Fighting Fate

נכתב על ידי Neon_Reese

Sequel to First Shift Kye has agreed to accept Azarais as her mate and Andrea has agreed to mate with the Sig... עוד

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch.9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12

Ch. 3

5.3K 280 8
נכתב על ידי Neon_Reese

I flew through the trees my paws hitting the ground with a steady rhythm. The sounds of the forest surrounded me and it was comforting being back in the trees again even if it wasn't my forest. I had been running ever since I left Gwynn's house not always in my wolf shape but I was continuously on the move. I needed to get to my destination before anyone caught me. The biggest sigh of relief I had was when I made it out of NightShade territory. It was also the most dangerous move I had made. Leaving pack lands without permission from Raiza would get me in real trouble. But not as much trouble as I would be in if another Alpha caught me on their territory without their permission and my Alpha's permission. Despite all that it just felt good to be away from the pack and out of the cage it had become.

The wind felt cool as it slapped against my side and I dug my claws deeper into the snow, forcing myself faster. I was almost there, I could smell the scents in the air. They were so much stronger since I was here last, and this time they were accompanied by a feeling of apprehension. My wolf senses that I shouldn't be here and yet I was running towards the danger. I stopped suddenly, the scent had increased, I was still a good mile from the border, but the border patrol would sense me soon and if they found me in my wolf form it would get ugly much faster. Regretfully I stood up on my hind legs and let the shift take over. I continued walking in the freezing cold, the snow was fairly deep and it was much harder making my way through it as a human than as a wolf. Sadly I also didn't have a spare set of clothes. I really hoped the border patrol sensed me soon otherwise I would have to change back into a wolf to keep from freezing.

I had to walk in the snow for fifteen minutes before I heard the sounds of two wolves running through the forest. They broke out of the trees simultaneously. On was a light brown wolf, about the size of a Labrador. Most wolves were bigger than an average wolf, but this one was smaller meaning they would be quiet short in human form as well. I turned to look at the other wolf who was a light gray and white. This wolf was much bigger than her companion and towered over me. I growl ripped from this wolf's throat and I quickly looked down. If I had been any other type of wolf I would have lowered myself onto my knees as well but as a Beta my wolf instincts wouldn't allow it. Through my peripheral vision I saw the light gray wolf shift.
A girl who looked to be in her mid twenties stood in front of me. Her light brown skin stood out in stark contrast to the snow. "Who are you?" The girl demanded. I chanced looking her in the eyes briefly. She was scowling at me and looked as if she wanted just to tear me to shreds and get on with her day. "My business is with the Alpha and only the Alpha." I told her. I received another growl from her in reply. "You are in our territory, you have no right to demand anything!" She told me. "Technically I am not in you territory for another half a mile. This is no mans land, and I am not demanding anything I just said that I would speak only to your Alpha." I was pushing my luck but I didn't have much choice I needed her Alpha's help before Raiza caught up with me and talked her into handing me over.

"Our alpha is to busy to deal with a nuisance lone wolf." The girl told me. "I am not a lone wolf and I am sure she would be more than happy to see me." That was the truth... for the most part. Helping me however would be a different matter. The girl across from me mashed her teeth together and didn't say another word. She just glared at me. I figured that meant that the alpha was on her way and I relaxed, a bit. Soon we heard the sounds of more wolves making their way through the forest and I picked up a familiar scent in the wind. It didn't take long before five more wolves burst out of the trees and into the little gathering. A familiar reddish wolf stood in the center of the group. She stood up and shifted causing the others to tense. Having the Alpha in human form in front of a foreign wolf was never seemed a good thing. In front of us now stood a tall regal redheaded beauty. She had the bearing as if the entire world at her beck and call. She looked at me and took in my entire appearance. A smirk formed on her face and she strode towards me. "My sweet, young friend," She said. She stopped before me and took a deep breath, inhaling my scent. "You look cold. Perhaps we should take this conversation elsewhere? My bed chamber maybe?" The border patrol girl stepped forward." Alpha! She is a rouge wolf you should just let me kill her and not play around. She could be dangerous!" Her little brown wolf friend was in front of her, seemingly stopping the girl from charging at us. "Oh, calm down Camden. She isn't here to kill me." The redhead came closer and her palm rested on my check. Slowly she walked around me until she faced her companions. She embraced me tightly from behind and rested her head to the right of mine. Her lips where parallel with my ear and they tickled when she spoke. "She is a very old friend, as is her Alpha, and I am sure that Raiza isn't going to try and kill me. I am also sure this, sweet young pup would never agree to it. Isn't that right my darling young Kye?" She asked me. I shivered slightly as her breath tickled my face.

