Ch. 11

I grabbed uselessly at the handle of the door as the car went careening around a corner. Viviana was behind the wheel and she was driving as though Raiza was trying to kill her, which was currently not the case.

"Who let Viviana drive?" I muttered as we blew through a stop light.

I was stuffed in the back seat of a SUV along with Andrea and Matthias, while Raiza was calmly sitting in the front seat as if we weren't currently in a car going forty miles over the speed limit.

"Stuff it, pup. Complain after you learn how to drive," Viviana cackled evilly as she rounded curve.

"It really isn't that bad," Matthias said from the other side of Andrea.

"No one asked you," I muttered from my end of the car. I knew it was childish but I couldn't help but dislike the guy. It was not my fault he came off as extremely smarmy, and who liked smarmy people?

"Kye," Andrea said in the tone she always used to scold me.

I sighed and leaned further back in my seat. The ride wasn't even half over and I wanted nothing more than to escape the vehicle.  Being stuck in a tin can with my crush, my Alpha, my slightly insane friend/crush's mother, and my crush's fiancee was not on my bucket list of things to do. The fact we were rushing into a potentially dangerous situation that would lead to a homicidal rage by an unsubstantial bit of floating ectoplasm did nothing to improve my mood.

"Finally!" I gasp as I pulled myself out of the car I had just spent the last thirty minutes trapped in. The drive from the compound to the Manor usually took closer to fifty minutes but luckily for me Viviana was driving. It was not lucky however for anyone else who happened to be out. Viviana had to be one of the worst drivers on the planet, she took normal driving behaviors as mere guidelines. Such as driving on the right side of the rode.

"Suck it up, I am not that bad of a driver," Viviana stated as she climbed out of the SUV.

I rolled my eyes and decided to ignore the overgrown child for a minute. My attention was diverted from the others as I took in the Manor. It had not been that long since I had been living here part time but it somehow felt like forever.

"The sun is not yet completely set so the majority of the vampires will  still be dead to the world in their own rooms. The older, more powerful, vampires like Azarias should be awake," I explained to the others.

"And you know this how?" Matthias asked looking at me suspiciously.

"I lived here," I told him. I got to enjoy the flabbergasted look on Matthias' face for a moment before I began striding across the lawn towards the front door. Instead of knocking, which would have been polite, I just opened the front door.

I was use to living here and having free reign more or less to do as I pleased. The others were not as comfortable as I was in the Coven's territory.

On the other side of the door one of the human servants were waiting, Marisa, she didn't even bat an eye at my entrance or my company. Instead she smiled charmingly at my company.

"Mistress, welcome home," Marisa said curtsying. "Can I be of service?" 

"I need to speak with Azarias."

"Master, woke not long ago. I can take you-"

"That is all Marisa," The crisp voice of Tess said as she appeared before us in the middle of the hall. Tess was in her normal attire of black leathers and her hair was tied back, her eyes were focused more on the people behind me than anything else, and her stance was tense, meaning she was ready for a fight.