Ch.9

***
"Kye is my wolf you cannot just announce that you plan on claiming her!" Raiza yelled.

It was two days after the fight with Andrea and I was finally able to move. My recovery meant that once again everyone was meeting in Raiza's office, and I meant everyone. Aunt Laura, Uncle Levi, Sadie, Skye, Savvy, Aunt Violet, Carson, Ember, Ryan, Aspen, Corrigan, Maren, Willow, Raiza, Andrea, Azarias, Tess, Viviana and I were packed into Raiza's office.

Viviana and I stood apart from everyone else and it felt like we were facing a angry mob. "If you are unhappy with the circumstances blame your Sigma, Raiza." Viviana said coldly. I had been trying to calm her down over the last two days but she was being unreasonable. Not that I didn't understand why, but dealing with her when she was like this was even worse than normal. She refused to listen to anyone and showed no emotion. In a way it scarred me because it reminded me of the Viviana when I first met her.

Raiza flinched at Viviana's tone and as one the group's focus shifted towards Andrea. "What exactly happened that day?" Raiza asked. The pack had arrived in time to see Viviana releasing me of Andrea order's and her intent to claim me as one of her pack but apparently missed the part where Andrea had pissed Viviana off.

Corrigan stepped forward and addressed Raiza.

"Andrea and Kye where arguing about Viviana again and Kye said something that pissed Andrea off. Andrea lost control and attacked Kye." Corrigan briefly explained.

"You intend to claim Kye because an adolescent wolf lost control?" Raiza demanded.
"No, I could care less about what lead to their fight. I plan on claiming Kye because your Sigma said and I quote 'Kye is my Servari I have every right to attack her.'" Silence met Viviana's statement and she continued to gaze over everyone with the same cold look she had on her face since the incident. I moved closer to Viviana touching her shoulder. "She didn't mean it like that. I told you I'm fine." Viviana glanced at me and her gaze warmed. "Tell me honestly Kye, would you truly mind if I took you back with me. You were so ready to escape this pack only a few days ago. It has been one thing right after another since you returned here. You were always happy when you were with my pack. When you were at my side. Return with me." Viviana gently implored.

Andrea's growled ripped through the room echoed by Ember, Raiza and Corrigan.
"She is not going anywhere!" Andrea said. Viviana looked away from me her gaze going hard again. "You were ready to send her off with Azarias a few days ago without any regret despite the fact that it could have very well killed her." Viviana accused. Andrea bristled and started forward only to be held back by Raiza. "Sending her with you, it is certain she will be killed, Mate-killer." Ember growled.

My vision went red and my wolf howled as it sprung forward. I have never shifted so fast before. I jumped in front of Viviana, my wolf challenging Ember to say another negative thing about Her.

"Enough!" Andrea pushed her way forward until she stood before me and Viviana. "Kye, has made it clear she trusts you. She even told me that night that she respects what you did. I want you to explain to me what happened in your own words that night you killed my father. I want to understand just why Kye trusts you." Andrea demanded.

I glanced back at Viviana she still wore the cold look of indifference on her face but I noticed she was conflicted. Andrea had never asked for her side of the story before, no one other than I had. Now just because she was mad at Andrea was not a good enough reason to let this chance slip by. I nudged her shoulder with my head and whimpered, urging her to tell her tale. Viviana closed her eyes and leaned against the wall behind her. For the longest time no one moved, no one spoke. I almost gave up hope she would explain when Viviana finally spoke. Her voice sounded different than before instead of her indifference or even her playfulness a haunted tone filled the room.