria. I came late to school because of a doctor's appointment.  Even though lunch time is about to end, I want to see Leslie.

Suddenly everyone stands up and claps and cheers as I am walking. What the?

Florence comes running from the crowd and hugs me. "They like you," she smiles. "All the school read your letter."

I let a chuckle and wave awkwardly at everyone. I am not used to the attention like I used to.

I start to look for Leslie but I don't see her.

"Hey!" Jacob comes by my side. "Wow, so there's more to you huh?"

I chuckle, "thanks for being my friend Jacob. I missed you."

"Aww man, me too" he hugs me. "Claire is with Leslie outside," he says.

I nod. "Thanks." I begin to walk out.

"Where are you going? People want to talk to you," Florence drags me to her table. Jacob follows us. I sit and suddenly I'm surrounded by friends I used to have and peers.

"That was sweet about what you said about Billy," Helga says. She a friend of Florence.

"It's the truth. I wanted to say the truth," I say to her.

"It's good you are admitting your feelings bro," Marvin nods at me. He is siting in front of me.

"Thanks, I'm sorry for being an ass,"

"You were battling your demons," he says. He offers me his hand. "How about we hang out again?" I shake his brown color hand and nod.

Soon everyone is asking me other questions and expressing how they felt. We cried, laughed, and talked about so many things. Soon the school bell rings and everyone says goodbye. Florence walks me to my class.

"See, people are giving you a second chance," she smiles.

"I'm glad, but I'm afriad to fail them."

"Stop worrying," Florence kisses me. "See you in science."

I go in the classroom and my classmates are saying hi to me. It feels good but I am anxious about it. I haven't had people come up to me.

...

As biology ends, Florence decided to be flirty with me.

"Maybe we can go back to my house," she winks.

I let a nervous chuckle, "Umm. I think you're parents will freak out."

"They won't."

The school bell rings and we walk out. Florence grabs my free hand and walks with me. "But I need you baby," she pouts.

"Well baby, I want to talk to my family. They don't know I wrote the letter."

"Fine fine," she rolls her eyes.

We are in the parking lot by now. My eyes keep on wondering for Leslie or even Claire.

"Hey, what are you looking for?" Florence asks. We stop by her car.

"Leslie, I haven't seen her all day. Have you?"

"No."

"Can you drop me off at a bakery?" I ask her.

"Why?"

"Just, can you?"

"Okay."

Florence drives me to Leslie's work place. "Thanks. Call you later."

I get out of the car and into the bakery. I see a old lady behind the counter. "Hi, how can I help you dear?"

"Hi, I'm Derek and I'm Leslie's friend. Is she here?"

"Oh sorry, she doesn't work anymore,"

What? Since when?

"Thanks." I step out. Why hasn't she told me anything? I thought we were cool. Did she fired?

I dial Stan. "Hey, are you with Leslie?"

"No, why? Everything okay?" He asks.

"Can you pick me up?"

"Sorry working remember?"

"Darn, okay, bye."

"Wait what's happening?"

"I think she got fired from her work,"

"Shit, man, hopefully she's okay."

"Yeah, I go home in a bit. We can talk there." I hang up and walk to the nearest bus stop. Hopefully she is okay and at home.

LESLIE POV:

"Oh Leslie," Auntie hugs me. We are siting outside Harold's backyard. "It's okay."

"No! I got fired! All because I let my stress out on a poor lady," I sob. I can't believe I yelled and insulted a customer. I was just so stressed out!

"Well at least you won't be skipping school anymore," Auntie says. "I hated that. Your education is more important."

I look at her, "No. You are the most important thing to me."

She wipes my tears, "And you are the most important thing to me Leslie. That's why I want you to succeed and get out of this city, have a beautiful home and not having the worry of money."

I sigh, "But I need to help you pay the bills. On Saturday,  I will go find another job."

"If that will make you happy," she says. I nod and hug her tight.

"Leslie, Derek is in the living room waiting for you," Harold opens the door to the backyard.