"I am not here to kill you. Actually I am here because I could use your help." I told her. "Really?" A smile broke out on her face and she released me. She turned me around so I was facing her, a look of pure joy was etched on her face. "You told me that hell would freeze over before you ever asked me for a favor." She told me. "I remember." Her smile grew wider. Do you remember what it is I told you in reply, young one?" She asked me. I tensed, but slowly I nodded. "And?" She asked. "You said: if that is how I felt about it than if the day ever came and I ever needed your help I would have to beg you on my hands and knees." I replied. "Tell me Kye, how badly do you need my help?" She asked me. I looked into her eyes and saw her glee. Viviana was ecstatic that I was here because I needed her help. We had never gotten along, mainly because I never really treated her with respect. What could I say, she got on my nerves. Anyway because of that I learned the thing that irked Viviana was someone who stood up to her and snubbed her, and when I had lived here I had always been looking for ways to irk the childish and controlling Alpha. Now because of that the redhead was going to get back at me. I sighed before I kneeled on the ground in front of her. I raised my head to look at her but didn't meet her eyes. "Please, Viviana I truly need your help and your the only one who can help. Please." I begged sincerely. Viviana just stared at me for a moment taking in the scene before she finally responded. "Alright, Kye. Let's head back and warm you up then, I'll hear you out." She offered me a hand and dragged me up and out of the snow. Wordlessly she shifted and lead the group back to the compound.

****

"So, tell me Kye, why are you here?" Viviana asked me. We were seated in her office with a large fire going. Her second stood behind her and watched silently. The other wolves had dispersed when we reached the compound. All of them except the large gray and white wolf. Who followed us back into the Alpha's chambers. The wolf, Camden, was actually the daughter of Viviana's second and she took her fathers place as second when he died. "I need your help getting in the army." I told her. "The army? Kye I think it would be best if you explained your situation fully."

Slowly I made it through the entire story, slowly because Viviana and Camden kept interrupting me. When I was through I was met with a barrage of questions. "Why did you run away? Why not just tell your Alpha that you wished to join the army? Why would you chose the army? You are abandoning your pack! How could you do that to them, to your Sigma. You're her Sevari!" Camden lectured. I sighed and collapsed against the chair. She had been questioning my decisions through the entire story, now her reactions seemed mindless with only one thought: everything should be for the pack. I agreed with that to a point but I wasn't just part of the pack I was also an individual. "Camden, maybe you can sacrifice who you are for the pack and for Viviana but I am a person. As for why I ran away that was mainly because I just wanted to get out of there. You may not see it as such but sometimes the pack, the reach of the Alpha, seems like a cage." I told her. "And yet you run to another Alpha and another pack?" Was her response. I sighed and shook my head. There was just no point in arguing with some people.

"Camden, dinner is going to start soon. You should go eat." Viviana told her. "Alpha I can't leave-" Viviana growled at her and pointed to the door. "Out!" She commanded. A whimper escaped from Camden as she hightailed it out of the room. Viviana stood and walked over to the door. She swung it shut and slid the lock in place. "You think living under an Alpha is a cage? Try being an Alpha!" She told me. I stood from my place in the chair and walked over to her. We were both still naked because Viviana wanted to hear what I had to say right away and didn't feel like bothering to find clothes. "Will you help me?" I asked. "Kye, I don't think running to the army is the right decision. You have been apart of the army for seven years. Even if it was technically your dad that was enlisted, you were there for everything weren't you?" She asked. I nodded not sure what her point was. "Joining the army isn't what you need. Your situation isn't the worst by far. Human society may have evolved to the point were nearly everyone marries for their own desires, but that isn't always the case when it comes to supernaturals. Hell, look at the elves, girls are arranged to be married as soon as they are born. There is also no moving up or down in ranks. With wolves there are more freedoms, speaking of which I see you aren't an omega like you feared." Vivian said. I paused before answering her unasked question. "A beta." I told her.

She nodded and moved closer to me. "Kye, your problem is internal. You need to make peace within yourself if you ever wish to be free." She prophesied. "Viviana, I don't know what that means let alone how to make it happen." She moved closer. "Come, I will take you to your bed. Sleep, and when you wake up we will talk more." She didn't turn around and open the door to her office instead she walked to a hidden door in the side of the wall by her desk. It open and she ushered me into the small hallway. There where a few paths that branched off from the main on rout she lead me straight down the hallway. At the end of the hall was a door that opened into a large room. At the center was a queen sized canopy bed. The decor of the room reminded me more of a dungeon than a bedroom. Comprehension slowly made its way to the front of my exhausted brain: this was Viviana's room. I turned around ready to make my escape but it was to late, the only door I could see leading out of the room was closed, most likely locked, and Viviana was gone.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

13.7K 336 14
Amber's life is drastically changed when she is attacked on her way home from work. She is thrown into a life of territories, packs, alphas and war.
9.3K 595 38
Kye is a fairly normal 17 year old. She enjoys hanging with friends and playing softball, but she struggles with the grief and guilt that surrounds t...
30.2K 1K 27
All of Angel's life she has been a slave and mistreated. Her life has been filled with sadness and pain. Her mother and father were killed by rouges...
20.9K 1K 41
Book 1 of 'I Need Your Help' Jane was just a normal 16 year old, high school girl. She had friends and good grades along with her loving family. But...