Ch. 4

I flopped on the bed and laid down. There was nothing else I could do. Viviana played her games and there was no stopping her. Despite her personality she was the Epsilon for the U.S., the most dominate Alpha in the country and had a place on the supernatural council. Unfortunately for most people they didn't understand how to handle Viviana when they met her for the first time and were steamrolled over by her. Luckily, I had experience dealing with Viviana and I had a past with her. I knew exactly what I had gotten myself into when I came here, at least I hoped hat was true. 

There was no telling when Viviana would be back and I knew there was no way to break out of this room. I turned over and pulled the think, warm comforter on top of myself. Settling back into the wide bed I let myself unwind and fall asleep.

****

When I woke up I was no longer in the bed I was in a hard wooden chair, tied down. My wrists were tied together behind my back, and my legs were tied to the chair. The binds were made very thin but they were silver. They could have been easily broken by a human, for a werewolf however it would be impossible. Cliché as it was silver weakened most supernaturals and no one was sure why. "Viviana!" I called into the dark room. I wasn't blindfolded but the room was so dark a blindfold wouldn't have made a difference. "Your awake," she said. Her finger tips brushed the back of my neck and I jumped. "What the hell?" I asked. "Oh, relax Kye, I'm just having some fun. Besides my pack would be suspicious if I didn't thoroughly interrogate you." She said. Her fingers trailed down my arms, raising goosebumps across my back. "Most of your pack should remember me. Try another reason." I snapped. "Hmmm....is curiosity an acceptable reason for you?" She asked. "No! Now let me go." I told her. "That's no fun, you just woke up. Let me play for a little bit." She whined. "Get over your-" I was cut off when the ceiling exploded. I couldn't see what happened but there was a loud thump coming from above. Than the sound of wood breaking. A bit of light came streaming in from the whole in the ceiling. It wasn't a lot because it was night and also the dust from the explosion blocked out some of it. In front of us was a large piece of the ceiling and standing atop it was a vampire. Her eyes were glowing red and her fangs were extended. Viviana quickly cut my bonds, she must have had wire cutters nearby. I stood up and moved in front of Viviana. She may not have been my Alpha but as the most dominate Alpha all wolves owed alive cue to her, so long as they were under the rule of the government and council. My duty was to protect her from any threat, and I would gladly even if I died. I owed that and so much more to her. 

"Leave now!" I  told the vampire. "Not until I got what I came for." A familiar voice said. "Which is what exactly?" Viviana asked from behind me. "The girl." The vampire replied. She stepped closer and I was able to make out her face through the shifting dust. The first thing I recognized was the glint of silver that sparked by her nostril. "Tess?" I asked. 'What the hell was she doing here?' Tess took another step closer. "Kye, do you know her?" Viviana asked me. "She was or is the vampire that Azarais assigned to protect me." I explained. "Is this true?" Viviana asked Tess. "It is" she replied indifferently as always. "Than tell me Tess why would you trespass onto my territory and attack me?" Viviana asked. "You were going to torturing her!" She said. "Oh? Was I? I don't recall any plans whatsoever to torture her." 

"Don't lie! I could smell her skin being burned by the silver!" Tess said. "How did you smell that? How did you get so far in my compound in such little time?" Viviana demanded. "Enough of this nonsense, give me Kye and I will leave." Tess replied. "It is not nonsense it is important, and I have no control over whether Kye stays or goes the choice is hers." Viviana said. "Kye, would you like to leave with you vampire friend here?" I looked up at Viviana there was a glint in her eye. It was the same look she always got when she discovered a new play toy. "I'm not leaving until I get what I came here for." I told both her and Tess. "Why would you stay, she was going to harm you!" Tess said. "Tess, before you go breaking into werewolf territories learn about them first. This is Viviana Ayers, Epsilon of the U.S and known sadist." I said. Behind me Viviana started laughing, Tess said nothing. "What is so funny?" I asked Viviana. "Me a sadist, oh that's a good one. I'm not a sadist. I just like toying with people." She said. "Uh uh whatever you say." I replied. Viviana came up behind me and pulled me into her. Her mouth came down close to my ear. "Now, Kye what should we do with you lovely friend?" She asked. Tess stood watching the whole exchange, no emotion on her face. 'Why did she follow me? This just made things more complicated!' "Hmm?" Viviana said. Her lips touched my neck and she started trailing them down the my back. "Knock it off Viviana! This isn't the time to be playing around." I scolded. "Your right first we need to do something about the vampire who looks as if she hasn't fed in two months." Viviana said in an unusually serious tone. "I've fed." Tess said in defense. "How many times?" Viviana asked. "...Once."