I quickly stand and go to the living room. I see him siting patiently with his cane leaning against the couch next to him.

"Hey," I lightly whisper. I sit next to him.

He quickly hugs me. "Sorry about your job."

I don't question him and hug him back. He continues, "you got me worried though. Don't do that again."

"Sorry," I say.

Derek pulls away and cups my face. "Thanks for being with me."

I can't help but to smile. "Thanks for being my friend."

"Stop crying," he wipes the tears from my cheeks and even the buggers from my nose. "I asked my dad to help me find you a job. He wants to interview you for a part time job at his job. They need an errand person."

"You didn't have to do that,"

"But I wanted to, so on Saturday go to my house. Lu is going to drive you to the interview."

I nod. "Thanks."

He drops his hands to my hands and holds them. "Did you read my letter?"

"Yeah, and that's great that you did, it will help you heal," I say.

"Yeah, a lot of people talked to me today. I cleared the air with some of them, and it felt great. But I still don't want them to pity me."

Oh Derek, I think. He is so worried about what people think. "They will be your friends because the love you just the way you are."

"You love me?" He asks.

The question threw me off. I do? I mean I like him alot, hes my best friend, but for some reason my heart skips a beat as his question filled my ears.

"Leslie?" Derek asks. His hand touches my cheek. I cant think right now.

I have my eyes closed shut. I do love someone, Troy, but he doesnt and will never see me that way. I do care so much about Derek, but I don't see him in any other way but a friend. So why? Why am I feeling weak and now his touch is like giving me a pleasureable feeling?

His lips land on mine suddenly. They are soft and a bit thicker on mine. Why? Why? Why is he kissing me? What do I do?

"Ah hum, Leslie," I push Derek and stand. I see Harold with a serious face while my auntie is giggling at me.

"We weren't doing anything wrong!" I exclaim. I am trying to catch my breath. I can't believe what happened!

"Sure, just don't do that in my house, and Derek, I thought you had a girlfriend," Harold says. Derek stands behind me. "Yes sir and I'm sorry. I didn't want to disrespect your home or you."

"Gloria, my love, how about I take Leslie and you home? You have a ride Derek?"

"Yes sir,"

Auntie gets my hand and we walk to the door. I turn to see Derek and he is looking down like if he has realize what he did.

"Come on, we talk at home," Auntie says.

......

DEREK POV

"What?" Stan asks for the million time. He is siting on the edge of my bed.

"I kissed her Stan! Gosh, you're the one being dramatic here," I exclaim.

He looks at me. "But you have Florence,  why?"

"I don't know! I-I just wanted to and I did but she was so stiff and nervous. She just sat there."

"Dude, you cheated on your girl with your best friend and your best friend might not even like you that way. You screwed up everything!"

"Don't you think I know that?" I exclaim. "I'm afraid of what I am feeling."

"Leslie likes Troy," Stan randomly says.

What?

"Troy?" I ask. "My ex best friend, my ex's ex?

He nods. "Yep."

Shit, is he serious?

"This is Trippy," I say.

"And how are you going to say it to Florence?"

"Just stop talking. I only told you because I needed to tell someone."

Stan shakes his head. "Its your life man. Now that you cleared things with people, try to live it right." He stands and leaves my room.

I need to clear my teenage dilemna first to live my life right.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

For You Par MyriamRow

Roman d'amour

249 61 28
Following the horrid events proceeding his little sister's ballet recital, Jaxson Scott awakes into what he describes as nothingness and knows he's d...
21K 710 31
*COMPLETED* Isabella Landon isn't the easiest person. With a heavily weighted baggage of past mistakes, decisions worth a river of tears. She still m...
155 14 14
A whimsical tale of love and destiny.
Lone (BxB) Par poketro1673

Roman pour Adolescents

128K 6.7K 47
High school junior Danny has suffered isolation for most of his life, never experiencing the comfort of truly loving someone and instead being consta...